Start by marking “Dragon Mage (Tarragon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Mage (Tarragon, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Dragon Mage

(Tarragon #2)

After hundreds of years, the gates to Tarragon are open once more, fulfilling age-old prophecy. However, Anwen's journey is far from over. The dragons still sleep and she has no clue how to wake them. Forced to retreat from the Mountain, she and her newfound friends must devise a new plan to wake the inhabitants of Tarragon. Meanwhile, the Mage Circle, a group of dragon ma ...more
Published March 31st 2017 by Dragonkey Press

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Mage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Mage

Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Young Adult, fantasy.

Book #2 of a trilogy, that is not suppose to be read as a stand-alone. The end of this one doesn't feel like a cliffhanger, but if you are following the series, you know there is a lot learn yet.

Addictiveness: Highly addictive. This one is packed with action and keep the readers on the edge of their seat from the beginning.
Character: hero 4.5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 4/5  Yes. In this installment of the series we got to see Anwen dis
Lauren Jones
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pressure is a dangerous thing. It can be something that makes a person snap, typically involving stress and the fear of letting someone else down. It can also be a good thing though. For some, being under pressure may be how they get their best productiveness. In this novel, Anwen is placed under an immense pressure to do something that no one else is able to do. She is the key keeper, destined to open the mountain and wake the dragons that have been slumbering there for a very long time. Lucas ...more
Carole Rae
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 of the Tarragon Series. The last book ended with me being upset and wanting...no...needing to see what would happen next.

Anwen and her friends continue on their journey to become stronger and get ready for the next step in their battle. Randomly, Anwen's mother has joined their party to give them aid and well-needed training. There is a lot of dangers they will be facing.

The story started right where it left off. I feel like these characters had a lot of character development and growth
Jodie Scott
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Queens of the darkside

I really enjoyed this story and everything about it. Im loving the mythical creatures at the moment and so this book was right up my street. The story is very well written with a great descriptive text and keeps you hooked which i loved!

The main female character is great and i enjoyed watching her develop throughout the story. Will she succeed in her plans to open the mountain? Read it to find out at this book deserves your full enjoyment!
I have always admired
Christi Rose
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EXCELLENT , "Clean" read for anyone who loves Dragons, Romance & Mystery!!

With believable ,well drawn Characters, this story grabbed my attention from the first page and held my interest in high style!! I was so engrossed, I couldn't put it down! I eagerly reached for each volume and was enthralled with all the twists, turns and a thoroughly resounding finale!! I'm looking forward to reading more of Ms Lucas' books!
Kristi
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really do love the world building with the dragon lore. It is so fascinating to learn about the abilities of the dragons and also see how mortals understood and developed the magic they were given by the dragons. I like reading this series just to learn more about the lore.

The Key Keeper ends with a great cliff hanger and I was looking forward to discovering what it means for the main characters. Yet for the first half of Dragon Mage, nothing more seems to hint at it. No clues as to what chang
Jessica Bronder
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Anwen has opened the gates to Tarragon but that is only the first step. Now she needs to learn how to awaken the dragons. Anwen, Tyler, Courtney, and a few others go off to find the keys to waking the dragons. But those that can show them only have legends and stories. But it will be a race against time to awaken the dragons. The Mage Circle has gathered outside the Gates and are trying to get control of the Dragon City to control the dragons themselves.

I love how you jump into the story right w
Sheila
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With all of the world building out of the way, book two takes off with a lot of action and never stops! This second book introduces many new characters, such as Anwen's mom and Tyler's friend Walter. They both are essential to helping Anwen and Tyler in helping the dragons. I also loved this book because we see so much more of the dragons and I loved the way the author describes them. I can't wait to read more about them in the next book coming out next year.

The plot is so well developed and aft
Diana
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Diana by: Triple A Book Blog
I enjoyed reading this book, maybe more so than reading book 1. Besides being introduced to the treacherous mages who want the destruction of enslavement of all dragons.. They are a fanatical group but this makes them have delusions of grandeur which makes them blind in some respects to what is really happening. Some unexpected twists but still... Will they be able to stop Anwen from waking the dragons, will Anwen somehow know the ritual to do that, and will the dragons or the mages reign suprem ...more
Carol Pennington
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The adventure continues in the second book of the Tarragon trilogy. The magic takes a huge growth spurt in this book. A few new characters are introduced and the plot remains engaging. As in the first book, there are some editing issues, but they are not overpowering. The violence is even stronger in book 2, but it is free of sex scenes and foul language. This one left me eager to read the third and final book.
Karlie Lucas
Dec 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author
When I started writing Dragon Mage, I had no idea what exactly was going to happen. But I did know two things, one, I had to somehow get that Mountain opened for good, and two, I had to find a way to wake the dragons inside. I'm not going to tell you how either is accomplished. You'll have to read that for yourself. Those were just the two biggest concerns.

I think writing Dragon Mage was probably the easiest of the planned trilogy, if I'm being honest. I got to introduce some fun new characters.
Teya Peck
Brooke
Hillary
bbunny
Apr 12, 2017
Karlie Lucas is a dreamer, reader, and helpless romantic with a soft spot for female lead characters.

The third of eight children, Karlie often felt "lost" in the mix and promised herself that things would not stay that way, for herself or her characters.

"Each of my characters tend to 'feel lost' in one way or another. The real struggle, for them, is overcoming that and realizing they are of worth.

Tarragon (3 books)
  • Key Keeper (Tarragon, #1)
  • Dragon Bane (Tarragon, #3)