Start by marking “A Family Woman (A Woman Lost, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Family Woman (A Woman Lost, #3)

A Family Woman

(A Woman Lost #3)

Lizzie’s about to expand her family. But can she reconcile with the one she already has?
Lizzie is terrified about becoming a parent. But when she and her pregnant wife find out that they’re having twins, her anxiety reaches a whole new level.
With two babies on the way, Lizzie attempts to patch things up with her estranged father and brother. To her surprise, Lizzie’
Published December 13th 2017 by Author via Amazon

To ask other readers questions about A Family Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Family Woman

Ted
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth (sorta 3rd) book in 'A Woman Lost' series. There was a book zero added after book 2, And in my opinion this is the best one in the series. Lizzie is still clueless and adorable.Sarah carries for the couple and this leads to the premise of the book. Family. And Lizzie and Sarah's family grows a lot. Great characters, excellent plot and pacing. You could probably get away with reading it as a stand alone, but I would council reading the entire series. Loved it.
Eel
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
As with a previous book in this series, it took me a while to read this one. I set it aside 3 times before finally finishing.

Once again, it was Lizzy who had me dragging my feet. It is odd that this was the case as I really like Lizzy. Her bumbling ineptitude and social awkwardness strike a chord with me. Hmm...perhaps it hits too close to home?

All that being said, I did enjoy the book. I love the dynamics between Lizzy and Sarah. It was heartening to see a gradual change, though by
Les Rêveur
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok I retract! This was my favourite in the series…  one word: TWINS!!! Lizzie and Sarah are expecting twins and after a brief melt down, Lizzie is on track to being an amazing supportive wife to Sarah who is carrying.  I was bowled over with Lizzie’s progression. She tries ever so hard and even when the stumbling blocks happen in her awkward and socially inept world, she manages through it with a lot more poise than ever before.

I think Sarah’s growth was more noticeable in this book
Loek Krancher
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding!

What a great series! Lizzie, one of the main characters, is a woman with many flaws. She is clueless, hardheaded and a history geek, I really like her clumsy approach to every situation. An excellent series with great heart-to-heart moments, complex family ties, humor, a relationship with ups and downs and friends who are very straightforward. There is an awesome variety of characters. I can highly recommend this series.
Cal
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
At this point in the series, Lizzie starts to really become endearing. The cluelessness grated me a bit in the beginning but I’m enjoying the story taking off with the supporting cast and really filling in this whole picture of Lizzie’s life with Sara and how her world is expanding.
Phoebe
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Lizzie and Sara welcome their first child in this story and to their surprise end up with many more additional family members.

Warning! Lizzie has grown since Book One and sorry to say you will not really get this book if you have not read the first two. To fully appreciate and understand the growth of Lizzie's character or the underlying emotions of the other characters involved you should know the backstories and therefore you should read the first two books before reading this one.
S.M. Lowry
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

A Family Woman by TB Markinson is the third book in the A Woman Lost series. If you haven’t read the other two books, I recommend doing so before reading this one. You can find her books here. A Family Woman is the latest installment in the journey of love between Lizzie and Sarah. Lizzie and Sarah have just found out they are about to be parents – to twins! As Sarah’s pregnancy progresses, both women realize that f
Karen
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novel focuses on Lizzie’s expanding family. She and Sarah discover they’re having twins which throws them both off balance. There is also the expanding of Lizzie’s birth family through various life events. I think we go through at least a year from about 8 months before the birth to the twins’ first Christmas. It all works well; time is delineated by how many months Sarah’s been pregnant in the first half of the novel.

It’s a touching yet humorous novel. Lizzie learns to cope better with he
Mari Stark
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third instalment (without counting the prequel) of the Woman Lost series. I won’t get tired of saying how magnificent this series is and the reason why is one of my very favourites. Markinson writing is, funny, witty and simply brilliant.

I have enjoyed every book in the series; I love how we have been able to witness Lizzie and Sarah’s growth, personally and as a couple. And it’s something we get to see in this book, as well as more of Lizzie’s quirks. There’s nothing lik
Rachel Barnard
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lizzie is back, and this time she has just a few short months until her pregnant wife gives birth to their twins. Lizzie has never had the greatest relationship with her family and would rather not see them, but Sarah has other plans. Lizzie will become a family woman.

The first half of the book – before the twins arrived – had quite a few sex scenes. They were very interesting to read because they were between two females, but there was quite a bit of it.

I loved how Lizzi
Sam Alexander
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love the previous books in this series and I received a free copy of this book from the author. I am a sucker for a good series. It is quite a while since I first read them, but I took the time to re-read the earlier stories before digging into this one. I am glad I did and I was very pleased to find I really love this one too.
Lizzie and Sarah are a wonderful couple with an interesting dynamic and this book shows both closure and new beginnings. I am delighted to see that Lizzie is still
Aris Duarte
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I finished reading the first 3 books I was ready to keeo reading about Lizzie and Sarah, but then I realize that this book was only on kindle and not paperback (I like buying the paperbacks) so I had to wait a couple of months and when I was looking for some books to buy I went to look on amazon and surprise, surprise: it was already on paperback! So I bought it right away and oh boy, my lesbian heart was bursting in joy.

I can't believe the evolution of Lizzie from the prequel t
S
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have now read and enjoyed this entire series with Lizzie and Sarah. This book starts with Lizzie's anxiety over starting a family and repairing her current family. After Lizzie and Sarah start their family, Lizzie gets more comfortable with their decision, the couple find out they are having twins. I found this book enjoyable to read and was able to finish it in a few sittings.
I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend the is that the characters feel real. When reading you get to k
Pamela
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have followed this series since the start and I have loved reading each book. This one focuses on Lizzie's stress and anxiety over starting a family with Sarah along with trying to fix the family she already has. Then both her and Sarah get thrown for a loop when they discover that they are expecting twins.
One of the things I really like about these books, along with the others I have read of T.B. Markinson, is that the characters feel real. When reading you get to know them and the pers
Lisa B
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Including the prequel, this A Woman Lost,#3 is actually the fourth book in the series, and to get full enjoyment I highly recommend that you read them in the order they were published. By now it may be a while since you last visited the world of Sarah and Lizzie, so you may like to refresh your memory before you delve back into their not quite so straightforward life; I found it helpful. When I got my hands on this book I practically devoured it in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down. I loved it, and i ...more
Tony Hisgett
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian
It wasn’t until the second book A Women Ignored that I finally got Lizzie. Her view on the world can be intriguing and her interactions with others can be very comical.
I normally like the parts of the story that revolve around Lizzie, but in this case I found her interaction with her birth family and associates e.g. Brother, Dad, Tie etc, and the whole story surrounding it, a little bit tedious. Part of the story was for Lizzie to reconnect with her family, but I couldn’t help thinking, why bother?

Ha
Elizabeth Tanner
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved A Family Woman by T.B. Markinson. This was the next book in the series that I have been enjoying. The characters are great and I love Lizzie, although I think she gets picked upon a bit. I cannot wait to see the next in the series. Lizzie's character is one that I empathize with as my daughter does not get a lot of idioms. Sara and Lizzie do quite well together. I am looking forward to seeing how Lizzie handles teaching.
Melissa
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
lizzie and wife sarah are expecting... a little more than they bargained for. as if the suprise of twins wasnt enough now lizzie's practicaly estranged father and brother are reaching out to her with there own drama and secrets. lizzie is a likeable character with relatable problems and feelings. the story is told from her p.o.v. she is smart and clueless, nerdy and adorable. overall very entetaining read with some surprises.
J.R.
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story about a person who understands and loves no matter what.

Elizabeth and Sarah are better in this third book in understanding that some changes need to take place. Mind you some changes are need to be taken with a bit salt or sugar,depending on your taste. The twins arrive with a surprise group of brand new babysitters. Enjoy!
K
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding book and series. I'm now listening to the Audios and I'm so glad I invested my time in Lizzy and Sarah . Their story is so amazingly funny and engaging i couldn't help but read this series several times . Its a just own.
Helen
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I loved this story about Sarah and Lizzie . I always feel that Sarah and Maddie are a little hard on Lizzie. The birth of the twins and family becoming closer was nice. Very nice story and well written.
Consuelo Garcia
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read!

I enjoyed following Lizzie from beginning to the third book. Although, this book hit close to home. I don't think I would ever accept a hidden family. I think I would have liked Lizzie reaction to be more like mine, maybe I will get there one day
Marty Preslar
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Fantastic depth of character, wonderful storytelling, and a tremendous sense of humor highlight this third entry in the "A Woman Lost" series. The story comes to a satisfying conclusion, but leaves room for more as well. I would certainly welcome another volume.
Melissa
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I'd say it was a bit uneven, but still an important player in the series with some key events. Certainly ended with me dying to find out what happens next! I like this author best when she offers deeper insight into the character's personalities and motivations.
Alicia Van
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
TB Markinson continues to write a wonderfully creative series which I find wholly appealing and addictive. The characters are complex but also believable, sweet and tender. I loved it.
Margaritas Cherena
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Surprise

Who doesn't like to make new friends. Reading A Family Woman made me feel like I met New people and made new friends.
Lyle
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Great Book

I'm really having a blast with this series. Love how T. B. Markinson is writing the characters development and personality growth.
Nicole
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the books. It was well written with a wonderful ending.
Ms Mary E Doyle
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A worthy sequel

To find Sarah & Lizzie getting through the up & downs of parenthood plus the ever growing family is marvellous
Heather Henkel
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I really like this series and this was another great addition to the series. I really love how awkward Lizzie is in most situations.
T. B. Markinson is an American writer, living in England. When she isn't writing, she’s traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in England, or taking the dog for a walk. Not necessarily in that order.

A Woman Lost (7 books)
  • A Clueless Woman (A Woman Lost, #0)
  • A Woman Lost (A Woman Lost, #1)
  • A Woman Ignored (A Woman Lost, #2)
  • A Conflicted Woman (A Woman Lost, #4)
  • A Woman Loved (A Woman Lost, #5)
  • A Woman Undone (A Woman Lost Book 6)