Start by marking “Lonely Planet Canada (Travel Guide)” as Want to Read:
Lonely Planet Canada (Travel Guide)

Lonely Planet Canada

(Lonely Planet)

Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher

Lonely Planet Canada is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike the Rockies, marvel at the Northern Lights, or indulge in cultural delights from Montreal's cafe culture to the island villages of Haida Gwaii; all with your trusted trav

Published April 1st 2017 by Lonely Planet (first published March 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Lonely Planet Canada, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lonely Planet Canada

Start your review of Lonely Planet Canada (Travel Guide)
Kirsty
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel, january-2018
As ever, another fantastic Lonely Planet publication. My only qualm is that the pull-out map is for Vancouver rather than Toronto, the city which I visited, but there is so much information here, and so many recommendations of places to visit. I will definitely look forward to reading it again on future trips to Canada.
Autumn Jean
It was a nice guide book - I would have liked one central pull out map or visual aides. I did like the detail of pricing and both famous & lesser known places to visit.
Ruby_blue
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: itchy-feet
Lonely Planet Guides are the best! I've used them for my own out-of-country travels and thought I'd see what they had to say about my own. The contributors did an excellent job! In fact, they gave a few recommendations that made me inwardly cringe: "Don't tell everyone! Think of the lines!"
I came away with fresh inspiration to explore my own backyard this year.
Marc
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel-guidebook
I did not find that this guide did Canada justice. Maybe due to the fact that I am from Canada and have been fortunate enough to have traveled across the entire country I was hoping for more. Mind you, I did not use this book as a traveler. An Australian friend of mine asked me to look at his copy and tell me whether it was worth while having on his cross-Canada road trip.
Lia
Dec 21, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i only got this because i needed the section on montreal. although i understand the guide is about canada as a whole and not just montreal or quebec, but it let me down. i still recommend lonely planet guides.
Martin Witchard
It's new (as I write) and seems an improvement over the last Lonely Planet guide I purchased on Canada back in 1996. I'm not sure about the addition of colour to the product. When I have had a more comprehensive read of the guide I'll let you know how it stacks up. ...more
Meor
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
useful! but my edition was older.
Itzy Vitzy
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Util
Kristin
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great companion to take along on a vacation. It provides information on towns and cities right across Canada including popular restaurants, parks, museums, landmarks and hotels.
Melanie
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ch-2012, i-own, travel
As usual with Lonely Planet, this guide gives you all the information you need if you want to travel around in Canada. Or if you trying to find the motivation to do so. (DO IT)
Tim Nowotny
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When have you read a travel guide?
I planed our summer trip with this one and have the feeling to know everything there is to know. We will see in summer if that is so.
Mike
Oct 04, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I read an earlier version, but this book totally saved my tail when I ventured too far north a few summers ago.
Theo
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Canada better place than any world so far i have seen or heard.
Delhi Irc
Location: ND6 IRC
Accession No: DL027437
Shelly
Dec 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I use this book all the time. Even if you live in Canada it's great when people come visit or if you find yourself in a new city. ...more
Miquixote
Can't wait to go back! F-U Coronavirus! ;) ...more
Misty
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written overview of each province. Lots of good information for your Canadian adventure!
Mark
Aug 14, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lonely Planet Books are indispensable, I just wish they were better at referencing the map in the text, and the page ref from the map key.
Andrew
Ronald Michalsky
Sep 17, 2012

• The Binding
  • The Removed
  • India (Lonely Planet Country Guide)
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • North American Lake Monsters
  • The Only Good Indians
  • The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups
  • The Amber Spyglass
  • The Subtle Knife
  • The Netherlands (Lonely Planet Guide)
  • Dubai
  • I, Claudius (Claudius, #1)
  • Lonely Planet's Ultimate Travel: Our List of the 500 Best Places to See... Ranked
OUR STORY
A beat-up old car, a few dollars in the pocket and a sense of adventure. In 1972 that’s all Tony and Maureen Wheeler needed for the trip of a lifetime – across Europe and Asia overland to Australia. It took several months, and at the end – broke but inspired – they sat at their kitchen table writing and stapling together their first travel guide, Across Asia on the Cheap. Within a week th

Lonely Planet (1 - 10 of 413 books)
  • Bad Lands (Lonely Planet)
  • Lonely Planet Portugal (Travel Guide)
  • Lonely Planet Paris (Travel Guide)
  • Lonely Planet The World: A Traveller's Guide to the Planet
  • National Parks of America (Lonely Planet)
  • Lonely Planet Scotland (Travel Guide)
  • Lonely Planet Banff, Jasper and Glacier National Parks (Travel Guide)
  • Lonely Planet Sicily (Travel Guide)
  • Lonely Planet Mexico (Travel Guide)

News & Interviews