Start by marking “Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals” as Want to Read:
Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals

Grandma's Dead: Breaking Bad News with Baby Animals

Avoid the messy confrontations that accompany delivering bad news personally and let one of these cute baby animal postcards deliver the devastating message for you.
Are you afraid to tell your girlfriend that her ass looks fat? Do you need to explain to your nephew that dreams don't come true? Why not let a cute, fuzzy bunny do it for you! We understand how hard it is to
Published October 28th 2008 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Grandma's Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grandma's Dead

Michelle
Feb 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: baby animal lovers, bathroom humor lovers
Shelves: olio
I picked this book of postcards up in a new/used book store in Berkeley today and read it in five minutes.

Need I say more?
Peacegal
Mar 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is filled with those soft of soft-focus, generically cute baby animal photos of the sort you may have ordered in poster form from Scholastic Book Club in the second grade. The captions on them, however, are of the decidedly life-shattering sort.

My favorites: A fluffy kitten glances reproachfully from its perch on a piano: “You don’t matter.” Two tabbies frolic among rosebuds to “Dreams don’t come true.” An orange kitten stares directly into the camera: “Recycling won’t help.” A calico
Katie
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
BEST COFFEE TABLE BOOK EVER
Daniel
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, humor
Hilarious. For some reason, I've long thought this book was intended for children. It's probably not well-suited for children unless you really don't like them. In that case, it's definitely for children.
Vince Kozlowski
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed spending $5.00 on this...

Not going to lie, I enjoyed spending $5.00 on this. As a business owner, I found a lot of useful information!
Zoe Right
Mar 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'm in Barnes and Noble the other day- killing time until I have to do some boring chore or appointment or whatever it is I do all day- God only Knows. Also I'm a book junkie- I get actual physical pleasure from seeing all the new books everywhere in their shiny new wrappings.

I'm perusing, I'm perusing...Oh baby animals- always up for some good baby animal pictures. I think it connects with the mommy nerve. It's the only thing I can think of...this is also my Ahhhhh nerve. This is the nerve that
dara
Jan 07, 2009 rated it it was ok
The cover of this book of postcards is priceless. Unfortunately, the postcards within don't measure up. The writing is pretty standard, pessimistic humor, which works but isn't worth the book's price without photographs as adorable as the one on the cover. I love the idea, but the execution didn't satisfy me. Maybe the Internet has spoiled me with its overflowing pages of cuteness, but most of the animals pictured just weren't cute enough. Then again, I'm poor and thrifty; if you have money to s ...more
Mickey DeCicco
Dec 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: just-for-fun
If you've ever had to break it to someone the hard way, do it with adorable pictures of baby animals! Whether it's to administer a diagnosis of syphilis, admitting infidelity, or giving someone a head's up that your mom found your drugs, this book can help. Each page is a postcard that you can mail or present with any relevant legal or medical documents.
Marianne
Jul 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comedy
This book is FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!! I suggest you pick up a copy -- the kind of book that tugs at my twisted soul. You will be quoting this book for at least a week after you read it. ;)

And who could NOT love baby animals? Seriously....
Sophie
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, humor-satire
My sister gave me this for Christmas. She thinks it's hilarious (and I know she's already picking out which ones to send me)... but I didn't think most of them were that funny. And even if I did enjoy them more, I simply can't imagine sending something to mean to anyone I know.
Tammy
Aug 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tammy by: Bradleyb
Shelves: own, humor, comics
So funny, and just too cute! You can't help but smile! :)
Jacquelyn Kessler
Nov 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to pee my pants. This is so funny. Give it as gifts this Christmas.
Denine
Sep 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Took exactly 3 minutes to read. Great postcards to break bad news with cute animals.
Mark Barney
Dec 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Very funny.
Tisha
Dec 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Perhaps the most awesome book ever.
Randy Ebert
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Twisted genius. Just perfect.
Daniel
Feb 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
In a very sick sort of way this is the funniest book I have read in a long time (maybe ever). It's not for everyone but some of you folks will appreciate it for sure.
Jill
Nov 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I just about pissed myself at work while reading it.
Jenny
Oct 23, 2008 rated it liked it
In addition to being really funny, this book provides example after example for those who haven't yet wrapped their minds around the definition of the word "juxtaposition." Or "dissonance."
Steve

• F U, Penguin: Telling Cute Animals What's What
  • Goodnight Bush
  • Animals Talking in All Caps: It's Just What It Sounds Like
  • Overheard in New York: Conversations from the Streets, Stores, and Subways
  • The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification
  • I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes: From The Frontline Of Flatsharing
  • I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar: A Collection of Egregious Errors, Disconcerting Bloopers, and Other Linguistic Slip-Ups
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe