Start by marking “Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1)” as Want to Read:
Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1)

Haven

(Beards & Bondage #1)

A week-long getaway…

City girl Claudia Cade's carefree life is plunged into chaos when a camping trip with her brother in the national forests of Northern California turns into a deadly dash for her survival.

A solitary world turned upside down…

Nature photographer Shepard Olsen has resigned himself to a quiet existence, with only his dog by his side, until a woman in need of
Published April 25th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Haven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haven

Start your review of Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1)
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 Grumpy Mountain Man Stars

photo tumblr_mwan6qdS951qc2zhlo1_250_zpsfx4bqxh4.gif

Haven is the first book I have read from Rebekah Weatherspoon and I enjoyed it. I love me some rugged mountain men and Shep was yummy. I thought Shep was broody, and sexy but at times I wondered why he would respond to things the way he did. What I mean is there were times where I felt like he was grumpy for no reason. Claudia was great. She was sweet, honest, sassy, and game for some kinky time. I will say I didn't like that she went all wishy washy towards the
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

Strong heroine + introverted, kinky, dominant mountain man = LOTS of great sex in the mountains y'all!!!!

Image result for vivica fox gif

The blurb for the book gives you all the information you need for the plot PERFECTLY...but let me add to that and tell you what else you're going to get.

Anyone who knows me or reads my reviews knows that I'm pretty hard on my heroines. And I gotta tell you...I've got an epic girl crush on Claudia! Her strength and honesty throughout this book is amazing! She's been through a
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, erotic
How can I pass up a series titled, Beards & Bondage?? What I liked most about this story is while it is erotic, and there is a beard, and there is some bondage, their courtship is presented so well. And the trauma and recovery the heroine goes through in this book felt so realistic.

Claudia is from the city but goes on a camping trip with her brother but they run into big trouble. Two men attack them, killing her brother and severely wounding her. The only reason she is alive is because she ran t
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
Haven has the same vein and rhythm as Treasure. They are both romance novel, but with gritty tone than Fit trilogy and Sugar Baby series that have candied approach. That completely debunks my theory that this book is going to be fluffy. I should’ve believed that ominous murder synopsis. Trigger warning for gun, and blood, gore at the beginning of the novel.

The heroine of Haven, Claudia met the hero Shep in an unlike circumstance. She was running away from her kidnapper that also killed her broth
Rafa Brewster
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Haven had a really promising start but it lost me about halfway through - pretty much when all the hot sex started - and it went downhill from there.

I was digging the idea that Claudia and Shep felt a strong connection as a result of the events of that horrific night, and I was all on board when they agreed to comfort each other with some really kinky sex. Yes, they were refreshingly honest and upfront in coming to their agreement (the D/s relationship kinda requires it) but I couldn’t help but
Annika
description

What can you expect from a series called Beards & Bondage? Unsubstantial BDSM smut, right? Wrong! Surprisingly, this was a lot more than just that.
It was a touching story of loss and grief, fighting your inner demons by sharing your pain with the only person who knows what you're going through and trying to comfort one another by any means necessary.

This was such a great blend of steam, romance and tragedy, it totally took me off guard.

ARC provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an
Melanie (mells_view)
Jul 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Two people who go through a traumatic event together, one being a victim and one being a savior just form a connection that they can’t really figure out. I mean, it’s clear what it is, but there’s something more and deeper they feel and need from each other. So the mountain man and the city girl, some casual dom/sub that turns into more. Yeah. Go read the blurb.

I am not usually good at admitting when I am wrong, but I picked this up to fill a slot on a bookish bingo. That’s it. I expected it to
K.J. Charles
I love this author's work, she's getting up there with Cara McKenna for sexy smart erotica IMO.

This one is really cool. The premise (woman is horribly attacked in woods, develops BDSM relationship with mountain man saviour) sounded about as far as possible from my cup of tea, but is handled brilliantly.

For one, we do not have to sit through the attack. Something horrible happened, and the book is about how the heroine deals with the aftermath. No lurking serial killer, no on page awful. I have
Amanda
This book just did it for me, y’all. I was totally engrossed by the opening—which should come with a zillion TWs. This review may be a bit spoilery, idk.

The protags in this are great. I just want to start by saying that. Claudia is a city girl from NYC on vacation with her brother in Northern California. She’s camping on the mountain where Shep lives. He’s a loner but I liked all the ways that he wasn’t this total burly mountain man stereotype (for one thing, he’s a photographer for the Nationa
Carol
5 "in love with this author" stars.
This was a really unexpected book for me. I found myself caught up in Claudia and Shep's story immediately and even though this is a hugely sexy and erotic book the storyline is what had me absolutely riveted to reading it.
I totally loved this book and finally had to put it down at 2 am last night with 20% left and I finished the rest this morning with my coffee.
This is an addictive, sexy and well written book that deals with a traumatic event that forever alt
Taryn
May 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
2/5

This review was originally posted here.

Haven came very highly recommended after its release at the beginning of last year. I grabbed it up when it was very hyped, but I've been putting it off until now. I've read one of Rebekah Weatherspoon's books in the past, and I like her writing, but overall, Haven fell a little short for me.

I'll start by saying that Haven had a very strong opening. I was engrossed right from the beginning, and Weatherspoon's writing kept me engaged the whole way through
Olivia (Stories For Coffee)
It has been a while since I have been completely obsessed over a novel. But Haven is the perfect New Adult novel that I cannot recommend enough to romance readers. This is the perfect story that one can read in a weekend because it starts right off with action and makes you invested in the characters within the first chapter of the book. From the moment Shep saved Claudia from a terrible situation in the woods, I knew this story was going to be a 5/5 star story for me. It had everything I ever w ...more
G.
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty great, even if I think it could have been longer.
Dakota Gray
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Caveats: I’m not a reviewer. I don’t just know the author, I adore her so my love of this book is extremely biased. I was given an ARC and still I can’t wait to get my preorder so I can read all the dirty parts again.

All right to understand why I love this book we have to talk about the author’s previous series—the Sugar Baby trilogy. (I think that’s the name of the series. I should check, but I’m not a reviewer and I refuse to be arsed with the details.) This series was light and heartwarming a
Maria11
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book until the end and would have given it 5 stars if it wasn't for the ending.

It went at a great pace that was realistic and not insta-love. Then I hit about 87% and everything happened at once and it just jumped time with no real explanation. I liked Shep and I felt sorry for him that he had to deal with the small minded people that lived in his town. He was done so wrong and he was sweet. Sexy too, a tad too much kink for me, but fit him. I like Claudia at first then she pissed m
Kristie
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've never read Weatherspoon... I'll be changing that in moments as I prepare to buy all the books because, whoa.

This was a freaking awesome book. I loved the prose, the honesty of the characters, the raw feelings that were so genuine, the hot af sex, and the quiet peace throughout. I loved the instant jump into the story, the way it moved with ease, and dug itself into me, not letting my mind go.

If I have anything to wish for it would be for the last chapters to not feel so rushed. I wanted m
mina reads™️
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this so much omg I can't believe it.
Fast paced
Great communication
Handles trauma in a very realistic way
Healthy bdsm
MOUNTAIN MAN TROPE
Their relationship was so cute and their banter made me ridiculously happy
Very very sexy and the sex scenes never felt repetitive or overdone
I had a great time reading this
Ezinwanyi
More like 3.75-ish but Yay for Healing

This book was about letting go of who a person was before a traumatic event and making peace with the new person. That involved really dealing with the catalyst of the change, the trauma.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out Shep’s trauma since Claudia’s was explicitly detailed. I liked the writing style and I loved the characters communication with each other. Their chemistry was off the charts from the beginning to the end.
The sex was so sexy in on a
Tori
The first in Weatherspoon’s erotic Beards and Bondage series introduces readers to a sexy dominate recluse who embarks on a relationship with the young woman he saved after she and her brother were attacked on a trip. The intense erotic interludes blend well with this couple’s eager exploration of the unknown and their unconscious need for understanding and forgiveness. Humorous and slightly awkward dialogue only adds to this romance’s appeal.
Cam (justabookeater)
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Boricuan Bookworms Book Reviews

Okay, first impression? I feel like I got whiplash from those first few chapters, not gonna lie. Everything started so quick. There were no slow introductions like there usually are in New Adult novels. It’s all straight up action (not that kind of action) (okay maybe a little bit of that action) from the very first page and it grips you til the very end.

The main reasons why I loved this book more than others of its genre:

- The characters had so much raw chemistr
Jess
Read the sample a few months ago, liked it but wasn't enthralled enough for an autobuy. Added the book to my reading list, thought about it for a few months and here we are - sometimes it can be so easy.

Haven hovers around 3.5 to 4 stars for me and it was a very steamy read. WOO! The premise is actually quite depressing - our heroine Claudia is on a hiking trip in the middle of nowhere with her brother when he gets murdered in the woods and she has to run for her life. Lucky for her, Shep Olsen
b.andherbooks
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not going to lie, I did get teased a bit by my colleagues at the library when Haven arrived on the holdshelf for me. But, haters gonna hate, and I'm a firm believer in #noshame #nosuchthingasaguiltypleasureread. Also, ever since Cap sported a beard in 2018's Avengers: Infinity War I've had feelings.

Okay, that said, this was very sexy book that I wish had just a bit more character development in the later pages. Basically, mountain recluse and nature photographer Shepard Olsen rescues city-girl
Tina
On the surface, this was a sexy erotica with two very appealing leads.

But there was a lot more going on underneath the surface. And it was that under-the-hood stuff I wanted the book to really explore and unfortunately, it only tantalized it to get back to the sexy stuff.

Claudia and her brother are on a camping trip that goes tragically awry, they both become the victims of a pair of murderers.

Terrified, Claudia finds her way to Shep's cabin calling for help. He saves Claudia's life and the two
Lisa
Also on Scoundrels & Seduction.

I'm a big fan of Rebekah's Sugar Baby trilogy (I mean, who can resist Michael Bradbury and his *coughs* oral skills?) and I was excited for this one purely because a) bearded hero, and b) sex in the woods. Hey, pretty much all I need a book, to be honest. Unfortunately I'm a tad disappointed that I didn't enjoy this as much as I hope I would, and I managed to pinpoint it to two reasons.

Firstly I applaud how the story started because it definitely grabbed my attent
Amy
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This. This is how you write erotica ... and romance, for that matter. Hope to work up a quick review tomorrow. But right now, I’ma snuggle up with my honey and talk about our week.
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Boricuan Bookworms- Book Reviews.

Haven absolutely ruined my life. So I’m here to ruin yours.

It starts off really intense and traumatic for our protagonists (trigger warnings apply, I’ll list them at the end of this review). This book uses the “trauma brings them together” trope but there’s actually a healthy and non-dependent relationship between the MCs. One of the things I liked the most about this is that yes, they met because of the incident, but they didn’t fall in love because of it.

This
JenReadsRomance
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book at The Book Queen's blog: http://www.tbqsbookpalace.com/2017/08...

Remember that movie Speed with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock? After basically escaping death 539 times, the two characters in the movie share a supersexy kiss while also warning each other that “relationships based on intense experiences never work.” I swear, Rebekah Weatherspoon must be cackling, because she totally demolishes that idea with her latest novel, Haven: Beards and Bondage. This book has, I am n
Hollis
This book wasn't remotely on my radar. But in the lead up to it's release I had been hearing a lot of good things about HAVEN, not just from readers but from authors I enjoy, and after seeing it available for immediate read on NG I was looking forward to the chance to dip my toe into a new author and read a good, emotionally complex, take on the whole bondage niche of erotica.

But.. I mean. Yeah, there's lots of emotions flying around but I never connected with it (not that we're supposed to) and
Silvana [The Book Voyagers]
I seriously love every Rebekah Weatherspoon book. If you want to know more, check out my aesthetic in my account:

HAVEN by @RdotSpoon
• D/s dynamics pic.twitter.com/U9oLe9ZTio

Jaime Arkin
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
3.5 stars- def things I liked and a few that didn't work for me - full review to come
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Roommate
  • Pink Slip (The Spies Who Loved Her, #1)
  • Office Hours
  • Go Deep (Unexpected Lovers #1)
  • A Taste of Her Own Medicine
  • Beautiful & Dirty (The Family Book, #1)
  • He's Come Undone: A Romance Anthology
  • 40-Love (There's Something About Marysburg, #2)
  • That Kind of Guy (Ravenswood, #3)
  • The Devil of Downtown (Uptown Girls, #3)
  • The Beast (Wicked Villains, #4)
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Gifting Me To His Best Friend (A Touch of Taboo #2)
  • Blind Date with a Book Boyfriend
  • Be My Fantasy (The Fantasy Series, #1)
  • The Princess Trap (Dirty British Romance, #1)
  • Finding Joy
  • Neighborly (Erotic Accommodations, #2)
After years of meddling in her friends’ love lives, Rebekah Weatherspoon turned to writing romance to get her fix. Raised in Southern New Hampshire, Rebekah Weatherspoon now lives in Southern California where she will remain forever because she hates moving.

Her BDSM romance At Her Feet won the Golden Crown Literary Award for erotic lesbian fiction. Her novella FIT (#1 in the FIT Trilogy) won the R

Beards & Bondage (3 books)
  • Sanctuary  (Beards and Bondage, #2)
  • Harbor (Beards & Bondage, #3)