Start by marking “Blood Veil (Mission, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Veil (Mission, #2)

Blood Veil

(Mission #2)

In the midst of supernatural chaos, worlds and hearts collide.

Celia: Having never known my parents, I’ve always felt like an orphan. All I want is a normal life. But after I’m attacked in my bedroom by one vampire—and rescued by another—it’s about time to give up on “normal” once and for all. Idris, the second in command of the Gregorie vampire clan, has come to my aid,
Published April 3rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Blood Veil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Veil

Wendy
3-5-star-rating-hi.png (600×108)

This is the second installment in this, series and since I really enjoyed reading the first book "Blood Guard" , I was very curious about this one ;)

This second book is about Idris, Athan's (Blood Guard) brother. He has been send to keep his eye on princess Celia, the daughter of their enemy. Idris wants to use Celia as a pawn to get to her father. After everything that has happend in the first book....Idris is ready for some revenge.

https://www.google.com/search?q=revenge will be mine gif

Things don't really go as planned (when do they ever?). Celia
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.75 Stars***

"Never knew it was possible to feel like this. To crave someone so deeply, to be consumed with it."

Ever since I finished Blood Guard, I've been dying to get my hands on Idris's book! After the way things ended in Blood Guard, Idris had one purpose...revenge! The Valarian king was his target and his daughter the perfect prey to carry out his plan.

Celia grew up in foster care, never having known her parents or having any family. She lives a quiet life, surrounded by a few clos
Hollis
I was going to have a panic attack. Right here, in front of this -- vampire man -- my body was going to attack itself. Wow, I was amazing at self-defense.

I went into BLOOD VEIL with pretty low expectations because I've yet to really find a recent release by Erickson that's really grabbed me. Some excellent, and exciting, variety in what she's churning out these days but still.. I'm always juuust on the fence about the results.

So maybe it was those lower expectations, or maybe it's been a while s
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
It was an okay read that had some creative elements that I really liked.

Megan Erickson has put her own spin on vampires and their culture/world and I liked reading about them. The different clans and their approach to humans was interesting. The blood veil was also a nice twist I didn’t see coming but really enjoyed.

What didn’t work for me was the insta-love that sprang between Idris and Celia. Not that I don’t enjoy a love at first sight romance but I do need to see that transition from hatred
Alyssa

Publication Date: April 3, 2018
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

In the midst of supernatural chaos, worlds and hearts collide.

Sissy's Romance Book Review
Blood Veil by Megan Erickson is book Two in the Mission Series. This is the story of Celia and Idris. I have read the previous book but feel you can make this a standalone book.
This was a exciting Vampire Dark Romance that kept you wanting to see what would be happening next.
I look forward to the next book in this series.
Jacqueline's Reads
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, arc, v-card

3.5 - 4 Wanting Stars

Blood Veil is a standalone and is part of the Mission series. You don’t have to read the books in order, but I highly suggest you do so you can get the full feels (and plus you understand the story a little bit better).

This is Idris and Celia’s story. Celia is a nurse. She’s caring, loyal and very normal. For awhile she has had disturbing dreams and felt like someone was watching her.

Idris is on a mission. He’s told to keep watch on Celia until further notice, the only thi
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 02, 2018 marked it as not-gonna-be-able-to-do-it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, arc
Returning to NetGalley in exchange for peace of mind. What a fucked up week.

**ARC courtesy of Random House Publishing Group-Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review**
Alex
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
That was fast!
I really loved the first one. Tendra was hot and badass!

Here, the first half of the book was good. I liked both Idris and Celia.
It was more or less pretty much the same plot as book 1 but okay.

The second half though, it annoyed me a little.
I mean I am not a fan of 'I love you' being said so easily! They literally know each other for 2 days top and here they are speaking like they're in love for a lifetime...

description

I'll keep coming back if there is a book 3 and I think there will be.
But t
Mónica BQ
Apr 02, 2018 marked it as odio-jarocho-aka-nope
Shelves: autor-caca
I was ready to sort of not pursue the issue relentlessly. At the end of the day I do understand the differences between what Santino Hassell did and what Mergan Erickson participated in.

But no. Erickson had to go and prove every single thing said about her to be true. Double-faced, coward, unprofessional bully that she is.

She has deleted every and all mention of the Santino Hassell exposure from her Facebook. Even if her fauxpology is still up in her website, it's almost impossible to get to it
Emily Seelye
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires
This is the second book in the series, and while it could work as a stand alone, the story works better of you read Blood Guard first.

Idris is Athan’s brother and grew up thinking he’d be king. Now he’s been charged with watching their enemy’s princess, Celia. They want to use her to get t her father. When things go south for her, he ends up stepping in and saving her life.

Despite not wanting to be, they are attracted to each other, and end up liking each other. This quickly grows to love. A l
Mary H
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Man, I really enjoyed that! I didn't know how another couple could top Tendra & Athan, but I REALLY adore Celia and Idris together. Dear heavens, please let there be more books in this series!
Christina
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars - 3 Flames

Sometimes I feel like receiving ARC's can be a curse. Why? Because when you come across series' that are really good and interest you, you find yourself waiting almost LONGER than the "normal" reader. And THAT is torture!!!!!

There are only a few things that prevented me from giving this a full 5 stars. I know, I can be picky sometimes. Sorry. But I think when I explain, you'll understand. Or not. What ever...LOL

***Although this could probably be read as a standalone, don't. R
Andrea
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, pn-vampires
I went in on this with pretty high expectations. Book 1 in this series got a solid three stars from me, but I was hopeful for this second book since Blood Guard’s plot ended on a high note.

This book follows Celia, an orphan who lives a very ordinary life, and Idris, a vampire. Idris is consumed by revenge and ruled by his emotions because of what his father did to him in book 1. Idris gets the idea to kidnap his enemies’ secret daughter, the Valarian princess named Celia, to get his revenge.

When
Christa
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Celia is an orphan quietly living her life. Her quiet life comes to an end when she is attacked by a vampire and rescued by another.

Idris is the hero of this story. This is the second book of a series, and you can tell he had a role on book one. I didn’t read book one, but it wasn’t too confusing.

Idris is keeping Celia as leverage for negations with her father. She has never met her father and doesn’t know her lineage. There’s a lot of conflicting feelings between both characters.

This is a so
Sami
Apr 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I absolutely adore paranormal novels and this one hit the spot vampire romances! Celia is a totally amazing person and I really loved her character!
"Never knew it was possible to feel like this. To crave someone so deeply, to be consumed with it. Every breath I take is for you."

This book takes off right after Body Guard. And while in the blurb it says that it can be read as a stand alone, i really think that would make it very confusing. I definitely recommend reading the first book in the serie
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was an entertaining, light read with likable characters. It’s set in a really cool and passionate vampire world and enjoyed how it all worked. I loved the first book in the series so I was really looking forward to this one. It was witty and there was decent chemistry and heat, a nice amount of drama, but it was all way to easy for me, it felt very surface. I liked it, there just wasn't a lot of depth.

I enjoyed the tension between Idris and Celia in the beginning and how they had a pull bet
Megan
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I adored the first book in this series, and this one was really great as well. The characters are very relatable, especially for a paranormal romance, and I loved the connection between the hero and heroine.

Idris Gregorie is the brother of the hero from book 1, Athan. Idris had quite a rude awakening in book 1, realizing he wasn't who he thought he was, who his father had groomed him to be. Turns out Athan is the eldest, and therefore the King, and Idris is the younger brother. Idris has always
Up All Night With Books
***ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

Megan Erickson does not disappoint in the second installment of the Mission series. In Blood Veil we get a closer look at the brother who was groomed to be King of the Gregorie.

Under his father's rule, Idris was raised to be King and to follow in his honorable footsteps. Then it was revealed that his father was not so honorable after all and Idris suffered for the betrayals he made against his own clan. Idris is determined to exact reve
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Celia Valerie is the half-human, half-vampire, daughter of the Valarian king, enemy of the Gregorie Clan. But she has no clue who she is or where she came from. Raised in the human world, abandoned by her parents, she made her way through the system and works as a nurse at Mission Hospital.

Idris, the once future king of the Gregorie Clan, feels more comfortable in his roll as military leader now that the truth of his father's betrayals is out. He wants revenge on the Valarian king, the vampire
Maria Rose
3.5 stars for this sexy vampire romance! Rival clans have different agendas where humans are concerned - some want to peacefully co-exist with them ( the Gregorie) while others want them enslaved (the Valarians). This makes for complicated and bloody clashes between them. Idris of the Gregorie has plans for Celia, the daughter of the Valarian King, though she doesn't know her heritage having grown up in foster care. The Valarians and Gregorie are engaged in a nasty battle for supremacy, complica ...more
ErinMickC
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, paranormal
Blood Veil is book two of Erickson's Mission series but it can certainly be read as a stand-alone. Going in, I had forgotten about most of book one and I did just fine here.

We start off this book with Idris watching over Celia until the time is just right. At that point, Idris, and the rest of his Vampire clan will use her as bait to lure out her father. However, something never sits well with Idris. Celia seemingly doesn't know she's half vampire and he can't determine why her father would leav
Jadaris
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Becca
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series!

I’m not big in paranormal but Megan sucked me into this world and I loved every minute of it. I would high recommend both of these books in the series to anyone who thinks that PNR is not for them.
dreamer_of_fictional_worlds
Man! Here I thought the first book was amazing!!!! Boy was I wrong, so wrong! If you love paranormal romances like me, do yourself a favor and pick this series up! This series is blowing my mind, character by character, I can't wait for the next book in this fantastic new series!
Review to come!❤
Angie
**Copy provided through Netgalley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review.**

I didn't like this as much as book one. Idris is angry over his father's betrayal and the vampire clan that turned him against his family. As revenge, Idris plans to kidnap Celia, the leader's daughter. But the more Idris watches Celia the more he's convinced that she's just an unprotected human unaware of who she really is.

An unexpected attack by a Quellan forces Idris to act sooner than he wanted and chaos ensues
Melissa
A complimentary copy was provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

After reading Blood Guard I was eager to read Idris's story. I knew it would be interesting, and of course I knew what would happen. At the end of Blood Guard, Athan sent Idris to guard the Valarian princess. Yeah, who didn't see this coming, lol.

I do wish the story had started a little more in the past, maybe right when Idris finds Celia and starting watching her. It's clear when the story starts t
KarenJo Custodio
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started Blood Veil by Megan Erickson back in April and was instantly glued to the pages. I absolutely wanted to devour this in one sitting, but I had other things to deal with so I had to set this aside for a while. When I finally got into reading it again yesterday, I could not stop. I was utterly addicted and had the best time!

Blood Veil by is a fast-paced and thrilling paranormal vampire romance that completely consumed me. Since I didn’t read the first book, there were information I knew
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
4 stars. A great addition to this series! This was Idris and Celia's story. Celia is a nurse in Mission City. She doesn't know it, but she's the half human/half vampire hybrid daughter of the Valerian vampire king. She was raised by humans in foster care, never knowing her parents, and having no idea vampires even exist. Idris is the brother of Athan (from Blood Guard), who is the king of a rival vampire clan, the Gregories. The Valerian vampires are mounting a fight to begin a war on humans to ...more
Aila
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Another hit from Erickson! Blood Veil is a very wholesome and lovely paranormal romance that puts cliche vampire elements with a dynamic couple that you can’t help but fall in love with. Just like the previous book, much of the plot was predictable, but it still manages to tug on your heart strings. I thought this was a solid sequel, especially since Blood Guard was such a hit for me (my review here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...). UF readers might find the elements of this book overu ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Love Song of Sawyer Bell (Tour Dates, #1)
  • Summer Stock
  • Sins of the Flesh (Kith & Kynn, #1)
  • Dirty Games (Dirty, #2)
  • Head Over Heels
  • Tall, Dark and Immortal (Entity, #4)
  • Children of the Flower Power
  • Rend (Riven, #2)
  • Undue Influence: A Persuasion Retelling
  • Sugar & Spice (Sugar #2)
  • Crazy Cupid Love
  • Magic Runs Deep
  • In Tune
  • Fire on the Ice (Snow & Ice Games, #4)
  • Royally Wed (The Royals #3)
  • Bitter Springs
  • Tequila Sunrise (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #4)
  • Take the Shot
Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized

Mission (3 books)
  • Bite the Hand That Bleeds (Mission, #0.5)
  • Blood Guard (Mission, #1)