Start by marking “Hot Stuff” as Want to Read:
Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff

(Sexy Jerk World #3)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  979 Ratings  ·  306 Reviews
Get ready to fall in love with this new standalone sports romance from New York Times bestselling author Kim Karr.

He's the newly drafted quarterback.
Hot. Arrogant. Too sexy for words.
Ready to score.

I'm an athletic intern, and the coach's daughter.
Driven. Determined. Prepared to conquer the world.
Completely off-limits.

The NFL is full of rules. Rules I've never broken. Never
Published September 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hot Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Stuff

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐! Hot Stuff (stand-alone). Fast- paced & sexy forbidden sports romance!

Hot Stuff (stand-alone) follows college student and athletic trainer Gillian Whitney aka Strawberry Fields during her last internship with the NFL team her father coaches.

After she graduates she is going to get a regular job and settle down. But Gillian is not prepared for the team’s newly drafted quarterback, cocky bad boy Lucas Carrington.

Helping Lucas nurse an injury puts them in close proximity. Too close to ign
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages.

Kim Karr is back with a new steamy sports romance starring Lucas Carrington, the new quarterback of the Chicago Bears, and Gillian Whitney, an athletic trainer intern and the daughter of the coach.

Lucas Carrington wants to leave Chicago and never look back, but that plan turns to dust when the Chicago Bears picks him in the drafts as their first-string quarterback. When he goes to training camp, still feeling a little bitter, he realizes his position isn’t a
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description

descriptionGreat cover on this one. Obviously, it is a great representation if the story. It has good composition and title work as well. Although "I" would have placed the author's name below the title. *lol*description

descriptionI enjoyed this one but I didn't love it as much as I hoped I would. It felt slow to me, and I found myself wanting to skim over the pages and pages of football talk. A bit too much football talk in my opinion which hindered me connecting fully with these two characters. I think I needed more interacti
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3 STARS
Hot Stuff was a lighthearted, sweet and steamy sports romance about a quarterback and the athletic trainer/coach's daughter he falls for.

Lucas Carrington has been waiting for this moment his entire college career. The moment when his name is called as the new draft pick. Unfortunately he doesn't expect the team that drafts him to be the Bears and to stay in the town he wants to get far away from.

To add into the mix of things he doesn't expect is to be knocked over his head by a beautifu
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

A new sports romance… hell yes! Sign me up. I love a great sports romance; there’s just something about these hot and athletic guys that draws me in from the start and I want get to know absolutely everything about them. If you are after your next read to be a fast paced, sexy, forbidden sports romance then I would definitely suggest one clicking Hot Stuff, because it is sure to satisfy your craving.

Lucas lives and breathes football and has been recently drafted as the quarterback for the Chica
Natalie The Biblioholic
What can I say other than that Hot Stuff has become one of my favorite reads from Kim Karr! It was light, easy and fun. If you’ve read Sexy Jerk, then you might remember Lucas Carrington as he’s Nick’s baby brother. Destined for the NFL, football is his life and he can’t wait to join a team anywhere but in his hometown of Chicago. So when draft day comes around and he gets the call, imagine his utter disbelief and disappointment when he’s drafted to the Chicago Bears. Unhappy, miserable and ir ...more
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰
🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈 🏈

description

Lucas has just been drafted as a quarterback for Chicago. Football is his life, but he SO wanted out of his home city. He was dreaming of New England.
But it is what it is and now he's fighting with everything he has to secure his spot on the team.
Enter Gillian. She's the coach's daughter and the team's athletic trainer intern.
She's the one helping Lucas to not land on the injured list in his first NFL season - because it was kinda her fault he got hurt in the first plac
Kim Karr
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Happy end of summer!

And as you know with the end of summer comes fall. And with fall comes football!! On September 27th I will be releasing my newest standalone sports romance, Hot Stuff.

Hot Stuff is one of my favorite books I've ever written. It's angsty, swoony, and super sexy!

photo 20776739_824732291022924_9183242328413525749_o_zpsatx0y0vt.jpg
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
‘I was his star player. She was his daughter.’

Gillian is spending the last few weeks of summer as an athletic trainer intern with the NFL Chicago Bears, who were currently in their summer training camp. She has spent her entire life involved with the NFL, her father used to play and he is now the coach of this prestigious team. She hasn’t known any other way of life since the death of her mother when she was a young child.

Gillian has plans to head straight to college to finish off her trainin
Melanie (mells_view)
This one is just to slow for me. Not exactly slow burn, but the story is progressing too slowly. I’ve liked Karr’s other books, so I’ll chalk this up as one I should maybe try again later.
Beneath The Covers Blog
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alison, arcs, 2017-reads
4.5 TOUCHDOWN stars!

Lucas Carrington wanted to be drafted into the NFL, he just didn't want to be picked by the Chicago Bear, but soon after the draft he changes how he feels especially when he meets Gillian, one of the athletic trainer interns.

Gillian Whitney has grown up around footfall, so none of the players have ever caught her eye, until the new quarterback Lucas shows up. Oh, did I mention that her father is the head coach for the Chicago Bears, you know, the same bears Lucas plays for.

A
Kim
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lucas Carrington lives and breathes football. It is supposed to be his ticket out of Chicago and to be independent, have money, and follow his dreams. When his plans don't quite pan out as he expected, he finds that even getting a shot in the NFL is not a sure thing and he will have to continue to prove himself and stay out of trouble. He has a tendency to have an attitude and has some lingering issues from his past.

But trouble finds him anyway at training camp in the form of a sassy re
Shayna
When it comes to emotionally-driven sexy reads, Kim Karr is my GO TO! She gives her readers the perfect blend of angst, sexy, and sweet, and she ALWAYS leaves ME with a huge smile on my face! The swoon factor has been kicked up a notch with HOT STUFF and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. I was HOOKED from the beginning and I was ADDICTED the whole way through. This sexy and passionate sports romance was the PERFECT ESCAPE for me and I can’t wait for everyone to sink their teeth into Lucas C ...more
Becky Rendon
Sep 20, 2017 rated it liked it

Hot Stuff is the stereo typical hot jock who uses woman for a good time but never calls...until her. But she is the coach's daughter...

Trouble with a capital T. What starts as a way to ease tension spirals out of control. (See what I did there..spirals..he's the QB. Seriously, it was cute. I'm totally unappreciated.)

Lame jokes and self promotion aside, Hot Stuff is a slow burn with some yummy tension. It's a football story and with the matching weather here I couldn't help but enjoy it.
Heather andrews
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lucas doesn't ask for much, well technically demand, “I do, to be inside you, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start the foreplay early.” That made her smile and blush. “Oh, and have those lips ready,” I winked. “I want that proper kiss.” Lucas is a man with stamina, "...dumbfounded that he could actually be ready to go again so quickly. “You can ask how I’m already getting hard again, it’s okay,” he grinned." Lucas is just all sorts of sexy, "He nipped at my lip. “For you, maybe. Do it again and ...more
Three Chicks
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

I love hot football romances! In real life, I don't even watch football, but for some reason those wide shoulder pads, tight abs and thick thigh encased uniforms check off all my boxes!

Lucas Carrington has dreamed of this day. The day he will get drafted to play for the Patriots. He and his older brother have sacrificed everything to get to this point. So when a twist of fate leads to Lucas being drafted as the new quarterback for the Chicago Bears, he sucks it up and accepts
Nancy Metsch
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** Spoiler Free Review**
Just when I thought I couldn't fall for another charterer Kim Karr write about one that swooned me. Meet Lucas Carrington, who is he you ask? He's the arrogant younger brother of Nick Carrington and soon to be an NFL player.
Lucas Knows what he wants. He has always dreamed of being a Quarterback for the NFL, for any team EXCEPT the Chicago Bears for personal reasons. At this time Lucas is a prime choice for many teams. I just wont say which and I wont say who he wants. H
Johnaka
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot Stuff by Kim Karr
“The Quarterback and the Athletic Trainer, 5 stars”

I love Karr. To me it seems like each book is better than the last. Hot Stuff is so far, my favorite. I adore sports romances so going into this story I knew I was going to enjoy it but I ended up loving it more than I thought I would. She balanced the world of football and love seamlessly.
Gillian has always loved the game of football. Growing up her dad was a hot shot quarterback and grew up on the road with him. All he eve
Lydia H
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS

As always, Kim Karr created a swoon-worthy hero and a strong, relatable heroine from beginning to end. I loved Lucas and Gillian! Loved them individually and even more so as a couple. I loved how much they cared for each other to the point that they were willing to risk everything just to spend time together. Dating the coach's daughter was not just off-limits, but Lucas was essentially risking his career, one he had worked very hard for his entire life. He hadn't ended up where he wan
Rachel
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lucas Carrington entered the NFL draft with one thought in mind: to get out of Chicago. When he is drafted by the one team that won’t move him out of his hometown he goes through a phase that leaves him in danger of being cut from the team.

Gillian Whitney is one of the trainer interns for camp. She lives and breathes football thanks to her father, the head coach. But her father wants her to have a normal life away from the travel and upheaval of a professional sports team.

When Gillian causes a
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Talk about Hot Stuff, this story!! This book was part of a series but can be read as a standalone. I hadn't read the first book and I didn't miss anything from that story to this one. But I did go back and buy book 1 and will be on the lookout for any others in the series!!

I personally love when there is a strong female in the male dominated industry, specifically football. I think that's why I loved this series and Gillian so much.

Lucas is about to live his dreams... He's about to be drafted
Amy
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
“I was the devil wearing a Bear’s jersey. She just didn’t know it yet.”

“There was something about that shier that made my heart beat even faster. Something that made this all the more right–it was the fact that we both craved this, needed this, couldn’t not have it.”

“I felt him trembling. It was the same vibration I felt in my own body. It was raw, real, and undeniable. It was a feeling fueled with such intensity, neither one of us could ignore it.”

There is nothing I love more during football se
Kimberly
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot Stuff by Kim Karr was a wonderful read! Gillian is an athletic trainer intern with the Chicago Bear, who are in summer training camp. Her father used to play football and is now the coach so her entire life has been football.

With plans to head to college when camp is over, she is looking to get as far away from Chicago as planned. But when Gillian accidentally injures the star quarterback, life is about to change in a way she never expected.

Lucas Carrington has always dreamed of the opportun
Tanja Kezmic
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
Everyone how knows me they can tell you I love sports…so it’s only normal that I love reading sport romances.

When I first read the blurb I just knew I’d like it. Now to be completely honest it wasn't an WOW read for me but it
has everything you want and expect in sport romance; talented, sexy, gorgeous hot stuff Lucas and a heroine Gillian who is
Beautiful, funny, smart and loves football as much as Lucas.

What starts off as a secret affair ends up being something neither of them saw coming. The
Anne Milne
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lucas is the next big thing he has a plan and when it falls through it brings Gillian into his life. Things aren’t east he’s the ball player and she works for the team and the rules say they can’t get together.
I liked both Lucas and Gillian they don’t just jump into bed they have a sweet friendship that blossoms. Gillian has a plan for her future but is it one she really wants ? There is drama but it’s emotional the push and pull of expectations over desires.
For me the first part of the story w
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

*ARC*

I love fall because that means two of my favorite sports are back, football and hockey. So obviously as a fan of these sports I am more critical of the books. Now I do have to admit, sometimes Kim Karr is a hit or miss for me, but Hot Stuff was a definite touchdown! For you non-football fans that means it was a hit.

I really enjoyed how you got to understand Lucas’ feeling on why he wasn’t happy where he was at. As the quarterback of the team, you lead the offense to win and if you
Monique
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5🌟's

I love a sports romance, I'm not sure what the dynamics are, but I'm quick to pick one up. It could be the fit bodies, or the dedication to their craft that keeps me hooked. One of the things that appealed to me about this novel was the in depth background on the NFL. I felt that made it more authentic and that I was a part of the team.

This is told in dual POV and there isn't much in the way of secondary characters, what there is, I liked. This meant the main characters had the bulk to ca
Romance Readers Retreat
This is the story of Lucas Carrington, an up and coming football player for the Chicago bears and Gillian Whitney athletic training intern.

To be honest, I don't know a great deal about American Football, so I wasn't too sure what her job entailed and I was also hoping that the football didn't overshadow the actual story. I am pleased to say that the balance was just right in this aspect, however the romance between Lucas and Gillian was for me lacking somewhat.

I didn't feel the chemistry betwe
Lourdes
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
My review has been posted on Shelly's Book Corner

www.goodreads.com/review/show/2123203816
Addicted2Books
review coming soon
Bargain Basement: Signed Paperback of Hot Stuff 1 5 Sep 27, 2017 11:07PM
Reader * Chocolate Lover * Writer * Coffee Lover * Romantic * Beach Lover * Yoga Beginner

Kim Karr is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of eighteen novels. Best known for writing sexy contemporary love stories, she enjoys bringing flawed characters to life.

Her romances are raw, real, and explosive.
Her characters will make you laugh, make you cry, make you feel.
And her happily-ever

Sexy Jerk World (3 books)
  • Sexy Jerk (Sexy Jerk World, #1)
  • Big Shot (Sexy Jerk World, #2)