Start by marking “Perfect Imperfections” as Want to Read:
Perfect Imperfections

Perfect Imperfections

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews
Published March 29th 2017 by olympia publishers

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Imperfections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Imperfections

Magdalena
As soon as I started reading Perfect Imperfections I was drawn into it. I wanted to know who Sarah was, what had happened and why she was running away.
There is so much to love about that book. The vivid descriptions of African landscape, the mouthwatering foods mentioned. The biggest strength to me though are beautifully crafted characters, especially Sarah, and the relationships between them. The friendships, love, they shine through and allow Sarah to heal and find courage to live a meaningful
Zoe
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Uplifting, vivid, and poignant!

Perfect Imperfections is a heartwarming tale about letting go of the past, embracing the future and discovering one’s true self after suffering heartbreak and tragedy.

The writing is vivid and descriptive. The characters are strong, kind, and supportive. And the plot is an engaging, emotional tale with a side of mystery that’s full of heartache, loss, grief, betrayal, relationship dynamics, family, romance, and love.

Overall, I would have to say that Perfect Imperfec
Charmaine Saliba
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story of lost, betrayed and love.
I really loved this book and couldn't help myself to care for Sarah, I wanted to hug her tight and tell her that everything will be all right. I have never been in South Africa but while read the novel, it was like that I was there, smelling the wonderful scent of lavender, and imagine the African sky.

Sarah, left London all of a sudden, to go back to her native country, South Africa. She is broken psychologically and spiritually. Sarah sees no future fo
Linda Zagon
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
_________________________________________________________________________________________
 MY REVIEW OF "PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS" by TARYN LEIGH

I appreciate the way Taryn Leigh, author  of "Perfect Imperfections" weaves the details of her story. The timeline of this story is mostly in the present with a few past references that pertain to the characters or the storyline. The genres of this story are Fiction or Women's Fiction.

The author describes her characters as complex and complicated. Some char
Susan Hampson
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When the Story begins Sarah Lewis is running from her past, well flying actually, leaving behind her life and family in the UK and heading out to the country she was born, South Africa and where she still had the best kind of friend. One that didn’t ask questions.
It is obvious from the start of this book that something soul destroying has happened to Sarah, so much so that she just can’t think about it never mind talk it out. Katy and her brother welcome her with open arms and try to make life a
Jessica
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perfect Imperfections is Taryn Leigh’s debut novel and it is a mix of mystery and adventure with some romance.

Sarah Lewis has experienced something that many people never go through and she is a broken woman at the beginning of the novel. Taryn Leigh pulls you in from the start as we go on this journey with Sarah. You grow to care for Sarah as the novel progresses and once we learn what she experienced your heart
Caryn
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
Full review and giveaway on my blog: http://www.thebookwhisperer.org/2017/...
Emily
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!
I was kindly sent this book for review purposes.
When I first read about this book I was a little skeptical, this really isn't the style of book I would reach for! But my god am I glad I did!

This book illustrates a beautiful picture of a beautiful friendship and relationship from the very beginning.
If I had to say something to a person that isn’t a fan of romance novels, I would explain that this isn’t just a romance novel it contains a whole array of emotions from love to heartache, includi
Lainy
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time taken to read - 1 day

Pages - 290

Publisher - Olympia Publishers

Blurb from Goodreads

Despite immediate success in her business, she struggles to understand who she really is and where she belongs in the world. So begins a journey of discovery as Sarah re-unites with Katy in the land where
Linda Tilling
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazon, kindle-books
My 5* review of Perfect Imperfections by Taryn Leigh that I read and reviewed via kindle download.

"Sarah Lewis desires nothing more than to begin again after a failed marriage and a tragedy so terrifying, it forces her to leave her life in London to stay with her best friend a world apart in South Africa. So begins a journey of discovery as Sarah re-unites with Katy in the land where she was born, where the air is lavender scented, and weekends are spent on the beach. Until the day when she has
Kellie
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really lovely, easy read about betrayal, trust and moving on. Taryn is extremely descriptive in her writing to the point that you feel like you are in the room with them or smelling the lavender or home baked goods.

Beautiful characters were introduced to us, her best friend Katy, childhood friend and Katy’s brother Edward, her assistant Kevin just to name a few. Sarah was running from her past but you feel complete after finding out why and seeing her move into her future.
Isabella May
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A stunning debut. I really enjoyed this hygge-style novel of love, loss and female empowerment. What made it so very different to anything I have read before, was the wonderful way Taryn Leigh weaves so many subjects into her writing; travel and food and drink taking centre stage, as well as the subjects of friendship and nurturing the soul. This made for quite the multi-faceted story with believable characters who jumped off the page. The perfect book to curl up with armed with a proper hot cho ...more
Colette Lamberth
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
As a romance/chick lit novel I think this would be a perfect holiday read and you could really lose yourself in the descriptions of South Africa. The mystery/suspense element of the story I didn't feel worked quite so well and the reveal felt a bit rushed. This is definitely a sweet story with characters who just love surprises but sadly a bit too sweet for my palate.

I received a copy of Perfect Imperfections via THE Book Club on Facebook and my thanks to the author Taryn Leigh for that.
Katie
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I absolutely adored this book and I fell in love with Sarah, Katy, Edward, John and Kevin. I hope this is not the last time we visit these characters as I would love to read more from them.

It was such a nice change to read a book set in South Africa, it's on my bucket list and the way Taryn Leigh described Durban has made me want to go now! The attention to detail from Taryn regarding the descriptions is impeccable. I really felt like I had been to Durban with how well it was described. Af
Iris Ivy
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wished this book didn't have to end.
Loved every minute of it. I went on an adventure as Sarah fought to survive and rebuild her life after facing a tragedy. The book left trails like breadcrumbs to reveal the story behind the story. Creating a sense of mystery. Through it all I laughed and cried with Sarah and jumped with joy as her life went from one adventure to the next. I would recommend this story to anyone wanting a story that has emotional depth, romance, adventure and even mystery.
Sue Richards
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such an awesome feel good story, with enough mystery to keep you turning the pages, enough heartache to make it relatable, and enough laughs to pick you up. The Author shares in so much detail each scene that you feel as if you are a part of it. Great read! It had me even debating with the Characters in my head as if they were real!
Kim Peretic
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fast read! I don’t read many books outside of my regular fantasy books, but I wanted to read this because the author is a sweet person and I wanted to try something else, this book called me.

I was expecting a cheesy, predictable and boring romance. Well, I was wrong, and I love to be wrong for these kind of things. Anything that can surprise me, is a good thing.

This book is full of suspense and it really get thru the feeling of looking forward and leave the past behind. I never suspe
Georgina Roberts
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and thought the story was fab. We start by not really knowing much about why Sarah has fled her life in the U.K. and gone back to her home country in South Africa. Slowly through the book she starts to open up and we find out why she's so broken and upset.
I read this book in one day, i wanted to find out what was going to happen and the story really held my attention and was very enjoyable.
My only issue is that some of writing seemed formal and wasn't how I expected
CoffeeAndBooksGoTogether
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a rare find. I typically read different genres but I was recommended this book by a friend and I never looked back. I read it in less than 6 hours because it was impossible to put it down, walk away from this story and get on with my life before I knew how it ends. I'm giving it 5* without a hesitation and adding it to the list of my all time favourite books.

The perfect imperfections is written in such a beautiful style and you fall in love with characters from the start.

It's writt
Jessica Burgess
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As I began to read this story, it took me away from reality and into Sarah's world. I could smell the Lavender and I could feel the emotions within every word. My heart ached and my heart smiled for her. This is an unbelievable story. It had joy, sadness, pain and anguish. This book should be on everyone's list this Fall. Cozy up by the fire and enjoy!
Cassandra Cook
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A story of prevailing in spite of everything

"But I've realised that sometimes things can be a little different, almost vastly different, yet make perfect sense when they are brought together. Sometimes differences are what make things symmetrical."

"Today I choose to forgive you, not because of who you are, but because of who I want to become."

This is written from a different POV then I usually enjoy. It made it hard for me to connect with a specific character as much as I would have liked to. B
Katie Sharp
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
If I'm honest, to begin with, I thought this book was going to be rather 'cheesy'. I imagined it was going to be predictable. It was refreshingly far from it and it was nice to be proved wrong!
I connected very quickly with the main character Sarah as she felt very believable and I loved her inner strength. I also genuinely felt her pain. She was such a nice person that I wanted to see her at peace and happy.
I particularly liked this authors style of writing and attention to detail. It really d
Teresa Nasson
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Perfect Imperfections - The title alone is so catching. Being a South African myself, I was excited to get to read a book by another citizen. Being able to relate to references made in the book was so cool.

The story - dealing with overcoming past hurts and trying to move on is something we can all relate with. I was anxiously waiting for Sarah's past to be revealed. The anticipation built with every chapter.

It was amazing to once again witness the healing power of forgiveness!
Heather Copping
There is one word that sums up this book and that's the first word of the title "Perfect". I absolutely loved it. I particularly liked the way it keeps you guessing what it is that Sarah is running away from and the very strong friendship she has with her childhood friend Katy is very warming. It's set in South Africa and partly in London and the parts in South Africa seem so lovely and exotic it makes you want to visit. I read this book in three days and I just didn't want it to finish. This bo ...more
Rebecca
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
After divorce, interior designer (Sarah) starts new life in South Africa near childhood best friend (Katy). Why did Sarah run away from London? What happened in her past? Will she be able to move on?

I enjoyed the writing style and the South African setting. If you're looking for a light beach read, then I would recommend this sweet story.

***🚨 Trigger Warning 🚨*** Drowning
Leila
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5* Honestly I thought this was a beautiful read, it had just the right amount of description without being too much, it gave you room to picture the characters in you own imagination. I particularly like that the reason for her moving isn't told straight away and the lead up to it was engaging enough to keep me invested as a reader. If you want to read a book that has love, loss and rediscovery then this is the book for you. I will keep my eyes peeled for anymore by this author And look forwar ...more
Myriah Patakas
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Debs
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliantly written book. Very emotional and a moving story of loss,Love, friendship & understanding - I could just picture myself in some of the places too even though I have not been to South Africa - very good descriptions - thank you Taryn, looking forward to the next one!
Lisa
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED perfect imperfections

the story is fantastic - a real feel good romance with a touch of mystery thrown in.

the language is stunningly descriptive, drawing you into the story flawlessly with detailed description and flowing narrative.

i loved how Taryn dropped in hints as to the mystery of sarahs past and unravelled it bit by bit within the main body of the story.

the language is VERY romantic, so if you dont like that sort of thing it might not be for you but i loved it, and it fits right in
Niki Baier
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this - the book arrived about 3pm and read the whole thing before bed.
The premise is simple - Sarah returns to her native South Africa after experiencing an incident in her personal life. I didn't work out what had happened until it was revealed in the story and was so beautifully written I had tears in my eyes.
On her return to South Africa she rekindles friendships with some of her closest friends and redefines there boundaries as well as makes new key relationships.
The story
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I write novels that have a mixture of Love, Mystery, Adventure and overcoming adversity.
My influencers include writers such as Karen Swan, Sidney Sheldon & Enid Blyton.

I love hearing from readers and I always respond. I can be contacted in the following ways:

Twitter @tarynleighbook
Instagram @tarynleighbooks
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taryn.leigh.585

I live in South Africa, with my Husb
“sometimes things can be a little different, almost vastly different, yet make perfect sense when they are brought together. Sometimes differences are what make things symmetrical.” 0 likes
“I’ve been the queen of symmetry and everything had to be in identical balance, no matter how you looked at it. But I’ve realized that sometimes things can be a little different, almost vastly different, yet make perfect sense when they are brought together. Sometimes differences are what make things symmetrical.” 0 likes