Start by marking “Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords #2)” as Want to Read:
Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords #2)

Lords of Kellesborne

(The Draegan Lords #2)

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  1,068 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
A hundred years ago, the high sorcerer of Velensperia launched a swift and deadly attack against the draegans—a race of dragon shapeshifters who’d always lived in harmony with the humans. The draegans were all but destroyed, with the few who remained, scattered and in hiding. But after a century of cruel repression, a group of them have united and begun to fight back. Thei ...more
Published April 3rd 2017 by Kellesborne Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Lords of Kellesborne, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lords of Kellesborne

Bookwatcher
I WANT TO RIDE A DRAGON!

Oh Yeah... I could be that big boob bitch lady riding the dragon!!!

No wait a second... this phrase could have another meaning!

I WANT TO RIDE A DRAGON!

huuuuummmm... ok, so I think both meanings are valid in this case, because KEIRAN is a hell of a dragon!

Quick comment about the story (without spoilers of the #1 or this #2 of the serie)

Ok, the first book let us know how can enemies be together in hot sex scenes to fight against a common enemy, the son of a bitch villa
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Well... I sure as hell hadn't expected that ending. It was a bit of a shock, as I had expected something else. It was a pleasant surprised, I think, though an horrible twist for the story. Overall, the book had its moments, though it was boring as well. And fuck, I was going crazy with all the I love you's. You love each other, I get it, but I don't need to hear it all the time. Just saying. Though the ending makes you intrigued to continue, the series is still not the best out there and makes y ...more
Claudia
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
second review
I think.I love this book even more than the first

first review
speak about cliffhangers!!! and now I have to wait for the next book ...

at least as good as the first. LOve the world, the dragons and especially Gaige and Keiran. Gaiges characer is really developing and I love to watch
Ami
The sequel of True of Heart (or Book #2 of The Draegan Lords series) is even better than the first book.

First because it is the length is longer, which gives me satisfaction of being immersed into the urban fantasy world of draegans and their fight against the evil sorcerer, Byram.

Second because there are a lot of development from both Keiran and Gaige as characters, including more stories regarding Keiran's heritage as the last Draegan Lord and his followers. It's an amazing world to follow,
Lily
Book two in the Draegan Lords series starts off right where book one ended. Gaige had been captured and treated brutally by Byram, the High Sorcerer of Velensperia, until finally Keiran was able to rescue him. During their escape Keiran is also injured. Now the men must recuperate, get back to their people and plan and be ready for the certain fight ahead. Byram now knows Keiran's true heritage and he'll stop at nothing to kill him and all of the other Draegans.

I really liked the continuation of
Jacq
Mar 16, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
AUG 2008-Loved it!
Waited for sequel...Years years years!
From 5 stars to 1 damn Star!

JAN 2016 RE Analyzed.

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
4.25

Better than the first with more action, hot sex (well, more of it anyway). It was a pretty engaging book overall. Again like the first book, although there was nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't quite cut the 5-star mark. I just feel that even though there is nothing I can point out that could clarify my taking off a star, it's just that I don't feel that it really is that good of a book to be able to make it that far.

I don't know. And even now I feel a bit iffy taking off a star even as
M'rella
Too much drama for my personal taste. Do men even talk that much, especially about their emotional state? However, I love the plot and dragons in particular. Starting the next book :)
Erin
Jul 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Danielle Gypsy Soul
Honestly I thought Book 1 was better. Both the MCs in this book were a bit too emotional for me. I'm all for alpha guys having feelings but it seemed like they were constantly on a super high or a super low. Extreme guilt or constant I love yous. Also not a lot happened in this book until the end and while I like some good sex scenes there just felt like too many in this book at odd times. Interesting cliffhanger though and since I did really love the first book I'll give book 3 a shot to see if ...more
Calila
I loved this. It actually surprised me in places. Just when I thought the guys would be uncommunicative and ruin everything by not talking about their insecurities....they talked! And reassured. And it was great. I like the progression of the plot as well. I liked the new characters introduced. The twist towards the end and the new big bad was interesting. THE ENDING WAS NOT OKAY.
Christine
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a good dragon story and this one was almost as good as the first book. I think this one needed a bit more fleshing out on some of the character points but over all a wonderful book. I look forward to reading book 3
Jeanne 'Divinae'
After this cliffhanger ending... I NOW find out that well there is a book 3, book 4 never happened. It has been years!!

So frustrated that I started an unfinished series. I am upset that I wasted my money on a book (which was very pricey for a kindle book) only to find out it will never end.

It's my own fault. I should have LOOKED before I began this series. But I didn't. And know I'll never know how it ends and it is a HUGE cliffhanger at the end of this book. Guess I'll have to come up with my o
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
How could it just end like that?! Ugh, cliffhangers! Lol.

I really loved this book. It was definitely better than the first one, True of Heart. I was hooked from the very beginning and even with all the months that passed between reading ToH and LoK I was still able to follow the story and remember the basics of what happened in ToH.

I liked Gaige more in this one, though. He seems like a more trustworthy type of character now whereas before I was still kinda cautious of if he was actually good a
Fangtasia
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stunning in the intensity of the feelings portrayed between the MCs, the author cleverly uses the usual mis-communications between them but resolves them quickly and believably.

I keep thinking this is similar but an adult, m/m version of "Lord of the Rings".

My only complaint? The cliff-hanger finish. But, I'm already reading the last in the series, Fires Of Ballian, absolutely obssesed with what happens next.
C
Dropping to 3 stars due to the unfinished nature of this series, a lack of closure on the story has impacted my opinion for all 3 books, I will never re-read them since I know they're unfinished. A warning to all who would start this series, we've been waiting for book 4 for 3 years. I'm giving up hope and removing book 4 from my want to read pile. Very, VERY frustrating.
AliciaJ
It's been a while since I read the first book in this series, but I was able to jump right back into the story with no problem. This is an excellent combination of m/m romance and fantasy. Loved it.
Tori Thompson
4.5 heart review for Love Bytes Reviews!

A copy of this book was provided in exchange for an honest review. Please visit www.lovebytesreviews.com to see this and many more reviews, interviews, and giveaways.

This is the second book in the epic fantasy series The Draegan Lords. In book one, True of Heart, we met Gaige and Keiran. At the beginning of the story Gaige has been sent by Byram, the high sorcerer of Velensperia, on a mission to find the leader of the remaining draegans. He finds the camp
Irestia
I like this book even more than the last one because Keiran started to feel more realistic to me. He was just a bit too close to perfect in the first book, so he was on the verge of being a Gary Stu. Anyway, he made mistakes in this book, which I enjoyed.

I also was relieved to see that Gaige and Keiran have maintained their lack of fixed sexual roles; I was worried the author only had them switch for the logistics of the bonding.

I just really enjoy that neither character sees the other as weake
Elyse
Jul 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gaige & Kieran are so mushy and adorably in love. I do not care what people think, or how much of a cliché/trope it is, I absolutely love the concept of “truemate”.

Since his identity have been reveal, Gaige is trying to gain the people trust, while Kieran have to accept his heritage and become the draegans leader. And that about it, there is not a lot of action in this book, it all about characters progression and feeling (and yes there is a lot of them, and a lot of I love you). Come on thi
F.
Read in one sitting, loved it!! Then, tragedy.... where is the rest of the series???? I am bummed and stunned!! We can't leave Kieran with the demon!! Hurry up we have to save Jax first then get Kieran!!

5 stars
Danae Sam
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó esta saga, quedé enganchada desde el primer libro, solo desearía que la autora continuara con la historia llevo bastante tiempo esperando :(
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★☆☆ ~ 3.5 Stars
Lords focuses on Keiran and Gaige's relationship and learning more about what the true mating means for Gaige and Keiran. And ends on a cliffy so on to #3.

Diane Dannenfeldt
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Seriously it can't end like that! Review to come
Crissy Morris
5 stars

Originally reviewed for JoyfullyJay.com

Former Captain of the High Guard Gaige Rizik’s world has been turned upside down. One day he’s one of the most feared, most respected men under High Sorcerer Byram’s command, the next day he is mated to the leader of the draegan rebels, the high sorcerer’s sworn enemies. After his rescue and escape from Byram’s dungeon and near death by poisoning, Gaige is faced with the fact that he is of mixed blood – both human and draegan – that he’s now mated to
Julesmarie
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, dragons, m-m

Harrumph. Why did I not know that this series is unfinished?! I try to avoid starting unfinished series as much as possible, but somehow I totally missed that about this one. So, yes. This book ends on a cliffhanger, but when I went to buy #3 so I could see what happens, I found out that it's got a cliffhanger ending also... and there's no book #4! So now I have no incentive to spend more money just to still not know what happens in the end.

Alright, rant over.

This book was only okay for
Kavisha
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ratings are for book 1 and 2 together.
I have had this series in my TBR bookshelf forever. I refuse to read a series in which all parts have not been published. The wait would kill me. Having said that, I was in quite a dry spell, with no inspiring books to read, so I just divined into this series without checking to see if book 4 was published. What a mistake, after book 2 I realized that only book 3 is out with the 4th one having no expected date of publication. Book 1 and 2 have felt like one
Paisley
When I first read book #1 True of Heart I really enjoyed it - but when I read this one I absolutely loved it (and it made me have to love the first one even more).

I do love a good love story - one that has heart - and this one really does. The world of these guys is built and created so well in this book. You know their love is strong and very deep - and the sexy, freakin' hot love scenes are smoking too. All of this creates an amazing story that is fun to read and very entertaining. I am easily
Kristin
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, shifters
Wow. As stated on the first book, I'm a fan of M.L. Rhodes and I enjoy this type of story a lot. It was also longer than the first book, so we got a lot of action which I enjoyed. I highly recommend this book for all who enjoy shifters, paranormals, suspense and m/m pairings of soul mates.

Also, holy cliffhanger, Batman! For those who like to be forewarned, this book does end on a cliffhanger. However, good news! The third book is available, so you can find out how it ends right away. From the re
Yuu Sasih
More setting description and I love to imagine their world. And then when I read about the elf, I just like, "what's this, another tolkien loosely-based?" But when the elf (I really forget her name) killed the spy, I decided that I was wrong. At least the elf didn't sing whe she killed him. (and no, before you protest, I don't dislike LoTR, quite the opposite, actually)

I also love Keiran and Gaige interaction. Their charecter were more developed in this book, as much their sex. LOL.

I usually hat
  • The Bonding (Gaven, #2)
  • Hallowed Bond (Chronicles of Ylandre, #2)
  • The Land of Night (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #3)
  • Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic, #1)
  • The Devil's Fire (The Kingdom of Orielle, #1)
  • Body Magic (Triad #2)
  • The Dragon's Tamer
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Snowflakes and Embers
  • Cethe
  • Dragon Slayer (The Empty Crown #1)
  • Honored Vow (Change of Heart, #3)
  • Crescendo (Song of the Fallen, #2)
  • Paul's Dream (Touching Fire, #1)
  • Deceptions (Soul Mates, #2)
I’m author M.L. Rhodes and I write m/m romance and fantasy. This means my books are about gay or bisexual men meeting, falling in love, and finding happily-ever-afters with other men. Sometimes the settings are contemporary, sometimes the stories take place in worlds filled with dragons, witches, or other fantasy and paranormal creatures. But there’s one thing of which you can be certain…in my boo ...more

The Draegan Lords (6 books)
  • True of Heart (The Draegan Lords #1)
  • Fires Of Ballian (The Draegan Lords, #3)
  • An Unexpected Magick (The Draegan Lords #4)
  • Dark Magick Rising (The Draegan Lords, #5)
  • Circle of Ariend (The Draegan Lords, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)