Start by marking “House of Glass (Poisoned Houses, #1)” as Want to Read:
House of Glass (Poisoned Houses, #1)

House of Glass

(Poisoned Houses #1)

After Caitlyn's life falls apart, can she trust her old racing competitors to help her build a new future?

On a poisonous planet, humans and halions coexist in stacked city structures with only a high wall to push back the toxic jungle. But not all poison comes from outside. As an elite, Level 12 citizen and the daughter of a ruling family, Caitlyn has fought her entire lif
Kindle Edition
Published April 11th 2017 by Covey Publishing (first published December 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about House of Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about House of Glass

Start your review of House of Glass (Poisoned Houses, #1)
Darce
i actually really enjoyed this sci-fi RH! it was unique and different to what i ususally read, and i liked the author's style. the characters were well done and the romance was cute, and i LOVED the roommate and her unique culture. plus i loved the acceptance of LGBTQ+ stuff ;)

(i found this book in the free Reverse Harem Advent Calendar, thank you to the author for putting the first chapter in there!)
Candice
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
**An arc was kindly given to me in exchange for an honest review.

Okay starting with the negative...

There were a few things that i wasn't sure about if i'm being honest. To start with i felt like i was missing some of the back story leaving me feeling like i was playing catch up. Once the story picks up its less noticeable as the characters draw you in but there were moments throughout where i felt slightly disconnected. At times i felt that some of the characters actions and responses felt force
Jeanny
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/12/2019)! 🎁
Kayla
Mar 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: rh, paranormal, some-mm
This was interesting but it was pretty short. I’m still confused on Declan and Felix’s relationship. I don’t mind m/m but it seems that the h wasn’t really included at times. I tend to like when the h is more involved and I keep forgetting about Connor because he was also like an afterthought as well.
Kathleen Bruce
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This actually the first book I've read by Lyn Forester and I really liked it! At first it was a little hard to get into but while this book is first in the Poison Houses series it is based in the Poison World series which i haven't read and i think House of Glass is a kind of prequel.

This world is where humans and Halions live side by side on a Poison world where they have managed to survive for 800 years or so. And while i said it was harder to get into a few things at first, like understandin
Lucy at Rain and Cupcakes Book Blog
Interesting world, but it was way too short (less than 200 pages).
Aneesha
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
So, this is the first Lyn Forester book I have read, and now I definitely plan on reading more. The only downfall is that this book is really short. The scenario is pretty different. You have to have an open mind to understand the world you are in. You smile a lot while reading the book and your heart melts sometimes. But there are times when you are like 'you shouldn't have'. It is RH but with a twist. And sometimes you have a feeling that there will be another twist on the other end as well. U ...more
Samantha
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. There needs to be a 6th 🌟 for this book. Seriously. this author is amazing to begin with, and her other books are all 5 stars imho. This book.. league of its own. 6 🌟 s totally!!
I love sparks, I love Conner.
I can't believe this poor girl has grown up rarely being hugged. No wonder rh is happening !!
It's so well written, the kisses, the touches.. and god damn. They are so different the guys, and felix just makes me laugh out loud. Love the slight twist there too.
Great book.
Need book 2!!!
Hennah
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm already searching for the sequel! I didn't mean to read this in one sitting...I mean, sleep is usually a good thing, right? But once I started, the only distraction that caught my attention was my kitten barging her way in between me and my kindle. Science fiction with a touch of fantasy stirred in...exactly what I needed. From illegal street racing to high society finishing school, House of Glass pulls you on an emotionally charged adventure through the classes of Leton...a planet that was ...more
Yasmin
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 - 3.0

I like the story but one thing that I'm not liking is how pushy they get with their affection.

Maybe think about Caitlyn's comfort and stop being so pushy? I love overly affectionate guys but if its reciprocated.

Felix character is pushing to almost non-consensual.

At the end she acknowledges whats going on so I guess this is part of the story development. I wished she would talk about it with the guys though. At least with Felix....
Vicki
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read House of Glass in the Falling For Them Anthology, Volume One (which is no longer available) and recently re-read it prior to reading the second installment, House of Artifice. This reverse harem story is set in Lyn Forester's Poison World, and is the start of the Poisones Houses series. I first read about the Poison World in Ms. Forester's book Beneath a Holo-Sky. That book is a full-length sci-fi novel (no romance) that has a lot of detail about the Poison World and I liked that I had re ...more
Taylor
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
House of Glass is a Reverse Harem story by Lyn Forester.

I really really enjoyed this book, it follows Caitlyn's adventure to the Academia for Planetary Alliance. Fortunately for Caitlyn she finds some allies in some old acquaintances.
Connor, Declan and Felix all develop a friendship with Caitlyn and attempt to show her what life can really be like, outside of the one she has experienced her whole life.

I love the characters, Caitlyn was a character that i just needed to hug so badly! Connor, De
Dorri
Mar 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: frakking-romance
Lyn Forester's House of Glass, the first novella in her Poisoned Houses series, follows Caitlyn, aka Sparks, as she travels off to finishing school at the Academia for Planetary Alliance (APA). A school for children of politicians, where they learn the fine points of protocol for a world where humans and halions have mixed together to create a flourishing society.

Sparks, once an up-and-coming disc-bike racer, got caught at a Night Pirate race when one of the racers went down in flames. As punish
SJ
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free advanced reader copy of this book and voluntarily decided to review it

I read this in the anthology Falling For Them and I loved it then. I also got a free copy, and after reading it again felt ready to review it.

Reverse Harem is my favourite genre of book, so I knew I was going to like this, however I was unprepared for how much I loved this story. Set in a fantasy poisoned world we meet Caitlyn, a disc biker trying to win enough money to escape her life and got to a school sh
Jun 20, 2019 rated it liked it
So Caitlyn is a rich girl who was illegally street racing...her dad finds out and sends her to a boarding school. Thankfully the guys she used to race against her were also rich kids who got sent to the same school. From the start they make it obvious they all want a relationship with her and she struggles with the idea of that.

Theres also some story about a portal or black hole or something, other races of beings and things like that. But the author didn't spend much time explaining all that so
Heather
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So, I'm really into reverse harem these days and this totally fed into my needs. My only complaint is that I for real needed this to be longer, but seeing as how I originally read it in an anthology I understand why it wasn't crazy long and I will not let that affect my rating nor my love for this book. This was my first book by this author and immediately after finishing I added it to my list of new series to pine over while I eagerly await book 2. I loved the dynamic between all the guys and C ...more
Claudia Owens
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: covey, rh
I first read House of Glass as part of the Falling For Them anthology and enjoyed it enough that I re-read it as a stand alone. I thoroughly enjoyed this introduction to Sparks and her boys and am looking forward to the next installment.

While set in the same world as Forester's other series (Poison World) I actually didn't connect the dots until re-reading - I think because House of Glass takes place almost entirely on the top level there's very little overlap in the day-to-day lives of these di
Beth C.
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this story!

I loved this when I first read it in the Fallen for Them anthology. Caitlyn (Sparks), Declan (Blaze), Connor (Rush) and Felix (Vice) all were illegal street racers together for a year until getting caught. But then the end up at a prep school together and learn each other's true identities. Their bond continues and grows and might even be morphing into something more. But the book ends before we can find out. Good cliffhanger! Can't wait to read the next book.
Paula
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh so good! Love this series, can't wait to re-read when book 5 comes out! Please make it a long one it's so ridiculously hard to find an rh romance book over 400 pages these days. Must say I'm not a fan of the mm but I was able to look past it and enjoy the rest of the book. It is missing that wow factor for me not quite feeling the tingles or the lolz but it's miles better than anything I've read recently and really made my weekend, can't wait for more!
Beth
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

This is great! I really like the group dynamic and the guys are too lovable. I really like Myrrine as well, she's an interesting character. My only problem was that it ended too soon and I want more! I'm curious about the converter that Caitlyn has and more about the structure of the world they live in.
Nicole Martinez
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read!!! The plot was fantastic and the characters are amazing. Felix is my favorite character. He is so goofy but sexual at the same time. Declan has a dark mysterious side. Connor has the calm attitude. I love them all but Felix has a special place in my heart. I love the slightly different twist on RH. I love it. My only negative about this book was that it was too short.
Maya William
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first chapter was different from what I was expecting, since sci-fi is not really my thing. Luckily , I decided to continue reading and found a little gem inside.

I love the way Connor and Felix interact, they really crack me up, "right Bro?"

Looking forward to read the next installment.

Dibs on Connor!!!! And Declan ... okay fine I'll take Felix as well.

Michelle
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Is the next book out yet?! This one definitely had me wanting more. The world building in this book was fun and Caitlyn's relationship with those around her were interesting and unique. I am super excited to see where things go for them. I also really loved Myrrine's character and hope she is in the next book more.
SJ
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reverse-harem

I really enjoyed this book, it is exciting with some romance and burgeoning relationships. Set in the future it is extremely well written and I am so very excited for the next book.

Lyn Forester us an extremely talented writer and would give it more than 5 stars if I could
Cassandra
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reverse-harem
I don’t typically go for series that deal with outer space and such, but I’m glad I stumbled across this series.

The concept is interesting, humans and an alien species having crash landed on a planet far from their original destination. Like most YA style, most events are based around a school system.

It definitely reads like a YA book, but I still found it to be an enjoyable read.
Nerdy Housewifey

So I really wanted to like this, I was all for it. Loved the writing, loved the sci-fi world, loved the characters.... then there was m/m. Which if you like that great, you’ll love this book it’s just not really something I enjoy. And if there’d been any clue or indication of it, I wouldn’t have picked this up. But c'est la vie 💁🏻‍♀️
Amanda  Morgan
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

I absolutely loved this book and the characters. The storyline is fun and unique and I was instantly captivated. Writing style is good and character development is well thought out. Highly recommend this book!
Mariam
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this book so much. I don't know when the next book is going to be released. My heart aches. I love Felix Conner and Declan. This book was mainly on the romance and it was beautiful. I want those three boys. I want Myrrine as a best friend. I want the dang deal. My heart <3 ...more
Alayna
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-this, read-2018
Cotton candy for the brain

Light and fluffy, just the way I like my romances! Love the positive portrayal of a poly relationship. A bit better communication would have been good, but hey - they're teenagers. Interested to see what comes next!

• Handfuls of Shattered Pieces (Pieces of Us, #1)
  • The Cardinal Bird (The Cardinal, #1)
  • Twice Bitten (New Moon #1)
  • Cardinal Caged (The Cardinal, #2)
  • Cardinal of Hope (The Cardinal, #3)
  • Wanted Angel (Feathers and Fate, #3)
  • Caged Magic (Iron Serpent Chronicles, #1)
  • Hidden Power (Academy of Elemental Magic, #1)
  • Broken Process (The Code, #3)
  • Becoming (Mountain Magic, #1)
  • Wicked Game (Feathers and Fate, #2)
  • Guns and Graveyards (Beyond the Shadows, #2)
  • Liar (Madison Kate, #2)
  • Hidden Agenda (The Code, #2)
  • Lola & the Millionaires: Part One (Sweet Omegaverse #2)
  • Vested Interest (The Code, #1)
  • Spells of Iron and Bone (Tarot Academy, #1)
  • Magical Academy for Delinquents (Pinnacle, #1)
Lyn Forester graduated with a Bachelor in English and an Associates in Graphic Design. She worked in the graphic design industry for ten years before deciding to pursue her other life long dream of becoming a writer. She grew up reading mostly fantasy books, though later in life found a love of urban fantasy and science fiction. She currently works from her home in Washington State where she squee ...more

Poisoned Houses (4 books)
  • House of Artifice (Poisoned Houses, #2)
  • House of Silence (Poisoned Houses #3)
  • House of Strife (Poisoned Houses #4)

News & Interviews