Start by marking “The Heartreader's Secret (The Faraday Files #3)” as Want to Read:
The Heartreader's Secret (The Faraday Files #3)

The Heartreader's Secret

(The Faraday Files #3)

The brilliant engineer Emilia Banks has gone missing.

Deathsniffer Olivia Faraday may be partial to solving murders, but this missing persons case is too personal to pass up -- especially when all the clues lead her and her assistant, Chris, to the sprawling countryside manor where Olivia was born and raised. Their investigation reveals new insights into the political confl
Published April 12th 2018 by Curiosity Quills Press

To ask other readers questions about The Heartreader's Secret, please sign up.
Kate McIntyre It'll be out this April 12! Sorry about the long wait :)

Kate McIntyre
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm particularly proud of this one! I hope everyone likes it. It was a lot of hard work but I couldn't be more happy with how it's all come together :)
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
Outstanding yet again! The Faraday Files is one of my most favorite series! The 1900s alternate steampunk London (Darrington City) and the diverse cast of characters found a place in my heart in Kate Mcintyre's debut, The Deathsniffer's Assistant, and I've been watching the characters struggle and cry, laugh and grow, sacrifice and persevere ever since.

But before I get into my review of Kate's newest release, book three, The Heartreader's Secret, I'd like to give you a brief overview of the firs
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

THE HEARTREADER'S SECRET is a thrilling paranormal-steampunk mystery. That's a mouthful but that is the description that fits with a story that has elements from all three genres. Technology is powered by magical creatures and the main characters have various sorts of interesting powers that they use to solve a missing person case. This genre mash involves some incredible world building that veers onto too complex especially if you are jumping right int
Lori S.
This one caught me in the solar plexus at the end and I had tears. Christopher and his sister, Rosie, both have to make hard choices for themselves and their friends as well as each other. Christopher is just getting the hang of his feelings for Will and Rachel, and is very confused by both. Though a bit of a slow read, this series building up to something more than just the sum of its parts and I look forward to seeing what the conspiracy and the characters develop into in future stories.
A
I loved this book... would have a full review up already if I haven't got sick... expect an ecstatic one within the next few days :)

edited to add my full review :)

I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) first things first, this is the third installment in what seems to be a four-book series, and those books are very much connected to one another, so you really should read them in order to get the most of the experience and to understand all the connections between characters... :)
Jenessa
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
*I received an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

I was certain that nothing could top The Timeseer’s Gambit for me, but Kate McIntyre just keeps getting better every book. If this is the same sort of quality I can expect from the last book, I’m extremely excited.

The Heartreader’s Secret finds Christopher Buckley and his employer looking into a disappearance in Olivia’s home, where Chris’ sister Rosemary has been hiding from the growing conflict between reformist and tradit
Online Eccentric Librarian
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, urban-fantasy, au

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Honestly, I absolutely adore this series and this latest installment in the 4 book series will top my best reads of 2018 list. The characters are complex, the world building subtle yet distinct, and we even have a mystery to solve by the end of each book. But at its heart, it's a story about relationships and different forms of love - from platonic to passionate.

Story: When Olivia and Christopher are called upon to find
Sarah (CoolCurryBooks)
The Heartreader’s Secret is the third in Kate McIntyre’s Faraday Files series, a queer fantasy mystery series. I do suggest reading the books in order, so starting with The Deathsniffer’s Assistant. I don’t think I can fully avoid spoilers for the previous two books in this review, so head on over to The Deathsniffer’s Assistant if you’re not familiar with the series (and it’s a great series, so I really do suggest considering it).

Olivia Faraday is only interested in solving murders — other crim
Rainbow Unicorn
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Edwardian-style fantasy, character-driven drama, and a touch of (LGBT+ friendly!) romance.
(I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.)

The third installment of the Faraday Files is finally here, and I am glad to be able to say with confidence that it is the best one yet. Of the two previous novels in the series, it has been my opinion that The Deathsniffer's Assistant has so far boasted the better mystery, while The Timeseer's Gambit featured a more satisfying delve into the personal lives and relationships of the Faraday Files' EXCELLENT cast. In The He
OwlKit
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh boy. As with the previous two books in this series, I devoured this one in under two days (and still, I was doing my best to exercise some self-control). Because even when something feels entirely mundane in this story, it's never boring, it's never dull. There's always some detail to be noted, some development, some new piece of information or emotion to slowly make up the bigger picture, some new facet of this amazing world to be revealed. The mystery had me constantly searching for new bre ...more
Peter Bensen
I'm not happy with where Ms McIntyre is going with this series. I loved the first two books, but I wanted to see Christopher grow emotionally a little faster than he has in this book, and honestly no one could be quite as dense as he is. I am tired of him careening from one emotional wreck after the other without ever understanding himself better. I realize that the characters in this series are "writ large" with big emotions but the consequences for anyone exposed to the disharmony, cruelty and ...more
Rachel McMillan
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think this book did the trick because after receiving a copy on Netgalley and reading it through, I immediately went and bought the first two in the series.

In a world not unlike our Edwardian era, there is magic, sure, through the power of elementals; but there is also murder.

McIntyre plays on the Sherlock Holmes slant here pairing Christopher Buckley ( an arresting character with a lot of heart and pragmatism) with Olivia Faraday, a scientific automaton who rubs people the wrong way and is a
Wontfor
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(I was given an advance reading copy of this book for an honest review)

So I've been pretty busy at work, and I haven't been reading as much. However, I've also been waiting to get further along in this mystery, and the world around it for quite some time. I was very pleased to be able to get an ARC for it. I refreshed myself by skimming a couple of the previous entries which got me excited to dig into the new one, and boy howdy.

The flow from the previous entries is great because this one builds
Marie -The Reading Otter
Review:
I recieved this book from the publisher for review.

I don't know what has changed my opinion on this series. Maybe that it's been 2 years since I read the last book, maybe my reading tastes have changed, maybe a little of both?

What I can say is that there are far too many plot lines in these books to have a very cohesive plot through the three. Being the third book, and with each book having about 300-400 pages, I would have thought that by now some things would have had some closure, b
Adrienne
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this world and its story and characters. This third installment (3 of 4 in the series) was worth the wait. Not to give away spoilers, but some of the will they/won’t they and is she/isn’t she questions get answered for several of the characters. I love to read series that provide this gradual peeling away of layers of illusion to get to the truth, where you end each book with a little different (hopefully better) understanding of how things really are.

And I love Abigail, Tremaine too. Wh
Amanda Nieves kellerhouse
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Julia Stephanie
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For some reason I'd been under the impression this was the end of the series, so I'm super excited that it sounds like their saga isn't over!
Katherine
Nov 13, 2018
Marnie
Sep 26, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

Kate McIntyre was born and raised in the frigid white north, having spent her entire life in Moncton, New Brunswick. She learned to appreciate the quintesstial Canadian things: endless winters, self-deprecating jokes, the untamed wilderness, and excessive politeness. Somehow it was the latter that she chose to write about.

She has been writing since she was five years old and nothing has ever stopp

The Faraday Files (3 books)
  • The Deathsniffer's Assistant