Start by marking “Not Cinderella's Type (Modern Fairy Tales #1)” as Want to Read:
Not Cinderella's Type (Modern Fairy Tales #1)

Not Cinderella's Type

(Modern Fairy Tales #1)

Indy Zimmerman has a new stalker who won't leave her alone, no matter what she says to him. Never mind the fact that he's one of the most popular guys at school—she’s positive Bryant Bailey is only trying to appease his own conscience after pretty much destroying her life. But when Bryant doesn't back down and insists on having some sort of bizarre friendship with her, his ...more
Published March 29th 2017 by Serenity Brooke Press (first published February 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Not Cinderella's Type, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Cinderella's Type

Norah Una Sumner

The guy she's been kissing with tells her to give this other boy a chance because it might be good for her and because things are getting waaay too serious between them and she says "sure". She is reporting how her kisses with the other guy felt to the first guy.

Just... WHAT?!

I have nothing else to say. Well, I don't want to say anything because I'll get frustrated.
Jenni James
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
She's finally here. My modern take on Cinderella... and wow! I love this book so much. It hit a little too close to home, but I think it turned out even better than I first imagined.

And the coolest thing? My hubby and publisher secretly worked together to get this book released today: Feb 22, my birthday to surprise me! I have awesome people around me! I feel so blessed. And such a fun surprise. :)

I hope you love the book!
Paige  Bookdragon
I take everything back. This book is not for me. The lines were cheesy. The heroine is weird. The hero talks like he's a therapist and nope. I'm done.

Faith M:)
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Hmmm... This was interesting.

Stats-

Romance- Definitely a lot of romance in this book. The main theme- after all, it is a contemporary/romance.
Detailed/semi-detailed kisses; snuggling; hugging; hand-holding; romantic thoughts; cheating on her boyfriend for another boy; mentions of making out with someone and getting pregnant (didn’t happen, but is mentioned in the book as a false accusation); etc.

Content/violence- Everything mentioned above. ⬆ The main character, Indy, is emotionally abused b
Nana bNana
MORE LIKE A RANT:

DNF: 42%

Gah!!! Nu-uh. No. Nope.

description

This book is bad. It was around 10 in the evening and I was almost half in the book until I found myself laughing. Giggling like a lunatic, until I blurted out that I can't believe that I was actually reading such a horrible book. I know right? I do sound batshit-crazy.

When I saw the title of the book the "Cinderella" part got me hooked. I love any Cinderella-esque story whether its a retelling of the fairytale in a fantasy, sci-fi, dystopian or in
Kathy
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
This is of course a modern day retelling of Cinderella. I really like the story-line. Yes it is a contemporary young adult novel but it feels far more fairy tale instead of reality. I really enjoyed it but had to suspend a little disbelief in order to do so. Bryant was just too good to be true. Not sure I've ever met a high school junior as mature and self sacrificing as he is. This is a quick read that made me smile.

Content: Clean
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Spuffed
The only reason this book got 2 stars instead of 1 is because the author can actually write. Unfortunately, what she wrote was just awful. This is by far, the worst retelling of Cinderella I have ever read. It reads more like fan fiction than anything.

The chick was soooooo abused by her stepmother, or aunt, I can't remember actually. And the Dude was just too knowledgable. He knows everything. He immediately understands her situation, is able to make adult conclusions about life situations he kn
Joy
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic modern day twist on Cinderella with a surprise ending.

Indy isn't your typical Cinderella retelling character. She's spunky and certainly put out with Bryant. He killed her cat, the last gift her mother gave to her before dying. Her aunt and uncle treat her like a slave but Indy is too angry at Bryant to notice.

How can Bryant tell her that he's more than just sorry that he ran over her cat? He knows her spoiled cousins. They can't stop being around him. But Indy...she's so dif
❤Sana❤
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
⭐⭐⭐,5 Fairy stars!
descriptionOne stupid, ugly car accident when I was ten, and my beautiful, courageous mother was gone. And in that split second, my bright world turned black, and everything I thought I knew changed in an instant.

Not Cinderella's Type is a book that takes us back to childhood fantasies where the neglected and unwanted girl gets the prince and a happily ever after she never thought possible.

descriptionOkay, but why are you here? You didn’t answer that.”... “ Beyond feeling bad about murdering your ca
Nasty Lady MJ
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
To see review with gifs click here.

If you read this blog you know I like crap movies. They relax me. Especially when I’m on an airplane and said crap movie is free. Like, in the case of Not Cinderella’s Type. HOWEVER I was not expecting Not Cinderella’s Type to be based on a book. Or for that matter to find out that the author was all over the movie version like her book like Johnny Wiseau was all over The Room.

Okay, in James’s case she only worked on the script in addition to the novel of Not C
Grace
1 star

The synopsis showed so much potential, but this book failed in so many aspects. The story was unconvincing, and the characters were neither relatable nor likeable.

1. The dialogue was awkward, cheesy, and plain cringe-inducing. Long drawn out and didn't get to the point.
2. Characters were one-dimensional.
3. Plot line fell flat. I couldn’t buy into the whole deal with Bryant pushing Indy to date another guy “just to find yourself” if he liked her that much.
4. More like delayed insta-love bu
Rmsooon
Oct 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ive read " not cinderella's type " ,, this book was BAD it was short but a really messed up story ,, i gave it 1.5 out of 5 stars
Valerie Steimle
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-stories
Not Cinderella’s Type
By Jenni James

A wonderful, modern adaptation of the famous Cinderella story which has all the makings of a fairy tale come true. Jennie James rewrites this beloved classic of a girl, Indy Zimmerman, who is kind and just wants to get along with everyone but has to deal with the most wicked and heartless of stepmothers, stepsisters and even a stepfather in the form of an aunt, cousins and uncle.

You just want justice for the poor girl as she deals with modern complications of
Rebecca
This was a good retelling of Cinderella, set in modern times where she doesn't need a fairy godmother just social services.

The main character is Indy a girl who like Cinderella is left with some relatives that don't particularly want her and mistreat her. It doesn't take a fairy godmother to save her just a good friend who has a dad that's willing to help.

The most noteworthy secondary character is Bryant, the friend she inadvertently makes when he runs over her cat and forever feels guilty for
Teya Peck
Apr 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay, this book is really supper cute. It's geared more for way young adults but it's still really cute. The real life Cinderella story is actually believable in this day and age. I honestly can't see a high school boy letting a girl try dating someone else though, I'm still wrapping my head around that one. However, it also shows how much he cares, loves, and want he to see how amazing he is in her own eyes and time.
The main reason I gave it a three star was mostly for the errors. The errors we
Cathy
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable book

I am a huge Cinderella fan and love retellings. This YA version of Cinderella was so sweet ...Indy was a perfect Cinderella and Bryant was a heart melting Prince. I highly recommend this sweet, romantic story to young and old alike. A clean story that addresses some tough issues like death of a parent and emotional abuse. I read this after I watched the movie based on this book. Really cute movie :)
Julka Ďurčeková
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bola to v podstate hlúposť, ale asi som nejakú takú knihu potrebovala, pretože sa mi to páčilo...
Colca
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
I saw the movie and I thought: Yeah the film wasn't brilliant, but it had a certain potential. Plus the book is always better than the screen version.
So a gave the book a fair shot, but honestly it might have been even worse than the movie.
The main character is just weird and you just can't emphasize with her. One second she's acting all "I'm so strong, I don't need anyone" and the next minut she's like "I'm so lonely. I wish I had a real family and friends. But also my current family is pretty
Ritika Chhabra
Not Cinderella's Type was one of the most amazing Cinderella books that I read. The perfect one, with no magic and everything that I would love to read. I loved Byrant Bailey and I so hated Maxton. What sort of a guy does the things that he did? In other words, it was a complete hit on my heart -- perfect with the threads of amazeness, and excitement. Yeah, it did get boring at a point, but I guess I can live with that. I still liked it too much to say bad about it. xD And Jeff <3 <3

Okay,
Jes
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Knees on my elbows

To start off there are some errors in this ebook....

The story's 148 pages long it was a quick but In so many ways was it not. I watched the movie first which is what made me want to read the book, and it kept some good parts but I think it also fixed some parts too.

So much that happens to quickly between the two characters, and all these kisses and other kisses..
It felt awkward reading the Bryant say everything he did leaving none of it for his father.

Also many of the chapters
Christine Jensen
A fantastic modern retelling of Cinderella

This book tells the story of Cinderella as if it happened in modern times, addressing issues that would have to be a part of a truly modern Cinderella, primarily that of emotional abuse and neglect. But worry not, while there are some heavy themes, the story still feels light hearted and fun. A great read for a teen girl (or her mom ;) )
Haley
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute read.

This is a good story for young adults, but is lacking details in some parts of the book. Indy, the main character, is well developed in the beginning, but slowly loses what drew me into her character in the first place. Overall great, short read, but definitely meant for young adults.
Ayden
Aug 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love retellings of Cinderella and this one was awesome!
I read the draft she sent the editor on wattpad.
I didn't like how brynn spoke like a therapist and there was something very unrealistic about the hole thing
Feb 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story with lots of wit and fun.
Sarah Bedner
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book, Not Cinderella’s Type by Jenni James, by browsing Youtube for new movies that will come out in 2018, and I am so glad that I found the trailer. This book is an amazing insight to the mind of people that have lost something, or in this case someone, and shows that there are no boundaries for people that want to be friends. The way that Jenni subtly incorporates the allusion of Cinderella into this realistic story blew my mind. Also, the symbolism of Indy’s, the main character, ...more
Anoushka
Nov 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bad writing. Worse editing. Worst plot.

I hate leaving books unfinished but this one is special. I read about 40% according to my kindle when I just couldn’t take it anymore. The glaringly obvious inconsistencies really drove me crazy. Terrible editing. And in a book so short, it really is impossible to miss them.

This is a Cinderella retelling. That’s half of your plot already laid out for you. Yet there was no actual plot, nothing remotely interesting happened and Bryant Bailey is unrealistic
Pam Nelson
I have read a few books in this style this year and one really stood out to me. So I didn’t go in with any expectations.

I liked Indy’s character and how she always sees things in more of a positive light then she should have.
Bryant seemed to be a good guy but he fell a little flat for me in the “leading man” role and her best friend seemed cool then it almost felt like the author wanted to cause drama so then he ended up being in like the love triangle it was just a little weird.
Then Bryant s
Sixtine L
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cheesy romance! I, for once, choose to read such a book and it is exactly what I expected: cheesy, a little unrealistic and the girl is clueless. I've got to say I did enjoy the story even though it could have been better thought through. The story was predictable which is also something predictable as I already knew that it was a retelling of Cinderella and all retellings follow the exact same plots as the original one which makes them predictable even though I have heard of some retelli ...more
Amariah Dixon
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars.

I actually read this last year. It was fine. I actually started skimming about halfway through. I despised Indy's aunt, uncle, and cousins. I wanted to slap some sense into her cousins. I know the author intended them to be that way, but I got so angry several times, and wished Indy or Bailey would have told off her cousins (without cussing) or something! Near the end I wished her uncle would go to jail due to his idiotic behavior. Anyway! The romance is cute and there is no language
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 11, 2016 09:04AM

• Regally Blonde (Chick Flick Clique, #2)
  • Isabella and the Slipper
  • She's Just Right
  • Notice Me
  • Jane and Austen
  • To Move the World
  • Doubles Love
  • It Was Always You (Ridgewater High #3)
  • Finding You
  • Four Chambers (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Between Heaven and Earth
  • Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • Love in an Elevator: A Romantic Comedy Anthology
  • King of the Friend Zone (Power of the Matchmaker)
  • Played (Hooked, #2)
  • The Perks of Dating You
  • Accidental Cinderella (Accidental, #6)
  • Ties That Bind (Rebekka, #2)
CLEAN ROMANCE FOR TEENS:

*The Jane Austen Diaries*
Pride & Popularity (Aug 2011)
Persuaded (Aug. 2012)
Emmalee (Jan 2013)
Mansfield Ranch (Dec 2013)
Northanger Alibi (Feb. 2012)
Sensible & Sensational (July 2015)
Sand & Sun (2016)

Cinderella
Hansel and Gretel
Jack and the Beanstalk
Snow

Modern Fairy Tales (3 books)
  • Sleeping Beauty: Back to Reality (Modern Fairy Tales #2)
  • Beauty IS the Beast (Modern Fairy Tales #3)
“Life isn’t about trying to conform to someone else’s idea of what you should be. Life is about being true to yourself, and kind to all those who aren’t quite ready to be true to themselves yet.” “I” 3 likes
“It’s all because of you. Your bravery, your zest for life, your ability to shake off the negative. You are radiant now because you chose to be happy and forgive your past.” 2 likes