Start by marking “Knightfall (Nightlord, #4)” as Want to Read:
Knightfall (Nightlord, #4)

Knightfall

(Nightlord #4)

It's not easy, being King. You can't always rule a kingdom and still do what needs to be done.
Eric--or King Halar, also known as the Demon King--has more than enough problems without the crown.
But quitting the job of King isn't easy, either--unless you want to be beheaded. Most people regard that as an unsatisfactory way to quit. Even vampire lords tend to be cautious
Published April 2nd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Knightfall, please sign up.
Jerome The latest word is it should come out in September.

Start your review of Knightfall (Nightlord, #4)
LexiLikesLiterature
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
After I finish this I am going to see if this app will let me send Gared a message. I have some questions that need answers :-)

I actually read a few other reviews to see if it was just me, but others have noted that the first 1/3 of the book was extremely slow and "wordy". It's like the editor just wasn't in the mood to that thing called editing.

So if you didn't care for a third of the book, another third was so-so, and the other third was great and by great I mean GRREEEAAAT like Frosted
Justin
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much improved over the previous book in the series, likely because so much happened. I felt at the end of book 3 that most of the book was a side story, and almost nothing had been solved by the end of it. In fact, I probably would have given this book five stars if Craig/Halar/Demon King hadn't spent about 200 pages being self-deprecating and about 50 adding things to his "someday" list. Those combined almost dropped it two stars to 3, but because the rest of the book was so good I let it ...more
Bolajide Adeyoye
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I finally figured you out

The problem with you dear author is that you're too cute for yourself, you know you have a good product, delicious and filling like mom's turkey dinner in book form, which is why you get away with those shenanigans you pull at the end of every book...but no more I finally figured you out, now I know that as much as I might be tempted to read on, the best thing to do would be to stop once the main plot is over and most the side plots are as settled as the story is going
Kian
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I really like the series, it has so many scenarios and twists but I don't like Erik/Holar/nightlord anymore. He is acting so lazy, cowardly, indecisive, and he procrastinates while his enemies plan and act. Thinking is good but overthinking is deadly in his case. I liked him in book 1&2 but 3 was where it went wrong for me and I hope I dont't have to endure 39 hours of soul searching in a 41 hours book.
Lurch618
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I was not as happy with this book as the others. I would say at least half of the book just dragged on. ****Spoiler alert**** He probably could have gotten away with ending it after he defeated Yohan but decided t to drag it on for anther 30 chapters. I was actually glad when I was done with this book.
Milan
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lurino
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unnecessarily lengthy

There were enjoyable moments in the story where the main character worked miracles, and there were heartfelt moments too. What's not there was a good pacing between those moments of ups and downs, which made the story more dragging than the book before
Jay Collins
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
An easy 4 star series. Great series so far and I look forward to the next book
Cr Rider
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Sigh...where's the beef?

Up until this book, the series has been interesting. A little jarring, as I truly enjoyed the characters from the first book ans was dismayed when they were all discontinued. Enjoyed the next set of bodyguatds, but in this instalment, Halar just whined about not wanting to be king, yet acting like a king. Also, there is something I just dislike about Mary and can see a huge issue with Tort in the future. Tamara was so much more fun😐. A little tedious in areas...Minor
Geri Winney
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
What happens when a physicist gets turned into a vampire, then learns magic? So much. So so much. This has been such a fun series. Long, yes. Needlessly technical, at times. Funny, emotional, and damn entertaining, absolutely.

One of my favorite things is sharing a beloved book series with friends, but I'm keeping this one to myself. I don't recommend it. I don't think you will appreciate it. So, just go and read the latest best seller that catches your eye. I'll be over here savoring this
Yonder
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another great entry

Whited continues to write subtly surprising books that seem fresh. Characters you're sure are safe turn out to be in peril, events and people you think will look over the entirety of the book are dealt with differently.

A lot happens to Halar here, as several different issues in multiple universes require his help all at once. The book slows for occasional breathers in between frantic bouts of activity.
Tony Lin
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
While an improvement upon the third book, the excessive tangents between key moments really break the mood sometimes. I picture our protagonist sometimes as J.D. from Scrubs, where he would tilt his head sideways and goes into long thoughtful expositions with himself while everyone awkwardly pause, staring at him for minutes while he seems to ponder the unimportant ramifications of how to efficiently improve upon a spell that we will never hear about again. SOMETIMES LESS IS MORE.
Alex Hughes
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good continuation of the story, and actually concluding some items but becoming more of the same rather than enjoyably new. Halar is still self deprecating to the point of "Get on with it!" however the development of the god persona is enjoyable. Overall if you enjoyed the other books and want to continue then this will give you largely more of the same.
Trevor Sherman
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This one did have some slow parts and a lot of info was repeated but the repetition was part of the story so that was ok. I might have gotten a bit bored if I had not been listening to it. But over all a great story and since it is a Portal Fantasy with an Immortal MC I hope there are more books to come.
Aron
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot stress enough how this is one of the most phenominal series i've ever read. It blends so many different genres together in an incredible world building experience, only matched by Terry Mancour's Spellmonger series. I'm so freaking excited for book 6 to be coming out sometime this year that i'm just besides myself.

Do yourself a favor and READ this series.
Grant Merrifield
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it we do.

Love it we do excellent fourth book what an excellent series I really enjoy reading these books and I think you probably will too I enjoy the character development I enjoy the World building its epic check it out.
Eric S.
These books are a lot of fun. very interesting mix of current/futuristic/historical fiction and medieval enchanted realm settings, and yet it works out really well. Oh, and vampire sorcerers. Doesn't seem like it would work, but really really does.
Jaime Garcia
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Felt good to end it here. I've pretty much lost interest in the main character now. Again too many details and felt he was wandering and getting too depressed with himself. Think I'll end the reading here.
Bram Slaats
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Nio
May 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked the first book but the series have gotten worse with each book published...there are too many inconsistencies that I actually skipped a good chunk...lets see if i decide to continue
NotTheNorm
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
not as good as the previous books
Paul
Jul 24, 2019 added it
I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next novel.
Randy Smith
Aug 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book this is the first book that did not end with him either been in a coma, captured and imprisoned in his own mind or just barely escaping torture. By comparison of this book had a happy ending.
Deborah Otway
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Knightfall - possibly more than the previous books. In some ways it seemed to have more depth. It is still very tedious to read sometimes - but the story definitely makes this bearable.
Jeremy Patrick
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Next. Now

As always i loved it. Looking forward to the next.
I was damn near crying at one point. Chop chop.
jonathanka K
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rohan McElwee
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another solid outing in the series which to date I have enjoyed immensely.

These books are huge and very good. I don't hesitate to recommend them.

Knightfall is however, very slow to get going. It's highly verbose and could potentially be condensed. The first half of the book is pretty much a huge yawn and I found myself speed reading almost skimming some of the descriptive and emotional verbosity and self introspection just to get to some good stuff.

The pace picks up significantly in the
Amanda Hardy
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!

I've loved the entire series, start to finish! Now I just have to get the audio book to go with it!
Kcl
Oct 06, 2018 added it
Chris Kuntz
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the series!!

This book in the series closes out quite a few outstanding story lines, clearing the deck for another big adventure. I kept finding myself checking how much book was left, this is really a large book, with every page packed full of story. Eagerly waiting the next book!!

• Shadowborn's Terror (The Magician's Brother, #4)
  • The Magician's Brother (The Magician's Brother, #1)
  • The Sorcerer's Loss (The Magician's Brother, #2)
  • Hearthglen (Binding Words, #3)
  • Archon's Hope (The Magician's Brother, #3)
  • Towers of Heaven (Towers of Heaven, #2)
  • The Perfect Betrayal (Zombie Fallout #13)
  • Life Bonds (Binding Words, #2)
  • Coast on Fire (The System Apocalypse, #5)
  • Heart's Darkness (The Magician's Brother, #5)
  • Cities in Chains (The System Apocalypse #4)
  • Proving Grounds (Underworld, #4)
  • The Heavenly Host (Demons of Astlan, #2)
  • World's Unbound (The System Apocalypse, #6)
  • Into The Abyss (Demons of Astlan, #1)
  • Dungeon Lord: Ancient Traditions (The Wraith's Haunt, #4)
  • The Apostles of Doom (Demons of Astlan, #3)
  • Dog Dayz (Zombie Fallout #12)
Garon Whited was supposedly born in 1970, but the original birth certificate is suspiciously unavailable and other records do not agree. After spending some years in college playing role-playing games, he finally settled down into a steady job working with computersand still plays role-playing games. He finally joined a radicalized group of jellyfish-herding nomads. Having fought zombie dolphins, ...more

Nightlord (6 books)
  • Sunset (Nightlord, #1)
  • Shadows (Nightlord, #2)
  • Orb (Nightlord, #3)
  • Void (Nightlord, #5)
  • Mobius (Nightlord, #6)

News & Interviews

“Show a little faith in someone when they need it. It’s amazing how it comes back around to you.” 1 likes
“Politics.  From the Latin poly, meaning many, and tics, meaning blood-sucking parasites. That may be incorrect, but it’s not wrong.” 1 likes