Start by marking “One Year Left” as Want to Read:
One Year Left

One Year Left

3.46  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
In the last year of his life, Will moves to Portland in search of happiness, but the disappointment and despair of his past aren't influenced by distance. Then he meets his new roommate, Kristen. Even with her own emotional scars, she's everything he's ever wanted. The trouble is, old habits are hard to break and if they can't find a way to move forward, they risk losing t ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about One Year Left, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Year Left

C.K.
Apr 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: earc
The story begins with Will moving to Portland, Oregon to start a food truck business with his best friend Daichi. Will moves to Portland to start what he calls “Operation One Year Left”. He wants to get a fresh start and make the most of his last year. This creates some mystery over what is wrong with Will. Does he really have one year left to live? Is he sick?
Will ends up renting an apartment with a girl names Kristen. Kristen’s’ last roommate didn’t get along with the landlord so the roommate
Catherine Imbeault || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ebook of this novel from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you J.C. Robinson!

This was a really light and cute read. The love story between Will and Kristen was extremely caring, and lighthearted. I liked how they were genuinely good people, who were there to support each other. At some point, the author mentioned Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, and I got super excited! It's one of my favourite songs. Although that was completely irrelevant I wanted to mention it.

The wh
Cindy Pearson
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
I finished it but it was a struggle.
Susanne
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What a book!! It really drags you in!! I know love at First sight works, but that it would work like this I never knew! A quick read that Does not dissapoint, and leaves you on your toes, wondering What will happen! A must read!
Keira
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own. This book has become an unfortunate victim of one of my New Years resolutions to star more harshly- it says two stars, but really it is 2.5 and maybe even 2.75 and I would still definitely recommend it if you are looking for a fun, easy romance and aren't too bothered about realism etc.

Ultimately, this book was fun. It was not a masterpiece, it was not life-changing and it wasn't incredible, but I laughe
N.N. Light
Readers of Nicholas Sparks and John Green (Fault in Our Stars) will love this new adult romance.

What would you do if you were given one year left to live? What would you focus on and what if the Universe matched you up with the perfect girl? Would you pursue it to see what happens or would you keep your distance, knowing you have little time left?

Such is the dilemma for Will. He’s got one year to live and decides to seize the moment in a big way. He moves to Portland, works with his best friend
Keryth Belvin
Apr 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Very Confusing

I am voluntarily reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book, One Year Left by J. C. Robinson.

I must not be reading the same book as these other reviewers because my opinion of this book is quite different from theirs. The story does match the books description listed here though so I don't know.
I only made it 26% into the book before I had to stop. It's all over the place. I wasn't always sure, at first, if I was reading about their past or present. And I'm so confused when it
Diana Perry
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced romance that was very sweet. Two lost souls with unsavory pasts try to make a go at an HEA. Will they be able to shed their pasts & allowing the other to help them heal? MUST get yourself a copy to find out. I voluntarily read this ARC &this is my honest review
Debbie Fair
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Every romantic lady out there
Recommended to Debbie by: The cover
Great sweet read for a love in fast time. Tremendous people wrote about in this book.
Nadine
May 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Right from the beginning I didn’t like the style. Too negative and rigid somehow. It just didn’t feel right to me. For me, this was a book I just couldn’t get into. It was a bit all over the place. The frequent memories take the flow out and feel more like stating facts to me. Too dry.

To be honest, I skipped parts that just weren’t interesting.

The Blurb says that it’s a sweet romance, but my definition of sweet is not the same as the author’s, I guess.

It does have a HEA , I did like that. But
Jenny
Nov 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
Jeanne
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I thought this story had good bones, but didn't quite flesh out. The story didn't seem to flow very well. The dialog is good, the plot is interesting, the characters are interesting, the thoughts seem scattered.
Joynell Schultz
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Right away, this book hooked me in. The premise of only having one year left to live, then stumbling across love. Of letting go of your past and embracing the future. Even better, I enjoyed the humor thrown in. Well done. I'll be reading more books by J.C. Robinson.
McKenzie (Bookishthingsandtea)
Closer to a 1.5 stars since I did end up finishing it.
This book was all over the place, and it was a real struggle to read. FRTC soon!
Natalie Sandford
Aug 25, 2017
Caroline Woodhall
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
what a great story it really pulled you into it . I must say I did get a bit confused at first until I got into it and worked out all the characters and who was telling each part of the story but it really had meaning behind it and how both will and kristen had been hurt in their past relationships and how it had scared them. Awesome read.
Anja
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, it's an interesting story of two people who kind of lost their believe in love. The title of the book suggests something 'deadly' is happening within the year... I could not figure out, what it's actually refering to... The style of writing - switching between past and present - has been kind of confusing to me. He's talking/thinking about Kristen and in the next paragraph it's Molly or someone else...
Andrea
rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2017
Shelia Barnes
Jul 06, 2017
ellieisuhm
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: j-c-robinson
Final Score - 4 Stars!

I struggled - as I see many of the other reviewers have - to read this book. Although the book matched the description, I felt it was all over the place and no clear reason was given for the title characters illness that left them with "one year left".

I wasn't sure and it wasn't clear, at first, if how Kristen and Cooper's relationship came to be about love. I'm glad I finished the book - finally - but it was a struggle.
Janica Gómez Verea
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love
Looking to leave his disappointments behind, Will moves from Maryland to Portland, Oregon, to find something to motivate him, he decided hehad One Year Left. After a list of bad relationships due to shyness, trust issues and social fear, he gets to meet his new roommate Kristen, who just broke with her last boyfriend is also full of trust issues.

It's a great positive story, where after going through piles of problems and insecurities, the sun finally shines and love wins the day!!
Catherine Medal
rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2017
Maria
Apr 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I admit when I initially read the plot I was really curious about this book and I decided to give it a try. On the other hand the story seemed at the beginning, very confusing and quite inconclusive. For this reason I continued reading the book and as I delved into the story I realized what was the real purpose of the author. This is overall an introspective trip towards a new life with a few glimpses of the past experiences of the characters. The story of two lost souls that meet and in just a ...more
Jackie
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A beautiful romance story between two people, Kristin and Will. Amazing light reading by a super author that leaves you wanting more. Received an ARC and my pleasure to review
Marissa
Aug 01, 2017
Carol Simmons
Jul 04, 2017
Dean
Jun 19, 2017
Suzanne
Apr 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I wasn't really sure what to expect from this book. Like most people I got the impession that Will was terminally ill. His move to Portland is the chance to make his one last year count for something. Via flashbacks you find that Will is extremely shy, an hasn't really had a real relationship before, more like crushes.

Will's new housemate is Kristen, who herself hasn't been lucky in love. At the start of the book she is in a relationship with Cooper which she has been in for a few years - he rea
« previous 1 3 next »