Start by marking “Love in Transit” as Want to Read:
Love in Transit

Love in Transit

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  1,533 Ratings  ·  517 Reviews
Find out what happens when you give six authors the SAME blurb and they write their OWN story.

The blurb:

You know those people that have a house full of motivational slogans? Embrace Every Moment, stamped on their coffee mugs. Always Kiss Me Goodnight painted above their perfectly made beds.

I’m not one of those people.

This morning I overslept, then slipped on a stray sock a
430 pages
Published June 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Love in Transit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in Transit

~Kristin~
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars *Overall*

I absolutely love the concept for this book, all the authors were given the same prompt and where they took the story was all their own. I have to say, the first two were 5 star stories for me, and while they may not have all been 5 Stars, I did enjoy each and every one of them.

~Before release~
Sounds like a cluster of a day, and that was before the wedding dress!!
Love the idea of each author having the same prompt...

Color me interested!!
Shayna
I'd like to start off by saying that this is a pretty GENIUS idea! It not only provides a challenge for authors, but it gives readers a taste of authors that they might have never heard of before. It's a complete WIN-WIN! Giving six different authors the same blurb and have them run with it, giving us an original novella from each author...it's simply brilliant! Previously, I've only read three of these authors, so in reading LOVE IN TRANSIT, I've discovered three brand new writers to keep an ey ...more
Dawn
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i was a really diffrent concept 6 authors take on the same Blurb ....
i purchased this as i really like Jana Aston witt & writting,
for me its just ok- ish the stories seemed rushed which was a shame,

Tanja Kezmic
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received ARC for an honest review******

First of all I need to start by saying what an amazing idea...6 authors same blurb....Each story was fresh, funny and HOT...From a simple smile at Starbucks,Sushi diner with an old friend, mad reality shows that turns on you,old flames coming back to make your head spin, others deciding who to merry at a young age up to being saved by someone you never thought would notice you!

I was laughing out loud through out this book and it's hard to say which one i
Julie Kirby
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great idea, and I loved how different each story was, one of my first thoughts was that I hope there weren't any duplicated story lines, and NOPE! they all did a fantastic job, you can read them all after each other as a giant book, and get something very different with each one, or you can read one story when you have a couple hours to fill. This would make it last longer!

Loving the blurb... girl in wedding dress on platform, having slipped on a sock, and finds out the coffee shop had h
Brandi
Cute. Fun. Flirty. Unexpected. Sexy. Exciting.

These are just a few of the words I would use to describe Love in Transit.

4 "What are you waiting for?" Stars

And really, what are you waiting for could be used in every single story in this anthology. It's all about missed opportunities, new opportunities, second-chances, and new love. Basically, it's the sweetest set of stories available.

And to think it all started with one blurb. One blurb where the heroine was in a wedding dress after waking
Terrifically Varied Stories from Six Talented Authors!

Six authors got the same blurb centered around a girl riding the subway in a wedding dress. How many ways can that story be told? The answer is: at least six! Each story is unique and well-written. Most have some laughs, a couple have a little suspense, and all have a healthy dollop of steam. Highly recommended!
Pam
Apr 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, kindle
Five of the six authors are new to me. The only one I've previously read is BJ Harvey.

All the stories have the same elements, but each author has put her own twist on it. Five of the six stories are entertaining and funny. One is more of a heavier read. Though they are short, they are complete and for the most part, don't feel rushed. It's interesting to see how each author takes the same blurb, but can write an entirely different story.

Times Square - Jana Aston
4 stars
This was a cute and enter
Jaime Gambrill
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is for Wall Street Station by Liv Morris, more to come

Seth is an attorney for the rich and Sera is the 18 year old virgin daughter of one of his clients. Wall Street Station takes us through the "riches to rags" journey of young Sera when something happens to her families wealth. without spoilers I will say Seth is one of the sweetest H's I have ever read but without the bad boy persona I have come to love in romance novels, he is still an amazing character. I adored Seth! Sera will
Jacquie C M
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
6 authors with 6 stories, all revolving around the same basic elements. I'm absolutely amazed by the ingenuity shown here, given that all could include a wedding dress and a subway ride! This group took creativity to a whole new level!

While I loved them all, Wall Street Station by Liv Morris, really grabbed me. Sera and Seth met on a beach when she was younger, but the story takes place years later. There was immediate attraction that night, but their circumstances made anything more than a busi
MaryAnne Kennard
I very much wanted to read this book, basically because my favorite author, Raine Miller is a contributing author. The authors were given a subject and a few details and were asked to write a novella. Began reading this book by starting with Capital South by Raine Miller. Without a doubt, Ms. Miller can write a story based on anything and it will turn out to be a fantastic story. We were treated to another one of her amazing men and a heroine everyone can love. The other authors, Jana Aston, Ain ...more
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
Love Love Love this anthology!!
It's six really great stories from six really great authors!!!
Each story had it's own spin on the original blurb that all the authors were given. They were each unique to the author, and I loved that!
What a fantastic idea for an anthology...they pulled it off very well.
I enjoyed each and every story and in fact I actually wish they were longer stories because I feel in love with all the characters.
Renee
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This an amazing anthology. Each author was given a set of criteria to include in the story. How they crafted their stories was up to them. Each author did a stellar job of making each story unique and enjoyable.

Full of hot sexy times and sweet HEA! Absolutely loved this!!
Erin
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rom-com
* I was given a free advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I was excited about this collection because I wanted to read more of Jana Aston. And the great thing about a collection is that I find some new authors to investigate. I am particularly curious to read longer works by Ainsley Booth, Kitty French and Raine Miller.

Not spoilery brief reviews of each story.
Times Square—Jana Aston
All the best bits of a meet-cute romantic comedy. Lauren and Max have great comedic chemist
Krista Ricchi
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a phenomenal group of ladies that have come together to write a series of stories that have one thing in common. The cover shows what they all have in common and it's striking. I was immediately drawn into reading this book. The stories are unique and the writing styles stand out in a way that doesn't over power the others but compliments one another. Each story has such charismatic characters that have depth and an underlying humor. I have to say I really enjoyed the lighter side t ...more
Stacy Hahn
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was completely engrossed in this book starting with Jana Aston and her wall street hottie and ending with Liv Morris and her sexy, sweet lawyer as well as loving all the stories in between. What a fun idea to take the same story elements but tell 6 completely different stories. I sure hope these ladies do it again because they rocked it! 5 stars x 6!!!
K.R. Reese
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was curious as to how this would turn out. These authors are amazing, each in their own way, and they definitely surpassed my expectations for this anthology! I loved everyone of their stories, the sexy; the happy; the passion. I truly enjoyed them! :)
Becky
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Update 5/29, added review of Jana Aston, BJ Harvey, Kitty French and Raine Miller's stories, 5/30 Liv Morris' added

Now that I've read the book in totality, the idea was amazing and the stories so wonderfully different. I'm left wanting to read more by each author.

--- This review is for Ainsley Booth's story in the volume ---

If you're fans of Jana and Jake (Personal Delivery), and let's be honest we all should be, then you will love this. It's a
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
5 stars photo: Rate 5 Stars Rate5.gif

This book got 5 stars simply due to the brilliance of Jana Aston's and Kitty French's stories....They were hilarious and I laughed loud so often I started to get looks from the people around me....

Just Brilliant!!! The other stories were good too....:)
Shirlene
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an interesting idea! Same blurb, six different stories from six different authors. Liv Morris and Raine Miller are two of my faves, so I was excited to receive an ARC of this book. I stayed up late reading Wall Street station (Liv Morris) and then Capitol South (Raine Miller). Each different but quite enjoyable! The other four authors are new to me, but I’m looking forward to reading their stories to see how they spin their tale!
Tricia Sakamoto
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome concept! 6 authors took one blurb (that there is a woman riding the subway in a wedding dress) & wrote what their idea of the story is. Each story is about 80 to 100 pages each (novellas).

All 6 books are so completely different, yet wonderful! Although these books work perfectly great read alone, the books compliment and work amazingly well together (believe me, you're gonna start searching for that wedding dress!).

The thing that I loved the most about this anthology is that
Mags Mac
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an arc in exchange for an honest review.

I loved the concept for this collection of stories and was interested in how each author would tell the story. My favourite had to be the story of Sera & Seth as I have a soft spot for second chance love stories.
Christine
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow loved this set. What a great way to meet new authors. Loved all the different stories. They were all very intense in there own way. The couples all had an amazing connection. They all had there own twists to figure out. Could not wait to read the next story. Finished this in about a day.
Sharon Jones
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The concept of this anthology had me intrigued right from the start. It also doesn't hurt that I am an absolute fan of every author that has contributed to these amazing stories.
My favourite book was Wall Street Station by Liv Morris. Seraphina (Sera) is born into a world of wealth and has led a sheltered life. Seth is a business associate of Sera's father and has in instant connection to her.
Three years later, Sera's world has dramatically changed. Seth knows he should stay away, but finds that
DG Book Blog - Daisy Gal
I was originally drawn to Love in Transit, because I thought this was such great concept for a book. I haven’t read any like this before with the same blurb and multiple authors’ takes on it. Although I have heard of the other authors, I have only read Raine Miller’s writing (which I love) and figured since you can’t go wrong with her, I should give it a go!

I really enjoyed it! They were all very different stories. Some them were really funny romances, some were more serious, some were super sw
Rain
I was very intrigued by this idea of one blurb and six stories I think it's a fantastic idea. I was very impressed at how different all these stories are and how the authors managed to come up with such unique circumstances for a person to wear a wedding dress on a train. I've reviewed and rated each story below. My bookshelves don't apply to all of them.

Times Square by Jana Aston ★★★★

I really enjoyed this story. There wasn't a huge amount of drama or tension, instead of dramatic arguments, t
Al Del
enjoyed all the novellas but Ainsley's and Kitty's were the standouts!!!
CM
Jun 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the short stories!
KathyB
I liked the premise of this book, but after reading four stories with the same set up I wasn't inclined to read the last two. Here's my take on the four that I read -

Times Square by Jana Aston - Great characters with endearing, funny situations. This was my favorite couple in the anthology, very entertaining. 4+ Stars

St. George Station by Ainsley Booth - Sweet story featuring a friends to lovers plot and a MOC twist. I love this trope and overall the story was well written. I've never read an
Umaiya ⚡A Far Off Memory⚡

Sigh.
By the end of it I was just so glad for it to finally end which sucks cause in the beginning I couldn't get enough.
Here's how I'd rate them indivially to give you a better idea.

1) Times Square - 4 stars (Loved it, can't wait to check out more from Jana Aston)
2) St. George Station - 3.5 stars (I already have my next Ainsley Booth up and ready! :D)
3) The Hammersmith & City Line - 2.5 stars (WTF, man! Like, W.T.F.)
4) The Loop - 2.75 stars (This had a lot of potential and would have been r
Jana Aston likes cats, big coffee cups and books about billionaires who deflower virgins. She wrote her debut novel while fielding customer service calls about electrical bills, and she's ever grateful for the fictional gynecologist in Wrong that readers embraced so much she was able to make working in her pajamas a reality. Jana is the author of 4 books, and all of them have appeared on either th ...more

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I have. I’m going to tell him I fell in love with you in the most unexpected, ordinary way. That one phone conversation turned into another and another, each one longer than the last, because talking to you became the most important part of my day.” 0 likes
“I’m going to tell your brother the truth. That I woke up one day and realized I loved you, and knowing you’d want an elopement on your terms, I came to Toronto and surprised you.” “You’re going to tell him the truth,” she whispers. “So we don’t need to lie.” “And because it’s a pretty decent love story, too.” 0 likes