Start by marking “Asper” as Want to Read:
Asper

Asper

16-year-old Milla loses everything in an instant—her family, her home, her life as she knows it—over a sacred scroll that can merge her realm of Asper with Earth.

Ignited by grief, she sets out for vengeance but quickly discovers she’s no match for the murderous queen who has usurped the power of sorcerers before her. A queen who will stop at nothing to rule both worlds. ...more
Published May 4th 2017 by Rhonda Smiley

To ask other readers questions about Asper, please sign up.
Rhonda Yes, it is. Even though I have a sequel plotted out, I've been sidetracked by other projects so I might never get around to writing it. But this book…moreYes, it is. Even though I have a sequel plotted out, I've been sidetracked by other projects so I might never get around to writing it. But this book was written to be able to stand on its own as a self-contained story (within a world of conflicts that could be explored further).(less)

Start your review of Asper
Joshua Grant
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rhonda Smiley creates a really cool adventure in Asper. When Milla loses her father at the hands of an evil queen, she flees the magical realm of Asper to Earth where she can plot her revenge in secret. There she meets Parker, a kind boy who pushes her in directions she never thought possible. I loved Smiley’s dual world concept and especially love the dynamic between Milla and Parker. With good twists and well-crafted narration, this one’s perfect for anyone that loves fantasy out there!
gj indieBRAG
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We are proud to announce that ASPER by Rhonda Smiley is a B.R.A.G.Medallion Honoree. This tells readers that this book is well worth their time and money!
Gillion Machota
*SENT BY AUTHOR
**FOR INDIE ADVENT CALENDAR

If you are reading a book and then you take a break from said book then try to get back into it, don't do it. That is what I did with this book and I felt lost for the remaining part of the book. I knew it was something along the lines of a girl having her Codex (magic spell book) and she had to jump in between worlds, I felt like that was just unnecessary. I felt like if we were just stuck in one world, the book would have been a lot shorter and the a
Oscar Allen
Jun 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fables meets Game of Thrones. What starts as a light-hearted YA fairy tale turns bloody. Milla has to hop between worlds while evading monsters and soldiers wearing Mi Go armor in an attempt to stop a spell from destroying existence as we know it. If you want a dark fantasy YA novel, this is it.
Travis
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun read. Swords... Sorcery... Secrets... What more could you ask for? Well, a motorcycle, obviously. And you get that too!

As a reader, I’ve always been intrigued by high fantasy, though maybe not the YA flavor so much. When it came to Asper, the cover art pulled me in despite my reluctance, and the novel inside rewarded me for taking a chance to broaden my perspective.

The first thing that stands out are the distinct characters. Every time someone new shows up on the page, th
Jorja
Cassidy Dwelis
Sep 11, 2017
Jenna Major
Feb 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Unsure if I'll read this, but I will say that cover is BEAUTIFUL!!
Deborah Anselmi

• Finder Deluxe Edition: Naked Truth, Vol. 5
  • Viewfinder, Tome 6 : you're my love desire in viewfinder
  • The Binding
  • Vintage
  • Spiacente, non sei il mio tipo
  • Due cuori in affitto
  • Wolkenschloss
  • La vita inizia dove finisce il divano
  • The Last Girl: My Story of Captivity, and My Fight Against the Islamic State
  • Tatiana and Alexander (The Bronze Horseman, #2)
  • The Summer Garden (The Bronze Horseman, #3)
  • Florence Grace
  • The Kingdom
  • The Rose Girls
  • Die unsichtbare Stadt (Das Herz der Zeit, #1)
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
  • Paradise Valley: La Trilogia
  • When in Rome
Rhonda Smiley lives in Glendale, California with her partner, James Hereth, and their spoiled terrier-mix, Jojo.

After earning her BFA in Film Production from Concordia University in her native Montreal, she returned to L.A. to pursue screenwriting. She started out as an assistant to filmmaker (and Academy Award winner) Zoran Perisic, while also freelancing as a story analyst for several productio