Start by marking “Dead and Buried (Funerals and Obituaries #1)” as Want to Read:
Dead and Buried (Funerals and Obituaries #1)

Dead and Buried (Funerals and Obituaries #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
You ever hear the phrase, “about as successful as a soup sandwich?” Well, that's me, I am the soup sandwich, but instead of a soggy bread mess, you have twenty five year old with a Bachelor’s degree in nothing useful who just quit her job at the local home improvement store where there were definitely no Christian Greys looking to tie anyone up-and that's not a bad thing. ...more
Kindle Edition, First, 329 pages
Published July 17th 2017 by Jennifer Rebecca Laura

To ask other readers questions about Dead and Buried, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead and Buried

Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog)
11/05/2017 - ON SALE for .99:

Link: http://amzn.to/2ixBntY
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

I open and close my mouth like a fish on the dock while he just smiles at me and our grandmothers debate the pros and cons of a Brazilian wax.

Is it all that the romance novels say it’s cracked up to be?” Marla asks innocently. “I’m just worried that with my hip the way it is now, it would just be a disaster. It was hard enough getting old Harold to give me a second go after I broke my hip, you know, with Harold.”

There is another uniformed officer in the room, and I’m
Jacqui Norris
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t laughed this hard during a book in awhile. So much I couldn’t read at night in bed because I didn’t want to wake my husband. This is my first read from Jennifer Rebecca. I came across the book when Kruse Images and Photography posted the cover reveal. The title intrigued me and maybe the fact BT Urruela is on the cover. So glad I one clicked!!

Shelby Whitmore, the newest reporter of Funerals and Obituaries for the San Diego Metro News, seems to attract craziness. She has a psycho ex, a
Sara
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

A hilarious, LOL funny romantic comedy/suspense that will bring you to tears!

From the first page of this quirky book, I laughed, snorted and giggled. Between the goofy, meddlesome residents of the retirement home, Trent's relentless pursuit of Shelby and Shelby's inability to function in life, I was swept into the story and just didn't want to put it down. I loved the back and forth banter between Trent and Shelby. The grannies were hysterical with their no-filter selves. There is a fun
Novel Grounds
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it

I got this book in a book box from Kelly Elliot in honor of the Wanted World launch on Kindle!

It took me a bit to get into, but once I did I really enjoyed this read. This book brought all the laughs and even a few smiles. Shelby is surrounded by people that just make her story even more that funny. She is a reporter for the Funerals and Obituaries section fo a paper and that is just the start of it.

Lets add into that a mysterious string of deaths at her grandmother's retirement home, the hunt
Karen
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic-comedy
I actually liked a lot about this book and the author has a great sense of humor. The MC's got very annoying w/ the constant back and forth of I love you/I hate you. The mystery could have all come together better. Also, the heroine is supposed to be strong and comes from a family of fierce women, and a kind, strong father and uncle, but she was engaged to a mentally and physically abusive asshole...I definitely didn't get that. I will read the next one b/c I think the author will improve and th ...more
L.K. Farlow
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let's see... Which of my boxes does D&B check...
LOL-pee-your-pants funny? CHECK.
Off-the-charts-swoon? CHECK.
Steam? Oh, yeah. CHECK.
Mystery? CHECKITY-CHECK-CHECK.

Legit, this book had it all. 5 Stars, easily.
Lacie Romano
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and intriguing, I couldn’t stop laughing! Just know that the couple continues into the next book.
Jessica Soimes
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pleasantly surprised.

Honestly, didn't know what to make of this book from the cover and the blurb. It's do much better than I thought. It's the first book in a while that I was sad to have to put down. But I had to sleep. Lol.
Michaela Zankl
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly funny!!

Remember The Golden Girls? Take Sophia Petrillo x2 and add an extra splash of sass....voila, Shelby and Trent's grandmothers. I laughed all the way through this book. Shelby the clumsy obituaries writer, Trent the overprotective alpha cop and grandmothers that have absolute!y no filter...a dream team of laughter and endless fun. Jennifer Rebecca digs into the essence of rom com and kicks it up another notch leaving you with a book that will leave you in stitches .
Mary Howard
First off props to a local hometown author. Jennifer really delivered on this book. I loved how shelby was strong willed and mouthy but also submitted to Trent. She had overcame being abused and a few to many hits to the head but didn't have long term Effects thankfully. I LOVED the alpha in Trent from beginning. Overall this book is one of my favs alot of humor, mystery and everyone loves some good sexual scenes. But I can't forget lots inappropriate jokes from senior citizens which was best pa ...more
Rachel Renee
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
There were so many things that I loved about this book. The Grannies were hilarious and I loved that they played a big role in the story. I also loved that there was a little mystery going on throughout it. Shelby and Trent were funny at times, had a good back and forth, but then other times, it kind of drove me crazy. That's probably why I couldn't rate it the whole five stars as there were a few places it made me crazy enough that I skimmed past. It just got to be too much. That being said, ov ...more
Bridgett Anderson Miller
Did not enjoy

There were so many things wrong with this story. The female lead acted like she didn’t have any brains, self respect or backbone. Then the male...he may have been a cop but he stood there and did nothing while another man physically hurt the woman he was “in love with”. Seriously? From that point on, I checked out on this book.
Beverly
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put down

This book was great. Both grAndmothers cracked me up! Defienantly want to read more about those two and Kane,Shelby and Trent and Daisy
Jane
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Golden girls meet gossip girl.... If your after a lighthearted, witty, romantic read with lots of pop culture references and lols then this book is for you.
Kristi
Jan 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
Did not finish. Too sleazy and silly.
Obsessive Book Nerd Lauren
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Hot Detective with a side of crazy old grannies stars

Dead & Buried was my first Jennifer Rebeca book and fortunately for all parties involved, it won't be my last. I really liked Shelby. She was funny and entertaining. Trent was a hot alpha but at times didn't know if he wanted to be possessive or sweet. Their back and forth gave me romantic whiplash. And half the time I had no freaking clue what the hell was going on in the story...but I LOVED IT. I could not put this book down. Dead &
Tina Scott
Gloria
Feb 22, 2018
Pc
Nov 12, 2017
Jennifer is a thirty something lover of words, all words: the written, the spoken, the sung (even poorly), the sweet, the funny, and even the four letter variety. She is a native of San Diego, California where she grew up reading the Brownings and Rebecca with her mother and Clifford and the Dog who Glowed in the Dark with her dad, much to her mother’s dismay.

Jennifer is a graduate of California
More about Jennifer Rebecca