Start by marking “Knit One, Girl Two” as Want to Read:
Knit One, Girl Two

Knit One, Girl Two

Small-batch independent yarn dyer Clara Ziegler is eager to brainstorm new color combinations--if only she could come up with ideas she likes as much as last time! When she sees Danielle Solomon's paintings of Florida wildlife by chance at a neighborhood gallery, she finds her source of inspiration. Outspoken, passionate, and complicated, Danielle herself soon proves even ...more
Published May 2017

To ask other readers questions about Knit One, Girl Two, please sign up.
Rachel Yeah, it's a super lighthearted and cute story.

Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
This was so cute and sweet and nice I can't take it.
Romie
This book was so sweet.

FINALLY GUYS. I FINALLY FOUND A BOOK WITH A CHARACTER I CAN IDENTIFY WITH.
This book is about two Jewish girls falling for each other, one of them identifies as a lesbian, and the other as bisexual and .... You have no idea how hard it is to find a bi Jewish girl in a book .... It's the first time for me, and it makes my bi Jewish heart so damn happy.

It's so satisfying to read a book about Jewish people, so so so satisfying. Like at some point
Xan West
I heart this adorable f/f romance so much. It's sweet like my favorite rugelach, and the pace felt exactly right to me. I love how deeply Jewish it is, and all the details about art and yarn, and the kitty. The zaftig MC Danielle is exactly who I would fall for, too. And I really liked the way the characters are connected to community, liked the way they joke with each other, share a fandom. it just feels so...cozy. Exactly the comfort read I needed today. The first kiss moment was super swoony ...more
lov2laf
This novella is not a sparks fly romance and I would say falls into the cute category.

In general, I felt some distance from the story and it ended up being an okay read for me.

The characters are likable enough but the plot meanders some, drawing our attention to things that probably aren't necessary (along the lines of yarn dying, clean up, and meeting with some friends). I was left waiting for the meat of the story to kick in (i.e. more interactions between Danielle and
Skye Kilaen
Super cute, warm novella about two Jewish women, Clara Ziegler and Danielle Solomon, that begins when Clara is inspired to small-batch dye yarn for a knitting club based on Danielle's paintings. It turns out that both are fans of a show called Captain Werewolf, so a large part of their initial flirting is exchanging links to good fanfic and Danielle creating fan art for Clara.

It's nerdy and totally sweet. There isn't a lot of angst here, just two gals with similar passions getting to know each
Dahlia
This was so freaking cute. Would've happily spent lots more time with Clara and Danielle! Fun to read different kinds of Jewish rep in one book, too.
Chasia Lloyd
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***e-ARC provided by the author***

This was such an adorable novella! A perfectly safe, comforting feel-good f/f piece featuring two Jewish women. There is so much love for knitting, fandom, colors, cats with attitudes, and the occasional pun. It's nerdy, it's sweet, it's funny. I think I grinned almost the whole time watching Clara and Danielle bond with each other.

Plus - have you seen the title? Have you seen the cover? Perfect!
Luce
A nice, sweet romance. No angst, no conflicts - just strangers, to friends bonding over a favorite TV show and fanfic and their shared ethnicity (Jewish) and eventually more than just friends.

I really enjoyed imagining the colors of the paintings and the yarn created by the two protagonists. Clara hand dyes yarn in unique color combinations as a side business. She is inspired by paintings by Danielle and contacts her for permission to use her color combinations and reference her art.
Laura (bbliophile)
This was the cutest thing!!!
RoAnna Sylver
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
"If I'm stuck on my planet," Danielle pointed out, "I'm gonna plant flowers there."

* * *

So good.

So adorable. So honest and at times raw. So healing.

This is a short-but-Very-sweet novelette about precious, creative, clever girls growing closer and bonding over art, yarn nerdery, and healing past traumas. So, like, everything I love in a book, even if I don't know the first thing about yarn or yarn accessories - but the writer clearly does/has done t
Rachel
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
With heart, sweetness, charm, and lovability, "Knit One, Girl Two" is a delightful comfort read featuring two captivating creatives.

Small-batch independent yarn dyer Clara Ziegler is on the hunt for a new muse. Running an annual sock club, where knitters subscribe to her club and get a surprise yarn color each month, Clara needs new inspiration for this year’s dye color combinations. When Clara sees Danielle Solomon’s colorful paintings of Florida wildlife at a local art gallery, she is enchant
Sabrina Grafenberger
A super cute and fun novella with very likeable main characters.

I love how the girls are obsessing over their favorite tv show, reading fanfictions and talking about their favorite ship. The author also brings up musicals a lot, mentions etsy at some point and even lets the characters talk about the Bury Your Gays trope. Nerd heaven!

The only reason I'm not giving it more stars is that it was extremely short and the ending came too abruptly. Therefore everything feels a little unresolve
Claudie Arseneault
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
KNIT ONE GIRL TWO is an absolutely adorable story -- sweet, witty, real, and dorky all at once. I love the way it weaves in craft and fandom and art and life's harder turns into a beautiful and supportive relationship. There’s something about how these characters are allowed to just BE--be queer, be jewish, be sad or excited or smitten, be nerds who make puns--and all of it is totally integral to their lives and story.

also reaally loved Clara's relationship with her sister. always he
Estance Moriarty
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k-delightful
Adorable. I couldn't help myself, I started reading & knitting about half-way through.
Natasha
SapphicAThon: Jewish mc

This was such a cute and quick read. It was so sweet.
Tara
Knit One, Girl Two is such a sweet novella and it comes at a fantastic price. It’s well worth picking up, especially at the end of a bad day or week, because I guarantee you can’t read it without smiling.

full review: http://www.thelesbianreview.com/knit-...
Kate ☀️ Olson
Adorable f/f romance novella featuring two Jewish artists in south Florida. I wish this were a full length novel because I didn’t want to stop reading!
Abi (The Knights Who Say Book)
Reread review (4 stars): I decided to reread this because I was too anxious for any of my current reads and this was the fluffiest thing on my kindle app, and it was the perfect escape. I got to relive all the funny quips and bits of fandom culture I'd forgotten about! I'm rating it higher this time around just for being exactly what I needed.

Original review (3.5 stars): This is a very cute book! I especially loved Clara's community at her lgbt+ center, and I wish we got to see more of her friends and their/>Original
Wendi Lee
I knit, and I am a sock yarn club addict. At least, I used to be until I counted the skeins of sock yarn I owned and calculated how long it would take me to knit them all into socks. Yikes!

So of course I loved this lbgtqia novella, about an indie yarn dyer who starts a sock yarn club and falls for the artist who inspired her colorways. There are wonderful yarn details and geeky details, and the whole story was cozy and lots of fun.
m. rosa
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
ops, forgot to update! this was so sweet and gay and fluffy, just what i needed during a horrible week.
Maf (Bookworm Wanders)
*sobs* WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS OVER?! THIS WAS SO CUTE!!!!!!! I need so much more!!! It was adorable and like THEY FLIRT SENDING EACH OTHER FANFICTION LINKS IM SO DEAD I LURVES IT SO SO MUCH
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
Short and sweet. A lot of the yarn talk went over my head and yet I enjoyed this a lot. Left me with a smile afterwards. So cute!!
Shelby Eileen
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stories with loving Jewish grandparents turn me into an emotional mess. This had that plus knitting plus queer girls plus cute cat???? Perfect. Just too damn short 😩
Elske
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this book too boring, tried skipping parts, that didn’t help. In the end I skipped to nearly the end, that sometimes helps me to get interested again. Not in this case, so I quit%
Lauren James
Jul 14, 2019 added it
Shelves: lgbtqia
Very sweet, and I loved learning more about knitting subscription boxes and Jewish traditions, alongside a very sweet body positive romance! Really short but very well written.
M. Hollis
I'm so grateful that I got the chance to read an early copy!!

This is an adorable novelette about two Jewish girls bonding over fanfiction and fanart *swoons*. It's full of everything I love to read in F/F stories. I'm sure people are going to adore this one. Shira is a wonderful and clever writer and everything she writes includes female characters that are so relatable and funny. I could read about Clara and Danielle for a long time and I miss them already.
namericanwordcat
3.5 Stars!

Oh, this is an adorable romance! It is as cute as its cover.

The yarn dying parts are super intersting and both heroines are witty and fun.

The heat level is kisses. I do wish the romance went on into a relationship in all its glory (not just the sexy stuff) and I hope that others of the knitting circle might get a story.
Bec
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
If you need a genuine, fluffy, cozy, short story go get this one straight away. It turned my heart into a content ball of mush.

“'A lot of people haven't realized how big knitting is. They still associate it with grandmothers and pregnancy.''In other words, with desexualized women,' Danielle pointed out. 'And therefore, it becomes devalued.'”

This story is rich in diversity in just a few pages. A bisexual indie yarn dyer meets with a lesbian painter. Both are Jewish, and they fall into a/>
Elke
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is so cute. It's a short story about two Jewish girls falling in love, one who identifies as bi, the other as a lesbian. Danielle is also described as chubby but is not defined by it. Every character was diverse and real and I loved it.
The author is also Jewish and bisexual, so the rep there is ownvoices. I absolutely loved the bi rep, and if you're curious about the Jewish rep, definitely read this (ownvoices) review by Romie.

Honestly, so many things made me smile! One girl is an ar
Lily
What a beautifully sweet little novella.

‘Knit One, Girl Two’ is a delightfully quirky and nerdy little story featuring an adorable F/F romance between an artist and a knitter that is filled with plenty of cute banter and fandom references as well as Jewish, bisexual and lesbian representation. If you like genuine, supportive characters, queer solidarity, touching relationship development as well as light and fluffy romances then you’ve definitely come to the right place.

This really is a perfec
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• She Whom I Love (Treading the Boards, #2)
  • The Love Song of Sawyer Bell (Tour Dates, #1)
  • Catalysts: The Scientific Method
  • Treasure
  • Roller Girl (Lake Lovelace, #3)
  • Tikka Chance on Me
  • Lighting the Flames
  • Wrapped Together (Portland Heat, #5)
  • Take Me Home (Belladonna Ink, #2)
  • A&B (Mechanical Hearts, #2)
  • A Midnight Clear (Fly Me to the Moon, #3.1)
  • Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (Reluctant Royals, #2.5)
  • The Pursuit Of... (The Worth Saga #2.5)
  • Again (Hometown Memories #4)
  • Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • The Covert Captain: Or, A Marriage of Equals
  • The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1)
  • Unmasked by the Marquess (Regency Imposters, #1)
Shira Glassman is a bisexual Jewish violinist passionately inspired by German and French opera and Agatha Christie novels.

She lives in north central Florida, where the alligators are mostly harmless because they're too lazy to be bothered.

A note on my reviewing style: I read lots of books, but writing reviews is work and I only really do them to endorse books that I enjoyed
“A lot of people haven't realized how big knitting is. They still associate it with grandmothers and pregnancy."   "In other words, with desexualized women," Danielle pointed out. "And therefore, it becomes devalued.” 2 likes
“She had bad luck with the fanfic browsing that night. One ran that risk when it was all free — not that published fiction wasn't its own kind of crapshoot — but she must have been clicking under a bad star. First” 1 likes