Start by marking “One Year Left” as Want to Read:
One Year Left

One Year Left

In the last year of his life, Will moves to Portland in search of happiness, but the disappointment and despair of his past aren't influenced by distance. Then he meets his new roommate, Kristen. Even with her own emotional scars, she's everything he's ever wanted. The trouble is, old habits are hard to break and if they can't find a way to move forward, they risk losing t ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about One Year Left, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Year Left

Start your review of One Year Left
C.K.
Apr 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: earc
The story begins with Will moving to Portland, Oregon to start a food truck business with his best friend Daichi. Will moves to Portland to start what he calls “Operation One Year Left”. He wants to get a fresh start and make the most of his last year. This creates some mystery over what is wrong with Will. Does he really have one year left to live? Is he sick?
Will ends up renting an apartment with a girl names Kristen. Kristen’s’ last roommate didn’t get along with the landlord so the roommate
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ebook of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you J.C. Robinson!

This was a really light and cute read. The love story between Will and Kristen was extremely caring, and lighthearted. I liked how they were genuinely good people, who were there to support each other. At some point, the author mentioned Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, and I got super excited! It's one of my favourite songs. Although that was completely irrelevant I wanted to mention it.

The wh
Cindy Pearson
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I finished it but it was a struggle.
Susanne
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What a book!! It really drags you in!! I know love at First sight works, but that it would work like this I never knew! A quick read that Does not dissapoint, and leaves you on your toes, wondering What will happen! A must read!
N.N. Light
Readers of Nicholas Sparks and John Green (Fault in Our Stars) will love this new adult romance.

What would you do if you were given one year left to live? What would you focus on and what if the Universe matched you up with the perfect girl? Would you pursue it to see what happens or would you keep your distance, knowing you have little time left?

Such is the dilemma for Will. He’s got one year to live and decides to seize the moment in a big way. He moves to Portland, works with his best frien
Keira
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: required-reading
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. This book has become an unfortunate victim of one of my New Years resolutions to star more harshly- it says two stars, but really it is 2.5 and maybe even 2.75 and I would still definitely recommend it if you are looking for a fun, easy romance and aren't too bothered about realism etc.

Ultimately, this book was fun. It was not a masterpiece, it was not life-changing and it wasn't incredible, but I laughe
Keryth Belvin
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Very Confusing

I am voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book, One Year Left by J. C. Robinson.

I must not be reading the same book as these other reviewers because my opinion of this book is quite different from theirs. The story does match the books description listed here though so I don't know.
I only made it 26% into the book before I had to stop. It's all over the place. I wasn't always sure, at first, if I was reading about their past or present. And I'm so confused when it
Diana Perry
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced romance that was very sweet. Two lost souls with unsavory pasts try to make a go at an HEA. Will they be able to shed their pasts & allowing the other to help them heal? MUST get yourself a copy to find out. I voluntarily read this ARC &this is my honest review ...more
Debbie Fair
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every romantic lady out there
Recommended to Debbie by: The cover
Great sweet read for a love in fast time. Tremendous people wrote about in this book.
Nadine
May 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Right from the beginning I didn’t like the style. Too negative and rigid somehow. It just didn’t feel right to me. For me, this was a book I just couldn’t get into. It was a bit all over the place. The frequent memories take the flow out and feel more like stating facts to me. Too dry.

To be honest, I skipped parts that just weren’t interesting.

The Blurb says that it’s a sweet romance, but my definition of sweet is not the same as the author’s, I guess.

It does have a HEA , I did like that. Bu
Daniela
May 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Easy read

This book came with a lot of mixed reviews and I decided to just give it a try I wanted something fun and easy. That is exactly what this book gives you a quick simple read with an easy story line. Of course the flashbacks in time are to be considered because they do interrupt the story frequently. All in all I was not disappointed. It was well written and had the promised happy ending. The title is truly what intrigued me and I think in would have given it 5 stars if it would have made
Jenny
Nov 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Joynell Schultz
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Right away, this book hooked me in. The premise of only having one year left to live, then stumbling across love. Of letting go of your past and embracing the future. Even better, I enjoyed the humor thrown in. Well done. I'll be reading more books by J.C. Robinson.
Jeanne
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought this story had good bones, but didn't quite flesh out. The story didn't seem to flow very well. The dialog is good, the plot is interesting, the characters are interesting, the thoughts seem scattered.
McKenzie (Bookishthingsandtea)
Closer to a 1.5 stars since I did end up finishing it.
This book was all over the place, and it was a real struggle to read. FRTC soon!
Caroline Woodhall
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
what a great story it really pulled you into it . I must say I did get a bit confused at first until I got into it and worked out all the characters and who was telling each part of the story but it really had meaning behind it and how both will and kristen had been hurt in their past relationships and how it had scared them. Awesome read.
Amy Delong
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book,the story sucked me in and kept me until the end of the book
Debbie
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An easy weekend read. Enjoyed the complexity of the characters and storyline.
Jackie
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful romance story between two people, Kristin and Will. Amazing light reading by a super author that leaves you wanting more. Received an ARC and my pleasure to review
Anja
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, it's an interesting story of two people who kind of lost their believe in love. The title of the book suggests something 'deadly' is happening within the year... I could not figure out, what it's actually refering to... The style of writing - switching between past and present - has been kind of confusing to me. He's talking/thinking about Kristen and in the next paragraph it's Molly or someone else...
Maria
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I admit when I initially read the plot I was really curious about this book and I decided to give it a try. On the other hand the story seemed at the beginning, very confusing and quite inconclusive. For this reason I continued reading the book and as I delved into the story I realized what was the real purpose of the author. This is overall an introspective trip towards a new life with a few glimpses of the past experiences of the characters. The story of two lost souls that meet and in just a ...more
Janica Gómez Verea
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
Looking to leave his disappointments behind, Will moves from Maryland to Portland, Oregon, to find something to motivate him, he decided hehad One Year Left. After a list of bad relationships due to shyness, trust issues and social fear, he gets to meet his new roommate Kristen, who just broke with her last boyfriend is also full of trust issues.

It's a great positive story, where after going through piles of problems and insecurities, the sun finally shines and love wins the day!!
BP34
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet story that is well written with captivating characters. It's love at first sight and this book draws you in right at the beginning and has you page turning from there. A quick read. I received a reader copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review.
Maria Luis
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What do I say about a book that both pulled at my heartstrings, and also made me laugh out loud?

One Year Left by J.C. Robinson is an excellent entrance into the world of first loves and romance. Will, our hero, has been burned in the past, and seeks a new start in Portland. I'll admit that when I first start reading this book, I wasn't sure what to expect! I love my HEAs and I hoped that J.C. Robinson wouldn't disappoint me -- disappointment didn't happen whatsoever.

Will and Kristen's relation
Alyssa
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle-books
This is quite a quick read. i kind of started slow though because I wasn't getting into yet, but once Will and Kristen's story start unfolding you'll be hooked!

truthfully, I kind of don't understand why it was short. this is more of a novella than a novel. the plot has a great potential to become one. and I really thought the author could play with the story though.

When I finished the story, I kind of didn't get the Operation One Year Left. I didn't know if it was a metaphor, or was he sick... i
Nate
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This book was just okay for me...I tried to get into it...this was a new author as well.
Jenna Snap
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I was given this ARC when I gave for an honest review for it.

I did not see what the point of this book was. I understood he said he only had one year left to live in the beginning, but was expecting more about it. I guess it was a metaphor for starting a "new" life. It was very confusing when the two main characters goes to flash back and back into real time without notating it. I did actually read the whole book, and still questioned what the point was the entire time.
It did have some cute ro
Barbara
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a he said she said kind of story and I found it kind of hard to follow, maybe if I had spent more time I would have gotten more into the story. I was gifted and copy and am leaving a voluntary review.
Maddie (HedgehogBookReviews)
You can also find this review on Hedgehog Book Reviews!!

Will has one year left to live. His last wish is to move to a new city, Portland, and spend his time working on a food truck with his close friend. Will doesn’t put much research into his new house, neighborhood, or, most importantly, roommate. She introduces herself as Kristen and captures his attention from the moment he meets her. At the time, Kristen is in a failing relationship with a guy who doesn’t listen to her and heavily buys into
Isa Lazo
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
Was given an ARC by the author in exchange for an honest review

Okay, from the very cover itself and the fact that it was going to be just about 100+ pages and nothing more; I already expected this book to be fast paced. I also expected things to be very light in the story because again, ice cream truck and a couple kissing on the cover doesn't really scream much.

To be honest, I don't mind reading romance books; in fact, I'm all for it but there comes a point where the romance can come off

• Disavowed (The Birthright Series Book 5)
  • Marked (Sins of Our Ancestors #1)
  • Finding Home (Almost a Billionaire Book 6)
  • misUnderstood (The Birthright Series Book 4)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • The Paris Secret
  • The Pride of Jared MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #2)
  • Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4)
  • Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)
  • The Perfect Hope (Inn Boonsboro Trilogy, #3)
  • The Return of Rafe MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #1)
  • The Heart of Devin MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #3)
  • Sixteen Brides
  • Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1)
  • The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #2)
  • The Fall of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers, #4)
  • Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)

News & Interviews