Start by marking “The Psychokinetic (The Day 12 Witches Burned, #1” as Want to Read:
The Psychokinetic (The Day 12 Witches Burned, #1

The Psychokinetic (The Day 12 Witches Burned, #1

Edinburgh, Scotland: On a rainy night in 1479, twelve expectant mothers gave their lives so their unborn daughters could live. Falsely accused of murder, the twelve coven-sisters cast a spell to send their girls to a time when they would not be prosecuted for their blood heritage as Earth Witches. Unknown to the mothers, an ancient evil followed the daughters to rid them o ...more
Published March 31st 2017 by DeLeesie Books

To ask other readers questions about The Psychokinetic (The Day 12 Witches Burned, #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Psychokinetic (The Day 12 Witches Burned, #1

Start your review of The Psychokinetic (The Day 12 Witches Burned, #1
Dustin Quik
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
The book started out slow but it picked up in the middle. I liked the concept about witches. There's some twists and turns, subplots, and a mystery. The villain is hidden and hopefully will have a bigger role in the next books.

I'd recommend the book to my preteen daughter.
Lizzi
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This genre is not normally what I read, but I did enjoy it!! It was a very nice change in my reading repertoire. This story had drama and suspense. It did take me awhile to get the story straight in my head, but I am glad I persevered. This book had a great and different story line. I can't wait to read the next book and see how the story unravels.
Heather
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book follows 4 high school girls who have special powers which they are hiding from everyone, except their families and each other. The control they have over their powers though is limited, in Monica’s case it rules her life and Erika is worried she can’t control her power and will damage something or injury someone. This first book is laying the groundwork and introducing the characters for future books in the series.
B.M. Griffin
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book for review by the author. It started out slow for me, too many unnecessary details in the beginning. However, once it picked up I found that I rather enjoyed it. I love most things magical/fantasy and this booked filled that need for me. The intertwining of Erika and Monica’s story was nice, and who doesn’t like twins. There were places where the story lost me for a couple pages, but overall a good read. I’ll likely read more from this author in the future.
Casia Courtier
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received a copy of this book and the sequel from the author for an honest review. That said, I actually purchased the audio for convenience of the time. This review is still completely honest and in my opinion. There was no compensation in this.

The Psychokinetic is a quick young adult romance with a supernatural subplot. It starts with a group of teen girls, each with their own special ability. The main character in this book is Erika, a Psychokinetic. Whenever she is stressed, the
A. Powers
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed this story quite a lot; there were tons of characters, which was off-putting at first, but they have such amazing personalities and such that it was easy to keep up with them once I got into the story. The thing I liked the least, oddly enough, was the title of the series: it tells you more than you even find out in the book. I guess that's supposed to entice me to continue reading the series to find out what happened with the twelve witches and the day they burned? But honest ...more
Aslan
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How to review such a sweet book?

The Psychokinetic
When I think of high school sweethearts, I now think of Erika and Bryan. They were innocent and adorable. Erika was born with this fearsome power and a part of her is afraid to use it. Bonding with Bryan gives her a sense of control she's never had before. In a way this makes her dependent on him, but it also makes her grateful. Bryan is an awkward genius that reminded me of Sheldon Cooper from BBT. He has no idea how to be in a
Sara
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful beginning to a series!
Tammi
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am in awe! Keep this series coming!
Atwood
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was very skeptical was this book at first but I am so glad I read it! GMD is such an amazing writer. She really transports you into her world and keeps you there. Keep this series coming please!
Harley
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book after reading "His Righthand Man" by GMD. I am not usually a YA romance reader, but I enjoyed it. The characters were sweet, the plot was interesting, and I am interested to find out what happens next.
Grace M. DeLeesie
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lise
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a new series! Onto the next book. Keep them coming, GMD.

I received a free copy from the author for an honest review.
Nicole Nichols
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Genesis of a new series

This is the first book in a series about young ladies with unexplained powers in a small town. They band together to form a rag tag group of friends and familiars. This is a well written book with interesting characters. The story unfolds at a good pace and keeps the reader's interest. There is room for much more of this story to unfold in subsequent books.
I recieved a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Piper W.
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had read other books by this author so when I saw this one had come out, I decided to give it a try even though it is YA...and I loved it! Erika and Monica were two great characters who are challenged in two different ways. I thought having them paired up with twins was amusing and twins who couldn't be more opposite even better.
I'm about to post my review for Book 3 The Agrokinetic. By the way, I am also a fan of the titles being the girls' powers. The fact that there are twelve of them hope
Tina Williams
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely first book in GMD's series. I wasn't sure what the titles meant until I got into the story, but very creative to use their powers as the title. I will say they are hard to pronounce, though. I read another reviewer's post on that and agree.
Still, well written and strongly formatted. I would recommend this book.
Nadine
Jan 29, 2018
Costa
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy from the author for an honest review.

I loved the combined stories of Erika and Monica. The fact that they were paired with twins was just icing on the cake.

Erika and Bryan are just sweethearts. Erika has this awesome power but she is so terrified of losing control of it. In a way, Bryan's brain could be perceived as the same way. He could be taken as too smart for his own good. They gave off that "adorable" feel to them.

I felt bad for Monica from the moment she was intr
Meghan
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great read! I loved the characters, the story, the plot... I already read the next book and loved that too. This was all around a great read!
Derik
Karen's World
Mar 12, 2018
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Mar 22, 2018

• Cast No Shadows (Curiosity Quills Anthology)