Start by marking “root” as Want to Read:
root

root

root is an intimate digest of short poems and navigational communication. a 40-page journal appears in the back of the book for readers to record their thoughts and realities. author, melissa tripp's hope is that this book will provoke reflection and depth through a subset of underground truths.
Published by CreateSpace (first published March 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about root, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about root

Start your review of root
Norah Una Sumner
Absolutely adored this. I somehow picked it up just when I needed it the most, without even realizing it and cried my heart out but it's worth it honestly. There are so many topics that are close to my heart here and the rawness of it all made me even more emotional. A fantastic journal-book really.
Lizzy Reads
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I feel always weird reviving poetry books, especially if they were just ok in my mind. I see poetry as a very personal thing to the writer and for the reader and I feel really sad when I didn't enjoy that much someone's collection. At the end of the day, this poetry book is so long that I found poems that I love and once that I didn't -this is more than ok but I don't want to leave a longer review.
Abraham Phillips
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Review and Thoughts:

This is an amazing complex poetry book of dynamic wordplay and an imaginative truth of ideas, scenarios. Most of all it grabs the reader, and sends them into a bliss of excellence.

This is an emotional package of walkways into an array of personal inner self, and also the beating heart of an open road of discovery. Words can be powerful and Tripp makes those words come to life, beat as if a heart beats, care as if love personified page after page.

I really loved this book of
Lucille
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
More like 3,5/5
I really liked this book at the beginning and for a large part of it, it was very empowering. I highlighted a lot of poems and bookmarked a lot of pages.
But it ended up being quite repetitive by the end.
I'll try to write a better review whenever I have time (but I'm working until mid-June so I'm not sure when), because this book totally deserve one :)
Michaela Woods
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Five stars. Truly stunning.

Five stars. This is a truly stunning collection of words that you can feel come straight from the authors heart and soul and into the readers! I would definitely recommend this beautifully written book.
M. Hollis
May 08, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF at 20% because I can't flip the pages on my app anymore. I'll go back to this when I find a way to fix this bug.
Abraham Phillips
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Review and Thoughts:

I really loved this book of
Veta
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am in the habit of only giving 5 stars to poetry if they strike my heart, maybe ignite tears. This collection is 5 stars.

I think I may have highlighted a good third of the poems, but they connected with where I am right now in my life. It's possible that this collection seems so honest and ebullient at the moment because some the messages in the poems were ones I needed to hear; to understand that where my life is now is part of a journey.

It's the transcendent nature of language that I can
Nubia
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Me encantó, en verdad...root es un libro que te hace pensar; los poemas tocan tantos temas como la aceptación de uno mismo, el perdón, la sanación y lo más importante el amor y sus repercusiones, en verdad, recomiendo que lo lean.

La manera en la que Melissa escribe te deja analizando todo lo que alguna vez hiciste y cómo te desenvolviste con las personas a tu alrededor, idk en verdad me encantó, lo volveré a leer una y otra vez, de eso estoy segura.

No le doy cinco estrellas porque hay algo que
Matt Banks
Aug 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredible! This book takes you on a journey from beginning to end. The imagery she uses to set the table is well done. Many different styles and forms of poetry in this book. She pacts incredible power and perspective into each poem whether it's several stanzas or just a few lines. This is a book you can read over and over and look back to when you need answers or need to reflect.
Charlotte Anne Hamilton
[[5 STARS]]

this book was so empowering. i highlighted so many poems because they just spoke so true and deep. it was everything i needed to hear right now and i'm so thankful i got to read this. it just made my head clearer, my senses sharper. i recommend this completely
Aude Odeh
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First off, this is a lot to digest. Page wise but content wise as well. You will have poems where you have to let them sit with you. Process them. Explore them. Take your time.

This collection is a journey. Enjoy every single step.
Aude Odeh
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Utterly Fantastic

This collection is a journey. Enjoy every single step.
McKayla DeBonis
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I truly connected to this collection of poetry, I highlighted half of it. This is seriously a soulful collection of poetry, I'm truly happy I got this when o did and for the bargain I did. Amazing job.
Amanda
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Beautiful prose

I enjoyed many of the poems in this collection. Some resonated with me others I skimmed. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys good poetry.
Arrianne
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
excuse me while i dry my tears
Jordan
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5, This was Phenomenal! I highlighted and bookmarked in this kindle copy WAY more than i have any other copy of a kindle book i own, so many good lines a real piece of art
Ilse
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have no words.
Kitty
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry, wlw
The journey in this collection is so expansive in its articulation. It's full of pain, love and growth. It's simply everything I adore in a good book of poems. I know I'll be returning to it again and again.
Krysta.
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
To all the readers: Root will touch you in ways only you can express. I swear once I started reading I couldn't stop. This book deserves 100 stars if possible.

To my wife: Words can never express how proud I am of you. I want you to know I'm your number one fan. And i'm Beyond grateful that I get to see all the behind the scenes of all your hard work. You touch my soul with each word. Keep making me proud baby.
Steph
rated it did not like it
Aug 16, 2017
Apr 20, 2018
Jessica C Writes
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I didn't really feel connected to it and I found a lot of the poems to be really hard to follow.
Amanda

• Bones in the Garden
  • love, and you
  • It Starts Like This: a collection of poetry
  • Honeybee
  • The Sheriff of Wickham Falls (Wickham Falls Weddings #3)
  • The Exorsistah (Exorsistah, #1)
  • X Returns (Exorsistah, #2)
  • All the Women in My Family Sing: Women Write the World: Essays on Equality, Justice, and Freedom
  • Something to Talk About (The Cochran/Deveraux Series)
  • Nejma
  • The Chaos of Longing
  • Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower
  • in the absence of the sun
  • Uncaged Wallflower
  • Wisdom from the Batcave: How to Live a Super, Heroic Life
  • Salt
  • soft magic.
Melissa M. Tripp is a writer, poet, author, and storyteller from Boston, Massachusetts. Her work explores and expresses themes of love, vulnerability, empowerment, simplicity, personal narrative, and hypothetical selves. When asked what inspiration for her is in an interview with London-based writer and blogger Bianca Bass, she says: "Sometimes I think we complicate inspiration trying to dissect ...more
“i want to be in the presence of honest beings, creative beings, seeing beings, healing beings, learning beings, beautiful beings.” 1 likes
“like a tree, you will experience high winds and hard rains. but. know that you are built for it. give your storms names. become.” 0 likes