Start by marking “Danica--Crossing the Line” as Want to Read:
Danica--Crossing the Line

Danica--Crossing the Line

3.44  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Danica Patrick's life moves at 220 mph. She drives every race and lives every day like she has something to prove -- and she does. As a 5-foot 2-inch, 100-pound woman, she had to qualify a little quicker and race a little faster than the boys -- just to earn the respect she would otherwise be given if she weren't the "girl on the track, driving the princess mobile." But yo ...more
Published January 9th 2007 by Touchstone (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Danica--Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danica--Crossing the Line

Tara Chevrestt
Sep 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, memoir
I have a newfound respect for Danica Patrick after reading her autobiography. The book is an easy, one day read and dull at times, but tells you a lot about racing. I now realize that Danica does not just jump behind a wheel and start driving as fast as she can. I admire her for her courage and desire to breach a "man's world". There are times she comes across as arrogant, but yet there are even more moments of pure honesty in which she admits she is not perfect. She addresses her past mistakes ...more
Jamie Machula
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is good if you have anything to do with racing and is especially inspiring if you are a girl. It is about Danica Patrick's start in the racing industry and all the struggle and hard times she had to overcome to make it to the top. All those times obviously paid off for her to make her dream come true.
Roxanne
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book as I am an avid Nascar fan and I have been to many races in person. Plus she is a lady driver which is great.The men were not too happy to have to her at first but she does bring a lot of publicity to the sport and they all like that.
Virginia
Mar 04, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2006
I'm a fan of Danica's but the story telling had too much fluff in it.
Kelly
Nov 28, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biography-memoir
So eye-rollingly craptastic I'm making up words. The most interesting thing was learning that Cowboy Mouth played at her wedding reception.
Gwen
cool insight to a racecar driver's life, i didnt realize that it took that much muscle to drive but now i see how that is nessessary, overall ok
ItalianDupoy
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought the book was as good as racing could be. If your one those people who hate Danica by her racing. You should read this book then, see what its like from her perspective.
Albert Heiles
Apr 18, 2012
Kristin Lawson
Nov 16, 2012
Kevin Haynes
rated it did not like it
Feb 25, 2008