Start by marking “Feel Me Fall” as Want to Read:
Feel Me Fall

Read Book

Feel Me Fall

Secrets and survival in the Amazon

Emily Duran is the sole survivor of a plane crash that left her and her teenage friends stranded and alone in the jungles of the Amazon. Lost and losing hope, they struggle against the elements, and each other. With their familiar pecking order no longer in place, a new order emerges, filled with power struggles, betrayals, secrets and
Published May 2017

Start your review of Feel Me Fall
Deanna
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
My reviews can also be seen at: https://deesradreadsandreviews.wordpr...

4.5 Stars!

Secrets and survival in the Amazon

It was supposed to be the trip of a lifetime.

Seventeen year-old Emily Duran is a survivor. The only survivor left after a plane crash in the Amazon jungle. Air Brazil was carrying 134 passengers, including 37 students, teachers, and chaperones. Six teens survived the crash, but now there's only Emily.

Emily used to wonder how victims of plane crashes felt right in those moments before they were abo
Mary Beth *Traveling Sister*
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is about survival. A plane crashes in the Amazon jungle. Emily and her five friends are the only survivors. They are left stranded and struggle to survive. If it wasn't for Derrick, I don't think they would of survived as long as they did. They didn't have any food or water but since Derrick use to be a boy scout he knew what they could eat and not eat. They survived on lots of mushrooms. He even knew how to clean water, so they were able to drink it. Since they are in the Amazon Jungl ...more
Christine
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Christine by: offered r4r by James Morris
I have had great luck finding wonderful reads outside my genre this year, so when the chance came up for me to read a YA adventure story, I asked myself, “Why not?” Why not, indeed; I really enjoyed this book!

Firstly, thanks to James Morris for not titling this novel The Girl Who Survived. Publishers who think they are attracting readers by placing the ubiquitous “Girl” in the title are sadly mistaken, as least when it comes to me. This book actually has the perfect title; it really
Miriam Smith
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading "Feel Me Fall" I'm very glad I'm not planning on flying anytime soon!
I can't begin to say how much I really enjoyed this brilliant book and considering it's classed as a YA read I'm astounded at how clever the story is written and how easily in my opinion this could pass as an adult psychological adventure novel.
It felt like I was watching a movie unfold, the plot was so fabulously descriptive and compelling, drawing me in to the jungle with complete abandonment.
Seventeen year o
Sarah Joint
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description
I have been waiting for a reason to use that GIF. This is it. I'm sorry, I like to creep you guys out.

I wasn't sure how I was going to rate this book while I was reading. It was definitely at least a four, maybe a four and a half, but the ending bumped it up to a full five! The characters are complicated and well written, and the fact that the author manages to keep suspense going when you know who survives in the end is impressive. It's a quick and easy read, easily accomplished in a day. I had a ha
Jilly
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: y-a, thrillers
At first I was like, um... high school students? Thanks, but no thanks.
But, when I realized they would be dying in a plane crash and dying in the rain forest, I was like, you had me at 'dying'.

Just kidding! Sorry, kids. I actually liked my teenagers....

In the first few pages, we meet the lone survivor of a plane crash, Emily. She is in the hospital and has major PTSD and is supposed to write her story down so that she can sort through her feelings and move on with her life. So the story goes back and forth between her memories of t
PattyMacDotComma
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of John Marsden, John Green, adults and kids
4.5★
Feeling and falling, both scary situations for anyone, let alone a fatherless 17-year-old girl trying to juggle school, boys, and a mother who’s more interested in having fun than raising a child. On top of that, Emily’s fallen hard for her handsome, sensitive young English teacher, who apparently reciprocates the feeling.

OK, that’s Feeling-And-Falling LITE. But when she’s on a plane that crashes into the Amazon jungle, she experiences some very serious feelings and falling
Brenda
The shock Emily Duran felt when she came to in the wide river, flailing as she headed towards the rapids, brought her memory of the plane crash rushing back. Terrified and fighting the current, Emily made it to shore, exhausted and overwhelmed. But her devastation turned to elation when she spied her best friend Viv, along with four other school friends – wounded but alive.

Stranded in the jungle of the vast Amazon, Emily and her friends had no idea which way to go; where to go; and e
Kathryn
“It’s scary to realize what you really are. Not who you say you are, but who you really are.”

A plane crashes in the Amazon. Only six teenagers survive. 39 days….6 teens….ONE SURVIVOR!

Kidding. Sort of. Jeff Probst may be absent, but the whole plane crashing--teen survivor bit….true. Feel me Fall is like a postmodern Lord of the Flies-Heart of Darkness mash-up with a dash of something uniquely its own. The book is designed so that Emily, our protagonist, narrates from her hospital bed post-rescue. Upon her therapist’s suggestion, Emily decides tFlies-Heart/>A
Carolyn
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Emily Duran is a survivor, the only one rescued from a plane crash in the Amazon. But not the only one to survive the plane crash. Five of her classmates also made it out of the plane to swim ashore and together form a band of survivors hoping to be rescued. Now she's sitting up in her hospital bed trying to write her account of what happened over the weeks that they struggled to survive in the rain forest.

Writing her story, the events in the rainforest are slowly revealed as Emily d
Dianne
Survival, what would you do to survive? What story would you tell? FEEL ME FALL by James Morris Tells us Emily’s story of being the sole survivor of both a plane crash and days in the Amazon. Her tale will take us as she goes from a teen infatuated with a teacher and taking that infatuation too far to one of a small group of teen survivors in the deadly Amazon and finally, to the only one to walk out alive.

What happened after the plane carrying high school students on a trip of a lifetime crashed i
(I received an advance copy of this book for free. Thanks to James Morris and NetGalley.)

“My counsellor told me to write my story down, By writing I could make sense of all that happened. I keep thinking if I remember everything the way I need to that the memories will fade away. That I can accept what happened. I can accept that I survived and everyone else died.”

This was a YA survival story about 6 teens stranded in the Amazon rainforest following a plane crash.

Emily was an okay character and I felt really sorry forNetGalley.)
alyssa
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 to 3.5 Stars

I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

"I have tried so hard to forget, but memory is a stubborn thing. Memories linger no matter what I do. They're there all the time--and worse. Even my dreams aren't safe. I have vicious nightmares, and they're real--too real--and suddenly I'm back there. I can't will them away. I can't squeeze them away, and the more I try, the more they burrow in my head. I want to cut open my skull and dig my fingers into my brain/>
/>I
Lisa
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This book Feel Me Fall by James Morris was a well written story that kept me engaged & had me asking questions about my own mortality. Actually I was questioning myself right through out the book saying COULD I DO THAT? or WHAT IF I WERE IN EMILYS SITUATION WOULD OR COULD I EAT GRUBS & MUSHROOMS TO SURVIVE I"M NOT SURE?

I absolutely loved this YA read it was entertaining real & the characters weren't over written, I loved the setting the harsh Amazon jungle thought I
Veronica ⭐️
Emily is the sole survivor of a plane crash. Now recovering in hospital her counsellor suggests she writes down her story to work through her feelings of survivor guilt.

The story is narrated by Emily so right from the start I’m wary but she is a convincing narrator telling the horror of the crash and how her and a few classmates managed to survive the initial crash into a river and pull themselves out of the rushing waters.

What follows is a gripping story of survival in t
Trish
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was a movie several years ago, I think it was called The Hole, and this book definitely reminds me of it - especially after reading the very last page. I'm not gonna tell you why, other than that there is a number of mind-fucks in here.

The story is about a number of students going on a school trip to South America, but en route their plane crashes in the Amazon. Six of them make it out alive and start travelling through the jungle in hopes of finding a way home. Only one makes it ou
Annika
description

Wow. I am completely drained. Emotionally, mentally and even physically.

This book was absolutely brilliant. Painful, dark and brutal, but brilliant nonetheless. It was like a twisted mix of William Golding's Lord of the Flies and that early 2000's movie The Hole.
James Morris has created an unapologetically honest and scarily realistic tale of a group of six young plane crash survivors, suddenly faced with death, despair, secrets and deceptions, slowly losing their minds and humanity in the oppressing green of
✨    jamieson   ✨
dnf at chapter 5 (15%)

I told myself I'm not forcing myself to read stuff in 2018 and yeah ..

why I dnf'ed this:

- mostly because a student/teacher relationship which is romanticised because its ~~forbidden love~~ urgh. stop gross. none of that

but also because there's already been so much problematic stuff at ch5
- black person described as having "skin the colour of a rich walnut"
- an "I feel soo much pity for the fat girl :((( poor fat girl" paragraph (st
BAM The Bibliomaniac
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, mystery, ya, e-book, own
A big thanks to James Morris and Netgalley for the free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review.

Higher school students on a flight over the Amazon heading to an inter-disciplinary summer field trip crash into the river. Six survive and trek through the jungle searching for civilization and rescue.
Emily, the lone teenager to make it to s hospital, begins the story by following her counselor's advice and tells her story of high school caste systems as well as wildern
Lauren Stoolfire
I received a free copy of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Emily Duran is the only survivor of a plane crash that left her and her friends stranded in the Amazon rainforest. Help doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon and they begin to lose hope. The old high school hierarchy doesn't matter anymore and a new order falls into place and with that new order comes betrayals, secrets and lies, and plenty of power struggles. When Emily finally makes it home, everyone wants answers and s
Ashley Daviau
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want to start this review by stating that I received a paperback copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review. This in no way changes or affects my review.

This book grabbed my attention right from page one and I only found myself becoming more hooked as it went along! I found myself being constantly shocked and surprised by all the twists and turns and I loved every page of it!

The story is incredibly well written and spectacularly brutal. A group of teenagers find themse
Jasmine
***Actual rating: 4.5/5 Casa Shangri-La Stars***

We were all heroes in our own way, heroes in the stories we told ourselves.

Emily, Nico, Ryan, Derek, Viv and Mean Molly were once survivors in a plane crash but Emily turned out to be the only one alive—at least that was what we’d been told—when rescued in the jungles of the Amazon several days/weeks later. Feel Me Fall showed the readers some interesting aspects of truths and lies, secrets and the obvious, candor and deception; it also let us know how something s
Charlotte Annelise
I really enjoyed reading this fast-paced and gripping suspense novel. The story and events that takes place oftentimes surprised me and left me wanting to keep reading to find out more answers.

The novel is structured with Emily talking in the present (in hospital) and the past (in the jungle and before the jungle). The setting is mainly in the jungle, which helped create a sense of creepiness. I certainly felt squeamish at various times because of what the characters had to endure. I liked how
The Captain
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Ahoy there me mateys! I received this young adult thriller eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. So here be me honest musings . . .

I found out about this novel from a member of me hearty crew. I had recently finished castle of water about plane crash survivors on a deserted island, and I loved it. So when I read Liz's review and praise about a YA novel where a plane crashes in the Amazon and there is a sole survivor I added it to me list. Imagine me surprise when the
Tammie
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-books
Feel Me Fall was a really good read. This book was filled with survival, drama and (many)secrets. It kept my interest throughout and loved the ending. Highly recommend.
Cyndi
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emily is the sole survivor. We know that going in, so when 5 other teens wash up on shore alive, we know things are going to be rough.
This book follows three different time lines and blends them together into a brilliantly compelling story.
The characters are so well developed that they keep the reader trapped into their story. Leaving them is not an option. However will anyone survive if we don't keep reading?
This is an excellent book that I would gladly recommend to anyone!
alana ♡
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, thriller
“It’s a nice story. A nice story for a mother to hear, but unfortunately not true. That’s not the real story at all. The real story is much more complicated.”

Hey everyone!

Welp, another summer in the books! I can't really say I'm too disappointed because FALL IS LIFE & Halloween is my favorite time of year so I am more than ready to kiss this summer goodbye! But before we do that lets give a big drumroll for my favorite read this summer.

*drumroll plz*
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
**The book was generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

Wow! I honestly didn't think I'd love it as much as I did. It didn't even made me annoyed at any point. Weird!

Our MH is Emily, the only survivor of the plane crash in the middle of the rain forest. Or is she? We don't know until the very end. There were 6 people alive after the crash, so how was she the only one left? The story is told in parallel timing, going back and forth between right now and the
Danielle Steenrod
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Before I get into the book review I just want to take a minute to talk about the author, James Morris. When he first contacted me, he gave me a little background about himself, and let me tell you, I was impressed! Before he became an author, he used to be a television writer for Smallville, Crossing Jordan, and Are You Afraid of the Dark? How cool is that?! Straight away I knew I wanted to read this book! Anyway, I just wanted to share that little bit of fun information. Let’s get on with the review!

I always f
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

It has been a great read, I really enjoyed, it's a great survival, drama and mystery story

I want to thank James Morris for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review

4/5 Stars

You can find this one and more of my reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

The story is told in first person by the main character Emily who is the survivor of a tragic plane crash which has killed most of its crew,Thought.
TheStars
Youclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
4/5story
I
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Aaru (The Aaru Cycle Book 1)
James Morris is a former television writer who now works in digital media. When not writing, you can find him scoping out the latest sushi spot, watching 'House Hunters Renovation', or trying new recipes in the kitchen. He lives with his wife and dog in Los Angeles.

Readers, if you enjoyed one of my books, please feel free to leave a review!
“Hope it didn't come easy. It had to be continuously created and called upon or it would disappear as soon as something else took its place…” 2 likes
“I have tried so hard to forget, but memory is a stubborn thing. Memories linger no matter what I do. They're there all the time – and worse. Even my dreams aren't safe. I have vicious nightmares, and they're real – too real – and suddenly I'm back there. I can't will them away, I can't squeeze them away, and the more I try the more they burrow in my head. I want to cut open my skull and dig my fingers into my brain and just pull them out.” 1 likes