Start by marking “The Tonkin Protocol (Dan Roy #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tonkin Protocol (Dan Roy #3)

The Tonkin Protocol

(Dan Roy #3)

In the steamy tropical jungles of Myanmar, Dan Roy will meet his match...

Dan has joined the backpacker trail in far South East Asia. He wants nothing but peace, and to relax.
But trouble finds him soon enough. Kimberly Smith is a CIA agent. She is flown into Myanmar, to help locate another CIA agent, missing in action.
When Dan saves Kim from an ambush, their fates
Published April 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Tonkin Protocol, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tonkin Protocol

Start your review of The Tonkin Protocol (Dan Roy #3)
Todd Simpson
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is another exceptional novel by Mick Bose. He definitely knows how to write a thoroughly entertaining Action Thriller. This is the third book in this series, and I’ve really enjoyed each one of them. I quite enjoyed that there are a couple of twists in the story that I wasn’t expecting. Dan Roy just can’t help himself with it comes to helping someone in trouble, and he seems to have an acute sense of danger. So when he see’s Kimberly Smith is corned in an alley by four men in Myanmar, he ...more
Rod
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a stand out thriller having read 1# and # I would have to say that Mick Bose has my full attention as a thriller Writer .
I feel that I can go on a binge here for a while i read this book in one day that is surprising for Me I wasn't aware of Mick Bose until he emailed me with a free book. it was a great intro for me to his writing
check him out i you like a fast paced thriller 5 stars
a top Read
Satrajit Sanyal
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great story! It immerses you in the country of Myanmar (Burma) and you are thrown into the middle of the political and cultural upheaval that is progressing to not necessarily a positive end. We have to dodge drones, bullets, car crashes, ambushes, beatings, and all other sorts of unpleasant situations which keep the story and the characters constantly on the move. The experience of being in the middle of such an emerging culture is actually incredible. This story is thrilling, ...more
Markus H
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Did I like it?
Yes, but…This is book 3 of a series. You can read it as a standalone. You get the necessary info about his backgrounds. About what makes the hero tick. Maybe you get more if you’ve read it as part of the series. Which I haven’t. Asian setting, suspense, thriller. I like that.
What I didn’t like
My standard problems with these kinds of books. 1. The hero is unbeatable in the long run. He always gets out. Even if his chances are miniscule. 2. The violence has a tendency to get
Karin
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have read several books with ‘protocol’ in their titles lately. According to the various definitions, protocol is said to be a set of rules and regulations to be followed in certain situations. However, from the Gulf of Tonkin to Yangon, things are happening that seem to have no set rules. Who can you trust? My other question is, how do all of these guys carry all that ammunition around with them all the time??? I recommend this book for those who know what it is like and want to relive it ...more
Raven
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok
Tonkin protocol mystery

Unrelenting car chases and gun fights. How many killed? Four sides or more if you count individual's self-interests. A map of the countryside would help. A listing of names, titles and affiliations too. What is the Tonkin protocol? I only read the book for the title thinking it would relate to the gulf of Tonkin incident. Fooled me. The story got lost in the action.
Meghan
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Non stop adventure and action with a new dimension to Dan. I loved this book...the story, the characters and the twist I did not see coming. I did not like the very ending, but I am hopeful that we see certain characters again bc I really liked the three of them.

I read the first four Dan stories in 2.5 days and I am not ready to stop. Each book takes us to a new country with a new backstory and new intriguing government aspect and I love it!
Lisa
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Dan Roy fans will enjoy this book.

I have enjoyed all the previous Dan Roy books but found this one heavy going at first. The second half for me was much better and was less confusing. I'm still looking forward to the next adventure .. Mick Bose is a very talented writer and Dan Roy is a complex man, this combination keeps you wanting more. If you are new to this series I recommend that you read the earlier books first.
Cherie
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need a "Dan Roy" in my life!

Action packed with just the right amount of romance and redemption in it. Neither Dan Roy or Mick Bose disappoint in this thriller with a mystery villain that I didn't figure out, which almost never happens. An exciting, adventure with both a terrific hero and courageous heroine, great plot, gorgeous scenery, and hope for a battle scarred weary warrior. Mr Bose is fast becoming one of my favorite authors.
Wanda
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of action. Dan Roy has luck beyond

Even my ability to suspend belief. I lost count of his single-handed slaughter. Dozens, easily. Made all the Marvel superhero dudes look wimpy.

There are more books in this series, but it will be a while before I spend any money on them. So why 4 stars? The plot line held my interest, and I wanted to know how they ultimately survived the very real threats.

This kind of book is a good diversion but not made for a steady diet.

Eirlys
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thrills and Spills

This book surprised me because it didn't seem like my kind of read. I was enthralled by the characters as well as the plot. Dan was captivated by Kim who needed his help and she got caught up in the life of a small girl who embedded herself into her heart. I had never read one of Mick Bose's books before, but I am going to read more of his books.
Seth Parker
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author has a good knowledge of special ops training. I do find though that the main character seems to escape death or injury a little too much. His settings of the events in the book are described well to give you a good feeling for the environment the story is set in. With that said I do enjoy reading the books. Fast paced and well written.
Dennis Dyrland
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book was great

The character in this book is one hot killing machine . The setting were well described ,I almost felt myself in the jungle.Of course ,with a little imagination, the story could be almost be believable.
Debbie
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jungle Fever

Nonstop action for thriller junkies like me. Despicable bad guys, innocents and soldiers of conflicting armies. From the jungles to the affluent streets of Myanmar. Never a dull moment.
Elizabeth Wilson Higgins
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW

Fast paced action just as a real thriller should be. Couldn't put away even though middle of the night just had to keep going same as Dan Roy. This is a Hero. Looking forward to reading more of Mick Bose books. Definitely my type of writer..keep up the good work.
Loretta Edgar
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Action

Good story line, full of action. Dan Roy is an over the top action hero but very likeable. He is discovering that he is a good man. But is try to stay away go Mr clandestine ops. Just was to get on with his life. But life keeps getting in the way.
Carol Simmons
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic Book

I know when Dan Roy is present bad people will die.and good people will meet and fall in love with Dan. These books by this author continues to demonstrate this and I know I will read every book by this author
Larry Powers
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rescue

Dan Roy's friend is kidnapped and he goes through hell and high water to rescue her. Just when you think you know the ending, the plot changes. Great Story.
Kerry Dillenburg
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A cartoon hero that can do no wrong.

A totally cartoonist take on a super bulky conflicted secret agent having to heroically save the captured female agent from an evil nemesis.
Tom Ekman
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced thriller

2 days of non stop action. One of the fastest paced stories I have read in some time. More action and gun play and explosions to keep the adrenaline flowing.
Anna Lopez pugsley
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Late night

Do not start this book til Saturday morning! The reason being, you'll not want to put it down till you're finished!
Well done antagonists, fast paced and intense!
lesley Benrimoj
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another good read from mick bose.

Ive now read 2 of his novels and have Hellfire to read next. Good character, i like Dan Roy.... His exploits are exciting and the flow of storyline is excellent. Hellfire here i come!
Glen Vaglica
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A man to admire

A good read that leads you into the adventures of a real hero. A man with good instincts and a big heart.
Curtis Hawk
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
A good read however, hard to phantom one guy surviving all of the action
Still a great writer and story.
Peggy Pancherz
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Characters are realistic and get better and better. Storyline continues to grow and develop.
Robbie
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! This book moves like a roller-coaster. So much action; Dan Roy is unbeatable. I rate this one 5 stars.
MARILYN RAYNER
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unstoppable!

Dan Roy is a one man army.
Nothing phases him. He will not quit until he achieves his goal.
Will Maya and Kim be his Achilles heel?
Kenn Goslin
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I guess everyone has a soft w!!

Who would have thought Dan Roy and Maya a young orphan would find such a strong connection!!! I have to keep reading!!!
Charles Hastings
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Save your money. Single handed kills all of the bad guys. All he need is a red cape. Never seen so many bad guys shooting at a person and he knows where all of the shot are coming from and can duck in time. Sorry BS.
Susan
Apr 04, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This is the third book in the Dan Roy series. You can read this as a standalone but it makes more sense if you read the previous books. There is a lot of violence.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat all of that info here.The action started at the beginning and continued throughout the book. The storyline is average and formulaic, but is still worth reading.Overall I enjoyed reading this book and can't wait to see what Dan gets mixed up in next.

• Lion (Will Slater #2)
  • Wolf (Will Slater #1)
  • Bull (Will Slater #5)
  • Savages (The Jason King Files #3)
  • Hawk (Will Slater #6)
  • The Storm (Omega #3)
  • Hunted (Jason King #6)
  • Double Edged Blade (Omega #2)
  • Lynx (Will Slater #4)
  • Cartel (The Jason King Files #1)
  • Contracts (King & Slater #2)
  • Dawn of the Hunter (Omega #1)
  • One Hundred Years Of Tanner (Tanner #19)
  • Corrupted (Jason King, #5)
  • Revelations (Tanner #20)
  • Warrior (The Jason King Files #2)
  • Fractured Allegiance (John Stone #3)
  • Jack Hunter: Origin Story (CIA Assassin Book 1)

Dan Roy (9 books)
  • Hidden Agenda (Dan Roy #1)
  • Dark Water (Dan Roy #2)
  • Shanghai Tang (Dan Roy #4)
  • Scorpion Rising (Dan Roy #5)
  • Deep Deception (Dan Roy #6)
  • Scorpion Down (Dan Roy #7)
  • Code Zero (Dan Roy #8)
  • Scorpion Sting (Dan Roy #9)