Start by marking “When We Fall” as Want to Read:
When We Fall

When We Fall

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  235 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
Do you remember that moment?
That one moment.
The one when you changed.
People might say it was this or that, but deep down you know.
You know.
I remember mine, it didn't just change me.
It changed everything.

Everyone thought Mason Knight would be the whirlwind that swept me away, my unexpe
Published June 1st 2017 by Dedicated Ink Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about When We Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When We Fall

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
 photo ARC BANNER_zpsll5r858b.jpg
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo goodreads border_zpsy5xc8i94.jpg
 photo Untitled_zpsuozadzts.jpg

ROUGH REVIEW WILL FINISH IT OFF IN THE MORNING.

WHEN WE FALL: Is a standalone romance novel by Sloane Murphy and is a new to me author but definitely won’t be the last. Set up in ‘Two Parts’ The first part we see these two in High school the Second part they are trying to put themselves back together after being involved in a tragic terrorizing event.

This starts off in Erin’s senior year at Rocky Falls High, where she is subjected to harsh bullying, she’s the town's pariah, a poor little or
Jacquellyn
May 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
***ARC provided for an honest review***

Oh boy. I have some issues with this book. But I don't want to offend this author or hinder others from reading it. I considered just not writing a review, but for ppl who read romance and esp NA/YA, I feel like I owe you a review.
My first issue is mostly a pet peeve. This book takes place in America, but the author is most likely not American. This alone doesn't bother me, but the sayings and wordage just don't match the setting. Things like, "Mum, bloody
BookSmacked
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
When We Fall had me sucked in right from the get go. At page three I was already dying to read more.

This story is heartbreaking and will take you back to the times of being a teenager. It's real and raw painting us a picture of what some going through high school can face. It's not always pretty and sometimes you have to weather the storm and sometimes you break.

Erin goes through bullying in this story and my heart completely went out to her. At times I found myself so angry for her. Angry at
Coco.V
Sep 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (9/12/2017)!
Na

ARC provided by the author to the Facebook group "Quirky Blind Date With A Book"

"I know a lot of people think he changed me, but the reality is, he just gave me the room and the courage to be who I've always been."

"You have to let me go, Erin. You know I always told you, butterflies are the beautiful souls taken too soon. Now, you'll get to see me become a butterfly all of my own."

This book is very emotional. It works with a lot of very sensitive but very important topics. I'm glad Sloa
Lea ★
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by author.

Review to come...
Kim
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I always like getting the chance to read something by an author who is new to me. In this case, I got the chance to read When We Fall by Sloane Murphy, whom I'd never read before, and I don't think this will be last Sloane Murphy book.

When We Fall is an emotional, coming of age story that follows Erin and Mason as they come together in high school, even in the face of bullying, betrayal and heartbreak. Erin tries to make the best of her situation being in the unfortunate line of vision of the v
Azrah
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: on-hold
Terrible. DNF 80%
Victoria
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So... I am completely at a loss for words right now and any one who knows me knows that damn near never happens. Like ever.

I feel like I have just been involved in the most beautifully, tragic love story and that my heart has been ripped from my chest and shattered into a million pieces and at the same time so absolutely full of love for this story and it's characters and I am not sure how that's even possible. I adore Sloane's writing, she lured me in with her paranormal series so this beauty
Hayley Martin
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Do you remember that moment? That one moment. The one when you changed. People might say it was this or that, but deep down you know. You know exactly what that moment was. Even if you're not ready to admit it to yourself. You Know I remember mine, it didn't just change me. It changed everything.

Everyone thought Mason Knight was the whirlwind that swept me away. But nothing compares to those two shots. Those two shots woke me up and made me see that when we fall, sometimes we need help to get
Jan
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good college romance.

I love story's like this, Erin is a loner and prefers it that way, she's bullied by a group of girls who at times are nothing but pure evil, Erin avoids them best she can and just wants to get through her school day without incident.

Mason, *sighs, what can I say, he's the new hottie in school, a night in shining armour, When all the girls eyes are on him Mason has only eyes for one girl from day one.

A good story that has two parts the school years with bullying and Erin
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
When you stumble and falter on what or how to start a review because you can't decide whether you liked what you read or not, it's always difficult. Therefore, I took a step back from the pen and paper and thought about the relationship I had just read.

The fact that it took me a few hours to read and in those hours, my head was permanently stuck in the book, to which I was consumed, I couldn't put it down. Is when you realise that although an emotional read and a hard read in places this book w
Sue
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I'd take the moon from the sky for you if it was in my power." Sloane Murphy's When We Fall is a more than just a teenage love story. I travels into very difficult subject matter including bullying and the extremity of bullying that can be out there for relatively normal teenagers. It shows both how some do nothing at all to stop it and others will do everything they can to protect others who are being bullied. Those who are not afraid to confront the issue head on and those who can't past it t ...more
Danielle Swainston
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When a book is good it pulls you in and doesnt let you go until you have read till the very end. When a book is amazing, just as this one was it doesnt just pull you in, it makes you feel everything, you literally live alongside the characters. You laugh when they laugh, you cry when they cry. You become their biggest cheerleader and their best friend.

When We Fall isnt just a normal story, its a story about growing up, about finding yourself. A story about a girl who is lost, but with so much f
Elmarie Pieterse
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where the hell have I been all this time??? Why is this my first read by Sloane Murphy??? Cause this book was absolutely amazing.... heartbreaking but AMAZING!!!! I just couldn't put it down!!! This book definitely open your eyes for how cruel life can be sometimes and how beautiful it can be to!!! No matter what happens in your life their can always be a silver lining if you just keep fighting and if you don't let the bad win!!!! Mason and Erin's story was so beautifully written and it touched ...more
Nikki
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fab fab read by Sloane Murphy!!!
What an emotional time this book takes us on!!
Absolutely fab story about Erin who was abandoned by her parents when she was a baby and is going through a hard time at high school putting up with some vile bullies...if she could only get through 1 more year she will be free.. then along comes Mason Knight to join the school and everything changes!
Erin starts to enjoy life.. feeling happy for the first time in a while when starts to let her barriers down all thin
Emma Turnbull
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The story line is engaging and moves at a pace that keeps you wanting more! The story engages you and you can relate to parts of it from your own school life
Erin and Mason are perfect for each other and I'm glad they started out as friends and continued along their journey! I loved that he came into her life when she needed someone to help her see who she really was! The ending was by far the saddest ending I've read in a long time and I hope we get to see parts of their future in the next book
Tammy
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a tough read dealing with so many issues, the worst is the bullying in high school. I hate knowing it is really happening to our children and it goes unnoticed or unpunished or unrecognized my heart broke for Erin. I loved that Mason came into her school and didn't fall prey to the popular crowd of bullies. Great message about standing up for yourself and friends. Then dark tragedy hits and my stomach dropped. This was an intense emotional journey you can't stop the tears but you are so ...more
Mary Fazzi
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Absolutely amazing read!!!
Erin is outcasted for nothing other than being different. She had one friend named Charli but she needed to move but still talk weekly. She's a brilliant student that just exist and deals with bullying so much. Then a new student Mason comes in and he has his eyes on her.Erin was left shortly after she was born and Monica was the only one she's ever had care for her. Erin feels love and makes a new friend and boyfriend. With drama and love throughout the book it's a mus
Crystal Wilke
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am lost for words for When We Fall. Hats off to Sloane im writing an AMAZING, Powerful, Memboral story. I freaking sobbed like a baby at the end. So many emotions throughout the book. I didn't want Mason and Erin's story to end. When We Fall is a MUST read. Thank you Sloane for stepping out of your comfort zone and writing this story. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

P.S. Have tissues next to you.

Memboral,Powerful, Meaningful, Swoon Worthy, Knight in shinning armor, Romance
Mistee  Lemaster
Jun 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book not knowing the title or the author! I read this book with no expectations, no idea what I was getting into, and was hooked on the story line! I loved meeting Erin, and watching her struggle thru life.... meeting Mason and watching him struggle to get Erin's attention! I was super shocked when I discovered this book was by none other than Ms. Sloane!!!! I have read her Descent series so this was not something I expected from her but, bravo!!! great job!!!!
Lyly
Sep 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great book, such a page turner, once you start reading it you just can't put it down!

This book was such an amazing read. You are sucked in right from the beginning. It's heartbreaking and sweet.

It also addresses some sensitive themes like bullying, the importance of forgiveness and of living in the moment since life is short and everything could change at any time.

It was a really nice read that I would strongly recommend you to read soon.
Jessica
Shelves: arc
Wow what can I say about this story. Its a must read. I loved every second of it. It will mess with your emotions big time. I ugly cried while reading this.

This story has some pretty big real life issues that are heartbreaking. Bullying is one of them. This made it into my all time favorite reads.

I recieved this book via #QuirkyBlindDateWithABook
Susan
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book, much to my own surprise, as I generally dont read a lot of teenage romance. This book, however, could change my mind as the characters were not only well written but had a depth and soul to them that is generally missing from most high school romances. Side characters that added drama, humour and background added to the reading pleasure. If you havent read this author before you will find this book hard to put down as well as entertaining.
Sharon Jones
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well this is my first ever Sloane Murphy book, and I have to wonder what rock I have been hiding under to miss everything that this author has ever written before.
By the first few pages I was thoroughly hooked. I couldn't wait to read what new horror awaited Erin and how she was going to overcome it all.
Then Mason enters her life. To begin with nothing really changes for her at school, until they get unbelievably worse.
This book had so many rollercoaster emotions for me. It was exceptionally wel
Karina Giblin
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaargh! The ugly tears are falling! So.Damn.Good! Love, hope, the horridness of mean girls and losing ones who give you everything.... book hangover, commence.
5 stars is not enough for this story. The ending ripped my heart out.
Shannon Davison
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a truly emotional story. It had me holding my breath on minute and had my heart stopping the next. What Erin goes through is heartbreaking and I'm glad Mason came into her life. They are truly meant to be. An absolutely amazing story that everyone needs to read.
Karen Arrowood
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-read, arc, ebooks
Not bad, but definitely in need of editing.
Also, if you are going to set a teen book in the United States, you shouldn't have the characters using British spellings, phrases/sayings and slang.

Complete review to come....

I received an ARC in return for an honest review.
Stacey
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this book!! Kept me interested from the first chapter, I laughed I cried and just fell in love!
Sarah Green
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tragic, but in a beautiful way.

So much happened in this story. So much pain was felt. But there were plenty of beautiful moments too. Definitely a must read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Book Hangover...: When We Fall: REVIEW 1 9 May 21, 2017 11:42AM
Sloane Murphy is the author of the best selling series, The Immortal Chronicles, as well as a range of other paranormal and young adult romance.

Sloane lives in Peterborough, England, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for cheesy YA Films, cupcakes and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much hot chocolate, and watches an ungodly amount of Netfl