Start by marking “Shock Jock” as Want to Read:

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  170 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews

I’m Vaughn Lair.
You might have heard of my rock star cousin, Jack.
I’m on the radio for entirely different reasons.
My voice may not cause women to swoon through music and lyrics…it’s the content of my syndicated radio show that has them desperate to talk to me.
I’m a sex therapist who doles out great advice.
My doctorate gives me license to hold nothing back.
My li
Paperback
Published November 7th 2017 by A.M. Madden

To ask other readers questions about Shock Jock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shock Jock

Wendy'sThoughts
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: A.M.Madden Fans, Romance
3.5 For Once He's Shocked Stars
* * *1/2 Spoiler Free
This has a smart and interesting concept. Take a Radio Talk Guy with the flavor of Howard Stern and a very best female friend who has been there from the beginning of his career.
They both were friends from college. The trust level and real bond never wavered. Now this Radio Star has the opportunity to really make to the top in NYC. He leaves Los Angeles and the main rock in his life, Haven, his best pal and personal assistant goes with him.

I
Amy
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
When I first came across Shock Jock, I fell in love with the synopsis. I was really intrigued by it and loved the fact that this story was told from the male point of view. There is nothing I love more than getting to see a romance through the eyes of a man and I think this author did a wonderful job staying in the male point of view.

When I started reading this book, I was absolutely hooked. I loved Vaughn and his radio show. I loved his attitude and the advice that he would give to his callers.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Only a shrink could help a shrink."

The author's Back-Up series is one of my all-time favorites in the rockstar romance genre. Learning that there was a new Lair in town was very exciting to me and I couldn't wait to read Shock Jock. Now that I've had the pleasure, let's just say I'm still a #LairLover and I have book boyfriend(s).

Vaughn is the sexy voice over the radio that just so happens to have the body to match. You never know when you're listening to the radio, right? But when Vaughn is
Three Chicks
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

“There’s a reason actions speak louder than words, because sometimes words get us into trouble. They’re misunderstood, assumed, or they simply aren’t enough to properly communicate with.”

Sex Therapist Vaughn Lair’s star is on the rise; already known for his famous radio talk show he’s about to go even bigger. He packs his bags and moves from Sunny California to Ice Cold NYC. Not only does his star get bigger but his life keeps considerably more complicated.

Vaughn’s new
Beneath The Covers Blog
So I'm going to be brutally honest here, as I think all reviews should be that way...

I couldn't connect with this story.

As much as I LOVE A.M. Madden's books, and I was highly anticipating this sexy new Lair's story, I just had a hard time fully enjoying this book. There were a couple things that just didn't sit well with me, but the major factor was that I was completely losing interest in the first 40-45% of the book. I found it to be slow moving and had no real focal point to where the story
Emma
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-wishlist
Shock Jock is my first foray into the world of the Lair's and I can honestly say it has now made me desperate to meet the rest of the extended family.

Vaughn is a trained psychologist, specialising in sex therapy. His hottie mchotterson good looks and panty-melting voice make him a natural for media work, however, the censorship laws for public radio have created more than a few problems for Vaughn leading him to take the opportunity to join a satellite radio station in New York. Even if this me
Beth
I can’t tell you how excited I was to read this book! I have been a Lair lover for a long time. Jack Lair that is! I fell head over heels with Jack Lair and his band in the Back-Up series. I had no idea I would lose my heart to Vaughn Lair too!

What a great ride! This is told in the male point of view and I laughed my ass off. He is so knowledgeable and so good at his job, but he is also a clueless man! I loved it! He is the total package; smart, sexy, gorgeous, and vulnerable. I loved his relati
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
5 They Both Win Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill

Vaughn Lair is in town and his life is about to change!! However, as we soon find out it's not exactly how he planned. I think that's what I loved so much about this book and Vaughn in general. He's a shrink but he's not as put together as you'd think he would or should be.

And because of that, he doesn't see what's right in front of his face...the best thing that could ever happen to him. I get that he didn't want to ruin the friendship they have
Joanne
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There's a new Lair in town, and his name is Vaughn. Let me just say, I LOVED this book. Vaughn is one of my favorite book boyfriends. Some of you might recognize the name, "Lair" from A.M. Madden's Backup Series. However, this Lair is my favorite...and that says a lot since his cousin Jack is super swoony.

"You're on the air with Vaughn, how can I get you off?" <----Um...let me count the ways!

Vaughn hosts a sex talk radio show. He gives advice to his callers and listens to what they have to s
Diane Yoskowitz
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Amazing! The Best!  I am #LairLover X2 now!

Vaughn Lair (Jack Lair - the rockstar's cousin) is Smart Sexy and Brazen.   He's a sex therapist who has his own radio show and nothing is off limits to this Shock Jock. I was so lost in the story. I needed to see who could bring this cocky shrink to his knees.
The romance was passionate and hot and Vaughn definitely found his prefect match. There are swoonworthy moments and some turmoil in this relationship, the perfect blend to keep you glued to
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Vaughn Lair aka The Shock Jock is one of my newest book boyfriends. Can I just say I want to be his friend....no, his assistant.....no, wait, I just want to “be” around him.

The bantering between him and Haven was hilarious! I loved Haven, I loved how she felt real and how she “lived” in her head, because, I mean really, don’t we all do that???

This story was perfect! Can I have more of Vaughn???? Pretty please??????

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Bella
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Stars

I expected this book to be flirty, fun, steamy, and maybe a little bit angsty (given the synopsis), and that's pretty much what it was. But I confess, I was a bit disappointed.

Friends to lovers stories are one of my all-time favourites, so it doesn’t usually take a heck of a lot to please me when it comes to the genre. But damn, these two really made things drag.

My LOVES

The friendship between BFF’s Vaughn and Haven was solid (as a rock). These two had each other’s back, knew all ther
Rebecca
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The ‘King of Romance’ The ‘SEXpert’ The ‘Erotic Shock Jock’ ‘The Man with a Plan’

These monikers all apply to Vaughn Lair and illustrate how much his listeners/fans love his radio show, seeking his guidance and male perspective when it comes to love, sex, and relationships.

But it’s clear after one unexpected ‘On Air’ phone call that Vaughn might not know how to take his own advice, which puts him into a rather uncomfortable position - one where the teacher must become the student and hopefully l
KFForever
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Tracey Lou on behalf of KFF

What can I say? I was totally engrossed and read this book from front to back without stopping, not even for sleeping...ha ha! This story was light hearted, sinfully sexy and I didn't want it to end.

Sex therapist Vaughn Lair. Yes, some of you will recognise that last name, especially most followers of the author. He is the complete package, tall, dark, sexy and a voice that will make you melt like chocolate on a hot day. The perfect voice for rad
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Holy hotness! I wasn't not too familiar with AM Madden prior to this experience (because that was what this was an experience) but you can best believe that will be changing very soon. I'm feeling this #LairLove that's going on and y'all, Shock Jock was fucking brilliant, sexy, edgy, swoony, and... simply everything.

That synopsis drew me in, teasing me with what sounded like a killer romance (hint it was everything promised and then some). But it was Vaughn Lair who slayed me, hooked me
Linda Rea
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love A.M.Maddens books and this one is perfect! Vaughn Lair cousin of Jack Lair is famous all on his own having a very successful radio show based on sex therapy and he is about to make a change by going to satellite radio. His assistant Haven who keeps his life beyond organized put his name out there but the side effect is moving to New York. Vaughn hates New York but the chance to have a show with no filters he can’t pass this chance up but Haven forces him to see the bright side of eve ...more
Nicole Huffman ~ Author Groupies
I laughed, swooned, and fell in love with another Lair!! It was so fun reading the male POV, even if he was a cocky dirty minded shrink. The beginning was a little slow moving but once the story really took off I couldn’t put it down. I love a good friends to lovers romance with some fun twists added in!

I loved getting some of our favorite Devil’s Lair members make an appearance. I’ve missed them!! This was a fun romance with a sassy female and a dirty, tell it like it is male. I love them toget
Steph's Rom Book Talk
What to say about Vaughn Lair...

This book surprised the shit out of me!! I thought I was getting a book about a music dj but that is not what I got. What I got was a super sexy talk radio personality that moves from regulated radio to pay radio. Vaughn is a sex therapist with a very special talent. He has a best friend that is super sassy, funny, and takes care of him. This is Vaughn's journey of taking his own advise. I enjoyed the ride and will be reading the series that this book is a spin-of
Karrie Mellott Puskas
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Move over Jack Lair! There’s a new hot Lair in town....Vaughn!

Omg this book is just so much more than I could expect! I didn’t expect to find Vaughn hotter than Jack! Yes ladies! I love Jack but damn Vaughn is WOWSA!!!

Haven and Vaughn’s story is unique. I love that they’ve been friends for years first! I love how their relationship develops into more!

You don’t want to miss this book!!!
Dana
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This story was perfect! Can I have more of Vaughn???? Pretty please??????

One click is a must!!!!!
Melissa
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
From Chapter one oh Vaughn it’s immediate chemistry you’re just drawn in. Haven oh you’ll adore her. I love a friend to lover and this just give it to you good . What is better than a hot male sex therapist on air shock jock but he’s respectful and this ladies is such a turn on (I usually love an asshole?) . I found myself girl crushing on Haven his best friend and assistant . Life changes and forced hands these two have some reality checks no spoilers go read ! LOVED IT.
Kelly Emery (Beneath The Covers Blog)
Full review can be found at Beneath The Covers Blog --> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.*
Karen
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit of a yawn.

I read it because I liked Jack Lair....lol.
Jenny Brightman Harris
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book with the understanding I could leave a voluntary and honest review.

IN this book we meet Vaughn Lair and Haven Castell. In this book Vaughn is a licensed therapist that does a radio show. His show has been picked up by talk radio which will get the sensors off his back but he has to move from L.A. to New York. The only thing he is taking with him is his best friend and personal assistant Haven. They have known each other for years since she walked in on him and her college ro
Wit & Wonder Books
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

“You’re on with Vaughn. How can I get you off?”

A.M. Madden, USA Today Bestselling romance author of The Back-Up series, brings us her newest release, Shock Jock. A romance told from the male perspective by a character whose profession is all about being physically intimate.

Vaughn Lair is a local radio personality and sex therapist who has just been offered his dream job in satellite radio. Without the restrictive censorship of public radio,
Lisa Sylva (The Book Bistro)
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Shocked By Vaughn!

It always saddens me when I say that this is the first time I’ve ever read a book by any author, this time being A.M. Madden. Although it gives me an incredibly satisfying and a much grateful feeling that after I’ve read this book, I adored it so much that I’ve moved onto the author’s other pieces of literature. I find Ms. Madden to be a writer that finds certain twists in genres that are popular and that to me separates her from others.

This book was such a beautiful and
Becca
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars - Watch out Lair Lovers! A.M. Madden delivers another delicious book boyfriend with Vaughn in Shock Jock. Sexy, hilarious, and undeniably sweet, this novel gave me all the feels and then some. Vaughn and Haven were quite the pair and I absolutely adored their genuine friendship, easy banter, and unconditional loyalty. Their obvious connection and understated chemistry begged further exploration and kept me flipping the pages until I’d devoured this story. A.M. Madden made me laugh, swo ...more
Michelle Austin
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

Shock Jock was a good 4 star read.

Vaughn is a sex therapist who has his own radio show, he is finishing up in LA and has plans to go to New York to start a show on satellite radio. You will lol at some of the calls he was getting.

Haven is Vaughn’s best friend, she knows everything about him and they always tell each other the truth. Haven is also going to New York to finish school and help Vaughn.

When Haven’s apartment is broke into, Vaughn has her stay wi
Gemma Downing
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars – reviewed by Gemma for Your Next Hot Read

I have always been a #LairLover but now there is a new Lair in town called Vaughn and he is just as
swoon worthy and smart mouthed as his cousin Jack.

The story is from Vaughn’s POV only which I thoroughly enjoyed. It’s been a while since I’ve read a book from a single POV, let alone a man’s and AM Madden has written this exceptionally well. It was great to hear his thoughts on everything and read about his own thought process when things ran a
Christie72
Shock Jock is exactly why I am such a huge A.M. Madden fan. It is one of my all-time favorite friends-to-lovers novel. Vaughn is Jack Lair’s cousin, and has all the male Lair qualities as his cousin Lizzy says, “stunning and cocky runs in his blood.” He also has his own success as a popular radio talk show host whose star is continuing to rise. He has just signed a lucrative contract with satellite radio. His best friend and assistant, Haven, is going with him leaving California and moving to Ne ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
7203641
USA Today BESTSELLING ROMANCE AUTHOR

A.M. Madden's romance debut is The Back-Up Series, consisting of Back-Up, Front & Center, and Encore.

A.M. Madden is a wife, a mother, an avid reader of romance novels and now an author. In Back-up she aspired to create a fun, sexy, realistic romantic story. She wanted to create characters that the reader could relate to and feel as if they knew personally.

A
More about A.M. Madden...