Start by marking “I Love You Daddy” as Want to Read:
I Love You Daddy

I Love You Daddy

Little Bear is ready for some grown-up adventures - at least, Daddy Bear thinks so. But they soon discover that Little Bear needs a helping hand. Read along in this fun and playful story, I Love You, Daddy, written by Jillian Harker and beautifully illustrated by Kristina Stephenson.
Published November 2nd 2008 by Parragon (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You Daddy

Start your review of I Love You Daddy
Viviane Elbee
Cute illustrations in this loving father-child bear tale. It’s a quick read, perfect length for babies and toddlers.
Catherine
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This sweet story is about a baby cub going on an adventure with Daddy Bear. Little bear often tells daddy bear he loves him throughout the book, which I think is one of the things I love most about this book. This book also briefly discusses hibernation, which could introduce a new conversation with the little ones. Illustrations are nice and this book makes the perfect Father's day gift.
Tara Smallwood
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
This is a lovely tell about a baby bear learning from his dad about how to survive as an adult bear. His dad encouraged him to explore, find food, seek out shelter exc. Dad bear made every experience positive and loving. After every adventure baby bear says, "I love you dad".
Solomon
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: daddy-and-baby
Daddy read me this book that mommy got me from the WBP Library.
Luke
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very cute book about how much I love my daddy and my daddy loves me.
Sarah Taylor
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is the best book ever
Anthony Blitch
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dad books always guarantees 5 stars!
Marilyn
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for my son. Dad is in the military and being gone.
Danielle Robertson
If you took a shot everytime you see Daddy Bear or Little Bear, you'd be plastered by the end of this short book. I feel like half of the "said Daddy Bear...said Little Bear" are unnecessary.
Mary Piatak
I Love You. Daddy, written by Jillian Harker and illustrated by Kristina Stephenson, is a story about a little bear and his dad. The dad believe that his son is ready for more grown-up adventures such as climbing trees, gathering honey, and finding a den. However, Little Bear isn't so sure about all these new responsibilities. He doesn't think he is quite ready to do them by himself. Luckily, his dad is there along the way to offer support and guidance.

There are multiple themes in I love you, D
Caroline
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I love you, Daddy", was written by Melanie Joyce. The book is about a little baby bear, explaining to his dad why he loves him. Through out the story, the little bears gives examples to his dad about why he loves him so much. For example the little bear says I love when "daddy wipes away the little bear's tears and tells him not to cry." At the end of the story, the little bear is telling his dad that he loves him because he is his dad. This was a very sweet and cute book. I think this should b ...more
Stephanie H (My Bookish Itinerary)
This is a cute book to be read with Dads. The book is about Daddy Bear and Little Bear and an adventure they take. Daddy Bear helps and guides Little Bear in doing new things. I think it is a great example of the wonderful relationship between a father and child.
This cute story shows how Little Bear is not sure of being able to climb the tree, gather honey or find the right den. But when he worries about this, Daddy Bear encourages him and then Little Bear does it and thinks about how much he lo
Leah
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another delightful HEB book. This one was very sweet in portraying the father/son relationship. The daddy bear is bringing his son alongside of him and teaching him to do all the things daddy bear does. He encourages little bear each time, and after each new accomplishment and learning a new skill, little bear thinks about how much he loves his daddy. At the end, little bear is so tired and starts to verbalize he loves daddy, and falls fast asleep, and daddy bear tells him he loves him.

A preciou
Alex Wingrove
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-lit
This book is about a little bear who is growing up. His daddy bear encourages him to try things he hasn't been able to do in the past because he was too small (i.e. climbing trees, gathering honey, finding a den, etc.). As he gets things wrong, his dad encourages him and tells him what to do better, and at the end he falls asleep while trying to tell his dad he loves him.
I LOVED this book. It brought back memories of my childhood when my dad would encourage me to try new things. My dad died when
Marcie Master
"I love you, Daddy", was written by Melanie Joyce. The book is about a little baby bear, explaining to his dad why he loves him. Through out the story, the little bears gives examples to his dad about why he loves him so much. For example the little bear says I love when "daddy wipes away the little bear's tears and tells him not to cry." At the end of the story, the little bear is telling his dad that he loves him because he is his dad. This was a very sweet and cute book. I think this could be ...more
Robert
A cute little book. Father bear encourages his son (presumably) to begin climbing trees and gathering honey. The little bear is apprehensive but perseveres due to his father's advice. After each event, little bear states he loves his father. His father loves his son too.

Not highly emotional as it is a short straightforward read, but there's a gulp at the end. ;)
Molly Toomey
When a little bear tries to figure out things on his own and act like a grown-up bear, he finds that he is not able to accomplish all that he thought. He needs some help from his father bear. This book would be wonderful for little ones who are trying to figure things out but can't quite t it on their own. It also shows children that there's nothing wrong with accepting help from others.
Jaime
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This is a touching tale of a papa bear encouraging his baby bear son to try new things. The papa bear is understanding and loving and knows he must nudge his slightly fearful son. This is a wonderful book that I read to my son. This is so good on so many levels: growing up, supportive parenting, and love.
Victoria
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the illustrations, and of course the story is very cute! Baby bear goes on an adventure and with Daddy's help, he learns many new things. This would be a great story to read and students can share what activities they do with their father or mother.
Brionna Barcolleh
This book is a easy reader and promotes building character. It portrays a positive image of a baby bear loving one of his first loves, his father. The book is filled with encouraging words and lots of love!
Shawn Fairweather
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great bedtime book filled with a nice soothing story and accompanying artwork. This paints a great picture for father and child alike for building a bonding relationship with each other. Very personable and loving read.
Courtney
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Books like this are so informational for children and hold such a wealth of knowledge. I really enjoy reading books, like this one and many others to my children, for if you start them young then they will grow to have a love for reading and adventure!
Adrienne Colbert
Cute tale of a sweet father son relationship.
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really cute book. I like it because it shows a healthy relationship between a father and son. Wonderful for children to read with their family.
Duane Donecker
My 6 year old son gave this to me today. That makes I Love You Daddy the best book I have ever read. Honestly this is a great little book. Hats off to Jillian Harker and Kristina Stepenson.
Q
My 3yo loved this book. I have read it many times to her.
Danielle Messer
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book, animals
Little bear loves his daddy. His dad is trying to teach him different things that bears do.
The Book Box
Daddy read this to me this morning before he left for work.
Elizabeth Houchen
In this book the baby bear describes how much he loves his dad.
DaddyReads2Daughter
My wife got me this as a gift to read to our infant daughter. It is a sweet book. Essentially, Daddy Bear nudges Little Bear to be courageous and try new, difficult things. Each time Little Bear fails and Daddy Bear encourages him to get back up. In the end, Little Bear is able to get a beehive and find a cave for them to hibernate.

When I read this to my daughter, I change the masculine pronouns for Little Bear to feminine pronouns. I want my daughter to be every bit adventurous, bold, and brave

• I Love You to the Moon and Back
  • Your Baby's First Word Will Be DADA
  • The Foot Book: Dr. Seuss's Wacky Book of Opposites
  • First 100 Animals
  • Welcome Little One
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
  • If Animals Kissed Good Night
  • Room on the Broom
  • Giraffes Can't Dance
  • Goldilocks and the Three Bears
  • The Wonderful Things You Will Be
  • Where's Spot?
  • Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
  • Guess How Much I Love You