Start by marking “Snap: Change Your Personality in 30 Days to Begin a Better Life” as Want to Read:
Snap: Change Your Personality in 30 Days to Begin a Better Life

Snap: Change Your Personality in 30 Days to Begin a Better Life

Most of us feel -stuck with ourselves- at one time or another - and that negative aspects of our personality are deeply ingrained from childhood or genetics so therefore cannot be altered. But new studies have shown that changing aspects of your personality IS possible, giving new hope to anyone who wants to improve results in personal, family, business, and civic relation ...more
Hardcover
Published December 26th 2017 by Humanix Books

To ask other readers questions about Snap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snap

Lili  Marcus
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Truth is, it's been a month since I've finished this book. The only reason why I haven't updated it as read here so I'd be pushed to review it. Well, that's another problem, i don't know how to review a Non-Fiction.

Yep, this is kinda the first Self-Help book that I need to review. :) :) I'm just gonna say what I think in the simplest way.

I like this book. LOL. What? I said simple. Hahaha... (this just shows my personality, isnt it?)
See what I did there?

Okay kidding aside, this book, I requested
Curious Reader
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is very interesting and informative book. Really good if you are interested about personalities. Makes you think about your own and others personality. Maybe even understand yourself a little better and others also. Well written.
About the change your personality in 30 days, well I haven't tried. But there are some really good advices for changing our behaviors.
Definitely recommended if you like reading about personalities.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchan
Shelly
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
SNAP: Change Your Personality in 30 Days is an easy, informative read. I read this in one evening. It is not my usual genre, but I did enjoy it because it was neither too dry with too many facts, nor too much fluff. The books centers on "Big Five" dimensions (Extraversion, Openness, Conscientiousness, Agreeableness and Emotional Stability). I do not agree with the authors’ premise that one can change one’s personality in 30 days. I would concur that one can change certain behaviors, attitudes an ...more
Debra
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I read this book due to the positive reviews and my interest in self-help books.

I found this book both enjoyable and informative. This book discusses how extroverts have a longer life expectancy than introverts. This book helps guide you to change your personality for the better and improve your health. Your motivation is the most critical component for success. The book incl
Lindsay
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
We can all change our personality, is the bold claim in this book and the title Snap, makes it sound easy.
Is it easy? No, it takes a lot of work and perhaps some professional help, but you can change...

I enjoyed this title, but beware changing your personality isn’t just a snap, it takes a lot of work and determination
Literary Soirée
“SNAP! Change Your Personality in 30 Days” by New York Times bestselling author Dr. Gary Small presents a surefire method to better your temperament in as little as a month.

Head of the UCLA Longevity Center and expert in neuroscience and human behavior, Dr. Small draws upon the latest scientific research that shatters the myth that we are locked into negative personality traits — and offers tools and techniques to swiftly improve potential health, happiness and success. Highly recommended!

Pub
Savanah Rae
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
karma
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book talks about two main things - the model of behavior change and your personality traits.

The author provides ways to assess your personality and means to tweak it to meet your goals.

The tips are practical, the examples are illuminating and the model is very clear. The tips that the author share are my favourite part of the book and one I will return to over and over again.

I received an advance copy in exchange of a review. This has, in no way, affected my review.
Vnunez-Ms_luv2read
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Good book on different personalities. Good advice on changing one's personality. I did try one and it didn't work for me. The book is well written and there are some very good observations/thoughts provided. Overall, it cannot hurt to read this book if possibly helping your personality is what one desires. Thanks to NetGalley, the authors and the publisher for the ARC of this book in return for my honest review.
Simona
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I was always doubtful about books like this. I always thought, that I never found anything that can be useful to me. But this time I was wrong!
It’s the first time that a self-help book motivated me to try meditation. And I’m sure, that after reading it for the second or even third time I will find it even more useful.
Alicia
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy read. Dr. Small breaks down personality into the main "big five" dimensions (Openness, Conscientiousness, Agreeableness, Extraversion, and Neuroticism). Good reminder that you can change your responses and reactions to what situations you find yourself in.
Jane
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
SNAP! is an informative book about how to change your personality in 30 days. This book proposes that we can change our personalities if we desire to become a better version of ourselves and unlocks a path to gaining a better understanding of who we are now and which aspects of our lives we would like to change.

I received an ARC of this book from NetGalley and Humanix Books in exchange for an honest review.
Stevo Brock
Feb 03, 2018
Ali
Feb 28, 2018
Kriz M
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Your motivation is the most critical component in life.... The book is very well written and there are some very good observations, thoughts and ideas presented here.

First self help book i read. Probably would read again for reference at another time.

3 stars. ⭐⭐⭐
JAnn Bowers
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was an eye opener in some areas that I could really apply to my own life, then there was some areas I was already familiar with. Gary and Gigi did a good job putting this together with just the right enough info and photos that brought the topic to life.
Clyde Macalister
Dec 15, 2018
Brandon Johnston
Jun 16, 2018
Gaby F.
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With a conscious effort to change our personality, we can!
Snap! Is based on the observation that although a lot of our personality remains consistent throughout our lives, we always have the power to work on certain personality traits. In this book, the authors concentrate on extraversion, openness, emotional stability, agreeableness, and conscientiousness. With a personal self-assessment, the reader can determine where on the spectrum of each personality trait his or her own personality falls a
Leo Knight
rated it did not like it
Dec 29, 2018
Emily
Apr 23, 2019
Greta (Upcloseandbookish)
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Snap! Change your personality in 30 days is a fast-paced and pleasantly- read book that is easily applied to your life. Written by Dr. Gary Small, Director of the UCLA Longevity Center and and Gigi Vorgan, the book suggests that with the right knowledge we can change our personalities in five distinct categories:
EXTRAVERSION
OPENNESS
CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
AGREEABLENESS
EMOTIONAL STABILITY
I am always really interested in books that challenge long-held beliefs and this is one of these books. The authors
Bo Grimes