Start by marking “Creativity: The Human Brain in the Age of Innovation” as Want to Read:
Creativity: The Human Brain in the Age of Innovation

Creativity: The Human Brain in the Age of Innovation

What is the nature of human creativity? What are the brain processes behind its mystique? What are the evolutionary roots of creativity? How does culture help shape individual creativity? Creativity: The Human Brain in the Age of Innovation by Elkhonon Goldberg is arguably the first ever book to address these and other questions in a way that is both rigorous and engaging, ...more
Published February 1st 2018 by Oxford University Press, USA

To ask other readers questions about Creativity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creativity

Katrina Sark
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
4 – The Mermaid and the Lego Master

p.43 – Solutions of novel problems and the creation of novel content do not occur in a vacuum. New knowledge is built upon the old knowledge, yet it is new.
Even during the most conservative times in history, society changes, albeit often slowly. Scientific ideas evolve, and so do artistic forms. True, they are rooted in the past, but they are also novel.
Virtually without exception, consequentially creative individuals had acquired the mastery of their respect
Hannah
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is interesting, thought-provoking and informative. Goldberg includes new scientific discoveries in brain research and his own experiences as a professional in the field (neuroscientist). He situates the discussion of each topic within history, culture, and evolution. Highly recommended and suitable to first year university students studying neuroscience, psychology, medicine or related fields.
Thank you to NetGalley, Elkhonon Goldberg and Oxford University Press for providing me with a
Laila
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I found Creativity to overall be a very engaging read. As I'm not an expert in the field, I set out reading this book to learn more about the intersection between creativity and neuroscience. I believe that Creativity definitely fulfilled this goal. As I'm interested in studying psychology and neuroscience in the future, I believe that I'll reread this book later in my academic career and absorb a lot more of the information that Dr. Goldberg shared. I recommend this book to anyone, expert or th ...more
Tyler
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Laura Valdson
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vapustavalt põnev lugemine ajust ning loovusest! Arvan, et pole kunagi varem nii süvitsi lugenud prefrontaalsest korteksist ja teistest piirkondadest ajus, olles samal ajal nii lummatud sellest, kuidas autor mõtlemisprotsesse kirjeldab. Kuna Elkhonon Goldberg on kirjutanud raamatu nii kaasteadlastele kui ka tavalugejale, siis erialast terminoloogiat on palju. Teisalt intrigeeriv ja põnev teemakäsitlus teeb terminiterohke teksti kuhjaga tasa. Viimati olin nii põnevil aju teemalise raamatu lugemis ...more
Debra Smouse
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
When it comes to reading books about the ways in which we can enhance our life with creativity, I'm always thrilled when there's some scientific research behind it to adds to my fascination and enjoyment.

Creativity: The Human Brain in the Age of Innovation was a good solid read, especially the way I read it: a chapter a so a week, which allowed me to think about each piece of research. A solid read for writers, artists, coaches, and therapists on how creativity in many ways enhances our lives.
Harsha
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful book that encapsulates the current state of scientific literature with regards to what we know and don't know about creativity, salience, etc.
Emily
Kätlin Aun-Janisk
Aug 07, 2018
Leann
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A creative book on creativity! I truly loved this book and look forward to rereading it for a deeper dive.

I feel like I have read way too many books that have come out recently on creativity and they weren't all that creative: this is NOT that book! Goldberg is a neuropsychologist but writes with a very gentle and understandable voice. He reminds me of a mix of Irvin Yalom and Oliver Sacks: a blend of science and stories with wise insights so that even the everyday reader can understand.

This i
Mar 26, 2018
Fernanda
Apr 03, 2018
Brain Science Pod...: BS 143 Elkhonon Goldberg 1 6 Mar 28, 2018 02:28PM
Born 1946, Elkhonon Goldberg is a neuropsychologist and cognitive neuroscientist known for his work in hemispheric specialization and the "novelty-routinization" theory.

Goldberg studied at Moscow State University with the great neuropsychologist Alexander Luria and moved to the United States in 1974. He is currently a Clinical Professor of Neurology at New York University School of Medicine, Diplo