Start by marking “Payback (Viking Bastards MC, #2)” as Want to Read:
Payback (Viking Bastards MC, #2)

Payback

(Viking Bastards MC #2)

Gage…

I don't fuck girls who work for me, but as soon as Amelia turns those big green eyes on me I know she's trouble. I can't keep my hands off her, and the almost-but-not-quite-sex we share in the kitchen is the hottest thing I've ever had. Except she calls it quits, before we've even started.

Published May 1st 2017 by Entangled Publishing LLC (first published April 7th 2017)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review

This story is some how familiar, but it also isn't. Don't want to complicate it. It sounds famimiar but there are twists and turns I didn't see coming. So not really familiar, I hope I didn't confude you.

I loved how sassy and strong Amelia is, she is the perfect match for Gage! Sometimes Gage his thought bothered me, but that's just probably guy thinking. That gift *SWOON* damn for a not knowing what he is doing he did great!

I would'v
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

The book takes place right after Gage's brothers. Gage and Amelia have a "past". Well actually their fathers do. There's more drama and some MC action in this book than his brothers. Plus there's plenty of hot bedroom scenes, alleys, garages and a "bad guy" to take care of. Along with some emotional angst. This one needs an epilogue too.

Now will the next book be Kat, Gage and Zach's sister, or the silent MC Hawk. My vote is for Hawk.
Tami
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: phillips-c, netgalley
3.5

Nice MC story.

Erin Kelly
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading the first book in the Viking Bastards MC series, "Hooked", I knew I would be coming back for more. This second installment did not disappoint, but it did surprise me.

The Story-
Amelia comes from a family that was involved with a rival MC of the Viking Bastards. There was enough bad blood that she wants revenge, and the only way to do it is to go undercover as a bartender at Odin's. She doesn't expect her mark, Gage, to be anything like the sexy, protective guy she immediately has th
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Payback was great new addition to Christina Phillips Viking Bastards MC series. I'm super picky about biker/MC romances because they typically highlight all my triggers and are not safe reads for me. If you're like me and it's hard to find a safe biker bad boy romance, I think you should take a chance on the Viking Bastards MC series. So far Phillips has introduced some rough around the edges guys with heart. I'm a huge fan of this series.

As alpha jerks go Gage is right up there with the best o
Naima Simone
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved HOOKED, Book 1 in the Viking Bastards MC series, and was seriously anticipating book two. So when I had a chance to read an ARC of PAYBACK I was all over it! And I was not disappointed. At all. I finished it in a day and a half--and not because it was short. Nope. Once I started, it was difficult to put it down. Gage and Amelia were HOT! Lawd, were they hot. But that's not all there is to this erotic contemporary romance. The plot was great, the romance was wonderful, and the secondary c ...more
Bette Hansen
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! A bit more of the MC side than the prior book but still not a hardcore MC read. It's sexy, rough, and full of twists that keep you turning the page. This is Gage's story. Gage is Zach's brother (Zach from the first book Hooked). While this one can be read and enjoyed without reading the first book, it was nice to have the backstory to this family.

Amelia is looking for revenge at first. She's been told all her life that Gage's MC was responsible for her father's death.
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I Voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book

I enjoyed this one, but I think I still liked the previous book better. :-)

Gage has a rule about not sleeping with the women that works for him. But when Amelia starts working there he might just have to change his rules.

Amelia has a plan of making the people who killed her father pay. So she starts working at Gage's bar and she wants to get some payback for what happened to him.

But she didn't count on her feelings for Gage or finding out that what happe
Ayekah
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mc, series, sexual-tension
I'm not a big reader of MC books at all, but this book has probably changed that. I loved this story.
Amelia looking to settle a score for her fathers death while in prison. He was part of an MC club, his counterpart of a rival club was also in prison at the time. Her fathers death was blamed on him.
Her mother moved Amelia (Amy) and her two sisters away and they also took her mother's last name.
They were totally isolated and abandoned by the Fathers MC club after his death. Distance.
Amelia is co
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
What-a-follow-up. Yes, it was good. Dark. Intense. Hot. Deep. Amelia. Gage. Secrets. Passion. Lust. Revenge/Payback. Depends on your own viewpoint. Amelia sets in motion the payback she felt that she deserved. That was until she had a chance to meet and assess the accused. Things change all around for both Amelia and Gage.

I enjoyed book one, Hooked. It all carried over to the enjoyment of book two, Payback. Christian has given a second hot, sexy, alpha male to fall in love with and his match. Re
Maria Rose
Revenge! Well, at least some satisfaction, that's what Amelia is looking for when she agrees to spy on the Viking Bastards MC to try to catch them in some of their illegal activities - payback since she believes that Gage Reynold's deceased father was the man responsible for her own father's death. Not that her father was squeaky clean, an enforcer for the Wolves, but she loved him. Getting a part time job at the Bastards bar Odin's is the first step to her plan - and puts her right smack dab in ...more
Michaelene
Apr 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Payback is book two in Christina Phillips’s Viking Bastards MC series, and wow, was this one steamy read!

No one should be able to turn your body into a burning heap of need just by being there.

Amelia wants payback. The Vikings Bastards MC was behind the death of her father who was an enforcer for another MC, the Silver Wolves. All she needs to do is work in their bar and get information that they’re running illegal drugs. She doesn’t expect to fall for Gage, the son of the father who killed her
Corinne Morris
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was provided to me via Netgallery in exchange for my honest opinion.
I am a big reader of MC books and this one did not disappoint. I have never read this author before and I will definitely read more.
For those that do not like a lot of violence in some MC books, this book is for you. All of the Alpha Male goodness and a sassy female lead, and is very light on violence (think bar type fights).
Gage is all the things you want in a male lead: cocky, arrogant, sexy as sin and bossy.
Amel
Jessica Alcazar
Once again I say: fanfuckingtastically DEeeeelicious #TRUST

The series continues to be non motorcycle club related but also moves closer to being so. Payback brings us closer because our leading lady is also part of the world itself, but not really LOL (confused you yet?) You see, Amelia has been told this story about her late father. This story involves the Viking Bastards and their rival (or maybe not so much) MC. So she's come to get some answers and maybe a little .... payback. What she gets
Jeanne
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jeep-diva
I enjoyed Hooked and readily accepted Payback when it was offered for review. I like that Phillips gives us alpha male motorcycle club men without the baggage of a traditional MC groups’ treatment of women. Because her relationships take place mostly outside of the club activities, the dynamics between Gage and Amelia are those of any other modern couple.

Amelie, aka Amy, quickly realizes taking the job at Gage’s bar to help her get revenge on the MC that killed her dad isn’t going to work since
Shelley
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
ARC provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
I really enjoy MC books however I had not read any in the Viking Bastards MC series. This is the second book in the series. Even having not read the first book I was not behind or confused. But I do now need to go back and read the first one.

This is the story of Gage and Amelia. Amelia is out for revenge over the murder of her father.
The key to that revenge is getting close to Gage, the murders son. However, it d
Heather 123
Jul 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was just okay for me. I enjoyed the twist of what really happened vs what everyone thought had happened. I don't really see this as a true MC book though because very little involved the current MC. It was more about what happened in the past and with MCs that weren't active in this book.

Not a bad book overall. I liked that both characters fought what they felt for the other person.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
Nalla Reads
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads

IMG_1489.JPG

Ooooh are bad boy MC romances the dirty kind of fun.

Amelia is on a mission to take down the man who's father murdered her own...only she didn't count on him being so goregous, and sexy..and sweet. Gage has a rule: he doesn't mess with the girls that work in his bar. But one look at Amelia and he knows it's game over: she's his.

These two are hot-hot-hot! Gage is bad boy to the core and oh does he bring that to the bedroom when it comes to Amelia. He'll do and say an
Patricia
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yep, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

It was darker yet so appealing and captivating. Payback was a great book with a very hot, sexy romance between what would consider rival characters.
Amelia and Gage are definitely going to stick in my mind for sometime to come.
We also have some really wonderful secondary characters which I'm sure will continue over to the next book.
After reading books like this one I am hopefully addicted to the MC books.
I can't wait to see what happens next.
Susan (susayq ~)
4.5

With as much as I liked the first book in this series, I liked this one even more! This one had more grit and MC business and still managed to keep things from getting too deep and dark.

Amelia has hated the Viking Bastards, and Axel Reynolds, for the last ten years. Ever since her mother explained to her that they were going to have to change their name and move because one of the Bastards had killed her father while he was in prison. So when she's presented with a chance to help bring them d
Sandy S
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date May 1, 2017

Gage…

I don't f*ck girls who work for me, but as soon as Amelia turns those big green eyes on me I know she's trouble. I can't keep my hands off her, and the almost-but-not-quite-sex we share in the kitchen is the hottest thing I've ever had. Except she calls it quits, before we've even started.

Instead of moving on, she’s all I can think about and that's bad news. I'm breaking all my rules for her, and don't even care.

Until I find out who she is
Tash
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

Payback can be sweet revenge. But in Philip’s latest MC romance things don’t go exactly to plan for Amelia daughter of a dead rival MC club member. Guided by the past , Amelia decides to seek revenge on the Vikings MC clubs and finds her falling for Gage her target . One of the Reynolds we got to introduced into the previous book. He happens to be her new boss and member of the Vikings who
Helen
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another fabulous instalment in this series, sexy, sensual and I devoured every word as we meet the woman that is going to stand up to Gage Reynolds and that she does, Amelia Davis is feisty and she knows how to look after herself, sit back and enjoy this one it is a real page turner.

We met Gage in the first book in this series tough Viking Bastard biker who runs the bar The Odin woman are good for one thing in his eyes that is until he meets Amelia when she is hired to work in the bar he
Gwyn Plummer
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amelia is out for vengeance. Her chosen weapon is her mouth, used to brand information that should for sure put the Bastards (Viking, that is) responsible for her dad’s death away for a long time. Thanks to her father’s brother (by association of the MC), she was finally getting justice.
Gage doesn’t shit in his own backyard. No way he’d want to have to deal with that mess. He has a bar to run; but when he gets a look at Amelia, he knows he’ll have trouble following his own rules. Good thing for
Jennifer Pierson
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gage has a strict rule running his business, and that's no one sleeps with anyone that works for him, including him. And he's always gone by the book, until the day a new employee starts. He can't get Amelia's big green eyes out of his head, and his attraction to her is making him crazy. So it doesn't take long for his ultimate rule to become seriously blurry. Amelia has been part of the MC life growing up, so she knows how it works, although she doesn't disclose this fact to Gage. She's started ...more
Evie
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Payback by Christina Phillips was on my list of books on my radar in May, and was it a great pick?

I loved everything about it! Both Amy and Gage are strong, well-developed characters, with ideas of what they'd like but fall for what they really want. Neither one expects the twists life has in store for them until they're faced with the shocking reality they've fallen heads-over-heels with their enemy and there's not much they can do about it.

The way in which Gage struggles to make sense of the t
Victoria Tortelini
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Read for Sweet&Spicy Reads**

When your whole life has revolved around getting revenge, the moment it comes to be can seem unreal. This is where we meet Amelia, a young woman determined to right the wrongs done to her family by the biker gang Viking Bastards. Every decision she's made in life has brought her to the opportunity she's been waiting for. She finally has an in to take them down from the inside and inflict maximum payback. But her first day at the job that will bring her everythin
Lynn Brooks
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another drama filled visit with the MC! There's just something about these guys that really gets to me ... they're supposed to be big, bad and tough, but when they meet the right woman who finally takes them off the market to all the clubhouse girls, they turn into protective teddy bears. :) On the lighter side of MC's, but lots of fun to read!

Amelia Davis has been waiting for revenge for practically half of her life, but when she sets out to get it, it doesn't work out like she planned. She can
Suzanne (Lily)
First thoughts...I went into this book with high expectations after the first book, maybe that's reflected in my rating?

Review:

Payback was on my Kindle before I had finished reading Hooked! I 1-clicked it because I was enjoying the first book so much! There was a distinctly different tone in the second book and I desperately missed the banter which worked so well in the first book. While I smiled all the way through Hooked, it took until Chapter 9 before I found a reason to smile in Payback.

The
Angela
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Payback was such a good read and a wonderful second book in the Viking Bastard MC series. While I liked the first novel “Hooked”, after reading Payback I can’t wait to see what comes next. While the novel was darker than the first one, it also had plenty of heat, even pace, and deep emotions. I loved the writing style and all the characters were likeable. Amelia starts out with revenge and avenging in mind but she quickly changes her mind when she meets the hero. Gage is sexy, funny, and protect ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • All I Want Is You
  • Scorned (Ruthless Rebels MC, #2)
  • Enforcer's Price (Demon Horde #1)
  • Redemption (Defiance #2)
  • The Seduction of Viscount Vice (Fallen, #3)
  • When Honey Got Married
  • Flirting to Win (Flirting to Win, #1-3)
  • Fair Play
  • Getting Off
  • Hot Zone (The Hotshots, #2)
  • Famously Engaged
  • Irresistible Deceptions
  • The Millionaire's Temptation (Seduced by Love, #2)
  • Melting the Millionaire's Heart
  • In Safe Arms (Grace & Poole, #2)
  • Shatter Me
  • A Taste of Trouble
  • Flirting with Danger (Firefighters of Adelaide, #1)
Christina Phillips is an ex-pat Brit who now lives in sunny Western Australia with her high school sweetheart and their family. She enjoys writing paranormal, historical and contemporary romance but whether the hero is a fallen angel, tough warrior or sexy mortal, the romance will be sizzling and the heroine will bring her hero to his knees.

Christina is addicted to good coffee, expensive chocolate

Viking Bastards MC (3 books)
  • Hooked (Viking Bastards MC, #1)
  • Burned (Viking Bastards MC, #3)