Start by marking “Escape From Prague” as Want to Read:
Escape From Prague

Escape From Prague

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  36 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Krystyna’s life is brutal. It has always been.

Forced into prostitution by Edvard, a violent Prague criminal and pimp, Krystyna struggles to survive.

Worse, her younger sister, Anna, whom Krystyna has protected and loved since childhood, has naively followed Anna to Prague and into Edvard’s clutches.

Desperate and reckless, Krystyna gambles her life and her sister's to becom
Published February 26th 2017 by Colin Knight

To ask other readers questions about Escape From Prague, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape From Prague

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Escape From Prague
Miriam Smith
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kept-book, signed
Having previously read "Bad Analysis" by Colin Knight I was very excited when I was asked to read his new book "Escape from Prague". This had a very enticing blurb which had me intrigued from the start.
There's no preamble here just straight into a gritty, hard hitting often brutal novel with a setting that almost had me feeling I was there in the Czech square with the undesirables. The story starts around Anna trying to flee Prague and her violent pimp Edvard to reunite with her sister Krystyna
Glen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: firstreads, sleaze
I won this book in a goodreads drawing.

Harrowing book about a woman who falls victim to the sex trade in Prague. She tries to escape from a brutal pimp. Meanwhile, her younger sister comes to Prague and falls into his clutches.

Very eye opening.
Liz
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, thriller
‘Escape From Prague‘ is fast paced and as such offers a quick, thrilling reading experience with a raw use of crime and prostitution elements. With great execution, being equal parts riveting, chilling and harrowing, it certainly kept my adrenaline levels high throughout and in the end… I think the outcome of the story was the best. It wasn’t disillusioned when it came to certain relationships and at the same time it left just enough up in the air to leave me pondering… For full disclosure,the A ...more
Anne (w/ an E)
This was a decent story, in spite of the mistakes I found. I would read another story by Colin Knight.
I won this ebook in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Jordan
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Escape from Prague was written by Colin Knight and was published 26 February 2017.

“Krystyna’s life is brutal. It has always been.

Desperate and reckless, Krystyna gambles her life and her sister’s to become the concubine of four Englishmen.

A virtua
Clare Pama
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Escape from Prague, absolutely loved the book could not put it down, hence I finished it in a week, reading it every chance I could spare. I found it a bit far fetched but at the same time so many parts of reality of what goes on in this world, very good balance. Of course I am no book critique but if a book grabs me in the 1st 5 pages it is a go. Reading the book I felt like I was there with the characters watching from a far.

I thought the ending was excellent although very unexpected, there i
CuteBadger
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book through the Goodreads Giveaways programme and hadn't heard of the author before. The novel is a fast-paced thriller focusing on two sisters and their fight to leave the sex trade behind them. It's written for maximum tension and will be a big hit with fans of the thriller genre as the action goes on right to the end of the book. I did feel at times, however, that some of the detail of both the sexual acts and violence was a little strong for me, and that I wou ...more
Lisa
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time reading Colin Knight book & I will definitely be reading another one of his. Escape From Prague was fast paced & edgy. His characters were well developed. I was disgusted by the Manchester men, cheered for the sisters & was very satisfied with the ending. Knight brought out the horror, the trauma, experienced by people caught up in the sex trade. While I want all to obey the law, I understand why so many people in this situation feel there is no safety for them within the ...more
Lizenbyl
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read about two sisters in the sex trade in Prague. They escaped their pimp & went to England where one of them was in kept by 4 men who used her on a regular basis. She escaped them & her & her sister started a new life. Both the pump from Prague & one of the men from England-- hunted them down. Read the book to learn the rest. ...more
David Lloyd
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable fast paced thriller. A young woman escapes from the vicious pimp that was forcing her to work the mean streets of Prague. She follows her sister (who also escaped from the same pimp) to England. The sister unfortunately is trapped working as a prostitute for four lowlives. Will the sisters escape the life of prostitution? Or will the pimp from Prague track them down to seek revenge?
Renée Fornelli
I received this in a Goodreads giveaway, and I read it fairly quickly -- it's fast paced and full of action. The style was great -- I prefer third person narration so I enjoyed that. However, the content is not my cup of tea. I did find the ending satisfying, as well. A solid read.
Kendra Morgan
From Prague to Manchester

Pretty good. It’s about escaping the seedy of a bad city, escaping the gangsters that run the place, and trying to start fresh.
GERALD GENTRY
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
Although this book is fiction, Escape from Prague by Colin Knight, sheds light on just how depraved and demonic the sex-trade really is. A sometimes hard to read, brutal story of human trafficking.
Lisa
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-won, thriller
I thought this book was going to be way more graphic and uncomfortable. I was pleasantly surprised! Colin Knight did a great job of detailing just enough without going overboard to get the story across without making it too gory. I was on the edge of my seat for most of the story. I was hoping it would end a little differently, but I'm not heartbroken. Overall, LOVED IT!
Laura Larson
Pretty decent thriller. I didn't feel connected to the characters much and I kinda wanted to smack some sense into Anna more than once. Huge trigger warnings for human trafficking, violence, rape, and racism. The plot was pretty basic but well written with some interesting details added to keep of from being too bland.
Tena
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won a kindle version #GoodreadsGiveaway
Kevin Buxton
Sep 03, 2019
KarnagesMistress
Jan 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways. It is a Kindle book.
MrAb Blair
May 20, 2018
Lisa A Roy
May 02, 2020
Amanda
Mar 16, 2018
Sandy Richter
rated it did not like it
Sep 18, 2017

• How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • Stop Doing That Sh*t: End Self-Sabotage and Demand Your Life Back
  • The Blink of an Eye: What Dying Taught Me About Living
  • Out of the Shadows: A Memoir
  • Das Heilige Römische Reich Deutscher Nation: Vom Ende des Mittelalters bis 1806
  • Nella Waits
  • Paranoid
  • Darkness Rising Box Set: The Complete Series (Darkness Rising, #1-6)
  • The Girlfriend
  • Lost and Found
  • În război
  • Extinction War (The Extinction Cycle #7)
  • The Red Daughter
  • Mosaic (Breakthrough, #5)
  • Extinction Evolution (The Extinction Cycle, #4)
  • Shutter Island
  • The Long Walk: The True Story of a Trek to Freedom
Colin Knight was born in Manchester, England to working class parents – his father painted houses and drove delivery trucks; his mother worked in a retirement home. He and his four siblings shared a small three-bedroom house on an unremarkable city owned housing estate ten miles from the city centre. From seven to sixteen years old, he held newspaper and milk delivery jobs, which he did, before sc ...more