Start by marking “Holy Herbs : Modern Connections to Ancient Plants” as Want to Read:
Holy Herbs : Modern Connections to Ancient Plants

Holy Herbs : Modern Connections to Ancient Plants

With the growing trend towards ‘organic’ products and ‘coming back to nature’ worldwide, the rising interest in herbs and herbal remedies, in culinary use, health products, medicine, cosmetics and religious rituals is not surprising. A wide audience shares the fascination for Mother Earth’s generous bounty.
Herbs have a long history and find a mention in ancient texts. Do h
Paperback, 01, 304 pages
Published April 16th 2017 by Fingerprint! Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Holy Herbs , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holy Herbs

Vishnu Chevli
My mom preferred herbs over medicines. Her herb-cyclopedia is vast enough to cover 90% of our health issues with herbs. When I saw this book on Goodreads giveaway, it created enthusiasm for me to get some knowledge myself as well. After all, I am also a mother now and I should know some basics of herbs as well.

The book started with historical notes how people in ancient time used herbs, how just for getting some important spices & herbs people started faraway trades. It also covers how ancie
Janine Brouillette
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Very Good!

He provides a good knowledge of ancient herbs found in biblical writings. Very good pictures, history, and usage. Good book to have for backyard gardeners.
Sheetal Maurya - Godse (Halo of Books)
The book starts with the historical overview of herbs from different places and how these herbs started to get transported from one place to another. The author has talked about, the Indus valley, Egypt, Greece, Rome, China, and America. There were many routes which help herbs to reach from one place to another.

Read more such reviews on https://www.haloofbooks.com/

In the next section, the author has extensively talked about anointing oil and its connection with the Holy Bible. There are many her
Angelia
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
A historical guide to biblical herbs and plants.
Aryan Sarath
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gone are the days where we use to get the treatment for our ailments at home from our grandmother or great grandmother. These days, the families have become nuclear(mostly) and joint families have become a rarity. We have also started neglecting the natural products which would do no harm but bring home only the goodness and started running behind packed food items which are nothing but processed and preserved.

Though we are now going back to the (g)olden days to bring back the organic food, we l
Alexander Pyles
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy Herbs: Modern Connections To Ancient Plants is a great resource for those looking into cultivating an increased knowledge of plants and herbs. Written by Sudhir Ahluwalia, the book is both parts history book, encyclopedia and broad overview of various plants and herbs from across the globe. The real treasure of this book is how it can appeal to many people and their various topics.

Personally, I enjoyed the chapter on “Sacred Trees” and loved the historical and cultural background of their
Heatherton
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm always up for reading about herbs and plants. This book took a completely different route than most herb encyclopedia type books. The author was clear and concise with his knowledge. I enjoyed this book.
Beth Martinez
Interesting

This was interesting because i love herbs and essential oils. I get more and more fascinated by their uses the more educated I get. I guess I just expected to learn something more from this.
Amber Griffith
Christian Readers: Studying Bible 2 26 Nov 17, 2015 02:01PM
Mustard Benefits 1 1 Nov 05, 2015 06:15AM
Home Remedies 1 2 Oct 28, 2015 10:24PM
White Mustard 1 1 Oct 27, 2015 06:52AM
Sudhir Ahluwalia is an author of a series of books on herbs. Two titles are available on Amazon.

The first book “Holy Herbs: Modern Connections to Ancient Plants is on herbs and trees mentioned in the Bible.

A new title and the second in the series - Asian Herbs does a scientific review of select Indian and Chinese herbs.

Sudhir was a member of the Indian Forest Service for 23 years. He moved into
“The original text of the Bible was perhaps written in Hebrew and Aramaic and later translated into Greek.” 0 likes
“During the course of my research on #herbs mentioned in the #Bible , I found that #pomegranate is regarded as a wonder #fruit in many other.” 0 likes