Start by marking “The Fighter (Prophecy Series #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fighter (Prophecy Series #2)

The Fighter

(The Prophecy #2)

When Dakota finally found the girl who disappeared from the house next door, he never would have imagined he would be taking the passenger seat of a war that spanned multiple worlds he hadn’t even known existed.

After spending every moment he wasn’t searching for Anastasia preparing for a battle he knew was coming, they finally find her. What they aren’t prepared for though
Published July 1st 2017 by Jessica McCrory Books

To ask other readers questions about The Fighter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fighter

Jacqueline Smith
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The sequel to Jessica Wayne's The Phoenix packs an emotional punch. Several in fact... even more than the first book in the series.

Anastasia is being held captive, only to waken to a dream... a devastating dream of what her life might have been. Dakota is determined to find Anastasia. He's already lost her once. He will do whatever it takes to get her back. And he does, at long last.

But their triumph is short-lived, for beautiful Terrenia is under attack, Anastasia is drained from the emotiona
Julia ⏃  ✦ :The Romance Rebels: ⏃ ✦

In The Fighter by Jessica McCrory, everyone is in mortal danger. Lives will be lost, and soon the fight hits close to home for Anastasia. She see's things... things she doesn't know if its real or fake. And becomes afraid of herself and what danger she costs to her friends. The only thing she can do is keep her distance, and focus on the mission.

Dakota understands why she hides away, and it breaks his heart piece by piece. He fights the invisible bonds and forces Ana to see that he is in it fo
Leanne
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great follow on from The Phoenix.
The story was well laid out and I really enjoyed seeing the development of the characters. Except the Phoenix herself, she didn't appear to be doing much emerging from ashes in this book. She got on my nerves quite a lot to be honest but it's nice to have a character pull that emotion from me.
I can't really say I was overly surprised by some of the plotline but the author makes up for that with a stinking cliff hanger.
Nice mix of genres to keep everyone happy an
Katrina Arsenault
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series. These books are easy to read and keep your attention while leaving you wanting more. Love how a young girl who was abused turned her misfortune into strength and became a powerful leader. This is a combination of romance, sci-fi, and suspense. I cannot wait to read the third and final book in this series.
I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
Rebecca Austin
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-author
Anastasia Carter has been captured just when Dakota Parker finally got her back. Now he is desperate to find her again and protect her from her Uncle Vincent and his plans.

But soon Dakota and Tony discover that their enemies, The Brutes, may not be who they believed them to be and must form an alliance with their leader, Argento, to bring down Vincent and save Anastasia.

But what will the cost be to keep everyone safe from Vincent and how many more lives will be lost? Can Anastasia, Argento, Dak
Megan | A Page to Turn
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, romance, adult
I also gave this book a solid 4 stars!

I'm always weary of a sequel - this one did not disappoint. It had action, suspense, and even romance! I felt like it was a solid story to follow up book one, The Phoenix, where we learned just who Anastasia was and what her destiny held.

This book jumps right into the action, so be ready! I did get really frustrated a few times with our main character, Anastasia, because she's so head strong sometimes that she feels the need to take on everything her self
Spunky N Sassy
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Julie's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

R. Murray
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love love love this author!! This is the third book I have read by Jessica and yet again she doesn't disappoint! It has been a long time since I have read a book in a day but I just couldn't put it down!

I admit in the middle I got sick and tired of Anastasia, she made me so mad! And she didn't make me feel any less forgiving towards her as the book went on, but that is a sign of a fantastic author if they can make you feel so much emotion towards a character!

I am completely in love with Dako
Cynthia Carpenter
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This on starts were the first one ended. Dakota is Terrenia trying to find Anastasia. Things have become more dangerous for them when they do find her she is in a bad spot she doesn't know what is real and what is not. As she starts to figure it things are getting worse on her plain and in Seattle. When they get trapped in Seattle by Vincent she has to find a way to make it back to Terrenia or everything will be lost. Things are in the works she has no clue how to stop yet. Will she her love one ...more
Julie Jackson
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed for SNS

Ana thought she was dying. She was so alone and afraid but somehow, Vincent makes her dreams and thought come alive with Dakota. Was it real? When the camp and the new Brutes decide to team up and help each other, Dakota finally has some hope. When they finally find Ana, she is in horrible shape. She won’t have anything o do with him because she feels like she doesn’t deserve him. She finally get back to somewhat normal and tells Dakota everything. He finally understands her dis
Marie Pedrick
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As the second book in the prophecy series I had eagerly awaited this book having read the first. Following Anastasia and Dakota as they battle the evil Vincent, Ana’s uncle, a sorcerer that is trying to take over the many worlds with the help of people from these worlds and Ana’s grandmother Carmen Ana has to learn to use the same magic that turned her uncle dark in the first place.
I would recommend this to paranormal and fantasy lovers alike, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these books.
This
Jessica Figueroa
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Fighter is the second book in the Prophecy series and it's as action packed if not more than the first book, The Phoenix. Jessica knocked it out of the park with this book and this series. I'll never forget what she said about writing fantasy in one of her live feeds, she said " when writing fiction/fantasy no one can tell you you're writing in wrong because no one really knows what magic is like or even real. You can make it your own." That really stuck to me. I loved it, the writing is gre ...more
C.L. McGrath
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
not my typical genre to read, so it surprised me that i liked it. its part 2 in the series with a third to come. Typically i hate cliff hangers...but thats just me. The author notes that there is a reason for it. So ill trust her and look forward to the next installment.
Well written, great story.
Would recommend.
Kayla
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great follow up book to Jessica Wayne's The Pheonix. This book will take you on an emotional roller coaster and you will never know what turn the story is going to take next. I loved getting to know Anastasia and Dakota more in depth and seeing more of how this series is laid out. I can not wait to see how this all comes to an end now.

By the way... Watch out for the cliffhanger!
Debbie
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The second book in the series kept me reading and not wanting to stop! I got to know Dakota better and appreciate his dedication to Anastacia. My heart kept going out to Anastacia as she continues to deal with hardship and loss. She takes so much on her shoulders and has to deal with more viciousness wrought by Vincent. I am looking forward to the continuation of this story in The Sorceress!
Lisa Cartwright
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book. It the second in a series of three. Just like the first book, THE PHOENIX, it seemed so realistic, yet the fantasy element enhanced the plot tremendously.
It kept me wondering what would happen next. I mean I could not put the book down. Cannot wait for the sequel!!
Gina Burkart
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow author fantastic book to the Sheri this book was another hard book to put down as it continues on Anastasia and Dakota story that they is true love and it can live on. And that your friends will always be their for you. This book is full of twist and turns that will keep you on the edge. O
Bonnie
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!

I haven't read a book like this that is non-stop, mind blowing adventure with different twists that is unstoppable page turner , are not able to put down reading !! It is simply AMAZING!!!! Read this one is one day that is how good this book is!! On to the next one !!!!
Bri-Anna
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am not normally one who reads fantasy novels but this one is completely different. The way the author blends both worlds and ties the stories together is fantastic. I love the story line and all of the characters. I would definitely recommended this book to anyone!!
Jenna
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great follow on from the first book in the Prophecy Series. I loved the action and romance throughout this book, it was jam packed with goodness and it kept you engaged. Highly recommend to anyone wanting a mixture of Fantasy, Romance and Action. Received as ARC for honest review.
Heather Belton
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the series and it was just as good as the first. Ana has had a lot to deal with and overcome and I have a feeling I will like her even more in the 3rd book. It ends in one heck of a cliffhanger so am really looking forward to book 3.
Gianna Santanello
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, I couldn't put The Fighter down either in The Prophecy Series. I loved the action in this book. I highly recommend it. Cannot wait for the third book to come out! Jessica's books are the first fantasy and action books I've read and I'm glad I did. She does an awesome job writing!
Heather
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Such an emotional roller coaster! The Fighter was a great read. Loved reading the continuing story from The Phoenix. So much adventure jam packed into this one book! Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Kim Des
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I found the fight a very nice story but it remained
  The phoenix remains the best book
yet I want to thank Jessica for writing a beautiful story
the book is definitely recommended
Shannon
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down! Full action and suspense I loved the way it was written surrounded in mystery and intrigue, it ended on a huge cliffhanger and I desperately need the next book now.
Silvia
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't know what to say......straight into book 3
Nicole French
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just had to know what happened after the last book ended, and SHE DOES IT AGAIN. What a thrill ride! I love Jessica McCrory's writing, and I can't wait for book3!
Messy Bun Book Blog
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great series!! The stories are easy to ready, but not predictable, and very enjoyable! I love this author!
steven boland
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Get the series

Oh my gosh I just couldn't put it down an adrenaline rush on pages.loved the story on to the next ,looking forward to more from this author.
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Love Love Love seeing how the connection between Dakota and Anastasia is one that won't easily be broken. When they finally come together they are thrown into a world that shows them what it would be like to just forget. Forget their mission, forget their people, forget the world that Anastasia has come to love. While trying to figure it all out Anastasia and Dakota have choices to make, but ones that aren't easily made.

this book end in a cliffhanger as well but trust me you want to read this s
Hi everyone!!!My name is Jessica and I started writing when I was a teenager. I have always had a love of reading and that influenced me to write my own stories!! I am married to a wonderfully supportive man and we have two beautiful kiddos together! I spent seven years in the Texas Army National Guard and after I got out, I started putting more time into my writing! My absolute favorite genre is ...more

The Prophecy (4 books)
  • The Phoenix (Prophecy Series #1)
  • The Sorceress (The Prophecy Series #3)
  • Siren (Prophecy, #4)