Start by marking “Dark Tomorrow” as Want to Read:
Dark Tomorrow

Dark Tomorrow

When a deadly virus decimates the majority of Earth's population, 16-year-old Sawyer Bradshaw finds he is both immune and alone in a world that has descended into violent chaos. Armed with only his estranged father's shotgun, and an unrelenting desire to stay alive, Sawyer discovers that he not only has an uncanny knack for cheating death, but also for taking lives. Still, ...more
Published September 18th 2018 by Month9Books

To ask other readers questions about Dark Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Tomorrow

D.M.
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark tomorrow is a post-apocalyptic story about Sawyer and Sara. A virus broke out and wiped out most of the population. Sawyer lost everyone that meant anything to him. Now he is willing to do anything to survive. Food is scarce and finding water is essential. He trusts nobody and has learnt to get by on his own. The world is cruel and only the fittest survive.

Sara is lucky enough to still have her dad, Jacob. Their relationship is pushed to the limits when they are forced to leave their home
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I will start by saying that whatever you do, don't start to read this right before bedtime because once you start you won't be able to put it down as that's what happened to me and so I read it until I reached the last page.

The author's worldbuilding is so realistic that you are immediately transported into the middle of this post-apocalyptic world that has been decimated by a virus and you can practically hear the ever-present crows.

Sawyer, Sara, and Mason are truly a force to be reckoned with
La La - Everyone's Crazy Aunt
I solidly liked this book. The story kept me turning pages, although as other reviewers pointed out there was some bland filler content that needed to be extracted and spent on developing the characters more, but it had good bones. It was a fresher take on dystopic, and the story bordered on the Horror genre a few times. I also felt a bit of a Western vibe to it, too. This was the author's debut, so I am certainly interested in reading his next offering.

One thing I want to mention is, I see it h
Megan
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark Tomorrow is a post apocalyptic story about surviving the harsh world after a virus killed most of the world's population.

Sawyer and Sara are our main characters. Sawyer has lost everyone and his only priority is surviving. He doesn't care who he has to step on. He is in it all for himself. Sara still has her father and will do anything to ensure they both live. Sara and her dad must leave their home to find food.

This book is a bit dark. But I feel like it realistically portrays a post apo
Jacob Hogge
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Summary
The story takes a dark turn for tomorrow. Placed in an America ravaged by an unnamed virus, teens Sawyer and Sara struggle to live from day to day. Author Jeremiah Franklin has created a desolate post-apocalyptic world full of conspiracies that seem to reveal the fragility of human life.

Good Things:
• I love the third person omniscient telling of the story. It helps keep the story on track, rather than trailing away in the random thoughts of characters.
• Great symbolism; the crows are a pu
Esther
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn in by the cover but the writing kept me going. I am not a particular for post apocalyptic stories but this one seemed a bit different. It focused more on the people and how they were dealing with the aftermath than the event itself.

I was intrigued by the back and forth of both Sawyer and Sara/Jacob's storylines. Sara strong will drives me through the story. I connect with her as a strong female and want to read on to see if she would succeed. Her tumotulous relationship with her fath
Hannah Michaels
It took me a while to get into this book, probably around 30%. Sawyer and Sara with have their respective journeys to go on, and eventually, it brings them together. Several parts of this book were intriguing, like mysterious guests and the motives of some characters, and it kept you going into the next chapter. There are several parts in this book that just felt like “filler” material, where there’s no description of anything besides “weeks pass”. Also, the author uses the words “suddenly” and ...more
Steve
Nov 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
*** - A solid post-apocalyptic survival story with some good characters, plot, and themes. The author writes in an easy style and has created interesting characters that come across as realistic. In this story, the adults are the problem and the young people are the one who, with wisdom and resilience, navigate the complete conditions of the environment and the interpersonal complexities that threaten existence and relationships. I would have liked to had a bit more suspense and tension in the s ...more
Madelyn  Murnane
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The setting is set in a post disease world where only the immune and the strong survive. Sawyer and Sara survive somehow in what is now their world by relying on their instincts and skills to survive. This world is full of death cults, secrets and unknowns as Sawyer and Sara try to survive on their own as everyone they once knew and cared about eventually leaves also to piece together how this world came to be.

I love this book. There were nights when I couldn't put it down and was so intrigued b
Tammy
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Post apocalyptic. These are some of my favorite reads. I like them when they are about survival and not just one group after another (cough, cough TWD currently). The fact that the main characters are young adults just adds to it for me. Sawyer was my favorite. He really worked at surviving and surviving well while Sara just seemed to be angry most of the time. The ending was a bit open for me and didn't end as neat as I would have liked. Seemed like there should have been more closure even if t ...more
Michelle
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Dark Tomorrow is a post-apocalyptic action story filled with dark twists and turns. Solid world building pairs with characters that are forced into life and death situations on nearly every page. While I liked the story overall- the content is far too mature for the audience it’s marketed to. Killing for survival is one thing-multiple attempted rapes aren’t necessary and were handled poorly. It was disheartening to see how little the father was affected by his daughter being attacked.
Sara
Steve Weber
Jodi Hassel
Mood Reader
Goodreads Librari...: Please update book 3 15 Feb 01, 2018 05:34PM
Jeremiah Franklin is a former private investigator, arm-chair survivalist, and author of the Dark Tomorrow trilogy. When he is not creating thrilling post-apocalyptic worlds, or discussing himself in the third person, the author enjoys reading, staying active, and spending time outdoors with family and friends. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, a Master’s Degree in Education, and several ...more