Start by marking “Hammered (Steel Country #1)” as Want to Read:
Hammered (Steel Country #1)

Hammered

(Steel Country #1)

Divorce. Divide.

Gage Falcon's life is turned upside down. When backed against a wall, he does what men with 'Steel' convictions do...take control.

Fight. Strength.

Phoenix Star knows it's going to take everything inside her to be who she is destined to be. Fresh out of college and knowing she can't go home and get where she wants to get, she takes the path less traveled.
Published April 24th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hammered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hammered

~Mindy Lynn~
This was a dirty talking Alpha good time.

Gage Falcon is the kind of Alpha I enjoy. He is possessive, caring, and has a great heart that he doesn't mind letting show. What makes him even more hotter in my book is the fact he's a single dad raising his son by himself. Brand. So cute. Him and Gage have quite the special bond.
Gage recently uncovered some secrets his ex-wife and his own mother has been keeping from him. He's not taking it too well and has decided to take a vacation and lose himself
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and the Crazy)
-1 ⭐!

This book has high ratings?? I just don't get why!!

There's nothing more that I hate when a man thinks he's a god's gift to women.
This zero because I won't call him a hero was obnoxious piece of sh*t.

photo image_zpsmgw7bybm.gif

“My cock was probably the same size, if not bigger than her forearm.”

REALLY?? Who the f*ck says that? I'll tell you! This ass****

photo image_zps6sawharv.gif

And I here I was liking the heroine not taking crap from him when she met him and cockblocking him but....she gets wet and starts to pant like a dog everytime she
NiCoLeTa E.
Jun 04, 2017 rated it liked it
***3 "You good?" stars***

****************
"Don't fight the fall..."
****************

This wasn't my first book by Mrs. Fields and it won't be my last... because I'm enjoying her stories!!!
"Hammered" was a good reading, but it didn't rock my world, as "The truth about love" duet did!!!
It was a nice story but not something that i haven't read before!!!
Yep, there was a sassy heroine, an alpha male and some serious secrets that made the story enjoyable, but that's it!!!!

Phoenix was a fierce and sas
~Mandi~
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hammered
Steel Country #1
MJ Fields
5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Excellent book!! Loved this story and all of its characters. Gage is a straight forward filthy speaking man that takes no shit. Phoenix is a short smart ass woman who can hold her own. They are a perfect match for each other. There's enough sex and drama to keep you entertained the whole time.

P
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Book Review For: Hammered MJ Fields Hammered by M.J. Fields My rating: 4 of 5 stars 'Hammered' MJ Fields is book One in the "Steel Country" series. This is the story of Gage Falcon and Phoenix Star. Phoenix has graduated college and now is working to earn money to take her on the next step in her life. Phoenix settles in to work two jobs and also work off some of her rent by doing the lawn. Phoenix is a independent women who doesn't take handouts. While she is bartering she meets Gage who seems ...more
Tami
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fields-m-j
SUPERB story!! My copy needed some editing. This book was a spinoff of another series. I can only imagine that those are incredible as well. There were a few scenes that were a bit of a reunion from the other series. Not having read those is a bit annoying, but it didn't detract too badly from this one.

Coco.V
Nov 26, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/26/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Fight. Strength.

Redefining life sends them both down a long dirt road to...become.

What happens whe
Leigh
Jan 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
When I first came across this book and its awesome reviews about a dirty talking, alpha male I thought yes that's for me. Unfortunately Hammered didn't work for me at all. I didn't like Phoenix and I didn't like Gage. That means this should have been a DNF but being that this was my 3 book of the New Year I made myself deal with it and continued on. I'm sorry to say it never got better for me. I didn't enjoy the writing and I felt no connection between the H/h.
L.J. Sexton
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sooo...yeah...This book is too hot to handle!

So Gage Falcon is...is...he is...yummy! He is an all alpha, filthiest talking, caring man.
Raising his son and caring for his mother figure Mags (who I totally love) and running not only a construction company but also Falcons Landing (the one place that gives him peace) his life is upside down due to a secret not only was with held from him but from one he himself holds not only for himself but for his younger brother Garrett. While waiting for his o
Carvanz
3.5 Stars

This is the perfect book if you like your heroes possessive, dirty talking, protective and a little on the damaged side. The heroine is petite but one tough cookie. She’s not afraid to step into a bar fight or take on this heroes villains.

There is not a lot of angst between this couple, but there is plenty regarding his family. There is most definitely other woman drama but it’s made clear from the very beginning that Gage has no desire for her. The sex is out of this world steamy with
Elizabeth Clinton
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can two people who are headed to a new path come meet at the crossroads and continue down it together. That is what you need to find out when Gage Falcon meets Phoenix Star.
At first glance Gage is taken by the spunk and Sass of Phoenix Star. Looking to get back out there Gage has many obstacles that he needs to overcome but with the strength of his family and friends he might be headed in the right direction.
Phoenix Star is a young woman just finishing college looking to make it on her own, but
Maria11
Jun 08, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF

The cause of the DNF is the WTH character and his man part as big as a forearm.

Enough said.

Can't believe I was dumb enough to ask for aa copy.

Obtained a copy from the publisher through NetGalley.. they can have it back
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Hammered' MJ Fields is book One in the "Steel Country" series. This is the story of Gage Falcon and Phoenix Star. Phoenix has graduated college and now is working to earn money to take her on the next step in her life. Phoenix settles in to work two jobs and also work off some of her rent by doing the lawn. Phoenix is a independent women who doesn't take handouts. While she is bartering she meets Gage who seems to be trying to hook up with a call girl. Phoenix shows him a lot of shade and ends ...more
Stacy
MJ Fields had straight up ruined me for all other book boyfriends. Gage Falcon is the man we all want. He possesses all of the traits we women want, no need in a man.

He's smart, successful, smokin hot and will have your ovaries exploding upon instant contact. Single dad's are hot! Just sayin.

As always Ms. Fields kept me entertained from page one, the best part was having the Steel men show up. Mmmmm.... Zandor Steel. Need I say more.

Here of late I have been reading books that have sassy, indep
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Falcon's Landing is supposed to be a refuge. Idyllic setting to just get away and tune out the troubles of the world. What happens when Gage Falcon tries to relax but finds a woman who pushes all his buttons? She irritates him, doesn't take his sh*t, she's intelligent, and turns him on like no other woman ever has. What starts out as a way to get her out of his system, turns into a unique relationship that both of them admit isn't about love. Yeah, right!

Pheonix Star isn't looking for a man. Wha
M.J. Fields
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

You loved Men of Steel, Jase, Cyrus, Zandor, Xavier, Momma Joe, Kat, and all things dirty taking and hard loving, about the Steel Brothers.
You loved Ties of Steel, Abe, Dominic, Sabato, and their alpha dominant ways.
You got rocked by the Rockers of Steel. Memphis Black, Finn Beckett, River James, Billy Jeffers and begged for more.
I gave you The Match Duet, Kat, long time tattoo artist at Forever Steel on the Jersey Shore, and you loved her, okay maybe not her, but her epic tale of online dating
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-love, audible
(I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review)

I don't know how she does it - MJ Fields just knows how to write men in a way that just makes me fall for them time after time. First it was the Caldwell Brothers and their friends, the Men of Steel, Trae of the Seattle Stallions, and now Gage Falcon. He uttered words that I really should've found repulsive and cringe-worthy, but I found myself having a decidedly different reaction to them. I love a romance between two damaged people and MJ Fie
Rebecca
ARC generously provided via Netgalley in exchange for a honest review

4 Too hot stars

Let me start off by saying I have never read anything by M.J. Fields before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Now I am asking myself 'WHYYYYY have I not read this author before!!"

Hammered is a stand alone that will be part of a series about the Falcon brothers. This is also a companion series to the Men of Steel books (which I now cannot wait to devour)!

Hammered is the story of Gage Falcon. Gage is the oldest
Jennifer Pierson
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gage Falcon's life was turned upside down after he divorced his wife. Now he lives his life with iron control, and no desire to ever get in a serious relationship ever again. Phoenix Star's heart was broken, and now she doesn't trust any man, so she's concentrating on becoming the person she's destined to be without help from anyone. The night she meets Gage, she writes him off as a man whore, while insulting him. This doesn't chase Gage off, in fact, it only spurs him on to get her into his bed ...more
Jan
Hammered is Hot!

Wow! this isn't a rollercoaster read or a read with angst, this is two people getting their lives under cotrol,figuring out the next step and in the process finding love.

Gage, a brother from another mother, friends of the men of steel in previous books has been lied to, deceived by his own mother and brother,married a woman who claimed the son he helped bring into the world was his only to find out he wasn't and now after custody battles is a single dad as well as being the owne
Lisa  Hershaw
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recently divorced Gage Falcon is using an app to have no string hook ups because after his divorce he's sworn off commitment, but when he meets his latest hook up he's more interested in the barmaid, at first I thought he was just douche, but the more I read I really liked Gage, he wasn't like that at all.

Gage successfully runs a construction company and he happens to own Falcon Landing where barmaid Phoenix is living, Phoenix is sassy out spoken no holds bar girl. They've both been burnt by the
Cyndi
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
When you get past the fact that almost every noun and verb is preceded by f*ck and that the hero and heroine have ten times more sex than conversation, this book manages to work itself into a pretty good love story.
Tiffany Willams
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

"Dreams are beautiful and in vibrant living color, until reality shits all over them. Then it's on you to wade through the shit and see if you can find your way back to what brought you here in the first place."

Holy hotness on a cracker, Batman!!
This book was amazing!!

Gage Falcon is sex personified!!
And Phoenix Star doesn't stand a chance at resisting him!
Their attraction is instant and you feel the pull between them completely.

"This man, who I know wants to tear me apart, has been torn apart hi
Rejane
Apr 24, 2017 marked it as not-interested
Because of reasons... and not enough reviews.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Hammered is a sexy story with a rough around the edges alpha and a feisty, sweet heroine. First off, I have to say that I LOVE that Phoenix is Asian. It's not every day that romances feature Asian heroines, so it's a treat that I get to read about someone of my own race in a romance. Secondly, I love that she's just plain awesome, sweet, funny and feisty AF! She's more than equal to Gage, the dirty talking, rough around the edges man she falls in love with.

I also have to say that as much as I en
P.e. lolo
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
A story that has a lot of things going on. First you have Gage Falcon who is part owner of a company that he has helped turn around into a multimillion dollar business. He has some anger but you are made aware of the reasons why as the story goes along. The reasons deal with ex-wife, and mother whom both knew for years that boy he had been raising was not his son. Both of them are not the nicest people and when Gage meets and falls for Phoenix Star who is new in town and also a bartender. The cl ...more
Jenny
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
**4.5 delicious sexy stars!!

So, at first I was a little skeptical because sometimes filthy-mouthed alpha males can just become crude assholes and I haven't read a male character like this in a long time, BUT hot damn....Gage is a sexy MF. And he's honest and caring and is in a position not many--and I mean a very small handful of men, would put themselves in and it made me love him even more.

Phoenix. Love her. She was strong and feisty and took no shit. I also loved the diversity of the characte
Faith89
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
received copy for review
Gage Falcon is a dirty talking, no holds barred alpha male. He says what he thinks and gets what he wants.Physically, he is big and strong with tattoos. He also runs a million dollar construction company. He will get down and dirty with his worker and help train them the way he wants them to work. Phoenix Star is a petite, rough around the edges, man hating female. She can talk trash and hold her own with anyone. She is a recent psychology graduate and is planning to furt
michelle Shelly
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sassy, Sweet and Sexy

Absolutely wonderful! I loved this story. You have a sexy alpha single Dad and a spunky man eater bartender. Gage and Phoenix are great characters who will immediately find a place in your heart.

Working two jobs to raise money for school, Phoenix doesn't have time for players. Having been cheated on by her ex she has her guard up and put men on the back burner. When a hot, sexy man walks into her bar it's very obvious he's looking for one thing and one thing only.

Having hi
Colleen Giminiani
Hammered by MJ Fields was INCREDIBLE! I was so addicted to this story that I ended up buying the audio when I went into work because I just HAD to continue. I couldn't wait! Nope, not at all.

Gage was a brooding, alpha character that oozed so much testosterone that I was head over boots from the get go. He had so many qualities that I just adored, admired and became immediately drawn to. Model Jonny James was THE PERFECat pick for this cover. Hands down, amazing!

Phoenix was a wonderful heroine
  • Love Bites (Bitten, #4)
  • Drunk in Love
  • Bullets and Bluebonnets (Ex Ops #6)
  • Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate, #1)
  • Close the Tab (Devil's Due MC, #3)
  • The One Adored - The One Trilogy, #3
  • Of River and Raynn - The Catalyst
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • The Allure of Madness
  • Earth (The Invasion Trilogy #1)
  • Lunangelique's Sleeping Gods
  • PowerLess: Anti-Hero Game (Power Chain Book 3)
  • Fixing Sydney (Branson's Kind of Love Trilogy Book 1)
  • Rock Hard (BAD Alpha Dads)
  • Under Her Wings (Sistas, #1)
  • Everlasting Love (Sulfur Heights, #6)
USA Today Bestselling author MJ FIELDS grew up on a farm surrounded by her extended family. She attributes her ability to write a realistic male character to the fact that she had a large amount of male influences in her life… that and the dirty joke books she would steal from her uncles or the farms hired help and run away laughing while they chased her yelling obscenities trying to get her to re ...more

Steel Country (3 books)
  • Destroyed (Steel Country #2)
  • Wasted (Steel Country, #3)