Start by marking “A Buckhorn Baby (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
A Buckhorn Baby (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.5)

A Buckhorn Baby

(Buckhorn Brothers #5.5)

A sizzling new Buckhorn Brothers novella from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster

If there's one thing headstrong bookstore owner Amber Hudson knows, it's how to get what she wants. And what she wants most is for Noel Poet, the hottest firefighter in Buckhorn, Kentucky, to finally admit they have a future together. But when life throws her an unexpected curv

Published June 1st 2017 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about A Buckhorn Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Buckhorn Baby

Start your review of A Buckhorn Baby (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.5)
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Buckhorn Baby was Lori Foster’s ninth book in the Buckhorn Brothers series. It was another short and sweet novella.

Amber Hudson had been a staple character in every offspring book so far. She was a meddler, mostly in a good way, giving the necessary“shove out of the nest” so to speak for some of our favorite recent couples. We knew she was hot for Noel, her brother Garret’s fellow fireman, but we didn’t know the extent to their flirting and/or relationship until now.

Noel Poet was a fairly new
Anita
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This delightful romance and Buckhorn novella about the Hudson family is perfectly balanced. This novella was a quick read or, for me, listen, and just wonderful.

Amber Hudson had been dating Noel Poet for several months and is looking for more of a commitment from the handsome, hot firefighter or, at the least, she wants to know how he feels about marriage and having children - eventually, of course. Amber has it all planned out. Well, you know how well that can go, right.

Noel is the first to thr
Christa
I'm not sure how to rate this book. I didn't realize it was a novella. So after I figured out I wasn't a super speed reader (it was on my kindle, no page numbers), I was a little disappointed. I haven't read any of the other books in the series, so the other characters who have clearly had a full length novel were not that important to me.

The writing wasn't bad, and there was a very funny momentat the start that had me laughing.

I'll probably read another book by the author, maybe the start of
Jewlsbookblog
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nosy and over-protective family members abound as Amber and Noel butt heads over their future while an unexpected, but sweet, addition to the family is melting hearts left and right. A Buckhorn Baby is a cute addition to the Buckhorn series..I just wish it was a full length story!
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Fast & Satisfying Read

I love revisiting Buckhorn and seeing past characters. I especially enjoyed Amber finally getting her HEA with Noel.

A Buckhorn Baby was a quick, sweet & sexy read.
Michele A.
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Amber and Noel have been seeing each other casually for a while. Amber decides she wants more and tries to persuade Noel (I am being kind in saying persuade) that they could have more. She claims not to want marriage but even she knows she is lying. Noel doesn't like to be strong-armed by anyone, including Amber. She was kind of overbearing at times and didn't even own it. When Noel tells her how he feels about children, she immediately gets her hackles up and doesn't question as to why he feels ...more
Maura
Sue
5 Stars for Buckhorn Baby
I fell in love with this family from book one (Sawyer) and each book makes me love them even more.

Ms. Foster did a fantastic job with Amber and Noel. Without giving anything away but just saying, my heart just melted through the whole book. I can't tell you how perfect Amber's character was written. The bonus was getting to visit with the whole family.

Absolutely another amazing addition to The Buckhorn's. Thank you Ms. Foster for this family. With each new book, I go bac
Darcy
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect with this one, Amber has been the force behind this generations matches, not sure there was going to be someone that could stand up to her. Noel was good right up until he spilled his secret, which turns out was a deal breaker for Amber. I wasn't sure that I wanted him to be able to explain things away, turns out he had good reasons for why, but his actions were better than his words. I loved seeing him create a special bond, one that seemed to confuse even himself, ...more
Donna
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely story

Loved this story! But Lori, you can't leave me hanging like this! I want to read more about Amber, Noel and June Bug. Please revisit them. Tell us about their wedding and how they grow together as a family.
Ellen Anderson
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's been awfully long since we have been to Buckhorn

Seems like forever since I've read a Lori Foster book of an kind,and even longer for a Buckhorn book. Somethings change, but never the great writing style of Ms Foster. From the first page to the last, she be we let's down.
Nancy
I didn't realize this was a novella, so I went in expecting a full length novel where I could get to know the two main characters. That didn't happen.
I thought I'd accidentally clicked further ahead in my kindle.
I don't know, I don't think I'll be reading more of this series.
Jamoz23
Jun 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Sad plot that brings baby June into Ambers life.
Felt it was lacking discussion and romance between Amber and Noel.
Amber has been pretty much an interfering pest in previous books. She is forgiven by everyone as they have their HEA’s.
I never cared much for Amber in the previous stories, so I wasn't all that bothered about reading her book but I do like to finish a series.
I liked Noel and how he was able to stand up to Ambers machinations.
He was also able to admit he had been wrong in stating he d
Joycee
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romances-read
Short but sweet (and spicy at times).

Although it is sad that June Bug (the titular Buckhorn baby) lost her mother, she couldn’t have found more devoted and loving adoptive parents than Amber and Noel.

There was just enough angst, and the resolution and revelations were timely. Kudos to Amber for focusing on the good instead of dwelling on the bad that wouldn’t change situations anyway.
Michelle Graves
May 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
It's 2 short again!! It is really good but it's also sad about what happened. But it was good as usual how the family pulled 2gether 2 help in any way possible. But it's kinda funny how he figured out her plan at the beginning and kinda worked it toward his benefit.
Jessica
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 This couple was worth a full length novel. Bummed they didn't get one
Megan
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I swear Lori Foster never disappoints me! These "benefit books" she has been doing each summer are always fun, and the profits go to such a great cause! Plus, who doesn't want more of those Buckhorn boys (and girls!)?

Amber Hudson is the daughter of Morgan and Misty from the original Buckhorn series. She is vivacious, outgoing, and constantly meddling in her family's business. As they all do to her. She owns a bookstore, and she's become quite the successful matchmaker for her brother and cousins
Jo Mock
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No great love than a child’s

This was a easy read and heart touching. Buckhorn characters are realistic ones. Sometimes I like a book that is not a “think” book.
Christine
Pin the Tail on the Romance time! My TBR list is at 440 of 1489 books, so I spun the magic random number generator app to get book #548: A Buckhorn Baby by Lori Foster

Why Was This In My TBR:Got it on sale and it has been languishing in my TBR ever since

Is It Part of A Series: Amber is the daughter of Misty who is married to Sheriff Morgan Hudson (Morgan).

Rating: Short and sweet but this also felt rather phoned in. Everyone in Buckhorn knows that Amber and Noel are sleeping together and that Ambe
Nate Brightman
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I gave this one 4 stars but really it's hard to rate a story that comes in at less than 100 pages. And really after being a major secondary character in so many of her cousins books in this series didn't Amber deserve a real book of her own? The cynic in me wants to believe Ms. Foster was just trying to go to the well one more time and capitalize on this now 17 year old series which has been very successful for her for a guaranteed pay out. I should know, since I've read every book in the series ...more
Marcie Robinson
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lori Foster’s “A Buckhorn Baby” is about family. How family is there to support you no matter what life throws at you. And for Amber Hudson it’s the surprise of baby June.

Amber is the matchmaker of the family and she believes Noel Poet is her match. She knows what she wants for her life and isn’t shy about going for it. And if that means losing Noel because of the sudden appearance of baby June, then so be it.
Noel is the perfect match for Amber. He’s no pushover and doesn’t let her steamroll him
Gloriamarie
Jun 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: contemporary, ptsd
Read this as part of the on-going project to establish a booklist for a friend's group, adult children of parents with PTSD.

I am disappointed in a couple of things. Noel Poet, our hero, clearly has PTSD, and I am truly sick and tired of the facile way romance writers, including Foster, treat this subject. In too many romance novels where a character has PTSD, the author resolves it through the love of a good woman and PTSD is just not that simple. In this case, it is not the love of a good woman
Tina Louise
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
Last week, I decided to take a trip back to Buckhorn and started with rereading Sawyer, Morgan, Gabe and Jordan's books. Then I finally read Casey and Emma's story, Lisa, Shohn, Garrett and Adam. The finale was the latest release A Buckhorn Baby which I read in record time, because I couldn't put it down.

Amber played matchmaker for her cousins and her brother and did a perfect job of it, but when it came to her own love life, she was out of sorts. She found the perfect man in her fire fighter N
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋
Amber is a take charge sort of woman and Noel wants to change that and show her it’s ok to let someone else take charge sometimes. Amber loves Noel but doesn’t want to admit her feelings cause she thinks the man should say it first.
Being a firefighter Noel’s life is in danger every time they get a call.

Amber wants kids and a family but Noel doesn’t . But Amber gets the surprise of her life when something happens to one of her friends and she becomes a guardian.
Which makes her really rude to Noel
Diane Dudzik
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great short story that brings us back to the world of Buckhorn and the next generation. The wonderful thing about this book is there are a few cameos of prior Buckhorn characters which only add to the depth of the story.

This story revolves around everyone's favorite interferer, Amber, and her love interest Noel. These two have been circling each other in the other books of this series but finally it is time for their story! What a story it is! Tragedy, hope, miscommunication, communica
Veronica Rivera
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another Lori Foster, can you tell I was on a kick? This is the last one that needed reading. Finally Amber gets her story with Noel. Problem is that Noel won't cooperate, he sees all her tricks and games but he will not be controlled.

Destiny's a tricky thing though, and it is about to throw Amber and Noel for a loop. A life changing loop that will change both their lives for the better.

Amber becomes an unexpected mother when her friend dies in an accident and she just swings with it. Noel never
Princess Thuy
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Short and sweet with a little bit of hotness thrown in. I absolutely love Lori Foster's Buckhorn series and these benefit novellas she writes to help a no-kill animal shelter are just so amazing. If the cover is enough to melt your heart then this story will definitely make you a gooey mess. Noel and Amber finally get their story told but there are a few surprises that made it seem like they wouldn’t reach their HEA. But they did and the journey there was just so wonderful. A definite must read ...more
Amanda
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So far hands down my favorite book of the series! It had my emotions on high alert, but also had its funny moments as well.
Noel got more than he bargained for with Amber but he went in full throttle without a second glance. Finding out that Noel didn’t want kids wasn’t really a shocker nor was the fact that he turned to putty in June Bug’s hands. Amber I felt handled everything that happened extremely well, it takes a strong person to hold things together like she does.

I absolutely loved this n
Christina Montminy
Another sweet, wonderful addition to the Buckhorn series. Amber's book is one I've been waiting for, it's been fun watching Amber meddle in her family's love lives but now it's her turn. Noel is the sexy, hot firefighter that Amber's been in love with for a while. Now her life is changing with one phone call & it's not looking like it something that Noel will be going along with or will he. Lori Foster's Buckhorn series always leaves you with a great feeling. ...more
Sarah Lehman
Shelves: owned
I loved going back to Buckhorn & visiting the family again. It was fun having the focus on Amber & Noel. Amber was her usual sassy, in control person.

Noel is a firefighter that works with Amber's brother Garrett & Amber owns & runs a bookstore in Buckhorn Kentucky. I don't want to give too much away, but I loved this story. It was great to see the family still as close as ever, helping out when necessary. And to see Amber & Noel finally get their happy ever after.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5)
  • Heat Exchange (Boston Fire, #1)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Controlled Burn (Boston Fire, #2)
  • Down & Dirty (Men of Haven #6)
  • Stand & Deliver (Men of Haven, #5)
  • Blind Faith (The Jigsaw Files Book 3)
  • Razor's Edge (Shadow Stalkers #1)
  • Handle with Care (Veteran Movers #3)
  • Fully Ignited (Boston Fire, #3)
  • The Marriage Merger (Marriage to a Billionaire, #4)
  • Always on My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • The Bastard's Bargain (The O'Malleys, #6)
  • The Wedding Pact (The O'Malleys, #2)
  • Catch a Mate
  • Hot Pursuit (Black Knights Inc., #11)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • Once in a Blue Moon (Blessings, Georgia, #10)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds from t

Buckhorn Brothers (5 books)
  • Sawyer (Buckhorn Brothers, #1)
  • Morgan (Buckhorn Brothers, #2)
  • Gabe (Buckhorn Brothers, #3)
  • Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
  • Casey (Buckhorn Brothers, #5)