Start by marking “Box of Hearts (Connor Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Box of Hearts (Connor Ranch, #1)

Box of Hearts

(The Connor's #1)

Can two lost souls find love after loss?

Millie is unlucky in love and when her long term relationship ends like a soap opera story line, she takes drastic action. She applies for an overseas job as home school teacher on an American family Ranch and finds herself instantly attracted to single dad, Jesse, her boss. As for Jesse, well he doesn’t need her getting in his busin
ebook, 1, 494 pages
Published April 28th 2017 by Bubble Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Box of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Box of Hearts

Siobhan
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think Nikki Ashton may have broken me this time.

Earlier this year, I read Nikki Ashton’s ‘Roman’s Having Sex Again’. I loved it. In fact, I came to enjoy it so much more than I’d initially anticipated. Thus, I knew I needed to read more of her work. A month later, I picked up ‘I Wanna Get Laid By Kade’, which Nikki Ashton wrote with Victoria Johns. Again, I was in love. In fact, I’ve gone on the recommend it to quite a few people. Fast forward another month and I jumped into yet another brilli
Donna
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is so different from all the other Nikki Ashton books I have read and it sort of worried me a little but have no fear. Nikki pulled this book off with her way with words, her attention to detail and the way she melts your heart every damn time. To say this book ticked all the boxes is a huge understatement. The whole cast of character that built this book into what it is was just amazing.

The story revolves around the Connor family and the nanny they hire to care for the best character
ItaPixie
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, freebie

Box of Hearts was so nice and engaging I've devoured it in one day.I think I was starving for a country kind of story.I want a nice cowboy all for me now!

Addy is a bright,smart and lovely kid and I'm sure you'll love her as soon as you meet her.I loved how a little 4 years old girl becomes the "red string of fate" that helps all the characters to come back together,to find themselves,some peace of mind and love.

Millie and Jesse incredible chemistry is obvious since their first encounter but the

Barbara
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just WOW! Have you ever watched a TV program or movie and come away saying boy that kid sure made that show? Well I must say a spunky little 4-year old girl named Addy sure did make this book! Oh don’t get me wrong there was so much more to this storyline but little Addy sure does steal the show!

I give the highest of kudos to the author for this gripping, touching story that will have your emotions running the gambit. I went from laughing and smiling to crying and hurting right along with the ch
A
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
I got an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review :) this was my second story by this lovely author and I have to say that her writing style is as hilarious as I remembered it from that first book ;) this one was also very entertaining and fast-paced :) was it perfect? not really, but I had sooo much fun reading it anyway :) it's the beginning of a series, but worry not, the whole situation with our main couple is resolved :) so how about I will tell you all about the things I loved abo ...more
Coco.V
Feb 15, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (2/16/2018)! 💝

Blurb:
Can two lost souls find love after loss?

“Nikki Ashton at her absolute best!!”

“This book provoked more tears than I’m used to from Nikki, but there was still the humour…Easily a five star read, I would give more if I could!”

Having been jilted at the alter Millie is devastated. She certainly didn't see it coming-Dean was her best friend. When an opportunity to go to America to use her teaching and childcare skills arises, she applies and gets the job o
Catherine Hayward
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Box of hearts by Nikki Ashton .....

I'm just enthralled with the little girl at the centre of this story. Through the whole story Addy was the one I wanted to get everything she deserved. Her box of hearts was a thing of beauty.

Having been jilted at the alter Armalita or Millie is devastated. She certainly didn't see it coming, Dean was her best friend , so when an opportunity to go to America to use her teaching and childcare skills arises , she applies and gets the job of looking after widower
Samantha Ann
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Box of Hearts is Nikki at her best- she has nothing to be nervous about with this book. It's a rare occasion where you find yourself wanting to slow down because you never want it to end but you can't because your completely engrossed in the story, you can't stop.

Millie thinks she fond the love of her life, in best friend Dean- but when things go sour on what should be the happiest day of her life. She takes drastic action- leaving England to take a nanny position on a ranch in America.

Jesse i
Michelle Pavey
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book definitely deserved all 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟! This book will have you laughing, crying, mad, every emotion possible! I couldn't get my nose out of it!

Millie is a sweet heartbroken women coming to America to get away. Jesse is a heartbroken jerk that doesn't want anyone to get in his self wallowing way. Millie gradually breaks at his walls with so many bumps along the way. Definitely a must read!!
Susanne Scott
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first book by Nikki Ashton and it certainly won’t be the last. This book had everything and I loved it.
I initially read this book in preparation for Books on the Beach Blackpool signing.

From the very start the twists and turns in this plot were giving me whiplash and I loved it. My heart broke for Millie being stood up at the alter and then it broke all over again for Addy and then for Jesse. What a story to unravel! I loved the deep raw emotions in it, and Auntie Ruby was just perf
Books and Spoons
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: earc
Box of Hearts is a roll-a-coaster of emotions created by growing pains, loss, disappointments in life, passion and daring to love again after your heart is shattered in pieces.
It is about family, it is about finding your destiny, finding the place and the people you are supposed to share your life with. It is about betrayal, lies, and deceit. It parallels real life with its rawness and roughness, the deep feelings rolling inside, and the fears of failing and being rejected.
I adored Addy, the li
Lourdes
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
When Millie Braithwaite finds herself dumped at the altar and the talk of her hometown in England, she decides to accept an employment offer in a small town in the USA taking care of a precocious 4 year old.
Jesse Connor lost his wife 2 years ago in an accident and he’s still grieving. He keeps himself numb with long work hours and meaningless sexual encounters, but not even the unconditional love of his precious little girl has been able to bring him back to the man he used to be.
Millie and Jess
Sarah Dale
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my second book I have read by Nikki Ashton and i'm now a big fan. This story is brilliant written and really pulled at my heartstrings. It was filled with betrayal, lies, heartbreak, grief, loss, healing, laughter, family, love and passion. Everything that makes a great book that will keep you engrossed from start to finish and completely invested in the characters.

After being jilted at the altar, Millie is embarrassed and devastated and she applies for a job in the states to help a wido
Karen Wood
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book, it was heartbreaking and heartwarming all in one, it pulled you in from the start and you couldn't wait to see what happened next. It was beautifully written. I can't believe I have had this on my kindle and not read it before!

Millie needed a break from her life in England saw an advertisement for a teacher or a four-year-old girl in the US she went for it and got the job, not expecting the father to be a hot rancher.

Jesse was grieving from the loss of his wife 2
Ann  Goubert (Driven by Books)
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4,5 stars*
Well I finally read my first Nikki Ashton book. Definitely need to thank everyone for recommending this to me as I truly enjoyed reading it! It was a very well written story and a story that was heartwrenching but also healing in the end. Loved the chemistry between Jesse and Millie and who doesn't love a great single dad book :-) The little girl in this story was just adorable and made it even better for me. I can't wait to read more in this series.

Millie was cheated on by her best f
Shelly's Book Corner
First time reading Nikki Ashton and I'm hooked. Two souls and second chances for love, your heart will sore for Millie and Jesse. Beautiful written with a man who was lost emotionally and the woman who helped him in need.

Millie is a strong woman who had a heart of gold but was unlucky with love. With being hired to homeschool Addy, she felt for the child by the emotionally absent father. The Connor family pulled together in a time of need and was always there for the precious Addy. Millie wasn'
Nadine Keedy
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE Nikki Ashton's books and I've got to say Box of Hearts is my favourite. I couldn't put it down, had me sucked in from beginning to end and by god I wasn't ready for this book to finish, I just wanted more and more. The best news is there is more to come from the Connor family, which I can't wait.
I loved the characters in the story and you will too. Millie is unlucky in love goes to start a new life as a nanny at the Connor Ranch. Jesse Connor is the HOT ranch owner widowed father to Addy
Reckless Readers
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is such a heart touching novel that it's easy to see how a child can bring someone together. Millie takes a job on a farm taking care of Addy, Jesse's daughter. He's lost after losing his wife and Millie is no better, having just been left at the alter. Addy is what makes this book so good. She wants everyone to find love. She's such a precious child. However I didn't swoon over Jesse. Normally I'm crazy about still dad romances but this dad needed a good kick in the junk. He's not a very g ...more
Stephanie  Mae
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jesse was a single dad who worked on his family ranch pretty much ignoring his daughter and leaving his parents to raise her. Millie needed a fresh start after being bailed on at the alter, took a job in the U.S. babysitting Jesse's daughter. She ended up helping the family so much more than helping teach a toddler. This book kind of dragged in some places for me. I felt like there was a lot of filler that didn't progress the story much. The push-and-pull that Jesse was doing on Millie got old r ...more
Anja ~ Once Upon a Page ⚜️ Books and Tequila
***4.5 Stars***

I love discovering new authors, it's one of the most amazing aspects of being a blogger--be it through a recommendation, someone reaching out to us, the cover, or the blurb. Giving unknown, or new to me, authors a chance it something fundamentally important when doing this. And while you sometimes might end up disappointed, sometimes you discover a book and author you love! This is what I love about being a blogger.
And Nikki Ashton is such an author to me. I've never read her befo
Amy Davies
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

This book is filled with so much emotion. Jesse and Millie seem perfect but memories get in the way. Through the up and downs, they work things out...... A few times!! Bloody men. Great sweet read
julie muir
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant book that held my interest from start to finish. I kept me wanting more all the way through.
Romi || Romi Reads
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copies
Let’s just say it straight away, Box of Hearts was not like the other romances I’ve read, and I absolutely loved it! When Millie is still in England, there is a small reference to one of Nikki Ashton’s other books, Roman is Having Sex Again (you can find my review over here) I really like it when books by the same author contain references to each other!

Because you read the book from Millie’s point of view, it starts off with Jesse being a super mysterious man, and most times I can’t handle that
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
Omg, this gorgeously written story of love has left such a big hole in my heart & massive footprint on my soul. I wasn't expecting to feel so much for these beautiful characters, but Ashton with her stunning prose & amazingly powerful plot, filled with such deep heartache & heartbreak, consumed me from start to finish.

Truthfully I don’t usually do cowboys, but I’m so so glad I took a chance on Jesse, because I’ve not only fallen in love with the most gorgeous, brooding, single daddy
Wendy Livingstone
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I have been blown away by this story! When Millie is jilted at the altar, she is left devastated, and applies for a job in America. Widower Jesse hires her for his 4 year old daughter Addy. No spoilers from me, you absolutely have to read this one for yourself!!
This story is filled with betrayal, lies, deceit, heartbreak, emotion, and love. Nikki has certainly outdone herself with this story, and I was hooked and intrigued throughout. Awesome job Nikki!!
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this
Karen Frances
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

I've read a few books from Nikki Ashton and this book surpasses all those. It's a believable storyline that touches your heart. This book ticked all the boxes for me, well developed characters, honour, and then the serious issue that the author dealt so well with. Love Jesse and Millie but for me little Addy stole the show
Yvonne Eason
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC received for an honest review.

I loved this book and not for the reasons some people might. I need an aunt Ruby in my life!! Ruby made me laugh out loud on a nu.ber of occasions.

This book is one of broken souls and keeps you wondering if grief will ever give way to love.

Jesse has pushed everyone away. Including the one precious thing in the world. Millie has been humiliated on one of the worst ways possible.

Will a new start for her be the new beginning Jesse needs to carry on and live for n
Taylor Freeman
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Angelina
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recently came across Nikki Ashton at an author event and was instantly drawn to her books because of their beautiful covers. I didn't realise until yesterday when looking to see what books I hadn't read on my Kindle that I'd downloaded Box of Hearts last year. I was so excited and jumped straight into the story of Millie and Jesse. I'm so glad that I did because this story was amazing and I couldn't put it down. This 5 star read keeps you captivated throughout and things become funny once Grea ...more
Nikki
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well what can i say apart from what a book!!! This was my 2nd book ive read by this author and damn i want to read more asap!
I wasnt sure what to expect from Box Of Hearts but as id been recommended it by a friend i thought id try it and im so glad i did.. cant believe ive had this on my kindle for so long before getting a chance to read it!
This book tells us the story of little Addy who is proving to be a bit if a handful for her granma to look after so she starts to look for a nanny to help
« previous 1 3 next »

• Without Consequence (Babylon MC, #1)
  • The Worst of Me
  • A Date with the Devil
  • Compass
  • The Pebble Jar (The Young Hearts Duet #1)
  • Playing the Game (A Beautiful Game #1)
  • Whispered Prayers of a Girl
  • Heinous
  • Taking A Risk (Risk Series, #1)
  • #MomFail: 24 Authors & 24 Mom-Coms
  • Filthy Desire (The Onyx Club, #1)
  • Still Life (Forever Still #1)
  • Submerged (Bound Together #1)
  • Modern Girl's Guide to Office Romance (Modern Girl's Guide #5)
  • The Donovan Family Bundle (Love Me, Watch Me, Find Me)
  • The Perfect Life
  • Escapades (Trident Ink #1)
  • Looking Glass Friends
I live in Cheshire with my husband, two dogs and mum in law and write romantic humour and contemporary romance. My first two books, Guess Who I Pulled Last Night? and No Bra Required both stayed at number 1 on the Amazon Humour list for 3 & 4 weeks respectively. My ambitions of becoming a writer started at the age of 10 when I started writing poetry at school, and was given the honour of readi ...more

The Connor's (3 books)