Start by marking “Redemptor (Valducan, #4)” as Want to Read:
Redemptor (Valducan, #4)

Redemptor

(Valducan #4)

In the fourth installment of the Valducan series, three years have passed since Valducan knight Matt Hollis defeated Tiamat’s cult, but her demonic children are still on the loose.

Now, a mysterious enemy is stealing holy weapons across South America, leaving a trail of bodies in their wake. The Valducans fear that her followers have returned. Not all is as it seems, and a
Published November 1st 2017 by Ragnarok Publications

To ask other readers questions about Redemptor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemptor

Start your review of Redemptor (Valducan, #4)
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2018/02/17/...

Redemptor is another fantastic addition to the Valducan series, becoming the fourth book to be published in the sequence, though I think any of the novels can be enjoyed as a standalone. That said, while each of the first three books have featured a different protagonist, this one breaks the pattern by swinging the focus back to Matt Hollis, the demon hunter whom we first met in Dämoren. Prospective readers who wish to get
Lukasz
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 4.5/5

Seth Skorkowsky brings goods to the table. I'm addicted to his Valducan series, and my secret wish is for it to continue for years to come. It's this good, guys. Also, I simply need more stories in this world, the one focusing on Luc in the first place.

Redemptor is the fourth instalment of the series. While it can be read as a standalone, I don't recommend approaching it as one - you'll lose way too many nuances that make it an excellent read for those who already know the my
Eric
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Just like the first 3 books in the series, Redemptor was fast paced urban fantasy fun that entertained from start to finish.

As has become the pattern, the focus shifts again from the previous book. Instead of Europe, this time we’re in South America. Holy weapons are going missing again, sparking fears of another nightmare scenario where the Valducans themselves are targeted as they were 3 years ago by the followers of the demon goddess Tiamat. This is something different though, a new
C.T. Phipps
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
REDEMPTOR by Seth Skorkowsky is the latest of the Valducan series. I'm very fond of this urban fantasy series and its premise: that there is an organization of monster hunters armed with magical weapons that allow them to kill the hundreds of demons afflicting the Earth. Each book has a different protagonist but often has guest stars of the original cast. This book, Redemptor, is unique in that it is named after a villain's weapon rather than one of the heroes' weapons.

The premise of this book i
Steve
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Excellent book, probably the best thus far in the series. The story was paced nicely with plenty of action and character building for the future. I am looking forward to more books in the series.
Keri
Oct 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: skorkowsky
Another home run by Skorkowsky! I can't wait to see where Tiamat's remaining eels will show up next and which weapon's history will be front and center in the story. The anticipation is killing me!
Julia DeBarrioz
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I love these books and every time a new one comes out it inevitably becomes my new favorite. They're smart, funny, fun, well-written. Somehow Skorkowsky takes this fantasy word and weaves it with ours in a way that makes it seem incredibly feasible that there are demons lurking around every corner. While I'm reading I always catch myself looking over my shoulder!

But seriously, this series has everything that I love. Exotic locales, obscure antique weapons, an excellent grasp of history, a villa
Clay Sanger
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you get when Seth Skorkowsky's demon-slaying Valducan Order collides with the secretive holy Paladins of the Catholic Church and the Devil's own hell spawned black knight? The best entry yet into the Valducan mythos, that's what.

Skorkowsky's REDEMPTOR is a magnificent tale of monster-hunting and international adventure.

For centuries the Valducan Order and their bitter rivals at the Vatican have protected holy weapons forged in union with the spirits of angelic avengers. Bonded to these
Jorge Soto
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As with previous books in the series, we learn about new weapons, knights, and now paladins. A new evil is introduced and the heroes have to find new ways to fight while at a huge disadvantage. The locations and battles are so descriptive, in keeping with Skorkowsky's style.

I loved getting to see old heroes again, but even better was new knights coming into their own and using their weapons powers in new ways. Battles with them are so unique.

I would have finished this in a single day if work had
Nathaniel Hanley
Another great adventure

We have learned about the holy weapons, but what will the Knights do when they find themselves against an unholy weapon?

Oh my gosh, this was so great. Glad to be back in this world. Skorkowsky has created a world that we get to learn more about, just a little every book. It leaves you wanting more.

This book is much more tense than the previous ones. It's a race against time to save the sacred weapons and this time, the Church is involved. As with this series, expect some g
Kevin Brown
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
In a book series about angels being kept inside weapons to fight demons you have to wonder if the demons can't do the same. Well wonder no more as we explore what happens when a demon tricks a wielder of one of the angel powered weapons that had been broken to repair it incorrectly. The result is an action packed tense running battle. My only gripe (and it is a minor one) is that the schism between our group of heroes and the Vatican lead group isn't brought up sooner in the book. Not being a ma ...more
N.E.C.C.
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This series man, so cool!!

I've benn a fan of the Valducan series since book one and this one didn't diminish my love for them, not a bit.

The story was great, you learn a lot more about the holy weapons and the Valducan knights, and also the church. I liked Redemptor a lot, her powers were nothing "new" but still, interesting. I was realy surprise by the new characters, especially Felicia. She is strong and determine, sweet and caring. The rest of the Valducans are back and to be honest it took m
EM3
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong finish to the series. I wish there were more!
Kevin
Mar 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Book was very entertaining. It held my interest a lot better than some of the other books I read this year.

3.5/5 Stars
Jamie Leonard
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this whole series.
D
Good one....but book #2 was the best! Might, mayyybe I'll listen to book #3-It's just not calling to me.
Morgan
May 19, 2019
Lance
Nov 28, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Monster Hunter Guardian (Monster Hunter International, #7)
  • Never Die
  • Critical Mass (Expeditionary Force, #10)
  • Age of Empyre (The Legends of the First Empire, #6)
  • Raze (The Completionist Chronicles, #3)
  • Cursed (Alex Verus, #2)
  • Ghosts of Gotham (The Ghosts of Gotham Saga, #1)
  • Hell on Mars (Reality Bleed, #1)
  • Fatemarked (The Fatemarked Epic, #1)
  • Glass World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 13)
  • Valkyrie (Expeditionary Force Book 9)
  • The Last Colony (Old Man's War, #3)
  • God of War: The Official Novelization
  • Reborn: Apocalypse Volume 1 (Reborn: Apocalypse, #1)
  • MirrorWorld
  • I’m Glad You’re Dead (The Preternatural Chronicles, #1)
  • The Wolf's Call (Raven's Blade #1)
  • Clone World (Undying Mercenaries Series Book 12)
Raised in the swamps and pine forests of East Texas, Seth Skorkowsky always gravitated to the darker sides of fantasy, preferring horror and pulp heroes over knights in shining armor.

His debut novel, Dämoren, was published in 2014. He has now released four urban fantasy novels and two sword-and-sorcery short story collections. Seth's latest novel, Ashes of Onyx, released in 2020.

When not writing,

Valducan (4 books)
  • Dämoren (Valducan, #1)
  • Hounacier (Valducan, #2)
  • Ibenus (Valducan, #3)