Start by marking “Strong Enough” as Want to Read:
Strong Enough

Strong Enough

From USA Today bestselling author Melanie Harlow and David Romanov, comes an all new sexy and emotional MM standalone romance.

I wasn’t looking for Derek Wolfe.

I wasn’t looking for anybody. All I wanted was to start a new life in America. But when I found myself stranded here with no place to go, he came to my rescue, offering me a place to stay.

He’s smart, successful, and
Published June 19th 2017 by MH Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Strong Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong Enough

Start your review of Strong Enough
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Derek is angry at the world. Obsessively neat, structured, and sexy, Derek has it all: a beautiful home, an expensive car, and a high-paying job. But Derek isn't happy. He's a success in everybody's eyes but his own.

Strong Enough has mixed reviews, and most of the differing opinions come down to Derek.

Derek is easy to hate. He has so much self-loathing about what he deems his aberrant desires, he takes it out on everyone else, especially Maxim, who falls into his life like fate on fire.

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
LIVE!

➦Loved it!

➦I have to say that I normally try to avoid any books that have Russian characters in it. Usually I just end up rolling my eyes so hard at the use of Russian words, etc. Once I've listened to a guy in an audiobook call his girl a little bear instead of a little mouse for hours...

➦And, as much as I've been trying to imagine that cute one in the gif above, somehow my brain kept sending me images of this instead:

➦Anywhooooo. This book has an adorable Russian guy who makes syrniki (ru
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

description

descriptionI like this cover. I mean there are two dudes on it so it's already a good representation of the book. What I particularly like though is the title work. It is unique and eye catching.description

descriptionOMG this book! It was just SO SO excellent. It was fantastically well written and nicely paced. It had angst. It had feels. It had hot sex scenes. It had interesting secondary characters. It had two very likable main characters. One hiding his true self to scared of what others will think to reach out and embrace
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I've read M/M books before, loved them, keep reading them. They're hot, they're sexy, they show me that life isn't so easy for all people when they find love, they show that not every one is accepted for loving exactly who they want to love. I've never been in that position and reading these books makes me want to write it in the sky : LOVE IS LOVE, no matter who you are or who you love.

This book, I LoVeD it and I HaTeD it. I absolutely adored the amazing writing these two authors did. This st
Sabrina
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: man-oh-man
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I don't think I've ever been at such a loss for words like I am now with this review. Strong Enough was such a fantastic book that I don't think there are enough words in the English language to describe it.

This was a perfectly paced book with just enough drama and angst to keep me captivated with these characters. My heart was breaking for them because they so clearly belonged together but Derek was having such a hard time with it. That struggle made me fall in
Nazanin
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
4.25 Strong Stars

Maxim is twenty-four-year-old and from Russia. He wants to be a Hollywood screenwriter so he went to US but then his bag was stolen at a bar. The owner of the bar is Derek’s sister. She felt guilty so she spoke to Derek to help Maxim, so he took Maxim to his house till he could find another place. Derek is a Commercial property development but it’s not his passion. He doesn’t like people talk about him, he is obsessed with odd numbers (just like me), his house is always tidy, he
Ele
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ok listen, I'm not the reader who thinks that coming out is a requirement for a HEA, and I'm certainly not a reader who judges MCs who struggle. No, I'm sympathetic with characters who are in denial, or struggle with self acceptance. What I don't justify, is being ALL the above things, and at the same time stringing along the other guy, initiating sex with him multiple times only to push him away later. And planning to go back to your plans for a wife and a picket fence house.
“But that doesn’
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
We have an AMAZING signed paperback giveaway going on now.
Corina brought some treasures with her from the book signing last weekend in the OC, so we're sharing with you!!!

Enter below for a chance to win one of 6 signed paperbacks.

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵
4.5 STARS

This is so much more than a beautiful love story! It's a story about being brave and true to yourself. I simply adored it. I laughed, cried, and yelled at the charac
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog

Wow I loved this book so much.I like everything about it, the characters,the story and the romance was perfect.I loved the writing, so beautiful and it has the perfect amount of angst to keep your interest!

I fell in love with Derek and Maxim,they stole my heart.They have an amazing chemistry!Also there are some really steamy and passionate moments between them.*Sigh* I could keep talking and talking about how amazing these two were together.

I can't wait to see more books from these aut
Teal
** 2.5 stars **

You know how sometimes a restaurant will serve you something with a lettuce leaf and slice of tomato on the side? And you look at that tomato slice and you know -- you know -- that it won't taste like a tomato, or taste like anything at all, actually. But you eat it anyway. And sure enough, you were right.

That's how this book was for me. Like that tomato, it wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was just... there.
Jaime
Strong Enough by Melanie Harlow and David Romanov is a sexy, romantic, love wins type story. Having read Ms. Harlow's work in M/F stories I was excited to see how she did branching into the gay romance world. I would have to say, she succeeded well!

Strong Enough is a story of finding yourself and allowing yourself to be "you" ...even if that "you" isn't what others may have expected. This story made me think, as a parent, of the expectations we put on our children -- things we want for them, th
Shannon
I wasn’t expecting him at all. I wasn’t expecting any of it.

When Melanie Harlow announced she was going to be writing a m/m romance I honestly couldn’t contain my excitement. Although this would be a new genre for her, I had absolutely no doubt she would write an engaging, heartfelt, and captivating story, not unlike her previous novels. Add in the fact that she was going to be cowriting with David Romanov, someone bringing his own life experiences to this book, I was like a kid on Christma
Karla
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Loved this book and everything about it.
Maxim has just arrived from Russia to America, on a chance encounter he meets Derek and ends up temporarily living with him. They both feel an attraction to each other but for Derek is difficult to acknowledge since his straight. In till one kiss changes everything.

description"/

This book was everything I love in a good romance book. The angst was so good nothing OTT. I loved both guys and how different they are from each other and their sexual chemistry wa
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

Gay-for-you Perfection!

photo 99955892-C9B3-473C-8B0B-41D844955594_zps4gdvp2w8.gif

Wow! Fans of MM romance, I can't recommend this book enough! Leave to it Melanie Harlow, who I find writes books heavier on angsty emotion but a bit lighter on steam, to co-author a gay romance and shoot that steam through the roof!

This book seriously had it all. A gay-for-you trope, which, on the surface is rather overused, but this is written in such an angsty tug of war way that I seriously could not put my kindle down. Sleep be damned. This is a first book for he
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
3.5 Stars!

This one was okay. In the end I liked it.

But I had a hard time getting past Derek being such a dickhead the first half of the book.

And there were definitely some loose endings that never get wrapped up.

Maxim was definitely the winner of the book with his sweet and endearing personality.
Mandy
This is a fantastic and beautiful M/M romance! I loved the chemistry between Derek and Maxim from the moment they meet - two men from two totally different lives but feelings that couldn't be denied. I've read a couple M/M romances before this but never have I become as invested in the characters and their story like I did in this book. There was just something so magical about the way this was written - from the first introduction to these characters, I fell in love with them and couldn't wait ...more
Sophie's Reading Corner
"With love, anything was possible."

Derek is a neat monster who has everything in order. He has the perfect plan for his life, to find a wife, get married and have kids; make the perfect family. One night his sister calls him and asks for a favor. To come and pick up a Russian guy who just came to USA and he was stolen and he has nowhere to go for the night. He asks him to offer him a place to stay for the night and after a while he does that.

I wasn't expecting him at all.
I
Diana
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 because we all know GR does not yet have ½ stars!!!

I really did enjoy this story, but I did have a problem with one of the main characters, Derek. He was struggling with the fact that he is gay. Yes, it is realistic, but the man is almost 40 years old and he is worried about what everyone will think, how his parents will react, and he wanted a family. What about his feelings? It was sad to see him try to deny how he felt.

I did, however, love Maxim. He was just adorable.
Kaila
4.25/5 stars

"Because I wanted to know what it would be like to be yours. To belong to you."

This was FANTASTIC!! Strong Enough is smoking hot, breathtakingly sweet and just a perfect romantic story. Derik and Maxim were PERFECT together and they just made my heart go crazy. My emotions were flying throughout this angst-filled book about strength, acceptance and love. This is only my second adult M/M and so far they have both been amazing books. I cannot stop think about this story.

Maxim has
Fabi
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I don't know either of them personally, Melanie and David come across in interviews as two of the nicest people on the planet.

If I was rating the authors I'd be adding a million stars. Authors are awesome, always and forever. They have my undying gratitude for sharing their storytelling gift with the public (me).

However, I never judge a book by it's author. Even books by my all-time favorite auto-buy authors get a "book review".

All that to say that while I love these authors, I "liked" the
DW
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-love
4⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Debbi
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This....this was so beautifully written and executed so flawlessly. In typical Melanie Harlow style, once again she has given her all in an emotional journey proving that love is love is love.

David Romanov, you amaze me! Not only have you jumped off the cover of Man Candy, but now you've brought to life a character that is you in the fictional world and proven that you are so well spoken and beautiful on the inside and the outside. I was so touched by this journey of spontaneity and this was be
Jo
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 4-stars, gr2017
I wasn’t expecting him at all.
I wasn’t expecting any of it.

In Strong Enough we have Maxim Matveev, a twenty-four year old Russian, he’s gay and refuses to hide it and he’s just landed in California, hoping to live the American dream. But as fate would have it, he’s left stranded at the airport and his luggage is stolen. And his rescue comes in the form of successful and seemingly straight Derek Wolfe.

MADNESS. It was madness inside me.
The way I wanted him. The way I needed
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Authors***

What a stunningly beautiful story.

While this was a romance, this was also this amazing story about 2 people living their dreams, finding who they are, and reaching out for that life until they get it.

I am not usually one to read the M/M romance. Not that I have any issues with them, but because I often feel that the character development is left a little sparse and that the focus within the books is the “taboo” of the male relationship with another man. I am sur
Jay
3.5 stars – Yes, I realize right off the bat that I’m in the tiny minority by being divided about Melanie Harlow’s first foray into M/M romance, Strong Enough, co-authored with David Romanov. In spite of it being a well-written and quick-paced read, one which I did like, a couple of the plot decisions kept this from living up to the lofty expectations I had after noticing the overall sentiment of those who had read the book before me.

While the details forming Strong Enough’s plot are unique in m
Hanne
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It had been ages since I read a MM romance and I had been thinking about reading one soon, so I started this book as soon as it landed on tablet. I loved it! It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I loved the characters, the romance, the passion, the angst and the writing. It was amazing to read and learn about a few Russian things.

Maxim has always dreamed of moving to the US and becoming a scenarist. He doesn’t want to leave his mom and his little sister, but he wants to try and live
Karen
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Strong Enough is one of those books where life takes a back seat. Read. Obsess. Read more. Breathe. Read some more. Forget the kids need to eat. Forget I need to iron clothes. Read.

Maxim, chasing the dream that is America. Everyone gotta have a dream. The streets are paved with gold and everyone is welcome. Creed. Colour. Religion. Sexuality. There's a place for us.

Maxim takes a massive risk. To up sticks, to chase the dream, to leave a loving family. My lovely Maxim and of course I think of Di
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 Love is Love CROWNS

Strong Enough couldn't have been any more perfect. Melanie Harlow and David Romanov not only show how brave and strong people must be to embrace who they are but also who they love. Maxim and Derek's story is inspirational and filled to the brim with love, of others and of self, and I couldn't put it down!

Both of the men in this novel are fantastic characters. Maxim has that exuberance for life that just oozes off of the pages. Other charact
Sanaa
Jun 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.75 stars.

When I saw that Melanie was writing her very first M/M novel with David, I knew I had to get it no matter what. I'm a big fan of the genre.

This was quite an adorable read. I don't remember when the last time was that I read a book where there was a main character who was Russian. What I really, really loved about this book was Maxim. He was simply amazing. And he made the story so much better.

He was true to himself, open and I loved reading his POV to see him grow into an amazing i
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo be2ad42cb2adc97395885e3ff7ad6f_zpsqlcjuppl.gif

It’s June and it’s Pride Month and so how fitting it is that Melanie Harlow & David Romanov released an M/M book this month. And to top it off this M/M book blew me away. Yes, I strongly urge and request you to GO READ Strong Enough.

This book was everything you could have wanted in romance and so much more. I am very familiar with Melanie Harlow’s books and so it was no surprise from me to have her deliver a romance that demanded your

• Want Me (Extracurricular Activities, #1)
  • Roommate
  • Try Me (Extracurricular Activities #2)
  • Eu Escolho Você
  • Without You
  • Just a Bit Wrecked (Straight Guys, #11)
  • Broken
  • Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • A Guy Walks Into My Bar
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Worship (On My Knees Duet, #1)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)
  • The Guy in the Window
USA Today bestselling author of sweet and sexy romance. Lover of cocktails, high heels, and history with the naughty bits left in. Michigan girl. INTJ. Always seeking ginspiration...

Find me!