Start by marking “The Becoming of Ellicia Wayfield (Winged One, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Becoming of Ellicia Wayfield (Winged One, #1)

The Becoming of Ellicia Wayfield (Winged One, #1)

This is Book 1 of the WINGED ONE series (formerly "Alleyhill: The Becoming"). This is the completely revised edition.

Published July 2017 by Kay & Unruly Books

To ask other readers questions about The Becoming of Ellicia Wayfield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Becoming of Ellicia Wayfield

Emma♔☯ (Bookishfix)
DNF-60%
I received this novel from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I hate dnf'ing a book but unfortunately, I just cannot continue on anymore, I've given it the best shot I can. When I read the synopsis I thought this would be a book I'd love, especially being a fan of all things Supernatural/Paranormal. Unfortunately, I didn't like the writing much, and the pacing felt off (some parts were too slow, others ran through too quickly). The characters didn't feel very well developed, an
Aubrey Marie
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I recieved this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I like the storyline but to me, the story just doesn't flow, like the pace of it is off, too fast. It has potential to be a really good story though.
Chelz Lor
Nov 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Maybe
*I received an advanced reading copy for an honest review*

**Also SPOILERS**

So last year after years of my friends begging me to watch, I sat down and began the tedious task of watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show for the first time. I am not ashamed to say that I thought it was ridiculous and I am not a fan, despite my being a total fan of Joss Whedon.

The story was alright, the characters were meh, and for a show that claims to be all about feminism there was a lot of sexist things in it.
Meegy
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okkkkkkkk. so this was awesome. But now I need more. Like whattt. Amazing read, and nice and quick as well. Loved the main character Ellicia, but a little far fetched as well. (view spoiler) But still an excellent book to read. I cannot wait until I get my hands on book 2 and find out what happens, because that ending..

Thank you to Net Galley, the Publisher and of course the Author for giving me a chance to read this amazzzzing book. &
Catherine
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was ok

After the accident (and murder) that killed her father, Ellicia’s life has turned upside down. Between the monsters she thought wasn’t real and therapies to make sure she wasn’t insane, to transferring to AlleyHill High and meeting the vampire Jason, the angel Nathaniel, the asher (vampire, werewolves and ghosts hunters) Deana. Who’s to say that life will get easier?
   Oops! I almost forgot! Ellicia Wayfield, daughter of Jeremiah and Lillian Wayfield, is also the Protector of the hell gates.

Oct 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
My blog - https://lfbooks.blog/

*Rubs face* Where to start? I was never so happy in my life to finish a book. The end dream scene would have been perfect, if it was used. That was the only good thing about the book in my opinion. The whole book build up this whole fight for the end, which lasted. One second let me go count. 6.5 pages.

There was so much of a rush to add all these different elements to the paranormal, it just made it confusing. Why add so much? Focusing on one or two would have made
Annie
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

The Becoming of Ellicia Wayfield is book 1 of the Winged One series by Kemdi Ik from Kay & Unruly Press, released 22 Sept, 2015.

It's a YA urban fantasy with a high school and town full of supernatural beings (vampires/angels/werewolves etc) and supernatural hunters called 'ashers'. Ellicia herself is a protector (of the hell gates, what that involves is never precisely stated in the first book).

I understand sarcasm and snark seem to be quite p
Marissa
Aug 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.

The Becoming of Ellicia Wayfield is a young adult, supernatural story about a high school girl named Ellicia who is, unbeknownst to her, destined to become the protector of the world against supernatural evils. She arrives in a new town and school following her father's sudden death, finds that the residents of the town are a bit off, and eventually uncovers some big family secret. The story includes a plethora of otherworldly c
Victorique Crawford
This is simply a case of it not being to my expectations. I expected it to be a much funnier then what I got. I guess urban fantasy and paranormal only works for me when it simply is much funnier than it seems.

And well, this just doesn’t cut it. Ellicia, she has very little interesting things about her. I thought that perhaps she will be more active and at least more snarky in a way that I wanted it.

But it never had the same kind of effect that I wanted in it. And that although the world does se
Laurie Beemer
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 -I was not sure about this book after all the reviews on it, but it was interesting to me. It did seem to be missing some of the depth for the characters and be a little fast paced at times but I thought the overall plot was interesting I would read the next book in this series. Thank you NetGalley for allowing me to read this and write a honest review.
Lisa Elizabeth
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Poorly written and sloppily paced.
Jenny_acc
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book has some serious pacing problems. Everything feels really rushed, the main character is completely unlikeable,moody and rude. Not much is really explained and the end is very disappointing.
Caytie
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Details coming soon
Kemdi Ik
Jul 02, 2017 marked it as written-by-me
This completely revised book, now with a new title (The Becoming of Ellicia Wayfield. Formerly, Alleyhill: The Becoming), is finally out. Yay! Read more here.

Main genres: young adult fantasy, coming of age, paranormal
Sam
Nov 07, 2017 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
I recieved a free copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Unrated due to DNFing at 22%

I didn't enjoy this book, there was no build up of suspense, the storyline was hard to follow and the main character was extremely unlikeable. It felt like someone attempting to combine the most popular elements from well known and well loved fandoms but not injecting anything new or fresh.
It disappoints me to see portions of the Buffyverse included so obviously and without any origin
Pranesh Sreekantan
Dec 30, 2017
Susan Angela Wallace
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The becoming of ELLICIA Wayfield  by Kemdi ik.
ANGELS & DEMONS = FICTIONAL. RIGHT?
Ellicia Wayfield doesn't believe in the supernatural world, despite what she witnessed a year ago, especially now that she's dealing with a lot: the loss of a family member, her upcoming seventeenth birthday, settling down in a new town and being the new kid at her school. Besides, not everything has to be a supernatural mystery. Right?
Often, odd occurrences can easily be explained away. For example, that weird
Amanda