Start by marking “Fatal Facade (Allison Campbell Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Facade (Allison Campbell Mystery #4)

Fatal Facade (Allison Campbell Mystery #4)

4.3  ·  Rating details ·  43 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Allison Campbell accepted a dream assignment: a visit to the Italian Dolomites to help Hollywood socialite Elle Rose reinvent herself. A guest cottage on the grounds of Elle’s historic castle promises to be a much-needed respite from Allison’s harried life on the Philadelphia Main Line, and the picturesque region, with its sharp peaks, rolling pastures, and medieval church ...more
ebook, First, 264 pages
Published June 13th 2017 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Facade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Facade

LORI CASWELL
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2017
Dollycas’s Thoughts
This story takes us off to Italy when Image Consultant Allison Campbell takes on Elle Rose as a client. Elle lives in a castle near the Italian Dolomites and has offered Allison, Jason and Grace, Allison’s niece, a guest cottage on the property. Since Jason needs to go to Austria for his new job it seems like an ideal assignment. She never imagined the castle would be crowded with so many people all there supposedly to work with Elle’s father. A father who is apparently very i
Celia
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fatal Facade is the first book I've read by Wendy Tyson, and it will definitely not be the last. I loved this book, and although it is the fourth book in the Allison Campbell Mystery series, it can definitely stand alone. The setting is the Dolomites region of Northwestern Italy/Tyrol, and throughout the book, I could just feel the atmosphere, see the mountains and experience the ever-changing weather. If there had not been two suspicious deaths there, along with no shortage of suspects, I would ...more
Kathy
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Some reviewers found this book interesting and almost riveting, but I did not. In fact, I had a great deal of difficulty getting into it, let alone continuing it. Despite Allison’s on-going issues of planning her wedding, marrying her ex-husband in the near future and the caring for her sister’s child, Grace while wanting a child herself, Allison Campbell is at a castle in the Dolomites, in northwestern Italy. The setting is quite suitable to the story--mountainous, dark and foreboding. As someo ...more
Debbie
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another Allison Campbell read wherein she is hired to "reinvent" Elle Rose, the daughter of an aging rock star who loves to really party and whose antics have had her in the limelight more times than she would like.

This one takes place in Italy and right before Allison shows up, Elle's husband is found dead at the bottom of a cliff. The police say it was accidental, but after another death shortly thereafter, was it?

The story is full of quirky characters all staying at Elle and her father's cast
JG
Fatal Facade takes us back to Allison Campbell's world of image rebranding. This time around she's given the task of trying to change the image of a celebrity whose reputation might be too much for her to handle. Set in the beautiful Italian Dolomites, Allison, with her fiance Jason and her niece Grace travel to meet her client and plan her wedding at the same time. What she doesn't expect to encounter is a murder and mystery she seems to get involve in every second she stays.

Wendy Tyson's Allis
Kristi | Hidden Staircase |
Ms. Tyson incorporates two of my favorite classic mystery styles into this cozy. The first is that of the secluded country house, setting Fatal Facade at a large (and isolated) castle in the beautiful Italian countryside. The second is the mystery itself – a “locked room” variety – in other words, the suspects are limited to those who were on the estate when the murder occurred.

While the cast is limited to those staying in the castle, there are more than enough suspects with motives to go around
Barbara Tobey
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing visit to a castle in Italy. No shortage of strange people with secrets. Entertaining, clever, and a page turner. The publisher provided a copy via NetGalley for my voluntary review. I look forward to reading the next one in this series.
Rowena
As a long-time fan of Wendy Tyson and Allison Campbell, I lept at the chance to read the fourth installment of the series before it releases. I was not disappointed in the least. As cliched as it sounds, I absolutely could not put it down. Allison only becomes more complex and therefore more relatable with each book. Because I abhor spoilers, I will only say that Fatal Facade had me cheering for her so thoroughly that I'm a bit sad she isn't real and we can't meet up for a glass of wine. The way ...more
Deana Dick
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I definetly liked the setting right away. Who wouldn't want to go to Italy and stay in a castle. The castle sounded really amazing and the details were so vivid. The story is pretty straightforward and I did like Allison. She seemed to be very smart and excited about her new client. As an image consultant, Allison will have her hands full with Elle. Talk about a flaky person. Ellle is rude at times, out of sorts at times and in another world the rest ofthe time.

I think I really liked all the di
DelAnne Frazee
ISBN: 9781635112238
Reviewed For: NetGalley and Henery Press
Reviewer: DelAnne
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Allison Campbell is off to help Elle Rose. The fact that she has to go to the Italian Dolomites to it is all gravy or so Allison believes when she arrives at the castle. Th
Maryann Forbes
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fatal Facade is the fourth book in the Allison Campbell Mystery Series by Wendy Tyson, and it may just be the best. This is a stand alone book, however I recommend reading the first three as they are excellent reads, and will give greater insights into Allison and the other characters.
Fatal Facade takes place in the beautiful Italian Dolomites. Allison Campbell, an image consultant, has been summoned there to help Elle Rose, daughter of a former rock star, a recent widow, and a former actor and
Lghiggins
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fatal Facade is the fourth book in the Allison Campbell Mystery Series by Wendy Tyson. It is the first book I have read in this series, but I am already a fan of this author’s Greenhouse Mystery Series. Tyson displays her versatility as I found this book to be very different from her Greenhouse Mysteries in characters, setting, and plot development.

Although the solution to the mystery was unexpected for me, I enjoyed the journey to that point. The way the clues were revealed reminded me of actio
Laura Reading
Wendy Tyson is definitely a talented author. She can make you feel you are right in the scene even if you have never experienced anything similar . This castle and mountainous area are both luxurious and dark and foreboding.
Protagonist Allison Campbell is going through major changes in her life. Planning to remarry her ex-husband in only a few weeks, and caring for her sister's child, while wishing for one of her own, would be enough stress for anyone. When her fiance must leave the country for
Italo Italophiles
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is book four in a traditional mystery series featuring Allison Campbell and a cast of recurring characters. Their personal relationships grow with this book, but the focus is on a very classic type of murder mystery set on an isolated estate, this time in Italy's north Dolomite mountains. The author works into the story lots of devious scheming, deception, murder, insanity, fame, charity, extreme wealth and drugs. Allison investigates the group of suspects and uncovers lots of secrets. Qual ...more
Breakaway Reviewers
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Romantic whodunit.

This novel is hard to get into as there is so much going on.

Allison is planning her wedding and caring for her sister’s child, in a castle in the Dolomites, where she is employed to change the image of erratic Elle Rose, an actress.

There are strange goings-on at the castle. Several other guests have accidents and it’s hard to keep track of everyone.

A good book to read on the beach.

Fatima

Breakaway Reviewers received a copy of the book to review
Snorbury
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner by Wendy Tyson! I loved the quirky characters and interesting plot twists. Tyson's descriptions help place you in the Dolomites and left me wanting to plan a trip! This is a true murder mystery with an entertaining cast of characters. You will not be disappointed in this third installment of the Alison Campbell series.
Verity W
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*******Copy from NetGalley in return for an honest review********

This was a quite good fun, if a little complicated mystery story. I haven't read any of the other books in the series, which may explain some of my confusion but the mystery itself is interesting. I would be keen to read some of the earlier books in the series to get a better handle on who is who!
Amber Frechette
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Foreign Affairs

Beautiful Italian countryside, an on call job, and being surrounded by loved ones... What could go wrong? Apparently everything. Once again Allison and her minions are on the case when the drama and crime follows her to an ex-Hollywood "star"'s castle.
Brian
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great summer beach read! Story was good and did a good job of keeping you guessing. Another winner, Wendy!
Brenda
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel could stand alone.

Allison Campbell seems to have her personal life sorted out. As the owner of First Impressions Image Consulting the request to work with Elle Rose in Bidero Italy seems to fit perfectly when Jason has to do his training for his new employer in Innsbruck.

The estate is beautiful, the accommodations are perfect for Allison & Grace but accidental deaths among a group of guests and staff staying with Elle prove to be dangerous.

Allison's need to investigate is fueled
Melora Jones
Aug 17, 2017
Kevin
Mar 21, 2018
Mossie L. Garner
rated it did not like it
Oct 26, 2017
Kye Morrow
Jul 15, 2017
Connie
Jun 15, 2017
Wendy Tyson’s background in law and psychology has provided inspiration for her mysteries and thrillers. Originally from the Philadelphia area, Wendy has returned to her roots and lives there again on a micro-farm with her husband, three sons and three dogs. Wendy’s short fiction has appeared in literary journals, and she’s a contributing editor and columnist for The Big Thrill and The Thrill Begi ...more
More about Wendy Tyson

Allison Campbell Mystery (4 books)
  • Killer Image (Allison Campbell Mystery #1)
  • Deadly Assets (Allison Campbell Mystery #2)
  • Dying Brand (Allison Campbell Mystery, #3)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
  • Anatomy of a Scandal
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Perfect Stranger
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Lying in Wait
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
  • Poppet
  • Mine
  • Ritual: A Novel
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • Birdman
  • Hanging Hill: A Novel
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)