Start by marking “Tycoon (Manhattan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tycoon (Manhattan, #1)

Tycoon (Manhattan #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  6,553 Ratings  ·  896 Reviews
He wasn’t always this rich. This hot. This difficult.
Aaric Christos was a guy who protected me. Wanted me. Maybe even loved me.
That man is gone.
In his place is the most powerful real estate tycoon in the city.
He’s a cold, ruthless, aggressive businessman.
The only one who can save me and my startup from ruin.
It takes every ounce of courage to put my pride aside and ask for
Published June 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Tycoon, please sign up.
Alyssa It's Chad Hurstt! I asked the author on Twitter (here response is here: https://twitter.com/authorkatyevans/s...). =)

Karen Mc
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing

People who are meant to be together find their way back. They may take a few detours, but they’re never lost.

There is no love story as special to me as a second-chance romance...my absolute favorite!!! Soul mates who have always loved each other are granted a do-over. There is no greater love like second-chance love, this special love that finds its way back to two often broken souls.

Second-chance romances speak to the soul like no other love stories, and oh did Tycoon by Katy Evans speak to mi
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! Tycoon (stand-alone). An impossible & inevitable romance with a past as Bryn seeks funding with tycoon Aaric Christos!

“He was a little bit too bad, and I was a little bit too good. He was a demon in the making and I was still Daddy’s little angel…”

Books in series are stand-alones:
Book 1: Tycoon
Book 2: Mogul

Tycoon (stand-alone) opens up to aspiring entrepreneur and heiress Bryn Kelly getting a presentation with business mogul and investor Aaric Christos to seek funding for her st
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
2 stars

This was just an okay read for me.

Okay as in meh.

God, I feel like such a witch again.

I LOVE Katy Evans and I was so excited about this book. But I have to be brutally honest, I'm sorry. I can’t help it.

I wasn't overly impressed with the storyline.

You see, that ‘same old, same old’ plot? Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn’t.

In this case it didn’t.

Her parents were killed in an accident. She lives with a female roommate with a heart of gold. She’s desperately looking for a
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳Sparks can be found in every other romance novel out there, but Katy Evans knows how to provide an explosion of fireworks with the chemistry that Aaric and Bryn have in this incredibly written love story that will have you hooked to every single page…

➳Knowing him from past encounters and past history, Bryn finds a way to conceal a professional working environment with Aaric Christos and make him invest in her dreams even after everything they went through in their past. That put aside, they
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
it's LIVE!!!!

➦Well, starting this book right before bed certainly wasn't the greatest of ideas. While I knew my body needed rest, my mind kept having a little temper tantrum demanding I finish this thing.

➦So, when my dog woke me up at 3 AM to be let out....... I decided that I might as well finish this book since I was already awake. By the way, I'm one of those people who has no problem falling back asleep if woken up. So yeah. The result next morning:

➦And after hearing "Let's go to the amuseme
Alex is The Romance Fox
2,5 stars

I decided to read Tycoon by Katy Evans, because (a) I really liked the only book I've read before by this author, Mr President, (see my review here.... https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... ) (b) I love Greek heroes!!!! and (c) yes, I liked the cover!!!

This was like an okay read for me. There were just too many things that didn't work for me.

The plot has been done so many times before.....friends to lovers, second chance at love, cold and unfeeling billionaire hero who melts when he
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”I wanted you before. That doesn’t hold a candle to the way I want you now.” He takes my shoulders, looking at me. ”I’ll try to be patient. I didn’t have time before, but I do now,” he continues. ”But you’re something I’ve wanted for a very long time, Bryn, and I’m only human.”

photo 19144090_1548353298532770_5284617208641513703_o_zpsyfwp5gg0.jpg

Katy Evans is one of those authors that evoke feelings of anxiety whenever I hear she has a new book coming out. I mean this as a very HUGEcompliment! The waiti
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4-4.5 STARS

“Aaric Christos. My what if.”

description

This is only the second book I have read by this author. I had read Real back in the day and I have to admit Katy Evan’s writing has greatly improved since that book. She completely nailed the flammable chemistry while her witty dialogue is spot on! She even had a ton of swoon worthy quotes said by the hero that had me all gaga over him.

“Can you see how gorgeous you are to me in the way I look at you, huh? I can’t get enough of his looks actually, but I
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionThe cover of this one is smokin' hot! Good representation of the hero. Great compostion and title work.description

descriptionI must be in an excellent mood because I enjoyed this one despite it being a bit of a hot mess (IMO.) We are also left with a HUGE unresolved issue. A heroine that is willing to be a(view spoiler) As well as it being rife with OW drama and it contains one of the biggest clichés in Romancelandia.

Honestly, I d
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

REVIEW ALSO ON MY BLOG
TYCOON - KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

TYCOON: is a standalone ‘Romance’ novel by Katy Evans. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ This could even come under the ‘Second Chance’ genre. Also spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' and flits from past to present swiftly.

Bryn is fast approaching her thirty-first birthday upon her deceased parents department stores going bankrupt she’s been trying without much success to get one hundred thousand dollars funding for her start up ventu
Alex ♈
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: weak-heroine
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“It’s never been a game with you.”

One of the things that I can always count on in Katy Evans stories are her strong and dominant alphas. It doesn’t matter what the situation is or the time frame, once you pick up any of her books, you know for sure you’re going to be getting one hell of a sexy alpha male that would do anything for you. This story was no exception and even though this wasn’t my favorite, you still can’t take away the fact that this author writes some pretty kickass heroes.

B
Ramona
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I promise I will keep this short:) I love Katy Evans and almost all of her books were a hit for me.. I laugh, I cry and I have this huge crush on her heroes, because they are sooo amazing and powerful that I can't help falling for them.

After a series of 5 stars books, I've encountered Ladie's Man and didn't connect with it at all.. Well damn.. But now, I believe Tycoon is being added to the list:( I was very excited to read it, because duuuuh, its Katy we are talking about, but it seems like no
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ 'My little bit' Stars!
ARC provided by the author via Social Butterfly PR in exchange for an honest review.
d

YES, YES, YES!!!!!! Let's just take a moment to fall at Katy Evans' feet because she wrote another outstanding love story! Fantastic plot, great characters and the perfect couple! I literally devoured this in one sitting because it's just THAT good. This woman blows my mind Every.Single.Time. You just cannot stop yourself from falling in love with the story and the characters.

Tycoon is Ka
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
Update with spoilers

Okay so sometimes I forget that people actually read my reviews but (view spoiler)

By that time I was just so annoyed. So I DNF'ed. Just an unpopular opinion guys.

-----------
Tina
Jun 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
I really don't understand the appeal of this book. I understand that people have different tastes, but this was just bad bad it gave me a headache. I don't know maybe I am too tired of this shit and stupid characters I just don't have patiance anymore.
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!

-"There's always been a you and I. Except only you and I know it. Only you and I know all the touches that never happened. All the kisses we never took. All the damned dances I didn't dance with you."

photo 9D53C0CF-175E-4C9A-813B-644CA58B85FA_zpslai1oerd.jpg

Bryn Kelly is a gorgeous single thirty year old woman who moved to New York about six weeks ago to follow her dream. She has a business plan, but can't get her project off the ground without help. She's looking for money for her startup & her friend scores her a meeting with the most po
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars ❤

I enjoyed Tycoon a lot.It has everything I like in a story.Smart dialogues,steamy romance ,intense characters and super hot scenes.

description

If you like angst then you are going to love this story because it has plenty of it!Christos is the main reason why I loved this story, he was perfect.I loved his flashbacks, watching how he saw her omg I melt for him.

There are parts that I find this story a little bit emotional,generally it was a great story, as always Katy did an amazing job!I'm looking fo
Sophia Triad
It feels odd to see him, remember the girl I used to be—he reminds me of my childhood. He reminds me of my dreams, my parents, myself before my heart broke into pieces, one for each person I’ve loved and lost.
Maybe, even, including him.

A friends to lovers story. Christos and Bryn were friends when they were children.
Christos was never good enough for Bryn.

Now in his thirties Christos is successful, rich, good investor and with a girlfriend that he will most probably marry.
On the other hand B
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Bryn is 30 years old. And ever since her parents died and their department stores went bankrupt, Bryn has tried to get funding for her startup.
Enter Aaric Christos.

description

Mega rich and famous NY business guy.
And the guy she kind of liked in school, but wasn't brave enough to go out with.
And now he's the one person left to help her get her company up and running.
Christos remembers this beautiful girl. He loved her as a young man, but she turned him down. And now she wants something.
And all that now that
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Ok, here we go.....

I need to mention the amazing cover!! Well done Katy Evans! It's gorgeous, sexy, intriguing and spellbinding.:D

But the novel..

Tycoon, hmmmm

I didn't LOVE Tycoon.

It was interesting, that's for sure, but not much more!!

I loved the idea of childhood friends meeting up later in life. They had this instant connection, their history of an unrequited first crush added to layers that gave this story depth. But what I really liked about Tycoon was Aaric Christos. I adored him!!! His col
Stacey is Sassy
DNF at 30%

That cover would lead anyone to high expectations...

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to stop with this one. Between the time jumping, snippets of the storyline leaving me riddled with questions and a heroine that is stupid, naive and immature, Tycoon is driving me crazy. I'm not sure if the heroine was hoping for a handout or a business arrangement, to be honest? She was unprofessional, unorganised and seemed to walk in with a very laid back approach to something that, to her, seemed l
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Work For Me Stars

I love Katy Evans books because you will always get an alpha male, a witty Heroine and some saucy dialogue. First off, I LOVE the name Aaric Christos, it’s kind of like Eric, but with a double A. Isn’t it yummy? Aaric is delicious and he’s the star of the book.

I love Aaric because he comes from a less than great past.

I love Aaric because he’s so strong, witty, and successful and has a presence.

I love Aaric because of the way he treats Bryn, always keeping her on her toes! S
Jonetta
Bryn Kelly moved from Austin to New York a few months ago to chase her dream of opening her fashion design store. When a friend sets up a meeting for her with business tycoon Aaric Christos, she's got more at stake than her business start up. See, she knew him from years ago when he was a lowly mechanic in Austin with a serious crush on her. It's been eight years and part of her doesn't want him to remember her given that she turned him away.

Even though Evan's heroines always seem a bit more im
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

When you're a Katy Evans fan, you will definitely understand me when I say, I have been anticipating Tycoon the moment it was posted on social media sites. I was soooo giddy I could not contain my excitement that the moment it hit my reader, I have nothing else in mind except, FINALLY with all heart eyes and grabby hands. I devoured it and I hardly put it down. Lordy! Tropes like this is my weakness. Childhood friends with a past history...friends to lovers... Gahd! It just screamed "second c
Beatrice Masaluñga
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult
Tycoon definitely isn't Katy Evans' strong suit. No questions on the romantic parts because it's well written, hot and steamy. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the characters especially the heroine.

Bryn Kelly is a 31 year old entrepreneur. Living in New York is challenging and she needs fund to start business. While working on her project, she works as a dog walker. Her agenda is to seek Aaric Christos and have a business proposal with him. He's a powerful businessman and it's gonna take a lot f
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Katy Evans once again brings her A Game in this sexy, new standalone romance that's loaded with angsty tension, steamy goodness, and delicious feels. I swear, I'm a huge fan of this author because she never fails at blowing me away. I've read and loved all of her books and Tycoon was no different. Aaric is another strong Evans Hero that's so easy to love, he stole my heart! And I have to say, I absolutely adore a good second chance romance. They're so sweet. I love that there's already a healthy ...more
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
DNF @41% But my guess is I would give this one 1 star only based on what I've read.

Nothing positive to say about this book except for the fact that the man on the cover made me do it.
Every once in a while I like a good old billionaire romance, clueless girl maybe, you know the real cliché of billionaires tropes! I would swoon over how despite his cold appearance and arrogant demeanor the hero has eyes only for *this girl*...
Well it seems like I had eyes only for that *damn* cover model and was a
Maria...
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
2,5 My bit Stars

First of all let's admire the hot man in the cover for a second! WoW....HAWT!!!

Second of all I like Katy Evans' book so I was all about the famous, asshole and hot Tycoon of Manhattan!

But this book wasn't what I expected... And I was hoping for so much more with that blurb and that HOT as HELL cover!

There were a lot of things that didn't work out for me in this book and I'm not going into details because too many spoilers in the process so "No, I can't do that to you guys!"

But
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Enter Aaric Christos.

description

Mega rich and famous NY business guy.
And now he's the one person left to help her get her company up and running.
And all that now that
YA Buddy Readers'...: Tycoon by Katy Evans - Starting February 10th 2018 14 16 Feb 22, 2018 12:06PM
Fifty Shades of R...: June BOTM ~ Tycoon by Katy Evans 14 72 Jul 24, 2017 07:27PM

Katy Evans is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Her debut REAL shot to the top of the bestselling lists in 2013 and since then 10 of her titles have been New York Times bestsellers. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages across the world.

***Katy doesn't respond to messages on this site, but you can email her at katyevansauthor@gmail.com
More about Katy Evans

Manhattan (3 books)
  • Mogul (Manhattan, #2)
  • Muse (Manhattan, #3)
“If you want a full man, you need to be the full version of yourself. Never expect anyone to complete you. Don’t be two halves to make a whole, be two wholes and make something more.” 9 likes
“Never expect anyone to complete you. Don't be two halves to make a whole, be two wholes and make something more.” 5 likes