Start by marking “Damned Either Way (The Harker Trilogy #3)” as Want to Read:
Damned Either Way (The Harker Trilogy #3)

Damned Either Way

(The Harker Trilogy #3)

The thrilling conclusion to The Harker Trilogy

I'm finally free of my family's curse.
Except now, the world is ending. FML.

Anthony, the vampire that killed my sister and my brother-in-law, has won. I've lost everything. I no longer have my powers. I have no idea where Amelia is. And the vampire I love has surrendered to the hunger that is throwing the world into chaos.

The wo
Published May 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Damned Either Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damned Either Way

Kristen Burns
3.5 Stars

Review:
This was the third and final book in the trilogy, so even though I wasn’t blown away by the first two, I wanted to read this one because I wanted to know how everything would end, especially after the way the second book ended.

It was interesting seeing the fallout from the things that happened in Book 2, and I thought the plot was once again solid and unpredictable at times, albeit pretty slow-paced.

As for the characters, their voices sounded a little stronger this time, so that
Vicki Kline-saunier
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God!! I don't want it to be over!! I just loved this series. The family unit, the love they had for each other! Just about broke me when I thought Edie and Jude weren't going to have a life together but then they did!! She had to die, but, eh, a small sacrifice, lol. Just the best!! Way to go Erin!! I couldn't put it down. Just devoured it!!
Lindsay
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edit
*sods* I can't believe it's over. Can we have a spin-off series, please? I'm not ready to say goodbye to these characters.
Nisareen
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the devastating finale of Damned if I Don’t, Anthony murdered The Progenitor and rejected the Void which resulted in chaos and destruction. With the evil of the Void let loose, vampires who had once lived peacefully with humans have submitted to their feral nature and uncontrollable thirst. Jude also falls victim to the effects and is forced to go on the run rather than hurt those he loves. Despite being cured of the virus that was killing her, Edie has lost her powers and is no longer The Ha ...more
Claire
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An ending that seriously genuinely had you wondering how it would be played out. How it would be ...ok again?

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟SLOILER ALERT!!!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

The world was, frankly a mess. A disaster zone and dangerous to just live all thanks to Anthony.

Yes Edie and co are en route to try to stop him but we know it's going to be hard. And with the way the last book was the thoughts going thru your head are things like "can she actually stop him? Who else will be lost? " ...and the main thoughts of Amelia? And Jude?

T
Beverly Laude
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great ending to a wonderful trilogy. Ms. Hayes has built a believable cast of characters that the reader comes to care about. And, she has wrapped up the story in a manner that leaves the reader satisfied. Too many times, it seems like an author gets to the end of a series and then just throws something out there to bring it to an end. Not in this case!

Anthony has killed the Progenitor and taken his place, turning the world into a horrible apocalyptic mess. Vampires are running rampant with a
Mandy Parmenter
Shelves: favorites
The vampire Antony who killed my sister and her husband is currently in control of everything and I have nothing in comparison. I can't find my niece Amelia, Jude has run away to surrender the the hunger that is taking control of all the vampires across the world, and I'm no longer the Harker so can't fix any of it. Can I find the courage to take the one last chance I have left to save us all?

Oh WOW. This is the last book in the Harker Trilogy and has everything looking hopeless before building
Teri
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OK I stumbled upon this series from an author I adore for her ability to do things out of nothing. This has been a great trip even though I was a little worried about how she would bring the Harker back from the destruction of the world. Well she does it and we have a decent time making it there. While the lost are found and remedies found, answers are given and options are taken with a few drastic measures in between. Loads is sacrificed only to be received and things for the Harker are as they ...more
Brittany
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This has been one hell of a ride. From a shopping trip with her sister to the Apocalypse. I don't want to spoil the ending or give too much away, but all things considered I think this was the perfect ending to the series. bon voyage my fictional character friends you gave me several hours of entertainment.

BTW the narrator Kristin James really brought her A game to this book. I thought she sounded great on the first book (the 2nd book I read,so I don't know) but this final book was just wonderfu
Skye Hegyes
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
I think the main thing I love about these books is the ties to family. A lot of times, there's a "chosen one" and while their friends may help them accomplish their goals, there's no family to do so. Not the case here. In all three books, there was a major emphasis on family and keeping everyone safe (sometimes failing) and how they impact one another with their decisions. The world has fallen into chaos and provided both an apocolypse and a war, and Jude is lost in his blood-lust, but there is ...more
Felicia Semmler
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I kept this one on my TBR for far too long, I selfishly didn’t want this trilogy to be over! This series is amazing and Erin wrote the perfect ending. I had such high expectations for this one as 1&2 were phenomenal so there was a lot of pressure to make this one live up to those and it didn’t disappoint. There’s action, explosions, adventure, love, loss and a perfect ending that I didn’t even imagine. So well written and a great finish to an enthralling series.
Michael
Sep 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad -

This series was charming - interesting concept, story line, characters, etc. Cute. Could have been better, could have been worse. A fast read for vampire fans.

Here's the thing: this series needs some serious proofreading. The amount of missed words, double words, punctuation errors, etc. are extremely distracting. I don't think there was a single page without errors. Amazon really needs to focus on proofing as this is just too frequent a problem.
Sophie Koufes
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd & final book in thrilling series The Harker Trilogy. I'm sad to see it end as I love this series. Edie & Jude''s character's are hard to say goodbye to & I'm not ready too so I would love a spin-off series.
Wow! A gripping finale that in the beginning seems hopeless & slowly burns through to create a spectacular conclusion. Epilogue is well crafted & releases a little of your broken heart. A decadently delicious read that I devoured.
Julie Carroll
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best of the three

The series was pretty good but did improve throughout. I think you could see the high school beginnings in the relationship between the two central characters but I think you can see the adult writer in this last book. The choices were harder, as was the action. I would recommend the series but think the main readers are likely to be teens and young adults (even though I'm neither!) Good reading!
Ola Adamska
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-2017
This book starts with Apocalypse. People are dying, vampires are killing due to Hunger. Add to it Harker with no power, psycho new Progenitor, lover with Hunger problem, kidnapped nice and you will get Edie's new world.
Will she manage to defeat Anthony? What will happen to Amelia? Join Edie and Jude in the last installment of Harker trilogy, that reveals every puzzle really slowly to a reader!
Julie Steib
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic conclusion

I loved this story from book one until the great conclusion. I just wished I didn't have to wait for book 3. The characters are fantastic, the writing is smooth, transitions seemless. I enjoyed the ending and loved watching Edie and Jude grow. This series had everything I look for in a book. Worth reading!
Michele Evans
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect ending to an awesome series!!!

This series had me on the edge of my seat from book one!! I love Edie and Jude’s story, and all of the supporting characters. This was an expertly written paranormal romance with loads of action, heartache, loss, and triumph. Throw in an unusual happily ever after and it’s ten stars out of five!!
Patricia Baxes
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It can't be over...it just can't! My heart hurts to think that "The End" really means the end. What an amazing trilogy this has been. Erin Hayes--thank you for an amazing ride. Edie ❤Jude 4 Ever!
(I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book and loved it!)
Miranda
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mobi-files
What a wonderful ending!! In some senses I knew what would happen and in others I was completely caught off guard! I'm so glad it ended on one hand but on the other totally bummed its over! Great trilogy and a great read!
Amanda Lee
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The final book in the trilogy has you completely sucked it and doesn't let up. Erin Hayes literally destroyed the world and you just can't see how it'll end well for anyone. There was so much action and the characters are great, i'm sad to say goodbye to Edie and Jude
Denise Woodruff
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wish this wouldn't end I love it.. You should check it out.. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting more....
Danan Kay Lievens
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

One of the best books I have read in awhile. Will be looking for more from this author. Read all 3, you'll be glad you did
Amanda
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet

The final book in this trilogy was the best. She really did an awesome job tying it all up. Lots of action, some magic, a taste of romance, and a great ending.
Jaimie O'Dell
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was slow to start and the middle just wasn't taking off, but the ending was great and the ending satisfying. I enjoyed the series!
Martha
Jul 19, 2017
Andrea Wheeler
Jul 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Witches in Wonderland (Wicked in Moonhaven #3)
  • Cookies, Curses, and Kisses (Blue Moon Bay, #1)
  • Of Blood and Magic
  • Buffy: The High School Years - Parental Parasite (Buffy: The High School Years, #3)
  • Druid Blood: A Junkyard Druid Novella (Colin McCool, #0)
  • Booke of the Hidden (Booke of the Hidden #1)
  • The Lady Rogue
  • White Heart (Merrydian's Gate, #1)
  • The Light Who Binds (Bluebell Kildare, #2)
  • A Fistful of Fire (A Madison Fox, #2)
  • Jade (Three J'Amigos, #1)
  • The Tower's Alchemist (The Gray Tower Trilogy, #1)
  • Driven (The Warrior, #2)
  • Vampyrrhic Rites
  • A Curse Unbroken (Weird Girls, #5)
  • PERfunctory AfFECTION
  • Per-Bast: A Tale of Cats in Ancient Egypt
  • Wishbone
Sci-fi junkie, video game nerd, and wannabe manga artist Erin Hayes writes a lot of things. Sometimes she writes books.

She works as an advertising copywriter by day, and she's a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author by night. She has lived in New Zealand, Hawaii, Texas, Alabama, and now San Francisco with her husband, cat, and a growing collection of geek paraphernalia.

You can reach her

The Harker Trilogy (3 books)
  • Damned if I Do (The Harker Trilogy #1)
  • Damned if I Don't