Start by marking “Clouds Over Akaloshia” as Want to Read:
Clouds Over Akaloshia

Clouds Over Akaloshia

(Warring Passions #1)

Cara feels out of her element in her new high school, until she meets Chad. But Chad has a secret. Uncovering that secret throws Cara into a world of danger fraught with werewolves and shapeshifters. Through the dark perils that beset her on every side, Cara discovers her love for Chad while Chad’s heart is torn between two lovers. Will Cara eventually win Chad’s heart, ev ...more
Published March 30th 2017 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Clouds Over Akaloshia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clouds Over Akaloshia

Coco.V
Oct 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (10/28/2017)!

Merged review:

FREE on Amazon today (10/28/2017)!
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
this book was hard to put down so i had to finish it. now I need the other 2 books to see what happens next. there is a lot going on in this book and pulls you in from the start
Kate puckett
Nov 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Just a waste, even for a free book.

I don’t know where to begin with this book. I won’t summarize the plot, with no direction on who is speaking and when different characters begin to speak it’s almost impossible to enjoy what could be an entertaining read. Angst and the attempt to make something different, I think overruled what could have been a decent story.

What initially had me intrigued to read this book was was the plot, it sounded different enough and I was looking forward to reading the
Feb 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This one starts with Cara being a total brat to her mom and a total bitch to everyone else...so not a good start. And then everyone started talking and I decided this wasn't for me. I couldn't deal with high school students in California who used the following phrases...
"I would feel terribly out of place"
"aren't you a perfect gentleman" (because he introduced himself)
"then I shall come over and pick you up personally"
"it was weird to say the least"

If it was just the over the top proper dialogue
Mandy Stump
Oct 25, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Awful

This book was confusing. It went from character POV to character POV in the same chapter. And I mean multiple like Cara, Anna, and Chad. It was hard to read because we never really could tell what was truly happening. It's better went a book keeps to a character a chapter or mark when the new one begins. I was confused so much I only made it 36% and just couldn't read anymore. I got the other two books because they were free but because this book I'm not going to read them.
Susan Lee Thuener
I guess shifter stories are one of my favorites.q

This is a different sort of story. A human girl discovers there are other species and falls in love with one of them. He takes her to meet his parents and in doing so starts a chain of events that are still ongoing at the end. The excerpt from the second book in the series explains a lot of the reasons for what is happening. I liked it.
Casie
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not for me

This one just wasn't for me personally. I'm not big on leaving bad reviews, so I hope this doesn't come off as one. The plotline sounded amazing and interesting and I was super excited to begin reading it. Though, the moment I started the book I couldn't get into it. I wanted to, but couldn't. The writing could use a little more fine tuning, especially with dialogue. It just seems as if the author needs a better editor and more practice.
Emma
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For a YA book it was exciting. From page one to the end it was hard to put down. Cara got more than she bargained for when she moved to LA. She became involved with were shifters, were beasts, Cloud aliens, and Chad, sweet Prince Chad. The pace moved quickly from scene to scene as it was tense and exciting in each chapter. Ends with a Cliffhanger. A very good read
Victoria
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
The story did not engage me. And I skipped parts, but you could say I finished the book somewhat.
An over the top story with too many twists and turns, and I did not think the characters were believable or likeable.

Will not read the following books in this serie.

This is the first book by the author for me, so maybe another book would be more in my liking, even though I doubt it.
Melanie
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding

This story takes so many twist and turns taking you deep into a YA paranormal story you don't want to stop reading! Exciting, adventurous, and romantic! I can't wait to read more!
Kathy Brickert
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Truly a green tale

Interesting story but one very young and geared towards the teen crowd.. some of those books are widely accepted and so good, they appeal to all ages but this one seems to be definitely a teen book. Not saying that's bad, just too kiddish for me.
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
cool book

this book was hard to put down so i red it till the end in a few hours time. now i need book 2 and 3 so i can see what happens next with everything. there is a lot going on in this book and pulls you in from the start.
Pat
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sci Fi isn't my usual genre, however, this book had a great plot and well defined characters which made for a very enjoyable and entertaining read!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Sabrina Gabriel
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this was awesome

It was alot to take in..just when I thought I had the story line down bam gotcha..nope great twist and so unforeseen really gets you really good read tho 5 star all the way
gordon k class
Rambling in circles

I felt this story was not quite right. The author rambled on in some places and seemed to lead the story in circles. The flow of the story was not smooth almost juvenile.
Rebecca Stigers
I found the story interesting and good characters...the main characters Chad and Cara are high school kids and she goes through some scary stuff while Chad being the alien I'm not sure of his real age...just know this is a cliffhanger! (which I don't really like)
Annette Drewett
Nov 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing take on a paranormal/alien mix. Lots of different situations leading up to the final chapter but sometimes a little confusing. I enjoyed the story.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Vignesh N
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
The story didn't feel original; it was all over the place and very predictable. The characters were not interesting as well. Anyway, got it free from Amazon for what it's worth. Thanks.
Victoria
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
Mistress Book Lover
I really enjoyed my time with this book and its characters Cara & Chad, I will definitely be back to read more books by Author Riley Moreno :) *****5 Stars*****
Elizabeth
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing book! It was a little slow at first but it really kept me guessing who was who. An end that I didn't see coming!!!
Alesha Simpson
Feb 21, 2018
Pranavi
Jun 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Graveyard Rose (The Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • The World of Karov (Children of Demilee, #1)
  • Random (The Were Chronicles, #1)
  • Woven (Mystic Valley Shifters #1)
  • Haven Lost (The Dragon's Brood Cycle, Vol. 1)
  • Call of the Raven (The Union Series #1)
  • Trust (The Hero Chronicles #2)
  • The Water Kingdom (The Water Novels, Book 1)
  • Hellbound Warrior (Dark Warrior Alliance #5)
  • The Lost Remnant (Pieces of Eden, #1)
  • Second Skin (Skinned, #2)
  • Taliesin - Choice/Destiny
  • The Boy Who Came Back a Wolf (Space Shifters Chronicles, #0.5)
  • unvamped (unvamped #1)
  • Dreadlands
  • The Darkest Legacy (Betrayal, #1)
  • Tangled Web (The Arrynna Doe Trilogy #1)
  • Circumstellar
Riley Moreno also writes as Abigail Raines

Warring Passions (3 books)
  • Deep Well of Fire (Warring Passions, #2)
  • In The Enemy's Lair (Warring Passions)
“It is when we want that which we do not have, that trouble comes.” 0 likes
“It is when you are content that you rise above and beyond. It is when you are content that you transcend all known boundaries and discover worlds beyond.” 0 likes