Start by marking “Sparks Fly (A Light in the Dark #1)” as Want to Read:
Sparks Fly (A Light in the Dark #1)

Sparks Fly

(A Light in the Dark #1)

Calina Cabhair, a sixteen-year-old high school junior is trying to figure out what to do with the rest of her life. For her, deciding a path is no simple task. All that is pushed aside, however, when Calina accidentally falls through a portal that transports her to a land called Kollosnia. Calina is amazed by the new world, but she has little time to savor it, as she finds ...more
Published June 21st 2017 by Sea Dragon Press

To ask other readers questions about Sparks Fly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sparks Fly

Start your review of Sparks Fly (A Light in the Dark #1)
Chess Desalls
Aug 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club, fantasy, indie
A solid, entertaining read! I enjoyed the dual MCs and dimensions. There are hints of Avatar here, along with themes of growing in strength and the power of choice. I thought the twists were good and showed how well the author had a handle on her various characters' motivations.
Stewart Hoffman
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Sparks Fly, though I don’t think this was necessarily designed for this male geek in his mid-forties! As such, I found myself less interested in the will-they-won’t-they relationship angles, and more fascinated by the dimensional world building, and the concept of a ‘savior’ trained from birth to tackle the forces of evil. Some of those latter elements were not developed as much as I would have liked, but I still appreciated this professionally written debut novel from Kadian Thomas.
C.A. King
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-quills
Review to follow in Books & Quills Magazine. ...more
Devon Matthews
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book Sparks Fly captured me from the very first chapter, I was able to fully imagine the events of the book as a movie in my head during my experience, which always left me wanting more every time I left off to start a new chapter. The experience of reading the book is comparable to watching your most coveted show on Hulu or Netflix and desperately waiting to see what's going to happen next.

With a healthy mix of creativity, suspense, character development, and plot structure, Sparks Fly deli
Books & Quills Magazine
"I love the idea of alternating between the two girls and seeing both of their struggles to end up on the side of the portal they were meant to be. Later on, we are given a third perspective, which in some books would be confusing, but here, I believe it works well." -C.A. King

Read the full review here: https://booksandquillsmag.com/sparks-...
Dashana Minto
Jun 15, 2017
Devon Matthews
May 18, 2017
Steph (stephaniebookish)
Jun 14, 2017
Kadian Thomas
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Maike
Karen Thompson
Debee Sue
Sally
Jun 29, 2017
Kadian Thomas is the author of the, Light in the Dark Young Adult trilogy series. Her debut novel Sparks Fly is set to be released in 2017, (June 21st), Lightning and Fire (DATE TBA), and A Flash of Darkness (DATE TBA). Kadian has been living in Mount Vernon, New York for the past five years, but grew up in Jamaica.

Growing up in an inner city community in Kingston, Jamaica, Kadian lived a sheltere