Start by marking “Match Made (Love and Play, #2)” as Want to Read:
Match Made (Love and Play, #2)

Match Made

(Love and Play #2)

In order to win his heart, she'll have to play the game...
All over Broadway, my name is up in lights. From New York to London, the words 'Gemma Sinclair'
are synonymous with up-and-coming fame, and a super-fast rise to success.
Yeah, well, super isn't how I feel...
Between my deadbeat addict of an ex-boyfriend and the stress of my parents relying on me back
home--sometimes I
Published April 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Match Made, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Match Made

Start your review of Match Made (Love and Play, #2)
Michelle
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved Gemma and Knox’s story! We got to meet both these characters a bit in Match Fit, but neither character is anything like I expected. When hard times hit Gemma, she finds her own white knight in the form of Knox, even if she is not willing to accept his helping hand – just yet. Given the nature of their first encounter a year prior, Gemma isn’t ready to fully trust Knox’s intentions are truly 100% pure.

A friends to lovers romance that had a bit more angst given the nature of Gem
Debbie
Love the Bad Boys and Show Girls series So much!!!
Shelly Celli
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
This is an amazing story! I fell in love with the storyline and the characters almost immediately. It's hot, sexy, and nothing like I've read in a long time.
Knox is a charismatic, cocky, soccer player, but has a heart of gold. Gemma has been knocked down on her luck and luckily runs into Knox, who swoops in to help her. They make a deal to be friends and not let sex get involved, but their feelings get involved and makes things even more difficult. With their growing friendship turning into a r
Kathy
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I have read by Amelie S. Duncan. I thought it was written well and I absolutely loved the characters and their storyline. Gemma is an actress dating a gambling addict whose parents happen to own the theatre that she works out of. He disappears for days and weeks at a time but this time what he has done is unforgivable. He stole money from Gemma's bank account and left her destitute and to top that off he has demolished the apartment that they shared. What is she going ...more
Kerry -  Readkerryread
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have to say I loved Knox and Gemma's story even if it was a little too much drama. Gemma and Knox met in the previous book, but the date was so bad to the point that Gemma left mid-date. Well when they reconnect Gemma has just broken up with her deadbeat boyfriend who has stolen from her to feed his addiction. She has also just lost her apartment as he left water running as punishment.

When Knox happens on her he can't help but make sure she makes it home ok. When he finds she doesn't have som
Tracie Simister

I voluntarily reviewed a Free Courtesy Advanced Reader Copy of this book
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
Character’s Descriptions:
Gemma Sinclair is a Broadway star
Knox Callahan is a veteran player for the New York Football Club and a player with women
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >
Plot rating: 4 stars
Dialogue rating: 3.5 stars
Storytelling rating: 4 stars
Story ending rating: 4 stars
Other woman/men drama: (view spoiler)
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Cliffhanger: (view spoiler)
HEA: (view spoiler)
**********************************************
Overall rating: 4 stars

Bree202
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I loved this book and this series! It was a great read! I've had this book on my tbr shelf for a while and should've read it a long time ago. I'm so glad I took the time to read it. Now I'm really looking forward to reading Tyler and Scarlet’s story.
Marisa Abundis
Probably my least favorite of the series. Mostly because I didn't really care for Gemma in the first book and it took awhile to warm up to her in this book.
Marti
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun read. Being a soccer fan made this one more interesting.
Audrey
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great!

I loved all of these books. Sometimes I y bored in the middle of books but not with these. I loved the characters and the plots. Bravo.
Kathy Bolar
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another great Love and Play book, however there were some grammar/typos which bothers me. However, still another strong story line and hot sex scenes!
Chanda Norman
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars This is a sweet, sexy romance between Knox, an soccer player and Gemme a Broadway actress. They meet when they are at the same bar where Gemme drowning her sorrows over losing her bank account to her gambling addicted ex. Knox literally picks her up and takes her home. Thus begins their slow burn love story. Gemme knows he is a player from a past almost blind date with him so decides no matter how attracted she is to him they can only be mates.

This is the second book in the series and
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Sports Romances are not usually my favorite genre to read and yes, Match Made is a sports romance but, there is a story told with a little sports mixed in. And, as Amélie S. Duncan said in her author’s note “a little smut between the steam.

Knox Callahan & Gemma Sinclair were both in Match Fit and now they have their own story in Match Made. I fell in love with Knox & Gemma. Knox was a little cocky (Okay maybe a LOT cocky) & he is a little protective of Gemma. Although he did keep making comment
Megan
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was sexy and sweet and the emotional turmoil was believable. The career stress was in the realm of possibility as well. Gemma was smart, talented, and I admired her for doing her best to move above and beyond the drama of her personal life. Knox was sweet, determined, sexy, and steady. I liked the resolution both in the plot and the relationship. The writing was interesting and kept me reading from the very beginning. Some of the conversations in the beginning were ...more
Amymargarita
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, this book was witty and charming as it was sexy and hot! Knox Callahan, the hot and sexy as hell veteran player for the New York Football Club, is a womanizer with a reputation of never going further than one night with a woman. As he’s trolling for his next romp, he runs into Gemma Sinclair. She’s the mutual friend of his friend Dylan’s fiancée, and an up and coming Broadway star. She’s the only one who walked away from him after misconceptions and a disastrous first date. Yet despite a ...more
Cassie
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sharon Jones
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Amelie and I am absolutely in love with it.
Sports Romance books are my favourite genre, but I must admit I haven't read a lot based on soccer.
I liked that this was a slow burn romance. That Knox & Gemma became best friends before they became a couple.
But once they decided to cross over into a relationship, let's just say my kindle practically melted!!
This is the second book in the series, but can easily be read as a standalone.
I highly recommend this book.
I voluntarily
SouthernAngel
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun and witty read that's a hot and sexy slow burn romance.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Pat
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline and the well defined characters, Knox and Gemma drew me immediately right into their story and kept me totally enthralled until the very end! I look forward to reading more from Amelie S. Duncan!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Marzena
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hot, steamy sports story. Great storyline. Gemma and Knox start with friendship that turns into more. I recommend it! I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book
Barbara
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gemma Sinclair is a Broadway headliner with a lot of problems,she meets Knox Callahan who is a top soccer player the night she decides to drink her problems away. What happens between these two? As I do not understand either soccer or Broadway I still found it to be a good book.I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
PointedlyBlunt
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Match Made is a standalone spin-off of another Amelie Duncan novel, Match Fit. There are some recurring characters, but their history is explained well enough to prevent confusion.

Knox and Gemma run into one another a year after they went on a horrible date. Apparently, Knox chose to ask the waitress for her number... while at dinner with Gemma... in front of Gemma. Needless to say, I was happy to know that she immediately ditched him.
Gemma has just broken up with her live-in boyfriend who empt
RoseyLovesBooks
Apr 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Match Made: Bad Boys and Show Girls by Amélie S. Duncan is Book 2 of the Love and Play Series and a Sports Romance

Knox is a midfielder for New York F.C. and known for being with a different woman every night. Knox bumps into a drunk Gemma on a night out, and worried that she'd be taken advantage of, takes her home. Gemma is beautiful Broadway actress who went on a date with the incredibly handsome Knox a year ago. The date got cut short when Knox took the waitress' number. When Knox finds out th
Dawn
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW Amelie has done it again I thought I fell hard for Dylan in Match Fit but Knox just blew me away!!We first meet Gemma and Knox in Match Fit…now in Match Made this is their story.

Knox is a soccer player for New York FC, hes successful,sexy and loves the ladies.He rarely dates the same woman twice he comes off at first as being quite cocky but underneath all that bravardo is a man with a heart of gold.
Gemma is a broadway actress,successful and talented, after she ends her relationship and lose
Jaime
This was a good friends to lovers story. Gemma and Knox were so good together that I wanted to reach through my kindle and slap some sense into her sometimes as she tried to fight her feelings. The story dragged a little bit for me in the beginning but definitely picked back up.

I enjoyed the romance, the drama of Gemma's ex and the story made for a good ride of emotions.

I received an advanced reader copy of this book and voluntarily provided this honest review
Kerry
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This sports romance by Amelie S Duncan seems to be the second in a series but is still very much able to be read alone. It follows the very dominant and sex Knox Callahan and the fragile but strong Gemma Sinclair as they battle their feelings while becoming friends and supporting on another through some tough trials. This friendship, despite best interests quickly turns into a sizzling romance but just as things become settled, a bombshell is dropped that means questions asked and decisions need ...more
Book-Lovin-Momma
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Match Made had me laughing out loud, a lot, well, except for the parts about Gemma's difficulties, that is. Gemma and Knox had a disastrous first date, but when they meet up again later, things are different this time around. This was a friends to lovers story that was sweet and fun, yet also sexy and steamy. I love when a man is so protective the way Knox is. Yes, he's terribly cocky and arrogant, and wasn't looking for a relationship, but with Gemma he was different. This is one of those books ...more
Kim Ginsberg
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Knox is away in another country for a game when his coach says what's happening at home. He and his coach rush to the airport to head home and back to Gemma. What happened to Gemma? Who would do this to her? How will the affect his game? Find out this and more in this awesome read!!!

• Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #1)
  • The Anti-Boyfriend
  • Jase (Men of Steel, #1)
  • Making Her Mine (Player Loves Curves, #1)
  • Behind the Count (Cessna U Wildcats #2)
  • The Change Up
  • Penthouse Prince
  • Taking His Shot (Hot Jocks, #7)
  • Sure Shot (Brooklyn #4)
  • Now Or Never (Irresistible, #5)
  • Waiting on the One (Player Loves Curves, #3)
  • Bossy Bastard (Cocky Hero Club)
  • The Breakup Plan
  • Friend Zone (Friend Zone #1)
  • Wanna Be Your Man (Player Loves Curves, #4)
  • Full Measures (Flight & Glory, #1)
  • Hard Place (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Hate Sex (Best Friends, #2)
Amélie S. Duncan writes contemporary, erotic romances. Her inspiration comes from many sources including her life experiences and travels. She lives on the West Coast of the United States with her husband.

www.ameliesduncan.com

Love and Play (3 books)
  • Match Fit (Love and Play, #1)
  • Match Pointe: Bad Boys and Show Girls (Love and Play Series)