Start by marking “Saving Detroit” as Want to Read:
Saving Detroit

Saving Detroit

Luke Kelso is about to land what he thought was his dream job as crew chief for his dad’s pro-race team, but a celebratory night out with friends turns into a six-month nightmare of abuse after he is drugged and forced into service for a high-end sex trafficking ring.

His rescue and return home to a family that loves him should have given him a safe place to recover and beg
Kindle Edition
Published April 29th 2017 by Self

To ask other readers questions about Saving Detroit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving Detroit

Start your review of Saving Detroit
Anita
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Michelle has created a masterpiece that sucks you in right from the start and keeps you stuck until the very end. She is excellent at creating a scene, including you you in the conversation and causing you to feel. Saving Detroit is a small break from her previous, Urban Fantasy, genre. A small break that I expect to be repeated over and over, because Michelle is too busy writing whatever is in her heart at that moment to be stuck in a single category.

What I Loved: I loved that this
Etha Walters
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Michelle Bolanger took on this story with every fiber of her being. I know this because it is dripping in every page and you can step into the horror of what Luke went through from beginning to end and feel it. I mean really feel it.The main character Luke Keslo was on top of his game at 20 years old and one night at a party he is drugged, kidnapped and imprisoned. He is repeatedly raped, humiliated, beaten and forced into prostitution. His story is an important one that challenges the stigma of ...more
Jackie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Even though this is fiction, it could almost be considered historical fiction as human trafficking is happening as I write this review. This was a interesting read and the author kept your interest in the story going. Kind of cool also is that I met the author at the Dayton Book Expo when I bought this book.
D.H.
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama
I love to read. I read a lot. Most genres. Rarely will a book, after that initial book coma, leave me haunted. That is what Saving Detroit did. I could not shake the plights of the characters.

Saving Detroit, Michelle BolangerMeet Luke Kelso, young up-and-coming crew chief for his father's successful race team. He has everything the world could offer. A chance encounter and a decision to return to a party best left Inge Luke into a six month living hell as the pet of a sex trafficker. Once he is
Annette Spratte
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: touching
Saving Detroit is a story about a topic you don’t hear much about – and probably don’t want to hear much about: Human trafficking.
But Saving Detroit is much more than that. It’s a story about survival and finding the courage to overcome a terrible past. It’s a story of hope.
The author has done a tremendous job with this difficult subject. She could have told many garish details to shock the reader. Instead, she focused on the emotional side; the shame, the humiliation, the hopelessness the you
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, arc-s

I had the pleasure of alpha reading this story. Although, I think my job was super easy because MB knows how to write and didn’t really need much help on this one so I found myself really able to let loose and just enjoy the story as it unfolded.

So, full disclosure, I’m what you would call a casual observer of faith. I don’t go to church every week and if you know me at all you know that I rarely talk about faith with people. I’ve never finished the bible
Carly Wakefield
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Michelle always writes a beautiful story but this one is something else altogether. To handle such a sensitive subject so magnificently is a gift.
Michelle you are amazing
Apr 04, 2018
Holly
May 08, 2018
Michelle Bolanger
Jun 20, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jessica
Sep 06, 2018
Michelle Bolanger has been an avid reader all her life. With the encouragement of her family and friends, she decided to take the leap and publish her own books. Michelle is also a talented vocalist. She enjoys going on cruises, cheering for her favorite professional hockey team, and finding new coffee houses. Michelle lives in Ohio with her husband and two dogs.

News & Interviews