Start by marking “Running From A Rock Star (Brides on the Run, #1)” as Want to Read:
Running From A Rock Star (Brides on the Run, #1)

Running From A Rock Star

(Brides on the Run #1)

She’s a good-girl control freak. He’s a bad boy in need of a clean image. Will these opposites attract or self-destruct?

Published April 11th 2017 by Jami Albright

Love2ReadRomance
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMGOODNESS so AWESOME!!! This book is hilarious! I loved every minute of it!
Bibi
May 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book isn’t as funny as it imagines itself, and the characters were generic.
Treena
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun read! I laughed out loud and just kept turning pages. I hope the next book is about Jack and Luanne!!! Can't wait to read more!
Coco.V
Nov 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/12/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Scarlett Kelly is the poster child for responsible living. Growing up as the daughter of the town floozy she’s made it her mission to be the exact opposite. So when she wakes up naked and hungover in bed with a bad-boy rockstar, Scarlett bolts immediately. But she never expected him to follow her home… and tell her they’re married!

Gav
Katerina
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not for me. I mean, he discovers he has a kid with OW. And she’s a virgin at 25 so it was a bit overkill with both in place. And then there was the unnecessary drama in the last 20% of the book. And the first 1/3 was dead boring. I came back to it over the course of a week where I read other books between because like I said, it wasn’t actually funny and made me fall asleep. After the 30% it did take my interest so I read it. I did sort of like both characters though because they were enjoyable ...more
Jillian
Although Running From a Rockstar has received some great reviews, it didn't measure up for me and my tastes. I felt a lot of it was mediocre at best. Not bad but not great; kind of toeing the line of a good story.
The plot was fun and seems like it should be a cute, easy read. I found a lot of it to be choppy and contrived as well as a bit dull. It felt like the author was trying too hard during the funny scenes and flirty scenes. They didn't come off as effortless or organic.
I ended up skimming
Raine
Really good!

This was such a good story. It had all the tropes - drunk wedding, rock star and children's book author, bad boy and virgin, secret baby. It wasn't dark and depressing given some of the contents like Gavin's best friend's death. It was an easy read with just the right touch of drama, lighthearted wit, and interesting storyline.
Kelly Brock
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Scarlet and Gavin

I LOVED this! The writing is fun, fresh, and flirty! This was so much fun to read. We have straight laced Scarlet and bad boy rock star Gavin. They meet, drink, and marry in Vegas. They stay married to help Gavin's image and in turn Scarlet gets some money to help pay off her family's farm.

I love stories that start off as one thing and completely surprise. This story had way more depth and emotion than I anticipated. You feel everything these two have been through in their past
sonali
Nov 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
I would rather jump off a cliff than read this book. The only reason i finished it was because i saw the reviews and ratings and kept hoping it’ll get better at some point. I really wanted to like this book since it had one of my most favorite tropes fake marriage and you can hardly go wrong with that.

I don’t even know where to start the girl was a hypocritical, slut shaming, red neck who thinks anyone who has sex is a hussy or “Slutty McSlut Slut” as she so eloquently put it but carrying guns i
Elizabeth Crownover
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book as an ARC, in return for an honest review! And oh how thankful I am! Scarlett & Gavin became a part of my life. I felt loss & sadness when I finished! Even though Scarlett & Gavin exited my daily life, they'll always be in my heart!

Cover=gorgeous!! I'll buy a copy just to have the cover to look at! This is a fun, romantic comedy that anyone can relate to (or at least their alter egos can). Jami's creativity is fantastic. I laughed out loud often during the read
Arwinder
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a feel good book

I'm happy to have picked up this book as I needed something light, humourous, lovely yet with a dose of "oh my God, what's really gonna happen at the end with the nemesis's threats".
I loved Scarlet and Gavin's dynamic and the supporting cast was awesome. And the fact that the writing was flawless and fresh were the cherries on top of this cute lovely bookcake :D
Kate
Nov 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START, HOW DO YOU F*CK UP FAKE MARRIAGE TROPE SO BADLY

I mean, I knew I'd have issues with this book from the very first pages when the heroine starts a vicious slut-shaming cycle, calling herself "Slutty McSlut Slut" for sleeping (or so she thought) with a guy she barely knew. And really, the amount of times she calls herself - or other women - "trump", "slut", "hussy" or "whore" is staggering. I'm perfectly aware internalized sexism is a thing and all, BUT COME ON, ho
Kimi

Plot ★★★★
Humor ★★★★
Characters & Character Development ★★★
Narration ★★★

Story: This was a pretty good story. I found some similarities between this story and another one where the main female character gets drunk and marries a rock star. I can't say that I loved all of it. It drives me crazy when a person is being taken advantage of by others in the book. Therefore, the whole situation with Poppy annoyed the hell out of me. Also the situation with the company that s
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
Although there were things that happened that were predictable, I still found it cute and funny. It was an easy audiobook to listen to.

One thing I did find interesting and maybe I'm wrong, but when Poppy sends the blackmail material to Louann, I thought that made no sense. Louanne being an attorney and this being a felony would have to report it to the authorities as an officer of the court, right?

Anyway, it's my first time with this author's material and I am interested in reading the next boo
Anne OK
Quick, fun and a delightful read. Mix a country girl from Texas (a virgin, too) with a tatted gorgeous rock star and wild night in Las Vegas and a wedding performed by Elvis -- you got a rom-com filled with laughs and a cast of crazy characters from two years old to seventy. There are some ups and downs to level it all out with a nice blend of the good feels, too.

MillsyLovesBooks
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great RomCom

Jami Albright is a new to me author, and I'm so glad to found her. Running From A Rock Star was a quirky fun read. With great banter between characters and we all should have a Honey in our lives.
Jessica Frances
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Jami Albright, but it certainly won’t be my last. This was so much fun. I laughed, I swooned, I fanned my face, and I worried over how they were going to fix the mess they were in. It felt very authentic considering the wacky world both the heroine and hero were dropped into, and I loved every single page. I wholeheartedly recommend this one to readers who enjoy romantic comedies. Can’t wait to start book two and see two lawyers go head-to-head! Should be fun!
Brooklyn JoJo
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars... this was light and cute but nothing earth shattering...
perksofabookblogger
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was given to me from the Author, because Amazon and my cc had a few problems with each other. Human-beings... This author gifted me this book, because I couldn't buy it immediately on amazon. There is a limit of how amazing a person can be, and she definitely overstepped it!! :D

This down here, is my review:

The thing about this book is, that there is no long foreplay. Before you even know, you're fully in it. As promised is this all in all, full with wit and remarkable characters - So,
Becky Condit
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love a good romance, especially if it includes humor as well as drama. Jami Albright’s Running From a Rock Star fully ticks those two boxes for me. Now let’s consider sex and sexy characters. Again, oh, my yes, plenty of that in this book! I usually try to determine whether a book is character driven or plot driven and this time it is both, which absolutely delighted me.
Scarlett is the heroine of the book and her character is developed beautifully, although there are two distinct aspects of he
Cheryl Drake johnson
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
his is a cute, hilarious romantic, heart breaking love story about a young woman who would do anything not to be like her unpredictable mother. Scarlett Kelly wrote a children's book and was offered a television show about her main character. That is the reason she was in Las Vegas to meet with the executives but they wanted her to make her character more edgy. She had to compete with another woman for the show she was disappointed and left but came back and over heard them talking behind her ba ...more
Datele
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful debut that isn't easy to find nowadays. I just added Scarlett and Gavin to my "wonderful couples" self! Their chemistry, their banter, their wit and their electrifying passion jump out of the page.

Scarlett is caring, funny, sensitive, she loves her family and she isn't afraid of sticking to her ethics and beliefs. Gavin is charming, sexy, smart, and loyal to the people important to him. They would both move the earth and the moon to protect their families and their beloved persons!

T
Cyrene Olson
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Uncaged Review: A very funny and engaging book, with just the right pacing. After a drunken one-night stand in Vegas, Scarlett wakes up to find she’s married to a rock star. Sneaking out and running home, she figures she can just get a quick divorce and no one will be the wiser. Unfortunately, it’s not going to be smooth sailing, especially after her rock star husband, Gavin, decides it would be better for his image if he stayed married for a while, and offers Scarlett money to keep up the chara ...more
Nina Cordoba
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A while back, I received an email from a new writer (Jami Albright) asking if I'd read the first chapters of a manuscript she was working on and give her feedback. I was hesitant because, although I write romantic comedy, I don't find most of them I read to be very funny. However, I knew members of her critique group well and they had told her to get a read from me so I couldn't refuse.
I loved those first chapters! Loved the premise. Loved her writing voice. I wanted to read more, but there wasn
Beth
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't recall how I 1st heard about this book? I love humor, laughing, joking, and just being silly. I mean why not??! I laughed and laughed. the details of these characters will have you in happy tears over and over. LOL! I got to listen through Audible. Such a great listen. love the narrator's voice Jennifer Grace she is just perfect!! so fun. hilarious!! Do people still write their names in their underwear, really??! I thought that was something folks did when they were in preschool or kinde ...more
Heather
Extremely pleased how fresh and fun the story played out. Not a new concept, but definitely not a boring or tired delivery. I liked the characters, the storyline, the pace, and the way it flowed naturally. Chemistry was tangible among characters that were likable and would be fun to hang out with if real. Story was a perfect length and ended at the right time story-wise, yet still ended too early my enjoyable time in their universe. The next book by Ms. Albright can't come soon enough for me.
CeCe
I loved the premise, but it was too cookie cutter for me. I wanted fluff, but this was too fluff and predictable. The writing style did not work for me. The author tried to be cute and funny, but I found everything irritating especially the heroine. I usually love those types of heroines, but this one was annoying. Maybe it was just my mood. You may love it. My opinion and reading is subjective.
Taryn Elliott
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bedlam, chaos, and Honey for days

What a wild ride! Sweet, sexy, hilarious, and touching. All the bases were covered. Add in a dash of insane family, evil enemies, and a raunchy rockstar and I couldn't put this down! Now I need Jack and Luanne!!
Elodie
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow ...
I nearly pee in my pants just with the opening scene.
The two main characters are wonderful, smart, kind, crazy in their own style.
Gavin is not only a rock star with a dark side due to his past, he can be a mischievous and good hearted man, while Scarlet fought her wild side all her life to be the perfect normal woman to not be compared to her mother.
But they have a pretty good group to take care of them, from the full of life and craziness Honey to straight in her boots Luanne a
Sbell
What a cute, funny, sexy read. This book
surprised me on so many levels. Scarlett
and Gavin were just hilarious, and I just
felt from the beginning that they belonged
together.

They wake up married in Vegas, and that
is when the sparks fly. Scarlett is from
a small town and her hilarious family
add such humor to this book. Gavin is
just tired. Tired from the constant de
mands of his career and he just needs
a break.

This book was just so good. I do have to
say that toward the end, just too much
started happ
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Feel like Makin' Love (Rock and Roll Trilogy, #3)
  • Redeemed: Part IV (Bad Blooded Rebel, #1)
  • Playing With The Drummer (Head Over Heels, #3)
  • Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel, #1.5)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
  • Single Dad's Sweetheart
  • True Devotion (True, #2)
  • I Love My BREAKUP
  • Playing At Love (Rogue Series, #2)
  • Make Me Yours (Men of Gold Mountain, #4)
  • Getting Lucky with the Rock Star (Holiday Encounters #3)
  • Home Sweet Home (I Remember You, #2)
  • Rock It (Rule Breakers #1)
  • Flesh & Bone (The Minstrel Series, #2)
  • The Random Series Boxed Set (Random, #1-3)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo, #1)
  • High Strung (Power Station, #1)
  • A Voice to Love (Fallen Tuesday, #1; Brothers of Rock, #6)

Brides on the Run (3 books)
  • Running with a Sweet Talker (Brides on the Run #2)
  • Running From the Law
“Her soul flew free only to be caught by him then gifted back to her, only to fly free again.” 0 likes
“That smile should come with a warning label. Caution: Panties may drop at the sight.” 0 likes