Start by marking “Royal Replicas (Royal Replicas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Royal Replicas (Royal Replicas, #1)

Royal Replicas

(Royal Replicas #1)

"Princess Amelia is dead... and one of you will replace her."

Seventeen-year-old Victoria Sandalwood has served the Duke and Duchess all her life. Over the years, she’s learned to make do with what she has and endure her surrogate father’s awful punishments. She dreams of escape, but never expected it to come in the form of a message from the Queen of Westeria.

Victoria lear
Published July 11th 2017 by ParousiaSix Press (first published July 10th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Royal Replicas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Royal Replicas

TL
Nov 18, 2017 marked it as dnf
This reminded me of the concept for the "Selection" and the vibe of "Princess Diaries" in its own way... it was easy to read but overall fell flat for me. I couldn't feel anything for the characters but the plot was interesting so I pressed on.

DNF at page 136

Another case of "its not you book its me"... Makes me wish some of these books had been around when I was a teen. I would have gobbled this up I bet and annoyed the librarian asking for the next ones.

Buddyread with my good friend Melissa
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Check out more YA book reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Victoria has spent her whole life caught between being a daughter of the house, loved by her surrogate mother and a servant to the man who abuses her with terrible beatings he calls "punishments." The last thing she expects is a message from the Queen calling her the younger sister to Princess Amelia. When she arrives she learns all is not as it seems when she meets 6 other girls who mirror her in almost every way. Kale a boy from her pa
Melissa
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I received an advanced copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Royal Replicas by Michael Pierce is a young adult sci-fi romantic drama written in first-person (with the exception of the Prologue and Epilogue which are both in third-person). The book is well written, flows well, and is confusion free. The pace is steady and reveals information to the reader at a rate that is neither overwhelming or boring. This is not an action-packed story, it is a drama.

The point-of-view character is
Jackie
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book. Victoria has served the Duke and Duchess all her short life, not a great life for one so young. Then a summons from the Queen. Don’t miss out on this superb story.
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
I'm stating this as a 2.5, maybe 3 if I'm being a little more generous. Which is honestly rather sad considering that this looked primed to be a really engaging, unique story.

So, why was the execution off? Well, it's too short, too simple, too shallow, too swift. It had the makings for some really dark, intense themes and some rather interesting ideas and I was expecting a much more severe, sharp, sensual kind of book, but ultimately it was trying too hard to appeal to the lower end of the YA s
Laura P.
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was ok

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review.

When I first read the plot I was terribly intrigued. Too bad I found myself reading what felt like a mash up between The Selection, Twilight & The Hunger Games.

Truth is, I practically have only about two positive things to say about Royal Replicas :

1. The cover is amazing

2. The pages fly by

Unfortunately I found the characters flat and dull and the book felt full of stereotypes and senseless v
John
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Opening line intrigues you from the start, making you want to know more. “Beatrice Ramsey stood against the wall by the bookshelf while the doctors were working on her daughter; the girl was still lying unconscious from the procedure and so peaceful lying in her bed.”

Author Michael Pierce's style is brisk but not brusque; most of the time gets right to the point and has a grasp of grammar and spelling- shame nowadays that’s something you have to take note of.

The setting is in a dystopian future
Vesper
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was ok

Click the logo for the full review.

The Selection meets Twilight (at least in my opinion).
WARNING: Spoiler alert

When I agreed to review this, I was moved by the summary. I was intrigued. Sure, the plot wasn't very unique considering what it reminded me of, but I still wanted to see what kind of adventure this would take me on. Let me start off by saying that I do not intend to be mean in the slightest; these are my opinions and thoughts that I had while reading the book.

First off, let me start
Mary Ellen
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dead. 5 million dystopian stars... I have been on this crazy hunt for a book similar to the Selection. Well, this story gave me all the Selection feels and so much more!! If the series continues the way this first book has, then I can honestly admit this will become one of my favorite series.

Victoria serves the Duke and Duchess of the 24th Ward. Being nothing more than a servant while dealing with physical and emotion abuse from her surrogate father, I'm sure Victoria dreams of escape. So when
Lauren - SERIESous Books
**I received a copy of this book from YA Bound Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

This was a lighter dystopian read that is perfect for fans of royalty in their dystopian novels.

I was really drawn into the suspense of the plot. Trying to figure out why Victoria was called in with the other girls to replace Amelia kept me on the edge of my seat. Throughout the novel I was coming up with all these conspiracy theories which was a l
Caroline Hanssen
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought-2018, kindle, owned
This was a rollercoaster of a book, a lot of plot twists even though some of them was pretty obvious. I really liked this book, but it reminded me a lot about The Selection book.

I’m really excited to read what’s happening next! Can’t wait to buy it! :)
Alaina
One word. AMAZING. This book was interesting from the start and I absolutely love Victoria. I thought the ending was going to be a cliché but WHAM! no. it. didn't. I really hope there is going to be another book!! :)
RaeAnna Schmidt
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Reminded me a lot of The Selection except with less fleshed out characters and plot.
Ksandra
Apr 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3/5 Stars

Warning: Some mildly graphic depictions of physical abuse, and potential depictions of sexual abuse (it was almost hard to distinguish so giving warning just in case).

Sigh, I actually had really high hopes for this novel. The premise sounded so intriguing. It was essentially a Sci-Fi selection, where the girls competing are clones of a dead princess. However, it became brutally... underwhelming and annoying.

We meet Victoria as she is getting "reset" (a term that, at least in this instan
Kelsey Wheeler
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book went beyond my expectations.
I'll start off by saying that there is some detailed child abuse in this story. Just to warn people that are sensitive to the matter. It's mostly whippings gone to far. I did not like the abuse in the story, but it did make the story more complete and rounded. You really feel for the character and understand how much winning and over coming it all means to them.
I saw some previous reviews comparing it to Twilight, but I don't think it's anything like Tw
Lorena
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, sci-fi
Recensione in italiano sul blog (link profilo)
---
-----

PLOT & CHARACTERS

Servant of the Dukes of the 24th Ward, Victoria grew up hoping for an escape from the place where she was treated so badly. The Duke, in fact, makes her life a hell with psychological and physical torture, and although she loves other members of the Ramsey family, she hopes that sooner or later all this will end. Her get-away is a message from Queen of Westeria in person who calls her to the palace to take the pla
Mikayla Gray
DNF 43%

Confession time - I recieved a free e-copy of his book in exchange for an honest review. However, as you can see, this didn't influence my rating or feedback in any way, shape or form.

The story started out promisingly enough and had an interesting premise, however it suffered in my eyes from an lacklustre protagonist and a big dollop of misogyny. The idea of a poor, put-upon everygirl who turns out to be a long lost princess is fairly standard, so I loved the twist that this everygirl was
Katie
Seventeen-year-old Victoria has been a house servant for the Sandalwoods for as long as she can remember. So when a message from the Queen is delivered to Victoria it comes as a shock. What would Queen Westeria want from a basic house servant? The message is that Princess Amelia is dead and she is the princesses daughter. Victoria packs her bags and heads to the palace to live her life as a princess. However, when she gets to the palace she finds out that she's not the only one who has been told ...more
Annaliese Sier
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Plot: Set many years in the future in a dystopian Regency, Victoria Sandalwood has spent her life being treated as a second class citizen and abused by her foster family. This all changes when a messenger drone from the capital comes to announce that Victoria is actually the daughter of the queen. Upon arriving to the palace Victoria realizes that she is just one of many clones and must complete in a bachelor style competition for the heart of Prince Byron and a place as the next queen.

Recommend
Zili
3.5 Stars in my Sky

Royal Replicas is a strange sort of amalgamation of a few different things. Take the competition part of The Selection, the sci-fi elements from Orphan Black and a lot of Luce's indecisiveness from the Fallen series and to be honest you're still not even close, but heading in the right direction when it comes to describing Royal Replicas.

Once a servant, now the daughter of a Queen, Victoria Sandalwood finds herself abruptly thrust into a dangerous game with the ultimate prize
Gayle Noble
Following the prequel 'Reset', 'Royal Replicas' sees Victoria Sandalwood summoned to the palace, leaving behind her life as basically a servant to the Ramseys. She is told she is actually Princess Amelia's younger sister and is soon to be married to Prince Byron. When she reaches the palace, however, Victoria finds that she is one of seven identical girls who will have to compete to replace the deceased Amelia and marry the Prince.

I enjoyed reading this for the most part. It was an interesting
SUZAN C.
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Part dystopian, part fairytale-ish. There's something to be said about cloning and giving the clones the same memories as the original. With Victoria, she doesn't know any different other than being the adopted daughter of a Duke and Duchess in a dysfunctional family. Set in a dystopian-like world where royalty still ruled the land, Victoria only knows that she's the begotten child of a Duke who abuses her and lives a life of semi-luxury. But she has moments of flashbacks and memories that pop u ...more
Jessica Lucci
Book Review by Jessica Lucci
Royal Replicas by Michael Pierce
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
July 27, 2017

Victoria is an 18 year old living in a post-modern world with her abusive foster family. Like Cinderella, she is suddenly transported to the prospect of becoming royalty. She must choose not only what is best for herself, but also what can help those people she has left behind. Two very different suitors complicate her vision and ultimately, she realizes she must be true to her sisters if she wants to
A_MOTUS
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once I started to read it was difficult to close the book. I wanted to know what was coming next, how Victoria would react and act. Because when your life is on the line reaction is often too late. I liked how we were seeing different facets of the girls and of the other characters.
Some plot lines were predictable but it was okay and did not help to reveal the outcomes of the story. Another thing that bothered me is the circle between the guys: even if part of her body remembers Kale she should
Andi
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chrissie
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a story. You know a book was worth the read, when you start out confused, get even more confused, and then when everything starts to make sense, you don't know who to root for... Damn! This book will be haunting me so much and I cannot wait to delve into the next installment, which will be coming out the 15th of October.

First off, Michael's writing is superb. You will be swallowed into a world within ours, set years later, and you'll want to never leave. He impressively weaved the plo
Jill Jemmett
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review is part of the blog tour from YA Bound Blog Tours.

Victoria Sandalwood lives with Duke and Duchess Ramsey. She has lived with them all her life, but she has never been treated as a daughter. She has been banished to the cellar and is constantly punished for silly things, resulting in her being beaten by Master Ramsey. One day, she gets a message from Queen Hart that says she is her daughter and must return to the castle to marry a prince. Victoria is shocked at this news but also hap
Rimpy Toor
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review on my blog: https://rimpysreads.wordpress.com/201...

This novel gave me such a The Bachelor vibe. It was a fun story with a cool dystopian vibe to it.

I was honestly very surprised by how intriguing and interesting this novel turned out to be. I could not put it down and sped through the 400+ pages in a day or so.

The main character, Victoria, was a very fun character to follow. She went through a lot throughout this novel and was always very strong, which I really appreciated.

I’d like to me
Susan
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was very different from what I expected. The main character is Victoria Southwood, a young woman living with the family of Duke Ramsay. The relationships of the Ramsay family with Victoria are very complicated. But it's the relationship between Victoria and the youngest daughter, Mina that that really shows the depth of the characters.

As the title implies, Victoria is a dopleganger for Princess Amelia, the only daughter of the Queen, another complicated person. And not at all what one

• Out Of Time
  • Set Me Free (A Fugitive #2)
  • The Thirst Within
  • Flux Flame (Flame Moon, #3)
  • The Thirteenth World (The Corridor Duology #2)
  • Quanta Rewind (The Shadow Ravens, #4)
  • Unmerciful: (Forbidden Bonds) (A Forbidden Bond Novel Book 3)
  • Generation (Clone Chronicles, #3)
  • City of Legends (City of Legends Series #1)
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: Extreme Edition: Extreme Edition
  • The Reader
  • The Elders (Mind Dimensions, #4)
  • De stem van de zee (Eiland in de mist, #1)
  • Mirror, Mirror
  • Forgotten (Lost Children, #1)
  • This Vicious Cure (This Mortal Coil #3)
  • Destroyer (Rewinder #2)
Michael Pierce loves stories that are thrilling and unexpected, fantastical and romantic—addictive tales that keep you reading long past the witching hour.

He currently lives in Southern California with his wife, kids, and two blood-thirsty chiweenies. When he's not at the computer, he enjoys spending quality time with family, practicing yoga, playing guitar behind closed doors, and listening to au

Royal Replicas (4 books)
  • Royal Captives (Royal Replicas, #2)
  • Royal Threat (Royal Replicas, #3)
  • Royal Return (Royal Replicas, #4)