Start by marking “Grind (The Alpha Escort Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Grind (The Alpha Escort Series, #3)

Grind

(The Alpha Escort Series #3)

Dane

I’m silent. I’m trained. I’m lethal.

My hand skimming down your thigh, my gaze a weapon—I know more ways to kill you than please you.

But you’re not paying for my aim. You’re paying for my control. Bringing you a breath away from ecstasy, watching you beg as I hold back your release, I’ll show you exactly what you’ve been missing. Your hunger is my currency and five tho
ebook
Published June 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Grind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grind

Elizabeth (Liz)
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5
Melanie A.
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gah!! So good! It's now official, I'm Sybil Bartel's #1 fan-girl. This was pure trashy dominant alpha awesomeness - it hit all of my buttons and checked all of my boxes!

We first met Irina in Thrust, book 1. She was the the client who had left her husband that Alex couldn't wait to get rid of. The story picks up where Dane comes home early and is on the phone with Alex, wanting to know who's in his house. I loved the cross over portions between the books, they were really well done, and I'd alw
April
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!!!
Cindi
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hands down my favorite in the series. You don't have to read the first two books but I highly suggest that you do. The first one I loved. The second one I was iffy about. This one? Just... wow.

I can’t express how much I loved this book. Had I read it in 2017 when it was published it definitely would’ve been right up there with my favorite books of the year. Dane is just so amazing. Once he sets his sights on Irina she’s all that matters. He has his rough side but he also has the sweet and caring
Jamielee
Jun 05, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf, kink, romance
DNF @ 39%

So I LOVED Book #1. Book #2 was pretty good but Book #3 was a miss for me.

Dane was always the silent deadly damaged Alpha which I normally love but the book kept having him putting down Vega which was the Hero in Book #1. Vega is my favorite Escort/Hero of the series. So every time Dane puts Vega down I am a little offended on behalf of Vega.
I wasn't a fan of Irina when she had her cameo in Book #1 so when she became the Leading Lady in Book #3 it made me *sigh* - so her entire stor
Bella'
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Si olvido la cuestión de tiempo, porque caray, todo de un día a otro y luego solo una semana más...
Como sea, me gustó la historia porque fue diferente en cuestión de la protagonista.
Nikki
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OhMyGod! How is possible that these alpha crazed books always rock my world but then somehow the next one is always do much more. I never think they could be topped, but she does it every stinkin time. Alpha, hot, and hellacrazy men drive me crazy. And Dane, Oh. My. Gawd. He just stole the freaking cake and ran with it. These kind of men always break me. I mean hot, sexy, alpha, rugged, deadly, and all together an amazing guy wrapped up in one package, um, yes please!

The way he was with Irina s
Julie
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just loved Grind.
Dane is a one time only stud, he's a hard killer who's serious about his work and he never changes his mind about a woman, he'll use you once for a ton of money then your done, goodbye. He finds his life interrupted though when he returns home to find one of Vegas' girls waiting, that does not make him happy.
Irina has escaped from an abusive relationship, a relationship that she knew was wrong, that had humiliated her and finally broke her. Dane can see she needs help, but
Jaime Ryter
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grind

I had no idea what to expect with Grind, but Sybil Bartel did it again! She has such a way of drawing you into the story and keeping you engaged throughout. I thought Dane Marek would be a hard character to write, but she developed him nicely and even more so with Irina.

I loved this series and can't wait for more!
Lisa Mandina
Aug 08, 2017 marked it as dnf
Just not my type of story. Not bad, just not one I would read with so many other things I want to read.
Jody
Readers will find themselves on a roller coaster ride of emotions with this erotically-charged tale teeming with suspense as two bruised souls find comfort, acceptance, and a place to call home in each other's arms. It's a tale that's atmospheric, a tale that shows readers the depravity of some men's souls, but ultimately gives us hope. On a whole it's a tale that kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish and leaves me wanting more as there's lots of intrigue left to explore.

Irina was
Jae
I so wanted to 5-star this one. But the fact that they had unprotected sex just merely hours after meeting eachother just threw me off.

I know that this was supposed to be a very dirty kinda romance but the ungloved loving between strangers, NO. I don't need that kind of edge in my life.
Claudia González
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
No me encantó. quizás tenía altas expectativas por los dos anteriores, pero la verdad este no fue mi favorito. Dane es demasiado críptico para mi gusto, no logré meterme en su vida y por ende sus acciones me parecían sin fundamento. es entretenido, si, pero nada memorable.
Claire
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

Phew! Someone get me a cold shower! Sybil Bartel is definitely a writer I am learning to love, and how can I not when she writes these hot alpha males who are beasts in bed, and have no apologies for the things they do out of bed. Cripes, for a girl that has a weakness for bad boys these books are pretty much perfect.

In Grind we take a closer look at Dane, we’ve briefly met him in the previous books but when he stalks onto the page in Grind we
Loren
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Very mature content with intense sexual situations and violence. The third installment in the Thrust series features Dane. As is the case with the previous books, he is ex-marine, hot and deadly, and a high-priced male escort. There’s nothing subtle about Dane, and his filthy mouth alone might turn you on. As a $5,000 per client escort, he has one unbending rule – no repeats. One time only means no strings, just the way he wants it. He wants his privacy and solitude, just him and his dog, Hunter ...more
Layna
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on Ctrl, Alt, Books!

The Thrust series is one of my favorite reads this year. Grind was a highly enthralling read. It was gritty, suspenseful and sexy as hell. It is written in such a way that you really get into the character’s head. You can’t help but feel such deep emotion for these people. Yes, they have had a horrible past but they are trying their best to move forward with their lives.

Ctrl, Alt Books!
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Grind isn’t as light hearted as the other novels are, not that the other books in the series can really be considered light hea
Avril
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Edited: YASS, Dane! Yaass! I've never waited so long for a man before. God. Damn. Worth the wait. But when do I get Mr. Luna, tho?

DANE!

Sweet golden baby Jesus.

My body is ready, Okay? Ready.

Give him to me!
Lissanne
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the last of the Alpha Escorts series and by far the most intense. Dane Marek is an ex-marine who acts as a mercenary during the day (including killing, if that’s what he’s paid to do) and an escort at night. Unlike Alex and Jared, he won’t see a woman more than once. He just wants the release that sex gives him and if he’s getting paid big bucks for it? All the better.

He gets home early from one of his clients as a hurricane is about to hit Miami, only to find a young, white blonde woman
Gemma Weir
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There's no denying I'm a huge fan of this author. In my opinion she's never written a bad book.

I was really excited for Grind. Danes character got me tingling in all the right places even from the brief teasers I'd seen.

Gah this book!!!

I finished it in the blink of an eye and truthfully I think it might be Sybil's best book so far.

This isn't a fairy tale love story. This isn't a boy meets girl, falls in love and lives happily ever after story.

This story is Sybil Bartel shining and writing what s
Brigitte
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first encounter with this author's work and boy what a story! I was quite entranced by the writing style as much as the storyline.

Dane is ex Marine. He likes working solo but supports his friends and vice versa. His work is dangerous and his reprieve is sex. He gets paid. No repeat. One night only.

Irina is married to Viktor, an arm dealer. She has been conditioned into submission since she was eighteen years of age. Getting away from him is more or less impossible! She takes a chanc
Liz Gavin
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unputdownable series

First book I read in this series, Thrust, I thought I would never root for a mercenary/escort. I was SO wrong. Ms. Bartel’s engaging style and the drool-worthy alpha males she presents us made me fall for them and left me wanting for more, in the best sense possible. Out of the three books, Jared’s story (Rough) is still my favorite, but they’re neck-to-neck. The three of them.

Each novel is a standalone and although a reader may follow the storyline without having to read th
Michaelene
“A caged bird never flies.”

Grind is the first book I’ve read by Sybil Bartel. From other reviews, I got the feeling this author’s books would be gritty and hyper-sensual with an edge of danger. It was so much more. Yay for another one-click author!

I originally wanted to read this title because of the twist of it. Other books in the series have male escorts, although Dane’s a bit different. He puts many of his skills for sale, and the story’s equally dark and addictive. I couldn’t look away.

Dane
Claudia Blanton
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grind starts very graphic – and I don’t mean in the action or bloody department. There are no pretense, from the beginning that this book is sexually explicit, and while I don’t have – obviously – much of a problem with reading erotica novels, I was taken back, as most books usually are not that much in your face in the first few paragraphs – heck it did not wait until the second page! So my first impression was not the most pleasant one, but I stuck with it, and I am glad that I did.

While Grind
Lee Piper
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not many people would describe the relationship between a hired gun and an abused submissive as beautiful. Luckily, I'm not most people. But if there is one word which encapsulates the complexity of Dane and Irina's relationship, it is this.

For the record, I love Bartel's commentary on beauty. You see, according to the hero, Dane, Irina is never more beautiful than when he first sees her, and I mean, really sees her. She is on his kitchen floor, broken, hurt and confused. But he looks past this.
Caroline F
Gah! I absolutely love this author!!

“Dane Marek wasn’t a problem solver. He was my savior.”

Dane Marek is a loner. Mysterious and dangerous, he’s a gun for hire and also an occasional escort. He NEVER does repeats for either line of work.

“You’re beautiful and broken and the strongest woman I know.”

Irina Tsarko Fedorov is in trouble. She’s on the run, only to find herself in bigger trouble when she meets Dane.

“She was no longer the inconvenience I’d encountered an hour ago. She was a f*cking disas
Kim Markett
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: iscream-book
This book is so Alpha I think my husband’s balls got bigger just by me owning a copy. I think my chair will forever hold a permanent wet spot from me reading this steamy, dominating and sex fueled erotic story.

Dane is a beautiful but freighting man with an intense gaze and rippling perfectly cut muscles. He commands with his presences and his authoritative words. He is a killer and he dangerous but he loves just as dangerously.

Irina wants out of a deal she made with a devil and Dane steps into
Jo
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dane's story is slightly different than that of Alex or Jared.  Yes, there's the sex for money, but as an aside, rather than the primary job.  What difference does that make?  Probably (ultimately) very little to be honest.  But it does set the scene for Dane and his more reserved approach.

Whilst in a lot of ways, I enjoyed this more than the previous books, given the added storyline involving Irena's husband, I think that it's  precisely because Dane is so buttoned up, that the connection with
Kj
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this is the last of Sybil Bartel’s books . I have been on a binge of her books for the last 2 weeks and loved them all. I’ve read every series and book I can find by her. Her alpha characters were the best . This book was about Dane Marek and Irina. I went into this book hating Irina with a passion. In Alex’s book , alpha escort book 1, Irina was one of Alex’s clients . Several things made me hate her . We found out she was married but was still seeing Alex weekly. She was portrayed as a soil ...more
Juliana Philippa
(2.5 stars)
This book was definitely a disappointment. I have read probably 5+ Sybil Bartel books thus far and generally speaking, she's a pretty steady hit for me—somewhat surprisingly so, since I don't like insta-lust/insta-love books and that is basically the definition of her plot setups. Lol, I don't know, for some reason she makes it work for me.

Books 1 and 2 in this series are great and I highly recommend them: Thrust (my review) and Rough (my review). Thrust is sexy as all hell—seriou
  • Defining Us: The Calvin & Eric Story (69 Bottles, #6)
  • In the Beginning
  • The Rest Is Illusion
  • Jasper's Mountain
  • The Statue
  • Conversations with S. Teri O'Type (a Satire)
  • Bashed
  • Gypsy Blood
  • For the Clan
  • Pros & Cons of Vengeance (Pros & Cons #1)
  • Stalking You Now
  • Oliver (This is Our Life Series #3)
  • The Departed (The Departed Series #1)
  • Shifters and Glyphs (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #2)
  • The Year of the Knife
  • Zombie Boyz
  • Fate of the Stars
  • A Gay Romance (A Gay Series #1)
Sybil grew up in Northern California with her head in a book and her feet in the sand. She used to dream of becoming a painter but the heady scent of libraries with their shelves full of books about wistful summer days and first loves drew her into the world of storytelling.

Sybil now resides in Southern Florida and while she doesn't get to read as much as she likes, she still buries her toes in t

The Alpha Escort Series (3 books)
  • Thrust (The Alpha Escort Series, #1)
  • Rough (The Alpha Escort Series, #2)