Start by marking “Merger (Takeover Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Merger (Takeover Duet, #2)

Merger (Takeover Duet #2)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  839 Ratings  ·  253 Reviews
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer—he prefers her in his bed.

Antonio Forte has always put business before pleasure, but ever since he met the gorgeous CEO of Interstellar Corp, he finds himself wanting both. And he’s hoping she won’t be able to refuse his latest offer.

Lauren Bradley knows how to survive as a woman in a man’s world—trust no one. Especially han
Paperback
Published November 28th 2017 by Everafter Romance

To ask other readers questions about Merger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merger

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |

Book 2 in duet.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO |

Books in Takeover duet should be read in order:
Book 1: Acquisition
Book 2: Merger
Snow
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action, drama, romance
I m feeling generous with rating, so I m giving it 2.5 stars instead of lower, cause even though I m pretty disappointed with this sequel, it had its moments of entertainment, it also struck me blind with the enormous amount of meaningless and trivial events in the book just to fill in the pages...

In whole honesty, as much as I liked the first book (even though it ended with a cliffy), I would have been perfectly satisfied if the book 1 stayed as a standalone with a few added pages to alter the
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

The last place you should be is in that hostile work environment… Babe, it’s like the Hunger Games without the shiny weapons.

“It’s still so weird that there’s two of you.” Tara’s eyes move to Antonio and back to Stefano. “I don’t think I’d like someone walking around wearing my face.”

I love when this man speaks to me as if we’re in a romance series on the Science Channel.

My mother gave me the best advice just after I married your father.” She glances out the window,
Coco.V
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This second part was not exactly what I was expecting...review to come.
Rough Draft Book Blog
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Merger by Chelle Bliss
Antonio & Lauren
TOTALLY AMAZING!!!
5 Stars

So, this is NOT a standalone... you NEED to read book 1, Acquisition, first or you'll be lost. Book one ends with one hell of a cliffy and book 2 will pick right back up where Chelle left you hanging on the edge of your seat. This one is so full of emotion and angst! You're gonna need some tissues and maybe a few beers!!

Lauren is still our tough young CEO, but things and people happen to her in this installment which will challen
Heather andrews
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Antonio is seriously a really sexy man, "he doesn’t take his eyes off the cutting board as he pushes aside one diced up tomato and reaches for another. “Pasta sauce. Now answer the question.” Thhere are times Antonio just doesn't want to let his woman go, "I try to wriggle free, but it’s no use. Antonio’s too heavy. “Don’t go,” he groans and pulls me tighter against his body." I enjoyed this book more than the first one, don't get me wrong I loved the first one bu t this one held my interest mor ...more
Jessica Alcazar
Huge improvement for me with the second half of this duet. I'm super stoked that the relationship growth was the center point of Merger. Lauren and Antonio get to really focus on their attraction and everything progresses at a nice pace with that. I really loved reading the romance between two powerhouses. Both Lauren and Antonio are alpha and sparks definitely grew from that.

I'm about to be a little vague about something because this is the kind of story where plot really needs to not be in any
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc

I want Antonio Forte. The complicated Italian man with an ego that preceded him and gave me pause.

I so wish this story could have been in one book. After loving and not being able to put down Aquisition, I found it difficult to re-ignite my interest in the story initially with Merger. That said, after a slowish start, I did manage to quickly fall in love with Antonio and Lauren again.

The whole merger part of this story seemed to be over and done with relatively quickly in this book and it
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, audiobook

Acquisition and Merger (The Takeover Duet 1 & 2) by Chelle Bliss
Narrated by Brian Pellino & Natasha Soudek
Adult Contemporary. Must Be Read Together.
The Takeover Duet by Chelle Bliss was very different from the typical billionaire CEO type book, and I enjoyed how unique it was. I first read the little prequel, Takeover (FREE), and loved it and got the rest on audio. I think I would have enjoyed the duet more if I continued to read it rather than listen.

Lauren Bradley is CEO of the
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review

After being left with my mouth hanging open and my heart tied up in knots reading the last page of Acquisition, to say I was anxiously awaiting the rest of Lauren and Antonio's story in Merger is an understatement. As if the heat between the two isn't enough to incinerate the reader, Chelle Bliss pens her usual magic and has us falling even deeper in love with the Forte family, in the heart of Italy no less. If you are looking for a culmination of
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: missy
I was so thrilled when Merger hit my Kindle because, seriously, that ending of Acquisition . . . jeez, I had to know what was going to happen with Lauren!

So, fortunately, a pretty crazy resolution to the ending of Acquisition occurred in the first quarter of Merger so I could focus my attention on Antonio and Lauren’s developing love story. And what a story it was!

Both Lauren and Antonio had high, thick walls surrounding their hearts—both so protective of their legacies, but both unable to deny
Erin Lewis
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Merger (Takeover Duet #2) by Chelle Bliss

Firstly if you haven't read the first book in this duet, Acquisition then stop right now and go and one click; it must be read before you read Merger.

After the cliff hanger in Acquisition I was anxious to see of Chelle Bliss could keep the momentum going with Merger and be assured she certainly did.

What a fitting conclusion to a great duet. I really loved the characters of Intersteller Corp. CEO Lauren Bradley and uber Alpha Antonio Forte ,
Racy
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is not a standalone. So if you have not read the first book in the series you need to do so. WOW!!! let me say this book was better then the first. When I had finished the first book I was screamer at the author not to end it there. She truly left us on the edge of our seats. Trust me when I say this is a story you want to finish.

My heart truly broke for Lauren Bradley. I can not imagine the fear she must of felt. She was a strong woman as we all could tell in book one but her strengt
Lisa
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
The conclusion to Lauren and Antonio's story, Merger picks up immediately where Acquisition left off. Once the "situation" (trying to stay spoiler free here, friends) is addressed, Lauren and Antonio are left to figure out what happens next. In business, in life, and in their relationship. I do wish there had been a little more follow-up as to the fall-out within the company following the "situation". I feel like the "outcome" was somewhat glossed over, but just a personal opinion.

The feelings t
Amy
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“You’re mine, Lauren, and I’m yours. I’ll do what’s necessary to make you happy, no matter the cost.”

Merger is highly anticipated follow up to Acquisition. This book picks up right where the last one left off and totally hits the ground running. Merger is heart-pounding, thrilling and will keep you on the edge of your seat. Antonio and Lauren have certainly upped their game and will keep you begging for more.

I fell in love with Antonio in the first book, and let me tell you, this man does not di
Dena
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicole Collins
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Damn Chelle! You blew me away! I love Antonio and Lauren ' story. You can feel the love of the characters and of the family. You captured so much emotion. Now I'm hoping that you make a series on Stefano so that these characters live on.
Renee
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

Merger is the second book in the Takeover Duet from Chelle Bliss. You need to read Acquisition first before you read Merger. Acquisition is an amazing book that you do not want to miss.

Antonio Forte is a man who has always put business before pleasure, but ever since he met the gorgeous CEO of Interstellar Corp., he finds himself wanting both. And he is hoping she won't be able to refuse his latest offer.

Lauren Bradley know
Beth
This is the second book in the Take Over Duet and wowzah what a ride! The book picks right up where the cliffhanger from Acquisition left off. There is excitement and intrigue right from the start.

I fell in love with Antonio right along with Lauren. The man is the ultimate book boyfriend! I sighed and swooned and wanted to keep Antonio for myself. The road Lauren and Antonio traveled together is bumpy and there are actions that are tested and questioned. Secondary characters are introduced that
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Merger is the second book of the Take Over, duet series by Chelle Bliss. I was so looking forward to reading this after book one, Acquisition, blew me away. However, this book fell flat for me, especially after the cliffhanger at the end of book one. It started off great but I wasn’t gravitating towards it at all, sadly nothing like the pull I had with book one.

The kidnapping scene fizzled very fast for me because even though the angst and suspense were there, the storyline just seemed rushed. T
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Merger by Chelle Bliss is Book Two in the "Takeover Duet" series. This continues the story of Lauren Bradley and Antonio Forte. For this book you do have to have read the previous book ' Acquisition' first to completely understand their story....this one picks up where they left off at.
With the Merger of their business side going through now we deal more it seem with the personal side. We start meeting more family members now that are building toward a more personal relationship but still deali
Crystal Wilke
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Merger is book two in the Takeover Duet. It picks up right where book one Acquisition ended. So you definitely want to read this series in order.

I am lost for words. Merger will blow your mind. Get ready for an emotional rollercoaster ride. That ending!!!!! WOW! I absolutely loved the Forte family and hope they get their own story's told. The details are fantastic and the story line flowed. Let's not forget about the off the charts HOT chemistry between Lauren & Antonio. I had to stop readi
Jayme
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The duet continues with Antonio and Lauren. You must read Acquisition before this book is read.

Antonio and Lauren continue to have issues as Antonio continues with his plans without talking to Lauren. Communication and understanding is a huge thing that these two need to work on. Jumping to conclusions is also a problem for Lauren.

I loved meeting Antonio's family and seeing them interact with Lauren.

I wish the book was a bit longer or hopefully Chelle has plans to tell a bit more of their story
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Star Rating: 5 stars

Yes! It was everything I hoped.

There were tears for sure but also there was much more to this book than I thought would come out of it.

We get more into who Lauren is and what it takes to bring her to her lowest point so to speak. She is still the tough CEO but with more layers now in a way.

Now Antonio...phew! I am keeping mum on him for sure, read this series and find out what he is all about.

Things happen, people happen and it forms this book in a way that to some, you would
Monique Tinline
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book.. as soon as it appeared on my kindle reality was forgotten and I had to read it..

The perfect second book in this series, picked up right where book 1 left us and gave us more drama and the perfect amount of heat from Lauren and Antonio.

the introduction of his family was well done and I need the other members to get there own stories and these will no doubt be very enlightening.

Chelle this series is so well written I need more.
Tanya
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
holy crap...what a way to start a book after a cliffhanger from book one. I really enjoyed the conclusion of this series but hope to have it continue on with the Forte family.

Although not as captivating as book one with the suspense/drama, book 2 lets us into the lives of the characters more. We see them develop the relationship while dealing with consequences of their 2 companies merging and finding out who they really can trust within the companies.
Jackie Wright
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first want to say Merger is not a standalone you do need to read Acquisition and if you haven’t got round to reading it yet you need too, this is a must read duet!!!!
Merger picks up right where Acquisition finished and once again I found myself drawn to the characters, I was hooked from the first page, book one left us on the edge of our seats but book two more than makes up for that cliffhanger. Antonio Forte is a man who has always put business before relationships and pleasure but that was
Crystal
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Merger is the gripping conclusion to Acquistion in the Takeover Duet. Must read in order to understand whats going on. This corporate story is fast paced, and thrilling, and it kept me captivated from start to finish. I couldn't put it down. The characters Lauren and Antione were so passionate and right for each other. I also liked the secondary characters and I'm hoping Chelle is planning on writing their stories as well. I really enjoyed this and will reread it again.
Christine
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing story. Love Antonio he is one sexy hot as hell man. He gets what he wants. Lauren is one strong smart woman. They make for one dynamic power couple. Could not put this book down. What an amazing all consuming love story.
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Merger starts after Acquisition left us with a HUGE cliffhanger. The Takeover Duet needs to be read in order starting with Acquisition. And, now you have no excuse but to buy them both together since Merger is going to be out in 1 more day.

We do find out what happened to Lauren. Which was a must after Acquisition left us hanging. And, we do get our HEA. Which in my book is also another must. There was so much that happened in Acquisition I felt that this book was not as much of a page turner as
Chelle Bliss, USA Today Bestselling author, currently lives in a small town near the Gulf of Mexico. She's a full-time writer, time-waster extraordinaire, social media addict, and coffee fiend. She's written over thirteen books and has three series available. She loves spending her free time with her boyfriend, 2 cats, and her hamster.
➡Chelle's Available Books: http://chellebliss.com/books
➡Coming

Takeover Duet (2 books)
  • Acquisition (Takeover Duet, #1)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • The End of the Affair
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • A Messy, Beautiful Life
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Pestilence (The Four Horsemen, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Fangs and Fennel (The Venom Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)